*** Detroit Fanviews Here 10/16/14 ***

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Great setlist!
  • That's a pretty strong contender for best setlist of 2014. Up there with Leeds for me. If I'd known they were going to play Black, Red, Yellow, I would have been there, no question.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Great energy from the start
    If we didnt know it was a special one with the first non pendulum opener, then oceans sure as hell whipped the building into a frenzy. They were loving it. I thought i heard a little strum of light years when ed was talking about jack whites departed keyboard player, and boom, got it for 2nd time this year. Just LOVE that tune. Was wondering if rodman was gonna be there, and bry was friggin On point last night, ya missed a good one worm! Im not a big singer but there were just so many singalong tunes tunes last night.

That was the smallest floor area pit by a good margin that ive seen, it was only about 1/6 of the floor maybe? Was fun seeing who scored a pj red wings jersey when the lights would go up scanning the crowd. Those things are bad ass.

I liked ed's mini rant about the sign requests, let it go people, live in the moment!

Met a lot of cool people, a ton of canadians at this show. Nemos is a really cool old school vibe bar. Took the bus there after for a few post show beers and a burger.

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    edited October 2014

Here's the deal....I drove 400 miles. I usually stop by the Wishlist party, meet a few people and head out when it gets crowded. Our people mover station was closed for our lunch bar we wanted to hit. (Really, we were fine but it worked out great). Stopped by Detroit Beer Company for lunch. Concert buddy and I are big sports guys. We saw Ford Field and Comerica Park off the train. Lunch, then a quick walk to the parks and go pick up tickets.

On the way to the parks we saw Cheli's. Said, let's grab a beer in there. I said to my buddy, "if Chelios shows, I'll hit him". I'm a Flyers fan, he played for the last two teams that beat the Flyers for the Cup.

Had 1, then 2...Christ...Chris Chelios walks in. My buddy, a Red Wings fan, called me out...I ate crow, I pussed out. After Ed's speech at the show, thank God. Being hockey fans, we texted friends we were about 20 ft from Chelios. Then....bam. I hit my friend "dude, that's Vedder". I'm the type of guy that just wants to give a head nod, nothing more. I ran outside, Ed never came in...Chris walked out. Ed, I was the guy who pretended to be on the phone. Being close at a show and close on the street are two different things. I do hope the PJ nut jobs, (sorry but it's true), just enjoy the moment and give the guy a head nod.

So, people mover people...thank you for fucking up our plans and having our station closed. My day worked out.

I got fucking Oceans, Ten is finally complete. Tonight is why we drive hundreds of miles for shows. I lost count of how many shows I've been too, I really don't care, but Detroit is number 2. I love your city, it's great. Folks that rib it, me before..I'm sure, have never been here. Great city, great people.

I'm typing on my phone at 1:00 something ing the morning, I have no idea if this makes sense but it's real. God Damn I love this band.

I just shed a tear for you and for all of us who feel the same. It is real. Glad you had such a great day!
    Post edited by shetellsherself on
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • jadakidjadakid Posts: 64
    Sea said:

03. Nothingman
    04. Go
    06. I Wanna Be Your Dog/Corduroy
    09. Even Flow
    10. Light Years
    12. Dissident
    15. Not For You
    16. Once
    17. Rearviewmirror
    18. Man Of The Hour
    20. Last Kiss
    22. State Of Love And Trust
    23. Black
    24. Better Man/Save It For Later
    25. Do The Evolution 
    28. Detroit Rock City/Spin The Black Circle
    29. Alive

Over half the GH album played last night! That's NOT a bad thing at all.
  • Props to Detroit, its people and its music history... man, the boys showed you the love tonight. So thrilled for all who were there! How many times did I say, Gzus, they played THAT?! Boot purchase in my future.
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    looks like they did another request: red, black, yellow!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

Here's the deal....I drove 400 miles. I usually stop by the Wishlist party, meet a few people and head out when it gets crowded. Our people mover station was closed for our lunch bar we wanted to hit. (Really, we were fine but it worked out great). Stopped by Detroit Beer Company for lunch. Concert buddy and I are big sports guys. We saw Ford Field and Comerica Park off the train. Lunch, then a quick walk to the parks and go pick up tickets.

