*** St Louis Fanviews Here 10/3/14 ***

Comments

• wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    I could be wrong. I know Willie Wilson was at the KC show a few years back and was on stage.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292

I think it was Flip Wilson

I can understand the confusion - I think Flip / Willie was wearing a one of the old Mookie shirts.
  • I love wearing my PJ shirts to PJ concerts. The trouble is, I have so many now, it's hard to choose which one to wear! :-?
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Mookie Blaylock
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    First time I heard Chloe/Crown - :-O never thought I'd catch this one live - I can't describe how I feel. Beautiful! Beautiful! I'm still just :-O

Lukin! Pilate! Not For You! W.M.A. Thin Air! Down!

LOVED THE IMPROV! <----- MAJOR HIGHLIGHT!

Lovely dedications! Thanks again PJ!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    FoxyRedLa said:

First time I heard Chloe/Crown - :-O never thought I'd catch this one live - I can't describe how I feel. Beautiful! Beautiful! I'm still just :-O

Lukin! Pilate! Not For You! W.M.A. Thin Air! Down!

LOVED THE IMPROV! <----- MAJOR HIGHLIGHT!

Lovely dedications! Thanks again PJ!</p>

Exactly!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Did anyone see that when Eddie first came on stage to sing Imagine that Mike originally came out too. Eddie then gave some kind of sign like "I got this". It happened pretty quickly so I wasn't sure if anyone else caught that.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

Did anyone see that when Eddie first came on stage to sing Imagine that Mike originally came out too. Eddie then gave some kind of sign like "I got this". It happened pretty quickly so I wasn't sure if anyone else caught that.

Yep
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I was impressed by the lady at her hundredth show and who was sitting behind the stage. We hear so much complaining about seat location, yet here was someone who after 99 previous shows was still happy to just be in the building. Thought that was very cool.

If you are here, say hello. We toasted you in the rafters.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DavidwlittonDavidwlitton Flathead Valley Posts: 17
    edited October 2014
    Does anyone have photos or videos from when Eddie came out into the crowd???? I would be forever grateful :)

*edit* JimmyV - I agree, that was really awesome to see!
    Post edited by Davidwlitton on
    2009 - Eddie Vedder Solo - Atlanta
    2012 - Atlanta
    2013 - Wrigley Field
    2014 - St. Louis ('Brace' for Eddie during Porch)
    2016 - Greenville
    2018 - Missoula
  • DavidwlittonDavidwlitton Flathead Valley Posts: 17
    edited October 2014

nycrats said:

Ed was wearing an actual "pearl jam" t shirt, cant remember last time i saw a lead singer wear his actual band's shirt.

Maybe Ed was giving a big FU to everyone on the board saying you can't wear a PJ shirt to a PJ Concert

:D
    That is what I was thinking. I remember reading that thread a while back... apparently I should have worn my wrigley shirt to match him!
    Post edited by Davidwlitton on
    2009 - Eddie Vedder Solo - Atlanta
    2012 - Atlanta
    2013 - Wrigley Field
    2014 - St. Louis ('Brace' for Eddie during Porch)
    2016 - Greenville
    2018 - Missoula
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Wonder how long ed waited in the merch line for that tshirt
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    nycrats said:

HALTS MAUL! =))
  • RZ27566RZ27566 Posts: 57
    The show was fuckin awesome, also I met two groovy new friends from KC and NY Sabrina and Will very cool to hang out with. Peace
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384

Awesome setlist tonight.

These threads are getting me even more excited for the Denver show, can't wait!

• After all these years and shows to see these guys still love each other makes me most happy to be a fan of them.

With Ed wearing the PJ shirt and trying to play guitar while back 2back trying to make a human arch with Mikey and falling to the ground. The whole band laughing and Ed trying to play and help Mikey up by his belt loop was priceless.

The camera guys realy did great getting a close up of the guys laughing on the screens. It's tough to describe but you can see they still love each other after all these years.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I forgot to mention that before the show we were hanging out at Joe Buck's in the bar and as we were getting ready to leave a young lady asked if she could have our table. She asked if we were going to the show and I'm pretty sure she said this was her first show. She was hoping to hear "Just Breathe" since that was her wedding song. I told her that since they didn't play it in Cincy that she might get lucky. It was nice to hear Eddie break it out later that night. I bet she was pretty happy.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • I keep checking back to this thread to see if that angry guy has offered a little more on his experience. :D

* No shows for me this fall. But after seeing the setlists, I did consider flying somewhere to see a show. I'm feeling left 'out of the loop'. Glad to hear everybody but two people had a great time!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    nycrats said:

I heard he "knows a guy" in the merch tent.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    nycrats said:

I picture him shaking his head shamefully and walking away from the merch lines....
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • narnianarnia Posts: 635
    Check out Ed and Mike @ 4:12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRLZthnoDls
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    edited October 2014
    Here's my STL experience...
    Drove downtown past venue about 12:45. Merch line was already about 2 blocks long. Went straight to Maggie O's. Met some really cool people there. Hung with @gimmiesometruth27 and Laura all day...they were so great! Met the legendary Boston Lou too! Headed back over to merch line around 2. Met @sd48277 she's super nice. Now we stood and talked for about 15-20 minutes. Literally did not move 1 step. Said fuck it back to the preparty. Met up with my wife, her sister and mother (her first show!) So many other great people too (Dan from KC, Tampa Rob ect....

