Boston Bruins

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited May 2014
    threaten to kill a guy in the hand shake line. Classy move by Lucic there huh?

and does this mean the Pats are looking to sign him now to replace Hernandez as their resident murderer?

and yea i know i'm making a joke of it above but it really is disrespectful to the game to act like that in the hand shake line. pretty terrible behavior to me.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    pjhawks said:

and does this mean the Pats are looking to sign him now to replace Hernandez as their resident murderer?

and yea i know i'm making a joke of it above but it really is disrespectful to the game to act like that in the hand shake line. pretty terrible behavior to me.

Pretty much sums up Lucic's level of class.
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    pjhawks said:

But, Boston Strong!!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    rival. said:

pjhawks said:

But, Boston Strong!!
    Dang it! When people were shitting on our boy Sean Avery a few years back, I wasn't clever enough to come up with "But, 9/11."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    edited May 2014
    dankind said:

rival. said:

pjhawks said:

But, Boston Strong!!
    Dang it! When people were shitting on our boy Sean Avery a few years back, I wasn't clever enough to come up with "But, 9/11."
    Tongue in check as the Boston Strong campaign once stood for great unity when a city was in need. And the Boston sports teams were able to lift the city up (similar to the 2001 Yankees). But now amongst all the angst around the Bruins/Habs series, seems a lot of that unity and class has completely evaporated and you are left with nothing more than a marketing slogan to sell more Red Sox, Bruins, etc shirts.

IMO of course.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I would like to personally thank the Boston Bruins
    for wearing down Montreal to the point
    where PK Subban was gasping for air on the bench.
    Without them this NYR victory wouldnt be possible.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    It's great to see a Boston Bruins player on the cover of an EA Sports NHL game. :)

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/category/ea-sports-nhl/nhl.aspx?icmp=homepage_20140905_s2_NHL15_en
    demetrios said:

It's great to see a Boston Bruins player on the cover of an EA Sports NHL game. :)

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/category/ea-sports-nhl/nhl.aspx?icmp=homepage_20140905_s2_NHL15_en

The Future Shop exclusive steelbook has an even better cover, just sayin' ;)
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I think so too if I can say my piece
  • demetrios said:

Especially a player like Bergeron.

demetrios said:

Especially a player like Bergeron.
    I'm a Habs fan and I approve of a Bergeron cover.

Future Shop's steelbook cover:

imagehttp://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/Products/500x500/103/10305/10305250.jpg

• Rygar, what are your thoughts on PK's contract?

Way too much, but I'm glad to hold on to him. We knew we were going to overpay to keep him and he was getting paid the big bucks whether we gave it to him or another team did, so I think I'd rather overpay and have him on the team than have let him go elsewhere.

I think another team down the road would take his contract too, so he could be traded if things really went sour in Mtl.

• I feel the same way about Krejci's new deal & Tuuka's from last year. . . . too much $ & too many years, but fact of the matter is, it's what they have to do to hang on to these guys. They would be hard pressed to replace any of those guys through free agency, & wouldn't be able to do it for less money, that's for sure.

PK is also great for the Habs / Boston rivalry. . . I hate the guy, because he's such a force against the Bruins, it's more out of respect than anything else. At the end of the day, I'm happy to see him stay in Montreal.
    Well said. Price is RFA in 3 years I think (maybe 2) so that ought to be equally painful, yet necessary....
    One thing about our two teams rivalry is that at least we both seem to show up to play every game.
    That is pretty awesome!
    Bruins are up 1 nada. End of 1st against the Habs. I wanted to attend this game but something came up.

Hopefully we win. Last night lost against the Leafs was awful!!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    How are you feeling about your chances now - sincerely a Habs fan :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • demetrios said:

Bruins are up 1 nada. End of 1st against the Habs. I wanted to attend this game but something came up.

They were up 1-0....... Then they didn't score any more.....

This sucks.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    It doesn't suck it rocks....oh wait wrong thread ;)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

It doesn't suck it rocks....oh wait wrong thread ;)

Lol

Boston could not have picked two worse consecutive games to shit the bed...

demetrios said:

This sucks.
    It totally sucked! :(

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

This sucks.
    It totally sucked! :(

It was awesome!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Wow, did Lucic actually get 1 punched the other night. Looks good on him, he throws a lot of cheap sucker punches
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • BLACK35 said:

Wow, did Lucic actually get 1 punched the other night. Looks good on him, he throws a lot of cheap sucker punches

Edit: "Wow, did Lucic actually get 1 punched the other night?"

There, I fixed that for you.

BLACK35 said:

It was right the first time!

Always glad to beat the Bruins. Montreal didn't play well enough to deserve the win, but overall I don't think Boston made it that hard on Price.
    2 pts is 2 pts, however.
  • Rygar said:

BLACK35 said:

It was right the first time!

Always glad to beat the Bruins. Montreal didn't play well enough to deserve the win, but overall I don't think Boston made it that hard on Price.
    2 pts is 2 pts, however.
    Nope, the Bruins didn't put up much of a fight at all..... Montreal owns them these days, there's not much to dispute.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Great win tonight against the Wings...now if they can just heal up and keep this effort going all will be well.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    2 straight!