• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    imalive said:

The boards are hopping today :sleepy:

:no_mouth:
    I wonder if we can come off as offensive using only smileys :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596

Poncier said:

Vertigo and tinnitus? What's going on?

Playing U2's "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" at too high a volume.
    Well that would explain the tinnitus lol
    Haha! Good one!

No, actually a long story but basically the tinnitus started when a student of mine ignited a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen in a large plastic bottle- purely and accident and an experiment gone wrong- and the ringing has been loud 24/7 since September 1993.

The vertigo has been undiagnosed since the late 80's.

The head aches are due to a concussion sustained a few years ago and a kid trying to knock me out last year.

Damn, it's good I have a hard head or I'd be a goner by now, haha!

Nevertheless, life is good and this place is alive and well!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    PJ_Soul said:

My mother surprised me yesterday with a MASSIVE FACE LIFT. :open_mouth: I'd been wondering why she'd been avoiding me for the past 3 weeks - she didn't want me to see it or even know about it until it was healed enough for her to not look like her face got run over by a truck.
    (she looks good though... I'm taken aback for sure, but they did a very good job, you can't tell it's a face lift... she just looks like she's 50 (she's 69). Still.... Wtf?!?!?!)

i'm planning on surprising my family with the same thing. really nervous about the big reveal though....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    brianlux said:

Poncier said:

Haha! Good one!

No, actually a long story but basically the tinnitus started when a student of mine ignited a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen in a large plastic bottle- purely and accident and an experiment gone wrong- and the ringing has been loud 24/7 since September 1993.

The head aches are due to a concussion sustained a few years ago and a kid trying to knock me out last year.

Don't need a helmet....

Well, I guess I found my song for the day. I'd had the Benny Hill theme stuck in my head. Yikes!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Hobbes said:

brianlux said:

Poncier said:

Haha! Good one!

Don't need a helmet....

Well, I guess I found my song for the day. I'd had the Benny Hill theme stuck in my head. Yikes!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yoSM9G00b0
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383

PJ_Soul said:

My mother surprised me yesterday with a MASSIVE FACE LIFT. :open_mouth: I'd been wondering why she'd been avoiding me for the past 3 weeks - she didn't want me to see it or even know about it until it was healed enough for her to not look like her face got run over by a truck.
    (she looks good though... I'm taken aback for sure, but they did a very good job, you can't tell it's a face lift... she just looks like she's 50 (she's 69). Still.... Wtf?!?!?!)

i'm planning on surprising my family with the same thing. really nervous about the big reveal though....
    based on your avatar, your family will be thrilled.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Poncier said:

Hobbes said:

brianlux said:

Poncier said:

Haha! Good one!

Don't need a helmet....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Laughed so hard I snorted - good job.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

Poncier said:

Hobbes said:

brianlux said:

Poncier said:

Haha! Good one!

Don't need a helmet....

back to irritate me with that damn smiley, I see.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

Poncier said:

Hobbes said:

brianlux said:

Poncier said:

Haha! Good one!

Don't need a helmet....

back to irritate me with that damn smiley, I see.

Of course, you were getting cranky without me around I noticed. It's all good though, awesomeness is back.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

:pensive: we all do have jobs right? :hang_loose:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    FoxyRedLa said:

:pensive: we all do have jobs right? :hang_loose:
    most of us do and sometimes we even have to do them - shocker I know but hey that's how it is.

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Where are we allowed to talk about degenerates again? The last 3 threads I've started have gotten closed.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

Where are we allowed to talk about degenerates again? The last 3 threads I've started have gotten closed.

Did I see one get deleted too? :naughty:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

I believe that kind of talk is meant for a group pm. You could always start one of those.
    ELITIST FUK

Was supposed to be this one. Was hiding behind the happy title.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    SD48277 said:

I believe that kind of talk is meant for a group pm. You could always start one of those.
    Pm groups. Ha! Those are for poor people.

SD48277 said:

You can talk about degenerates as long as you don't infer that any one is one or directly call someone one unless that person is yourself if you so choose. That was my take away at least...it was in the fine print.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596

SD48277 said:

You can talk about degenerates as long as you don't infer that any one is one or directly call someone one unless that person is yourself if you so choose. That was my take away at least...it was in the fine print.
    Soooo you're saying none of us here can call Last-12 a degenerate, eh? Hey badbrains... you out there?

Halts mal. Calling Mr. Halts mal...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

You better watch you p's and q's young man your becoming known as the thread closer lol. But yes that is what I believe the fine print means, please do no infer that I would say such a thing.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    NjNancy- sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope you get to see your son again soon. I don't know what is going on around here either.

Susan- http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/stylewatch/package/article/0,,20881794_20903767,00.html?v=desktop

I've met Julie Andrews before....didn't think I was going to meet her, but she offered to meet all the kids after the concert. I think I was 10.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    hedonist said:

But the thing is (depending on outlook, I guess)...it's not horrible. Why is FEELING a certain age trumped by physically aging? People I've seen - mostly women - trying to combat nature end up looking more unnatural.

I don't know...I look in the mirror and sure, it'd be nice to see the face of the young woman I was in my 20s. But I'm not that woman anymore, thank god.

I'm THIS woman.

Sure, keep myself in shape, take care of my skin, etc...but I AM older. I embrace it, I'm thankful to have lived in full so that my face shows the lines of smiles and sorrow, of living. It's life...and I've learned a shitload in the process - still am.

Hedo,I don't know about you but I'd much rather be in my skin (and head)now in my 40s then going back to my twenties.Youre so right about our lines showing the smiles,sorrow and joy of our life's experiences.I for one embrace the next few chapters.

Ps-how's Hedoman feeling?His kidneys doing better?

SD48277 said:

I still just want a Lego Oscar.

I want a Lego Emma Stone.
    rr165892 said:

SD48277 said:

You can have the lego one...can I have the one made of flesh and bone?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

RKCNDY said:

NjNancy- sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope you get to see your son again soon. I don't know what is going on around here either.

Susan- http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/stylewatch/package/article/0,,20881794_20903767,00.html?v=desktop

I've met Julie Andrews before....didn't think I was going to meet her, but she offered to meet all the kids after the concert. I think I was 10.

Lisa, you're crafty...will you make me one? Pleeeeeassssse. :prayer: And, you got to meet Mary Poppins? Cool.
    ELITIST FUK
    I see Juggler got his wish...
    ELITIST FUK
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    SD48277 said:

I see Juggler got his wish...

I was shocked that one got shutdown.

rr165892 said:

SD48277 said:

You can have the lego one...can I have the one made of flesh and bone?
    Upon further thought I want both.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

But the thing is (depending on outlook, I guess)...it's not horrible. Why is FEELING a certain age trumped by physically aging? People I've seen - mostly women - trying to combat nature end up looking more unnatural.

I don't know...I look in the mirror and sure, it'd be nice to see the face of the young woman I was in my 20s. But I'm not that woman anymore, thank god.

I'm THIS woman.

Sure, keep myself in shape, take care of my skin, etc...but I AM older. I embrace it, I'm thankful to have lived in full so that my face shows the lines of smiles and sorrow, of living. It's life...and I've learned a shitload in the process - still am.

Hedo,I don't know about you but I'd much rather be in my skin (and head)now in my 40s then going back to my twenties.Youre so right about our lines showing the smiles,sorrow and joy of our life's experiences.I for one embrace the next few chapters.

Ps-how's Hedoman feeling?His kidneys doing better?
    It's funny how we change (and don't) from decade to decade. Quite the wild - and sometimes insightful - ride.

And thank you for asking, rr! He's in good shape today, even changed both cat boxes and swept the kitchen floor.

Awesome how marriage, partnership in general, is never 50/50. We lean on each other, pick up the slack when needed, supplement weakness with strength.
    this place....could go either way.

johnny....no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdB3msFJWyM

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11