On the way to the parks we saw Cheli's. Said, let's grab a beer in there. I said to my buddy, "if Chelios shows, I'll hit him". I'm a Flyers fan, he played for the last two teams that beat the Flyers for the Cup.

Had 1, then 2...Christ...Chris Chelios walks in. My buddy, a Red Wings fan, called me out...I ate crow, I pussed out. After Ed's speech at the show, thank God. Being hockey fans, we texted friends we were about 20 ft from Chelios. Then....bam. I hit my friend "dude, that's Vedder". I'm the type of guy that just wants to give a head nod, nothing more. I ran outside, Ed never came in...Chris walked out. Ed, I was the guy who pretended to be on the phone. Being close at a show and close on the street are two different things. I do hope the PJ nut jobs, (sorry but it's true), just enjoy the moment and give the guy a head nod.

So, people mover people...thank you for fucking up our plans and having our station closed. My day worked out.

I got fucking Oceans, Ten is finally complete. Tonight is why we drive hundreds of miles for shows. I lost count of how many shows I've been too, I really don't care, but Detroit is number 2. I love your city, it's great. Folks that rib it, me before..I'm sure, have never been here. Great city, great people.

I'm typing on my phone at 1:00 something ing the morning, I have no idea if this makes sense but it's real. God Damn I love this band.

Post concert euphoria...nothing like it. Glad you had such fun!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Sea said:

06. I Wanna Be Your Dog/Corduroy-(Alexander, Asheton, Asheton, Pop).  (Band plays 20 seconds of “I Wanna Be Your Dog” as an intro to Corduroy. No vocals)

what a tease. i was so pissed. :P
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    1st show for me last night and I am blown away. I'm not sure I've fully processed the night yet! They sounded so fantastic and they were so obviously having such a good time up there. What an amazing gift they have, to enthrall so many people with their music. The place was packed and very very into the show.

I was as excited as a little kid while waiting for them to come on, and when they did.....My God...Release! Then it just got better and better. Mike McCready is a beast. His energy!! Ed's voice sounded great and what an entertainer he is up there. They all deserve every accolade they get and more.

Thank you 10 Club for great seats, and thank you Pearl Jam for a great night. Cannot wait until I can see them again. Color me officially addicted.

• letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    Truly great show. The intensity in that arena last night was incredible.

It's also great to see the nice comments about the city from out of towners. I'm glad people ventured out and saw that Detroit is a great place. Hopefully they make it a point to come back soon!! The Joe was a fantastic venue to see them in
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    ed was smashing shit like crazy last night. he went down heavily at one point too. i bet he's feelin it today. poor guy.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • JE70630JE70630 Posts: 11
    edited October 2014

1st show for me last night and I am blown away. I'm not sure I've fully processed the night yet! They sounded so fantastic and they were so obviously having such a good time up there. What an amazing gift they have, to enthrall so many people with their music. The place was packed and very very into the show.

I was as excited as a little kid while waiting for them to come on, and when they did.....My God...Release! Then it just got better and better. Mike McCready is a beast. His energy!! Ed's voice sounded great and what an entertainer he is up there. They all deserve every accolade they get and more.

Thank you 10 Club for great seats, and thank you Pearl Jam for a great night. Cannot wait until I can see them again. Color me officially addicted.

Wow...what a 1st show!!! So happy for you (for ALL of us who were there last night)!!! Welcome to the "addicted" club.
    Post edited by JE70630 on
  • JE70630JE70630 Posts: 11

Truly great show. The intensity in that arena last night was incredible.

It's also great to see the nice comments about the city from out of towners. I'm glad people ventured out and saw that Detroit is a great place. Hopefully they make it a point to come back soon!! The Joe was a fantastic venue to see them in

You said it...the intensity was incredible!!!
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Wow, what a fucking show! As soon as I heard the opening chords of Release, I knew it was going to be good. Then Oceans, holy shit. Then Go, Dissident, Once, awesome. Mike was on fire tonight, Ed sounded great. I couldn't believe how loud the crowd was, hopefully that will make them want to come back to the D.

Went to Greektown afterwards for some more drinks and Blackjack, and won enough to pay for the entire nights drinks. So I left with more cash that I had withdrawn from the ATM before the concert. Great night
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    When I first looked at the cities this tour would go to, and thought "If I could go to only one... which city do I think will just blow the others away with the show they get?" And I couldn't decide between Lincoln and Detroit. But Detroit got the edge, and had I been able to go to one, this would have been it. And I would be one happy f'in camper if I had gone, let me tell you that, wow, between the energy, setlist (especially the covers and intros), and just it being Detroit Rock City, it sounds like an absolute winner! Happy (and jealous!) for everyone who got to experience that!
  • Excellent set, how long was it?
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Wow does this mean they're gonna work up Get Right by the time they get to Denver on Wednesday??? ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • tloughtlough Posts: 4
    To the guy my dad I met in merch line who named his son Lukin, I hope you read this! We freaked out for you when Ed announced he was there, and I screamed just as loud for "Man of the Hour." Hope you held the tears back :) What a wicked show for you!! Cheers!
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    I can't believe it is already over! Who knows how long I'll have to wait until they come back around.

Still can't get over how fun that was last night. I was dancing and singing the whole night, and was drunk as hell. I'm feeling all of it today
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

2 hours 50 minutes. They played 5 minutes after the 11:00 curfew. My tenth show and this was the best yet. Great, great crowd - Detroit!!!!
    The have's have not a fucking clue

2 hours 50 minutes. They played 5 minutes after the 11:00 curfew. My tenth show and this was the best yet. Great, great crowd - Detroit!!!!
    Thanks for the info, glad you guys got a good show, hopefully we get one tonight
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Fuck ... what an incredible show, the energy at the joe was just unbelievable. Great setlist and was super happy they played Imagine. I really hoping they play the joe 1 more time before its razed.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    Can't believe "I wanna be your dog" was played. AWESOME SET!
  • The Joe was literally bouncing under my feet during Baba O'Riley...incredible!
  • mylomylo Posts: 35
    I can't believe how amazing that show was. I really wanted to hear Release and Indifference and got both, as well as Oceans, I mean come on. Ed did an awesome job on Imagine. The floor was literally bouncing during several of the loud bangers. The crowd was really loud all night and very into it, there were few times I could not even hear Ed the singing along was so loud. The sound was great where my seats were in section 123.

The look on Ed's face when he forgot the words to Indifference was hilarious. The whole band was having a blast as well, Ed trying karate kick Mike, Stone was bouncing around several times, Ed smashing the light and his guitar.

Can't wait for the next one, post show depression kicking in already.
  • MG182478MG182478 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 27
    Awesome night in Detroit! Great crowd, great energy, great setlist. The band was having a blast. Ed was super chatty and pretty funny last night. And destructive. :) I thought for sure he hurt himself when he fell on what was left of the globe. Would've loved to hear some Yield or more No Code.. But at this point, they have soooo many awesome songs that even the songs left off the setlist might be your favs. Show 23 is. Wrap! :)
    1994 : Cleveland
    1995 : Chicago
    1996 : Toronto, Buffalo
    1998 : East Troy x2, East Lansing, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh, Cuyahoga Falls
    2000 : Columbus, Pittsburgh, Auburn Hills
    2003 : Cleveland
    2004 : Toledo
    2005 : Toronto
    2006 : Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati
    2010 : Cleveland
    2013 : Buffalo
    2014 : Detroit
    2016 : Tampa, Wrigley 
    2018 : Wrigley 
    2022 : Chicago (EV & The Earthlings)
  • Show #21 for me, and the only one of this tour :( None the less, great energy, and Black Red Yellow for the 2nd time for me....
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443
    What a terrific night. Met so many great people to experience the night with. From James and Louis, who we crossed the border with, to the couple from Kitchener, and the Detroit lawyer and his wife (on a Getaway from their 2-yr old twins) to the Dad and his 8yr old daughter rocking out, and a guy named The Hurricane. Everyone looking out for one another, and enjoying the experience in their own way. Highlights for me included Black Red Yellow, Imagine, the Release/Ocean opener, and belting out Betterman with all the other faithful in attendance (and at home)!
    Thank you 10C for the seats!
    Can't wait until the CDN '15 tour!! Thank you boys. Another special evening.
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly