*** Moline Fanviews Here 10/17/14 ***

Comments

• JS81606JS81606 Posts: 73
    RiotZact Posts: 4,048
    October 18
    dot30 said:
    » show previous quotes
    We were in section 207 last row and were right above those assholes. Or were you elsewhere? It looked like everybody else in the entire venue stayed on their feet the whole time! I did have to sit down for one song (they wore me out), but I was right back up!

PS I've learned to ignore those people or just sing louder and dance wilder! Can't let them bring you down!
    There's always one lame section, we had it in Baltimore last year, only section in the building that had people sitting down, luckily none of them bitched about us standing.

We were in section 207 as well. My 12 year old daughter figured it out quite quickly that they were playing no code and her only comment of concern was " Why were they out of order?" to which I replied, " becuz I usually have it on shuffle!" She really enjoyed Jimmy from Long Island NY and was not overly impressed with the enibriated man who stumbled all show over everyone in the row. Overall the show was amazing. How do you top Stone singing, NO CODE entirety!? And yes, we were bitched at for standing becuz, those behind either did not know the songs or were too unstable to stand. Hands down best show for me. Yes, We were at the Excel Center last PM and it didn't even compare. My daughter "dad, too many popular songs from their catalog." We still had a great time.
  • Incredible show! My sister and I listened to No Code on the way down (Wisconsin) and talked about how much I love Red Mosquito but would probably never hear it live...Holy shit! I still cannot believe they did the whole album! Stone was fantastic - Mankind- My band man favorite - LOVE how personable and talkative Ed is, feels like a small discussion even though there were thousands! I loved and appreciated the unpredictable set list - McCready was a phenom! Still cannot grasp the immensity of it all - Chick next to me sat through 90% of the show looking at her phone...Really? Did not apologize for my a$$ being in her face most of the night but I was there for the MUSIC!!!!!!

Going to Milwaukee tonight - FINALLY got GA tickets - I am so ready!!!!!!!!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    No Code sucks... play Daughter
  • Moline was my first show. Totally awesome! Would appreciate info on moline merchandise and bootleg. Is there a limited supply? New to 10C and don't think I can live without that bootleg.
  • cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 315
    beach2112 said:

Moline was my first show. Totally awesome! Would appreciate info on moline merchandise and bootleg. Is there a limited supply? New to 10C and don't think I can live without that bootleg.

The official boot will be released on 11/25. There are a couple pretty good audience recording floating around on the interwebs (I don't have a link handy). Search these forums and you'll find one.
  • This show in Moline was unbelievable. So many songs I wanted to see live were played, partly due to the No Code live show (present tense, habit, off he goes) but also Gone and In Hiding. All of these songs are amazing and once again PJ brings it.

We were about five or six in front of Mike and watching him play Eruption is mind blowing.

Legendary show, legendary performance.
  • I am in sheer stunned amazement once again. Traveled down from MONTREAL. Pre-show was GREAT. As per usual, met some great folks. From Fort Lauderdale, from Chicago,from Iowa. Justin and Sarah from....(damn whiskey we shared killed the home-state name, haha) The venue was perfect, the No Code top-to-bottom was sweet, Elderly Woman as a kick-off was perfect and fitting. BEST BAND in the world. BEST FANS/PEOPLE in the world. Speechless....
  • Just wanted to thank the band and the awesome fans for such a great night. No Code was a curveball that the crowd just ate up. Tons of energy, felt really spontaneous, and good people all around. Born and raised in Moline so it was also fun to have so many great PJ fans in the hood. Hoping for more of the same every time I see them. Thanks again!
  • dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    edited October 2014
    k9s4Bern said:

Chick next to me sat through 90% of the show looking at her phone...Really? Did not apologize for my a$$ being in her face most of the night but I was there for the MUSIC!!!!!!

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!
    \m/
    Post edited by dot30 on
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
  • dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    JS81606 said:

And yes, we were bitched at for standing becuz, those behind either did not know the songs or were too unstable to stand. Hands down best show for me. Yes, We were at the Excel Center last PM and it didn't even compare. My daughter "dad, too many popular songs from their catalog." We still had a great time.

I DARE someone to bitch at me for standing at a PJ concert!
    [-X

And your daughter is my favorite youngster right now! She's got a bright future! Lol
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    edited October 2014
    ANTIocmed said:

The rest of the show was great and I thought it was hilarious when mike was playing Rick Nielsons guiatar during Alive and towards the end of the song he was playing back next to Matt. Matt leans over and tells mike 'smash it!', as in smash the guitar and mike laughs and goes 'nooooo'....one of those moments where the band was having a helluva good time.

Was the smash it comment also when Jeff and Stone were also surrounding Matt? I could have sworn that they there guitar picks at Mike when he was standing on Matt's drum riser but I couldn't quite make it out. They were all cracking up at something, maybe it was the smash it comment :)
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • swtlewswtlew Posts: 71
    nycrats said:

I just came down off my Moline high. One of the best musical experiences. Crowd was great. I was in the back of GA center going nuts and the whole area I was in was full of diehard fans. .Made my way to 10 row about after the 1st set without pissing anyone off whom I passed up. Maybe they were too busy watching Ed in the crowd while I walked past them all. Thanks Ed!!!! Any way see you guys in Milwaukee!!!!

ha, i did the same and got like 8th row pretty easily, but my buddy (who is a pretty large dude) was a few seconds behind me and got hip checked and boxed out by a chick who just started screaming at him, so i went to the back of the pit again with him, was great back there anyway. but it was a good idea, everyone goes nuts to go get a picture of eddie on the back divider
    Really guys???? Very poor form. We moved back a little to watch Eddie but went back to where we were standing almost exactly. I'd like to meet the chick who hipchecked your friend. Sounds like my kind of woman...
    I want to rock and roll all night, and part of every day. - M. McCready
  • JS81606 said:

RiotZact Posts: 4,048
    October 18
    dot30 said:
    » show previous quotes
    We were in section 207 last row and were right above those assholes. Or were you elsewhere? It looked like everybody else in the entire venue stayed on their feet the whole time! I did have to sit down for one song (they wore me out), but I was right back up!

PS I've learned to ignore those people or just sing louder and dance wilder! Can't let them bring you down!
    There's always one lame section, we had it in Baltimore last year, only section in the building that had people sitting down, luckily none of them bitched about us standing.

We were in section 207 as well. My 12 year old daughter figured it out quite quickly that they were playing no code and her only comment of concern was " Why were they out of order?" to which I replied, " becuz I usually have it on shuffle!" She really enjoyed Jimmy from Long Island NY and was not overly impressed with the enibriated man who stumbled all show over everyone in the row. Overall the show was amazing. How do you top Stone singing, NO CODE entirety!? And yes, we were bitched at for standing becuz, those behind either did not know the songs or were too unstable to stand. Hands down best show for me. Yes, We were at the Excel Center last PM and it didn't even compare. My daughter "dad, too many popular songs from their catalog." We still had a great time.

Glad you and your daughter had a great time cause Da Kid sure did playing his fav album was quite a memorable moment for sure.See ya on Da next tour.
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    The place with the Chapel on 4th Avenue and 12th Street...
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • AGAIN, ANYTIME YOU WANT TO PULL THE FULL ALBUM STUNT IN TORONTO, OR MONTREAL, WE'D ALL APPRECIATE THAT.

YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    It's been a week now and I still can't stop thinking about how awesome this show was and what a great time I had.
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    RiotZact said:

It's been a week now and I still can't stop thinking about how awesome this show was and what a great time I had.

Yup. Fuckin' Moline...
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • jnikojniko Posts: 292
    Relived the show via bootleg today. What an awesome experience that day was. Special night. Still can't get over Habit. Favorite song of the night because I had never seen it before and it totally rocked beyond my imagination.
  • jniko said:

Relived the show via bootleg today. What an awesome experience that day was. Special night. Still can't get over Habit. Favorite song of the night because I had never seen it before and it totally rocked beyond my imagination.

