Official Stupid Questions Thread

Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
edited July 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
I've always told people when they prefaced a question with "this is a stupid question..." by saying there are no stupid questions, just stupid people. It gets a laugh. So I've always been careful of not saying this may be a stupid question. But, I think I have one.

What does god speed mean? I hear it all the time and have no clue.
Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
Tagged:

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    http://i.word.com/idictionary/godspeed

I was hoping this was a thread where we ask stupid questions
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

There's still time - we can definitely make this a thread where we ask stupid questions.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Ask away!
    edited October 2014

I never thought to look in a dictionary. I thought if was a phrase. Not a word. Thanks.

I guess that's why it was a stupid question....
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Here is a stupid question...if someone calls you "sweetheart" right before they rip into you...would you take it as condescending?
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

Here is a stupid question...if someone calls you "sweetheart" right before they rip into you...would you take it as condescending?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l_mcnafhsI
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    lol
    Unfortunately I'm at work and can't watch the video because I have no sound on my stupid computer... :-(
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited October 2014
    Condescending? Yes! God Speed is a phrase wishing one well upon departure. It literally is shortt for May God's Speed Carry You Safely Home. Although there are tons of variations of the phrase.. In other words get to your destination safely and quickly.. This was back in the day when formal greetings were almost paragraphs long!! I forget all the shortening a of it, but another variation of this eventually became Good Bye. Just like Hello has it's own totally off the wall origin! Lol
    Post edited by whispering hands on
    Thank you! I knew I wasn't imagining it...it was on the other forum I belong to...I had to log off of there before I REALLY said something to get myself kicked off the forum...because that's how mad I was getting at these dumbass guys who were arguing with me over stupid shit....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Condescending? Yes! God Speed is a phrase wishing one well upon departure. It literally is shortt for May God's Speed Carry You Safely Home. Although there are tons of variations of the phrase.. In other words get to your destination safely and quickly.. This was back in the day when formal greetings were almost paragraphs long!! I forget all the shortening a of it, but another variation of this eventually became Good Bye. Just like Hello has it's own totally off the wall origin! Lol

Correct whispering. I'll even add with my travels through the Middle East, they say "Allah ma-hak" translating to "god be with you."
    Stupid question:

Does giving your significant other a "Dutch Oven" and it not ending the marriage / relationship signify true love?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Stupid question:

Does giving your significant other a "Dutch Oven" and it not ending the marriage / relationship signify true love?

If your significant other would tolerate that from you. You'd better keep him/her. I for one, would end it in the spot!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yeah, to me this is the thread where we all ask our stupid question without too much shame. So...

What in the fuck does HALTS MAUL mean????? Like shut your face?? :-/
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, to me this is the thread where we all ask our stupid question without too much shame. So...

It would be my honor to assist in your opening that can of worms.

(or just seek out Senor Badbrains :D)

=))

HM!!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

PJ_Soul said:

Shhhhhh. ;)
    edited October 2014

=))

HM!!

Careful you! =))
    edited October 2014
    I had to ask about HM too! But I used it yesterday at work.. Funniest part?? This Mexican chick knew what it meant and busted out laughing!

I had to ask about HM too! But I used it yesterday at work.. Funniest part?? This Mexican chick knew what it meant and busted out laughing!

=))
    edited October 2014
    It was great! I was running the tamp set AND the cold press, so everytime we'd change out molds, I had to call for different temps of steel, so eventually I just started called out the temp number by the number followed by the request. I.e. If I needed 26 temp, I'd yell 26 steel! Well my feeder guy was this pessimistic asshole, and everytime I'd yell for steel, he'd say that's what ghey're doing, ( meaning the company was ripping us all off). And I was already in a bad mood over missing a home show not much more than an hour from me! So I ripped into him, starting with halts maul! Then later, I laughed about it! But one of the ladies behind us on the de-bur line busts out laughing and tells her other little Mexican friend, she just say shut up in German. So they all start laughing! I'll tell you what might happen today when I get home! Lol
    Post edited by whispering hands on
    edited October 2014

It was great! I was running the tamp set AND the cold press, so everytime we'd change out molds, I had to call for different temps of steel, so eventually I just started called out the temp number by the number followed by the request. I.e. If I needed 26 temp, I'd yell 26 steel! Well my feeder guy was this pessimistic asshole, and everytime I'd yell for steel, he'd say that's what ghey're doing, ( meaning the company was ripping us all off). And I was already in a bad mood over missing a home show not much more than an hour from me! So I ripped into him, starting with halts maul! Then later, I laughed about it! But one of the ladies behind us on the de-bur line busts out laughing and tells her other little Mexican friend, she just say shut up in German. So they all start laughing! I'll tell you what might happen today when I get home! Lol

This was great! Hahaha. Nice story to start the morning off! The word of today for you to use at work is "puta". PU-TA. I.e.What a fucken "puta!" The Mexican workers will get a kick out of that no doubt!! =))
    Oh I know what that means!

Oh I know what that means!

Use it in my honor today, please =))
    Stupid question:

If the band Pearl Jam plays Dirty Frank in Germany, could they change the lyrics a bit?

That dirty Frank was a bad mother...
    Shut your mouth. <----- modify this line here
    Hey man I'm just talking about dirty Frank
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Stupid question:

If the band Pearl Jam plays Dirty Frank in Germany, could they change the lyrics a bit?

That dirty Frank was a bad mother...
    Shut your mouth. <----- modify this line here
    Hey man I'm just talking about dirty Frank</p>

Oh man, you are walking on thin ice already!
    That would be grounds for termination

That would be grounds for termination

Shhhh, maybe they don't know =))
    Why is marijuana still a schedule one drug?

Why is marijuana still a schedule one drug?

Because lawmakers are "DUMB" =))
This discussion has been closed.