*** Moline Fanviews Here 10/17/14 ***

Comments

• beach2112beach2112 Posts: 20
    edited November 2014
    Just heard part of the boot on sirius...it was amazing. What a magical night that was ... the band.sounded phenomenal! !
    Post edited by beach2112 on
  • I can't wait to hear it. Surely a must have boot.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • It's November 25th...are the Moline posters and bootlegs coming out today?
  • Put a poster in my cart at 12:02 CT, but it was sold out before I could get the transaction through. Oh well ... the boot is what I really desire, and im sure it will be up soon
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    Holy crap...I just saw the news...why wasn't this broadcast on Good Morning America the night after??? Looks like I'm buying that one!

Thanks PJ!!! Very, VERY cool. And it gives us hope that the same will happen with all the other albums besides the 3 they already did. Awesome.
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Having now bought the digital download of Moline. I like the audience bootleg better. Yeah musically the official boot is 10x better. It actually sounds spectacular. But it completely loses the crowd's energy and presence, which was a big part of why that show rocked so much. When I listen to the audience boot, It brings me back to that night.
  • Sarava said:

Having now bought the digital download of Moline. I like the audience bootleg better. Yeah musically the official boot is 10x better. It actually sounds spectacular. But it completely loses the crowd's energy and presence, which was a big part of why that show rocked so much. When I listen to the audience boot, It brings me back to that night.

This is 100% accurate.

• Sarava said:

This is 100% accurate.

I ordered the bootleg CD, but haven't received it yet. I was 5th row GA on Mikes's side and the audience was rockin! Every time I looked back after a song, the whole place seemed to be on their feet cheering. It was my first PJ show, and I thought the crowd was amazing...truly appreciative of the gift that was being given to us
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    beach2112 said:

Sarava said:

This is 100% accurate.

I ordered the bootleg CD, but haven't received it yet. I was 5th row GA on Mikes's side and the audience was rockin! Every time I looked back after a song, the whole place seemed to be on their feet cheering. It was my first PJ show, and I thought the crowd was amazing...truly appreciative of the gift that was being given to us
    Agree with the crowd being amazing the whole time. It was great to be in Moline that night and experience the band play the setlist they did.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Sarava said:

What boot where you listening to? I thought crowd noise was spot on. The moline boot could be top ten since 2000.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    edited December 2014
    Sarava said:

I agree also. The pit was going nuts when they played Who You Are and went ballistic when they played In My Tree since then we knew they were playing the whole album. It also kind of takes away from the experience when they edited out the first try of "Moline". I rather remember the whole concert experience (blemishes and all).

6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83

Sarava said:
    It also kind of takes away from the experience when they edited out the first try of "Moline". I rather remember the whole concert experience (blemishes and all).

The blemishes are on the boot. He asks Keely to turn up the lights.
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
    dot30 said:

Sarava said:
    It also kind of takes away from the experience when they edited out the first try of "Moline". I rather remember the whole concert experience (blemishes and all).

The blemishes are on the boot. He asks Keely to turn up the lights.
    That's why I enjoy going to the shows and getting the boots, imperfections and all. Just like when Eddie forgot the first verse of around the bend.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Listening to the boot and reliving the night.

Goose bumps listening and remembering Present Tense that night. Off da fucking charts.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    YLed2 said:

Listening to the boot and reliving the night.

Goose bumps listening and remembering Present Tense that night. Off da fucking charts.

Got the CD last Friday and listening through for the 3rd time right now. What a great fucking night that was. The boot sounds phenomenal.
  • It is an amazing boot. During "Smile", I remember thinking "I really do MISS THEM ALREADY! Every time I hear that song, I'm back in Moline again. Wish they'd come back to that same venue next year and play Avacado
  • dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    MOLINE!!!! :D
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• Downloaded the Boot last night, thanks to PJ it was a free one :)
    Have to say, As I listened through the album I was taken right back to that place... What a magical night and while the paying of No Code was historic and great, I almost forgot about the other gems, like Gone, Bee Girl, In Hiding, and on and on.
    Three months ago today, time has flown by.

It was great to be back in my previous hometown for that show.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• The only minor flaw I heard on the entire Moline boot was when Eddie spoke of Rick Nielsen from Cheap Trick. Was waiting for a shout-out for my hometown (Rockford), but he said Rockton (which is only 20 minutes from here, so it's an easy mistake to make:) At the show, with the crowd noise it did sound like he said Rockford!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    oh Moline, that show I saw purely at the whim of fate, what a wonderful path you started me down....I really don't know if another 4 show run will ever top it.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • RF283878RF283878 Posts: 208
    I was in the GA pit when Ed was walking to get into the middle of the floor. He's a little dude.
  • RF283878 wrote: »
    I was in the GA pit when Ed was walking to get into the middle of the floor. He's a little dude.

With a huge heart and IMMENSE talent.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I got really drunk and yelled a lot
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728

I got really drunk and yelled a lot

Funny I did the same thing, had a great night :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    It seems so long ago......
  • Hope they come back to the Quad Cities area sometime in the near future!
  • Hank56Hank56 Posts: 66
    My daughter is 12 and I am 44. Needless say we don't have much in common, except Pearl Jam and this show, her first. We listened to the show the other day while on a car trip and relived every moment. She wants to know when WE are going to catch another PJ show. My new concert buddy. I am a lucky man. Gettin that itch man.....need a live fix.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Hey everyone.. posted this on the Porch but sharing here too.

The BTN Videos multi-cam show of Moline is out on YT and came out fantastic! This was truly an epic evening. Check out the video online. The two disc blu ray will be coming very soon and posted publicly for download!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKJuZRGKsoo