cant believe they SCAMMED me....

Long, LONG, story short, i was just scammed out of a ton of money on....you guessed it....craigslist.

I jut moved to Denver last month and i didn't have GA tkts to tonites show. Bought some online via craigslist and did the dumbest thing ever....i trusted a fellow PJ fan to do me right. I paid in full BEFORE getting the tickets and now, i cant get a hold of the guy. I paid a lot and got burned, im a moron.

Anyway, if anyone happens to have spare Denver tickets, i can pay face....i'd have paid more, but thats all i have left...

thanks,

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Damn dude....there were spares on given to fly earlier
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I'm sorry man.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Sorry man. Most of us get fooled at some point when we let the excitement or desperation take control of us. Just got to accept it and move on.
  • Sorry man. Most of us get fooled at some point when we let the excitement or desperation take control of us. Just got to accept it and move on.

yup, thats the thing...im a smart guy in every day life!!

I just cant believe a$$holes like this exist!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2014
    That's shitty. Lesson well learned I guess. Aaaaaannnnnd you might want to just add that you paid this person face value for the tickets and didn't actually lose THAT much money, before you get busted by the mods for attempting to contribute to 10C tix going for more than that, since it's against 10C rules.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

That's shitty. Lesson well learned I guess. Aaaaaannnnnd you might want to just add that you paid this person face value for the tickets and didn't actually lose THAT much money, before you get busted by the mods for attempting to contribute to 10C tix going for more than that, since it's against 10C rules.

good point and quite valid, too. the sad reality is that these are selling above face value in other places...not this board.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    You paid the guy I'm guessing through PayPal. Call the cops, maybe they can help.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Shit man, sorry to hear. Go to the venue now and put your finger in the air. Going to see the show will help you forget all about it. It's only money, the memory of the show lasts a lot longer than that.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.

You paid the guy I'm guessing through PayPal. Call the cops, maybe they can help.

Oh, well if he paid through paypal and used the goods and services option then he can just file a dispute through them.... dude, tell me you didn't pay him using the gift option on paypal. X_X
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Shit man, sorry to hear. Go to the venue now and put your finger in the air. Going to see the show will help you forget all about it. It's only money, the memory of the show lasts a lot longer than that.

I agree. I have used fan club tickets for only one of the five shows I have been to. A couple I walked right up to the ticket window and bought tickets that were dropped the day of the "sold out" show. They were great fucking seats too. You never know what can happen. Lots of friendly folks in Denver.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • scott nowlandscott nowland Australia Posts: 247
    Moondog1 is giving away a ticket on the threat either above or below yours to denver
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Haha, people looking out for complete strangers. I fucking love it.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876

....i trusted a fellow PJ fan to do me right.

That's awful. I assume you paid more than face.

1. A real PJ fan wouldnt go to Craigslist unless it's a last resort, and with a GA ticket it would be very unlikely. Buying 10C tix at inflated prices (even when real) just feeds the members who are scalpers and keeps them coming back for more.
    2. You should report the name and email to 10C, just in case they are a member.

Did you pay by PayPal?

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited October 2014
    You really paid "alot" to a stranger on craigslist up front without ever meeting him?

It is a hard ticket so why would you not pay cash upon delivery when you met them for the tickets?

Don't want to call you a liar but that is hard to believe my friend?
    Post edited by my2hands on
    It also looks like someone tried to pm you about their tickets and wrote on that worthless space below your profile info. Maybe check with them?
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I don't know anything about Craigslist. I'm sorry that you lost a lot of money. I agree with what PJ Soul and given2fly had to say. It's a bummer though.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • my2hands said:

You really paid "alot" to a stranger on craigslist up front without ever meeting him?

It is a hard ticket so why would you not pay cash upon delivery when you met them for the tickets?

nope, believe it man...im a happy idiot today. But you're ok with that, arent ya? :)

Does the finger thing work at PJ shows? I was under the impression that that only worked or was understood by anyone at Grateful Dead and Phish shows (seriously). :)
    PJ_Soul said:

Does the finger thing work at PJ shows? I was under the impression that that only worked or was understood by anyone at Grateful Dead and Phish shows (seriously). :)
    I think it's a universal symbol for I need a damn ticket! Lol.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    my2hands said:

Have to agree here.
    But if you actually did all you have to do is go through Paypal, if you paid with CC just cancel the transaction.

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13

my2hands said:

nope, believe it man...im a happy idiot today. But you're ok with that, arent ya? :)
    I am not happy if anyone gets ripped off... hopefully you get in the show and your money back...

By the way, how did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Horse2345 said:

my2hands said:

Have to agree here.
    But if you actually did all you have to do is go through Paypal, if you paid with CC just cancel the transaction.

Yeah, if anyone asks for money before the day of the show always say no, since the person has to pick them up at will call, so there is NO reason for them to want that unless they are ripping you off.
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, if anyone asks for money before the day of the show always say no, since the person has to pick them up at will call, so there is NO reason for them to want that unless they are ripping you off.

I actually disagree with this. I've had extra non-10c tix to shows before but I never confirm until I have payment. I guess it just depends on both parties, but if I can give credentials, like my eBay ID, personal email and phone number, or in PJ's case, the fact that I have over 3,000 posts on here, that should buy some goodwill.

Still curious how the OP made payment.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • PJ_Soul said:

I actually disagree with this. I've had extra non-10c tix to shows before but I never confirm until I have payment. I guess it just depends on both parties, but if I can give credentials, like my eBay ID, personal email and phone number, or in PJ's case, the fact that I have over 3,000 posts on here, that should buy some goodwill.

Bingo! paid in full up front in cash. didnt want to miss out. again, i trusted that a member of the family wouldn't F me over.
    But how did you know he was a member? Did you get his real name, board ID, ticket confirmation, anything?

• my2hands said:

He just said he paid cash.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
This discussion has been closed.