Options

mystery vinyl canada tracking?

Comments

• Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    edited May 2015
    Kingston and got Random Acts and Crown of Thorns single.
    *RNDM, Doh!
    Post edited by GustieIII on
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    GB200251GB200251 Posts: 9
    Don't ever post here, but just to update you good folks, I landed an Avocado and Devil Doll package in Edmonton. I'm so pumped about the Avocado. Definitely getting baked and spinning that tonight.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,148
    I got a black RNDM (as did my wife) and a No More 7". Meh. Not as bad as people who got side project/lightning bolt + christmas single, but still it's disappointing that most of Canada got the shaft (save a few people in Edmonton who got Avacodo's)....
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    edited May 2015
    GB200251 said:

Don't ever post here, but just to update you good folks, I landed an Avocado and Devil Doll package in Edmonton. I'm so pumped about the Avocado. Definitely getting baked and spinning that tonight.

Right on!!!!
    Make sure you're baked first before you reply to all the PM's you're about to get from others who want your Avocado. :smiley:
    Post edited by monkeewrench on
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,429
    GB200251 said:

Whoo Hoo! Still hope for me. Hopefully mine is there when I get home later.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options

GB200251 said:

Right on!!!!
    Make sure you're baked first before you reply to all the PM's you're about to get from others who want your Avocado. :smiley:
    Oh serious?? People are actually going to do that or you're pulling my chain? I don't even know how to work this website. I'm like trying to take my email off my profile and shit now.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited May 2015
    GB200251 said:

GB200251 said:

Right on!!!!
    Oh serious?? People are actually going to do that or you're pulling my chain? I don't even know how to work this website. I'm like trying to take my email off my profile and shit now.
    You just said that you love and want your Avocado (congrats btw! Such a great album!!), so I can't imagine that many if any people will be asking you about it. Maybe an offer or two from the truly motivated and desperate, but nothing major, lol. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

GB200251 said:

GB200251 said:

Right on!!!!
    You just said that you love and want your Avocado (congrats btw! Such a great album!!), so I can't imagine that many if any people will be asking you about it. Maybe an offer or two from the truly motivated and desperate, but nothing major, lol. ;)
    Ahhhh k gotcha, I was legit worried for a sec. Either way, I'm just vibing right now at work. Nothing is getting done this afternoon work wise, I'll tell ya that much.
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    As someone who also received an Avocado in the mystery sale, I stand by what I said. This place is filled with "truly motivated and desperate". Not trying to scare you, you can completely ignore any PM's but regardless of you saying you're going to spin it will not stop others from saying "if you decide to get rid of it...".
  • Options
    I remember when I posted that I got a Red LB when LB was first released, I got slammed with PMs from ppl offering me $$ and stuff.

Everyone was cool though when I said I wanted to keep it.
  • Options
    jrock60jrock60 Posts: 76
    Got it in Montreal today:
    Riot Act / Love Boat Captain

Thanks 10c! I have Riot Act already, hoping this will get me a LD with a trade.
    I'll ride the wave...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
    jrock60 said:

Riot Act? Sweet score man! :)
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,688
    jrock60 said:

Wow congratulations! Jealous :)
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    AnimalCh1nAnimalCh1n Posts: 86
    Nothing yet in Sudbury, ON. Bummer to wait longer...hoping it's worth it somehow!
    Barrie, Ontario 08-05-1992 x Toronto, Ontario 08-18-1993
    Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 x Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000
    Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 x Toronto, Ontario 05-10-2006
    Toronto, Ontario 08-13-2008 (Ed Solo) x Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009
    Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 x Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013 x Ottawa, Ontario 05-08-2016
    Ottawa, Ontario 09-03-2022
  • Options
    Got mine in Niagara Falls today. Tres Mts. and Mcready Coloured Vinyl Music for Film.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...
  • Options

Nothing yet in Sudbury, ON. Bummer to wait longer...hoping it's worth it somehow!

They are in Australia already but not Sudbury.. cmon that's crazy lol
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    London,ON - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
  • Options
    Nothing ManNothing Man Posts: 13
    Both my brother and I ordered one, his came in today. Mine didn't!!! Same shipping address! I may peel my face off soon. Still waiting for him to get home to see what he got.
    "I wish I was a full moon shining off your suber bee's hood" Buffalo 2003
  • Options
    I guess I'm the I'm the only Edmonton person to not get an Avacado...

RNDM black and 2000 xmas single.

Always wanted to try out RNDM, so here we go...
  • Options
    scurtis said:

You got hosed mannnnn lol
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    London,ON - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    scurtis said:

They're awesome!! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    nm219369nm219369 Posts: 204
    edited May 2015
    Caught a Bolt of red lightning, and pink RNDM Modern Times single in Lethbridge, AB
    Post edited by nm219369 on
  • Options
    RNDM Acts...Merkinball 45 in Victoria BC...stoked to have gotten into mystery sale, anticipation/hopes high to receive some PJ vinyl I don't have, expectations lower than hopes when reading what the Cdn mystery vinyl packages were, lowered expectations met, high hopes not met.
    Merkinball 45 nice to receive, Long Road was the first tune I self taught on guitar (play/pausing the version on touring band 2000 DVD to see where Ed's hands were fretting). This gives it a value to me outside of the $$. Don't have RNDM so I'm glad I didn't get Backspacer/Lightening Bolt (black) as a duplicate.
    In the end I overspent approx. $25-$30 for the product received. RNDM available on Amazon for $34 with free shipping and avg $$ for aftermarket mint/unplayed Merkinball on Discogs is $30 (+shipping).
    Such is life in situations like this and choice was mine to spend the money on a hope.

Hopefully a day comes when PJ/Sony/Epic/J Records (whomever) re-releases the studio LPs to put a pin in the price balloon that is PJ vinyl on the aftermarket (its the buyers not the sellers that set the value) and stick it to the bootleggers making money off the band's product and putting out (in some cases) an inferior product at crazy prices.
    Vancouver 1998, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013 - Toronto 2000, 2003 - Gorge II 2006
    Seattle I 2009, 2013 - Calgary 2011 - Edmonton 2011
    EV solo VAN II 2008, Las Vegas I, II 2011
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    Damm, nothing in the mail today, still waiting in ontario. Postman I got my eye on you
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,148
    Hail Hail the Black Circle: That's about how I felt about it. Overpaid a lot for some not hard to find vinyl. It can happen in a mystery sale, but I didn't expect them to focus it so much on geographical areas.

The best part was I had no idea there were this many 10c members in Victoria. It was pretty cool seeing that the 10c is well represented here.
  • Options

RNDM Acts...Merkinball 45 in Victoria BC...stoked to have gotten into mystery sale, anticipation/hopes high to receive some PJ vinyl I don't have, expectations lower than hopes when reading what the Cdn mystery vinyl packages were, lowered expectations met, high hopes not met.
    Merkinball 45 nice to receive, Long Road was the first tune I self taught on guitar (play/pausing the version on touring band 2000 DVD to see where Ed's hands were fretting). This gives it a value to me outside of the $$. Don't have RNDM so I'm glad I didn't get Backspacer/Lightening Bolt (black) as a duplicate.
    In the end I overspent approx. $25-$30 for the product received. RNDM available on Amazon for $34 with free shipping and avg $$ for aftermarket mint/unplayed Merkinball on Discogs is $30 (+shipping).
    Such is life in situations like this and choice was mine to spend the money on a hope.

Hopefully a day comes when PJ/Sony/Epic/J Records (whomever) re-releases the studio LPs to put a pin in the price balloon that is PJ vinyl on the aftermarket (its the buyers not the sellers that set the value) and stick it to the bootleggers making money off the band's product and putting out (in some cases) an inferior product at crazy prices.

Classic dude chilling out as your avatar.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    Well the one my friend purchased for me arrived. Exactly the same as mine, Black LB and a 99 single. Can't believe I spent $200 for those. I might as well have wiped my ass with the cash and threw it out, Hahahaha
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Mad Season and Love Reign over Me (2007 I think??) in Innisfail. Already got both but was still rad anticipation! And I already have two Blackspacers, glad I didn't get a third.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    tinz. said:

They are in Australia already but not Sudbury.. cmon that's crazy lol
    Still waiting in Toronto....can't wait for the weekend to be done....come on Monday!
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    nothing here south of Detroit
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    The NorthThe North Posts: 95
    Finally got mine is Mississauga. Opened it with very little excitement given what's been landing in the GTA this week.
    But it turned out to be Avocado and 2011 club single!!! Best luck I've had in a while.