Same here .. Loved seeing that song live!
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201

jniko said:

Same here .. Loved seeing that song live!
    I saw it in Baltimore last year and again in Moline, no PJ song that I've seen has been more fun to rock out to, it's not even one of my favorites it just jams so fucking hard live. One of few songs I would genuinely enjoy hearing at every PJ I go to.
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    I feel fortunate to have attended. Aside from the full album being one of my two personal favorites, we got treated to so many other great tunes. Good requests from the folks up front.
    High octane performance of a great setlist, with a responsive crowd in a smaller venue. How can you beat that? I never would've guessed that we'd be hearing such a stellar combination of songs in one night... still happily stunned.
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    edited October 2014
    This show was so sick - band and crowd both. No Code speaks for itself, but so many other gems thrown in there. Small venue, INSANE crowd, and weird place.....in my mind, there was no better time or place for them to bust this out. Every lyric from every song absolutely belted out from the crowd. The shock value alone makes this one off the charts.

The show was.....The. Real. Deal. No hype at all. Special show this one.

I was also in Milwaukee, which obviously was the second best show of the tour, but Moline took it by a hair. Kudos to the band for pulling off playing the most cherished albums by their true fans. Will be a tough one to top.
    Post edited by YLed2 on
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Wow, I would have loved to be at this show.
    No code in full. I'm quite sure this boot will end up in my collection.
    Congratulation on everyone who was so luck to attend this show.
    Must have been bliss.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Oh by the way does anyone remember if I'm open had the poem included?

2014 Berlijn
  • Oh by the way does anyone remember if I'm open had the poem included?

It did not.
  • jjpalicki said:

Oh by the way does anyone remember if I'm open had the poem included?

It did not.
    Thanks for the answer, although it was not the answer I had my fingers crossed for. :P
    Oh, well one can't have everything. Especially since so much has been given that night.

2014 Berlijn
  • FadedGloryFadedGlory Chicagoland Posts: 416
    MK88178 said:

CS218185 said:

My 10th show and with that special number, I was hoping for a special show and PJ delivered! The band brought their "A"game. The crowd had great energy and the band did too. Pre show I was looking for a rarity (Bee Girl, check), a bucket list song ( Brain of J, check) and some Stone singing (Mankind, check). Unbelievable! And for them to bust out front to back No Code, I was in awe. It brought back memories of waiting in line at Positively 4th Street Records in Charleston for the midnight sale of this album. And for someone who has a gap between live shows of 1995-2004, it was great to catch songs from tours I missed. God I loved this band.

Eiu!
    Another Panther in the house here! Man, I used to practically LIVE at Positively 4th Street. All my incense came from there, and I must've given them $1,000 for import live boots that I should've been spending on my education!

1992: Chicago, Tinley Park
    1995: Chicago
    2009: Chicago
    2013: Chicago, Worcester I+II, Los Angeles I+II
    2014: Cincinnati, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, Toronto II
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV solo)
    2018: Seattle I+II, Chicago I+II, Boston I
    2022: Chicago I+II (EV & Earthlings), Los Angeles I+II, Las Vegas (canceled), New York, St. Louis
    2023: St. Paul I+II, Chicago I+II, Indianapolis (canceled)

• RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Without any doubt, best setlist i have ever seen!
    Only time i'm jealous i'd missed a concert of Pearl Jam since i was at Amsterdam 2012 show 1+2.
    The bootleg is in pre-order
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • jnikojniko Posts: 292
    just watched Milwaukee show and I was at Moline and Moline blew it away,
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    I forgot also thank the guy from California and lady from nearby Schaumburg, IL who I was conversing with in GA with all of my other buddies that made this show great. I can't remember your names, but I would like to say it was great meeting you both and hopefully we can meet up at another PJ show again.

I still can't believe this show happened two weeks ago.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)