Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    No
    rgambs wrote: »
    Last12, think about this though, if the odds of intelligent life are a gazillion to one thats still good odds if there are a million gazillions of worlds in the vastness of the cosmos!

I agree with that. I'm open to the concept of life out there. But, I just want to see proof of it.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Yes
    alien, as in there is something strange out there, that doesn't fit our definition of Alien.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    Yes
    I don't like the idea that something has to be proven to exist...I find it too limiting. By saying prove that it does exist and I will believe it, you have just given the outside world way too much power over your limiting your imagination. no thanks on that...because dinosaurs couldn't be proven to exist before the fossils were found, did that make them any less real?

that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Yes
    FrankieG wrote: »
    There is way too much space in the universe for aleins to not exist. I do have a couple questions: Are they also water/carbon based with the same basic idea of DNA like us? Or if they evolved using some other type of 'building block of life'?
    Are they more than just simple single cell aliens?
    What is their intelligence level?

I'm not sure but I would compare it to human beings and ants with us beings ants to their intelligence level???

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Yes
    hedonist wrote: »
    Hugh!

Why are there no "don't know" or "the fuck prompted this?" options?

Don't limit me, man [-X

Weed.
    B-)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yes
    Personally, I think intelligent life is/was out there. Maybe not in our present time period, but for sure something has existed. For intelligent beings to evolve at the same time, under the same incredibly rare circumstance, would be, in my mind, virtually impossible.

I do not believe, however, that they have been to earth. A species capable of intergalactic travel would not be captured and/or killed by the US army or government. And there is no way that would be suppressed. It would be just too massive with too many people involved to keep the facts hidden.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    FrankieG wrote: »
    There is way too much space in the universe for aleins to not exist. I do have a couple questions: Are they also water/carbon based with the same basic idea of DNA like us? Or if they evolved using some other type of 'building block of life'?
    Are they more than just simple single cell aliens?
    What is their intelligence level?
    some scientists think life can also develop using silicone as its base. So be wary of chicks with implants. they are actually alien eggs waiting to hatch!
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    paulonious wrote: »
    hedonist wrote: »
    Hugh!

Why are there no "don't know" or "the fuck prompted this?" options?

Don't limit me, man [-X

Weed.
    B-)

Not like I can relate or anything....
    O:-)
  • Yes
    callen wrote: »
    So if space is indeed infinite there are an infinite number if pearl jams out there. Let alone aliens.

There's another Callen too.

There is no doubt as to alien life. Pick any point in the sky and travel forever at an unimaginable speed. At some point, you're going to come across alien life (and that's at a bare minimum).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    No
    mikepegg44 wrote: »
    I don't like the idea that something has to be proven to exist...I find it too limiting. By saying prove that it does exist and I will believe it, you have just given the outside world way too much power over your limiting your imagination. no thanks on that...because dinosaurs couldn't be proven to exist before the fossils were found, did that make them any less real?

Did we know dinosaurs even existed until humans found the fossils? What do you mean by giving way to much power to the outside world? I said that I'm open to the idea. I haven't definitely said no, we are alone in the universe.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Yes
    OK, so now we definitely have identifies the question of whether there may or may not be aliens in the universe we might also want to explore the question of...

hold on...

transmission coming in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevmQaZTehk
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    Maybe one day they'll abduct Scott and do some experiments on him. Oh wait a minute, they prob don't bother with assholes.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412

this is it..do the right connections now..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Last12, think about this though, if the odds of intelligent life are a gazillion to one thats still good odds if there are a million gazillions of worlds in the vastness of the cosmos!

I agree with that. I'm open to the concept of life out there. But, I just want to see proof of it.

Open your mind Scotty boy!!
    Yes
    rr165892 wrote: »

ahhh, yeah.... but watch Invasion of the Body Snatchers and see what THAT get's ya!

@-)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    brianlux wrote: »
    rr165892 wrote: »

ahhh, yeah.... but watch Invasion of the Body Snatchers and see what THAT get's ya!

@-)

How about Cocoon?
  • mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    Yes
    mikepegg44 wrote: »

Did we know dinosaurs even existed until humans found the fossils? What do you mean by giving way to much power to the outside world? I said that I'm open to the idea. I haven't definitely said no, we are alone in the universe.

Right, saying open to is great,
    I probably could have said it much better, but what I was trying to say was that if I am relying on the outside world to give me my reality I limit my own imagination/universe. I realize that may sound confusing and it is hard to put into words exactly what I mean.

That was my point, we didn't know dinosaurs existed for certain, there may have been stories, there may have been folklore about them, hard to know for sure, but my point was that they existed whether we had proof or not. Sorry if that was unclear.

that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Yes
    What if our existence is just one big trip, and when it's over, an alien holding a bong looks over at his alien buddy, and says "Yeah, I felt it!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2015
    I don't really understand how people can think there even MIGHT not be aliens in the universe. That seems like a literal impossibility to me, considering how many planets are out there, and how ridiculously insignificant Earth is in the universe. We're a fucking piece of dust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC7yFDb1zOA
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No
    the universe is crazy big but really folks...we don't know of any planets that will sustain life as we know it to be,not even Mars is good for sustaining life for any amount of time ,no water no vegetation and the weather really sucks up there from what Ive read.

Godfather.
    Yes
    Godfather. wrote: »
    the universe is crazy big but really folks...we don't know of any planets that will sustain life as we know it to be,not even Mars is good for sustaining life for any amount of time ,no water no vegetation and the weather really sucks up there from what Ive read.

Godfather.

Just because Mars atmosphere appears to not be life sustaining for human beings doesn't mean it can't be sustaining for aliens elsewhere in this vast universe.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I'm surprised GF knows there's even more then 1 galaxy. Faux must of done a special on it last weekend.
    Yes
    Here's an article that estimates the number of planets in the known universe:

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2013/01/05/how-many-planets-are-in-the-universe/

With at least 200 billion galaxies out there (and possibly even more), we’re very likely talking about a Universe filled with around 1024 planets, or, for those of you who like it written out, around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our observable Universe.

I can't imagine there not being life on at least a few of those. But intelligent life? What's the likelihood? Does anyone know the answer to that?

edited January 2015
    Yes
    brianlux wrote: »
    Here's an article that estimates the number of planets in the known universe:

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2013/01/05/how-many-planets-are-in-the-universe/

With at least 200 billion galaxies out there (and possibly even more), we’re very likely talking about a Universe filled with around 1024 planets, or, for those of you who like it written out, around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our observable Universe.

I can't imagine there not being life on at least a few of those. But intelligent life? What's the likelihood? Does anyone know the answer to that?

Let's see a billion has 9 zeroes right.....I'd just stop there. I've been to the far side Sombrero Galaxy with the Silver Surfer and its cold and dark there but no intelligent life as yet. However, when we get to the near side something might pop up....

hs-2003-28-b-large_web.jpg

In infrared light.
    Peace
    Post edited by g under p on

Yes

Godfather.

scientists have found several planets recently (light years away though) that are in the so-called goldilocks zone (not too hot, not too cold, etc), which means they could possibly sustain life as we know it. but as someone else said, it's a little simplistic to even think that life could only exist in the goldilocks zone. maybe there's life out there that can survive in much harsher conditions than we weak humans do.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

No
    badbrains wrote: »
    I'm surprised GF knows there's even more then 1 galaxy. Faux must of done a special on it last weekend.

stop it........what do you mean more than one galaxy ? hahhahhahah you are a funny guy.

Godfather.

No

Godfather.

scientists have found several planets recently (light years away though) that are in the so-called goldilocks zone (not too hot, not too cold, etc), which means they could possibly sustain life as we know it. but as someone else said, it's a little simplistic to even think that life could only exist in the goldilocks zone. maybe there's life out there that can survive in much harsher conditions than we weak humans do.

yeaaaaah I realize that the universe could be capable of other life forms but dang man if you listen to all the storys and photoshop pictures it just kind of takes away from any real thoughts that we might really see a UFO or some other life form.

Godfather.

Yes

yeaaaaah I realize that the universe could be capable of other life forms but dang man if you listen to all the storys and photoshop pictures it just kind of takes away from any real thoughts that we might really see a UFO or some other life form.

Godfather.

then why did you vote no?

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

No

Godfather.

then why did you vote no?

because I don't believe that there is, is it possible-yes I believe a lot of things are possible but not probable..I know that makes zero sense to most of you but I just don't think
    that the "grays" or little green men are really there.....yet, it would be luck that one landed in my back yard tonight LOL!!!!

Godfather.