Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    badbrains said:

?

Is this what you post when you're "hammered?" (?) marks? Real brilliant. Fucken fucktard. :))
    This is your reply to my hammered post? Nowhere near good enough. Keep trying.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Easy boys and girls. The warning police are on heavy patrol?
    What the hell you fucktards doing on a Saturday night that requires you to post on this god forsaken forum?

I have an excuse, I'm working and I font have anything better to do.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377

I'm hammered

Should this have been Ima Hammered?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

What the hell you fucktards doing on a Saturday night that requires you to post on this god forsaken forum?

Do you work in printing?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    do you classify it to still be insomnia if you only get about 4 hrs sleep a night ?:(
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited October 2014

Do you work in printing?
    :D
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited October 2014
    JWPearl said:

do you classify it to still be insomnia if you only get about 4 hrs sleep a night ?:(

Yes. Insomnia is defined by anything under the required 6-8 hours of sleep. You could even be considered an insomniac when you DO get 6 hours, if say.. You got 3 hours, then were awake for 4 hours, before you got the last 3 hrs of sleep.
    Post edited by whispering hands on

Do you work in printing?
    2 things here: 1) don't you know I am the king of the auto correct (see viscous attacks!) 2) the f is right next to the d on every qwerty keyboard.

So what I'm saying is could somebody give Miss Spelling a call for me?

Do you work in printing?
    2 things here: 1) don't you know I am the king of the auto correct (see viscous attacks!) 2) the f is right next to the d on every qwerty keyboard.

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

Do you work in printing?

And miss double post perhaps ;)
    It hasn't been a good day!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    ^^^ Oh, Miss Spelling! You there?

The most stupid question I can think of right now: Why didn't I go to The Bridge Concert this year- especially since PJ was in town? (It's only a couple of hours from where I live and about a mile from where I grew up.)

Or this: Why do I keep fuckin' up?

:))
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited October 2014
    brianlux said:

The most stupid question I can think of right now: Why didn't I go to The Bridge Concert this year- especially since PJ was in town? (It's only a couple of hours from where I live and about a mile from where I grew up.)

All I can day is;

- We all fuck up from time to time ;)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    brianlux said:

You know they still playing tonight right?

• ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    For ppl in countries with universal/socialized healthcare: Do you still get billed for "your responsibility" by medical providers? Like the ambulance and the doctors and the hospital and the radiologists?
    I have a bill here from the ambulance for $80 for "2 miles" and I am trying to wrap my brain around this whole thing. I posted it in the stupid questions thread because I feel incredibly ignorant on the matter and realize for someone who is familiar with the way this shit works this is a silly question with an obvious answer.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Longueuil said:

brianlux said:

You know they still playing tonight right?

Yep- couldn't make it today though- other commitments. Maybe next time. :-)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

ldent42 said:

For ppl in countries with universal/socialized healthcare: Do you still get billed for "your responsibility" by medical providers? Like the ambulance and the doctors and the hospital and the radiologists?
    I have a bill here from the ambulance for $80 for "2 miles" and I am trying to wrap my brain around this whole thing. I posted it in the stupid questions thread because I feel incredibly ignorant on the matter and realize for someone who is familiar with the way this shit works this is a silly question with an obvious answer.

$40 per Mile. Sounds about right.

ldent42 said:

$40 per Mile. Sounds about right.
    Here in Co. You get billed @ 800.00 even if you only go a mile!! You literally are oaying them just to show up! And yes you still have to pay at least 300.00 even if you don't take a ride in there at all!!
    Last time I called 911 - thankfully, several years ago - it was approximately $600 to transport my husband from home to ER (and we live less than half a mile from the hospital; I could see his room there from home).

Worth it though (and bless those EMT's who ensured his safety and well-being).
    Where I'm at, it's free for the medics to show up. As soon as they bust out the stethoscope and the blood pressure cuff, it's $350-400. If they transport you, it's another $300-400 depe.ding on which hospital you go to.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    In BC there is an ambulance charge - I'm not sure what it is, but I think I've heard in the region of $150 - $200. Nothing else pertaining to a hospital stay is charged for, but there are charges for odd other things like specialty colours of cast material (you can get the plain old white one for free), braces and crutches, outpatient physiotherapy, etc.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited October 2014

Where I'm at, it's free for the medics to show up. As soon as they bust out the stethoscope and the blood pressure cuff, it's $350-400. If they transport you, it's another $300-400 depe.ding on which hospital you go to.

Yeah, similar here too. After, the gentleman/EMT who stayed with us in the ER told me that there's no charge to transport from our door to my car...which is great! But what do I do when we arrive AT the ER?

I love how this thread has meandered.

Also made me realize that some questions are far from stupid.

...errr, "dumb".

In BC there is an ambulance charge - I'm not sure what it is, but I think I've heard in the region of $150 - $200. Nothing else pertaining to a hospital stay is charged for, but there are charges for odd other things like specialty colours of cast material (you can get the plain old white one for free), braces and crutches, outpatient physiotherapy, etc.

what about in patient physio?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

JWPearl said:

Yes. Insomnia is defined by anything under the required 6-8 hours of sleep. You could even be considered an insomniac when you DO get 6 hours, if say.. You got 3 hours, then were awake for 4 hours, before you got the last 3 hrs of sleep.
    well thank you im insomniac then lol and last night i got more sleep about 6 hrs and now i feel as though i've over slept, and my sleep was deep and heavy and half consisted of dreams that made no sense and dreams that did, i miss my 8 hrs
    Last 12, hedonist, whispering hands, you guys are all in the US right?
    ldent42 said:

I am.. I'm in Colorado.. But no I didn't get to go to the Denver show.
    Ok.
    I don't know if the others are here in the US too., but I believe they are.

ldent42 said:

I am.. I'm in Colorado.. But no I didn't get to go to the Denver show.
    Ditto all of that but in California.
This discussion has been closed.