To the show. Got to 10c seats sec 116 Mikes side. Very good view. Such a cool start with the Cards game on the screens. I've been a huge fan my whole life so that was an awesome few minutes with Carpenters hit and the band waiting to come on till then. Pendulum opening was one of the highlights for me. I hadn't seen it yet so I was pumped and it sounded sooooooo good. Love it as an opener. I felt the rest of the show had great energy. The band was in great form, seemed to be having a blast, and I thought the sound was very good. Imagine was a chilling moment for me, an absolutely unforgettable experience. Also, I've seen them every time they have played STL and this arguably was the best crowd I've experienced here yet! Other highlights for me...Lukin, Lightning Bolt, Thin Air, Chloe/Crown, My Fathers Son, Down. Baba kicked ass as closer too.

Alright that covers some of my day. Can't wait to do it again in Tulsa Wednesday!
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    narnia said:

Check out Ed and Mike @ 4:12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRLZthnoDls

Oh cool, that is my video!

What a great time the show was. I can't imagine Moline living up to this show. But maybe it will since I have GA for Moline. The crowds up high are kind of subdued. It looks like all you guys down low had more fun :)

Thank you Pearl Jam!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Anybody know the attendance for the show. The only seats left were uppers behind the stage.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • SD18336SD18336 NYC Posts: 4
    JimmyV said:

I was impressed by the lady at her hundredth show and who was sitting behind the stage. We hear so much complaining about seat location, yet here was someone who after 99 previous shows was still happy to just be in the building. Thought that was very cool.

@Jimmy V -- thanks for the nice post. Indeed, I'm content as long as I am in the show. I always try for great seats, but in the end, all that matters is being inside once the lights go down and you see their silhouettes take the stage.

I'm still in a daze from the other night and prob will be for a while.

Ps - I lived in Bos for 8.5 years and still consider it my adopted hometown.

Much love to all the Boston PJ fans.

Sarah Jane
  • DP4467DP4467 St. Louis Posts: 35
    I've been in the fanclub since 1996 or so and this is the second show ive been to where I didn't have 10club tickets. The show is definitely a lot different from the back of the house. The whole time I kept thinking how I wish I were in the pit with the rest of the 10 Clubbers. Needless to say the show has a different feeling in the back. With that said, it was a great show- probably one of my top 2. It was great seeing the "common fans" having so much fun. The place was rockin hard. The upper bowl was standing the entire time and the energy didn't let up through the whole show. I have to admit I was a little disappointed when we didn't get a "release" or "long road", "sometimes" etc after "pendulum", but the rest of the set made up for that quickly. "Lightning Bolt" is great live for those who haven't seen it. After the usual 3-4 song slow start, "go" sounded great and it was a great song to get the show really going. "Porch" and "Once" really did it for me, the both sounded really good and the energy from the band really came through. Sitting it the back made me realize how important it is for the band to play the radio hits- "Betterman", "Daughter" "Given to Fly" "Elderly Woman" and so on. I do like those songs, but the staples are what get the rest of the house really into the show. Also, being upstairs kinda makes you appreciate "Even Flow" again. Yeah I would trade a few of those in for some deep tracks, but I understand what sells tickets too.
    The highlight of the night for me was "Chloe/Crown" with "Imagine" close behind. Selfishly I hope they keep "Imagine" as somewhat of a jewel to see live. Before Eddie played "Imagine" he seemed genuinely concerned about not wanting to fuck it up. He even made a few comments about how he would stop if he fucked it up. Great show, a fraction under 3 hours in length and a lot of talking by Ed. I really hope his leg holds up throughout the rest of the dates, he looked like he was in some pain. Also, Ed seemed to be taking it easy on the wine- maybe he was on some painkillers and didn't want it to turn into a shitshow. Who knows, I loved it and my wife did too (her second Pj Show)--- I just hope that one dude doesn't tell Eddie to not come back to St. Louis Hahahahahahaha.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    I was center pit about 15 rows back and I have to say that the sound wasn't very good in my opinion. I don't blame theband of course. But it was hard to hear eds vocals and I'm not taking about when the crowd drowned him out. Reminded me off Charlotte as I thought that show sounded muddy as well. Solid setlist but not specia, except Imagine off course and Chloe. The crowd was really great though. Lot of credit to the Stl people. Energy of the band was excellent too.
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    edited October 2014
    SD18336 said:

JimmyV said:

@Jimmy V -- thanks for the nice post. Indeed, I'm content as long as I am in the show. I always try for great seats, but in the end, all that matters is being inside once the lights go down and you see their silhouettes take the stage.

Sarah Jane
    Sarah Jane,

You deserve an applause. Congrats on your 100th show and what I'm sure was a memorable moment at the show. I'm sure it's been quite a journey!

=D>
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• smobeesmobee Valparaiso Indiana Posts: 178
    Only show for me this tour but WOW! This was my 22nd show and St.Louis easily makes my top 3 along with Soldier Field and Alpine Valley '03. The band just seems to be having more fun than I can ever remember. Imagine, Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns was great. Low Light and Just Breathe is 2 songs my wife and I love so that was great hearing them. Ed screwed up the beginning of Down, seeing Kerry Wood in St.Louis of all places. Only wished they played Infallible but oh well. DAMN I'm bummed this was the only show I get to see this tour. For anyone getting ready to see them soon, you're in for a treat. PJ is better than ever.
  • SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / Québec Posts: 195
    SD18336 said:

JimmyV said:

Sarah Jane
    HI SARAH JANE!!!
    Your moment in the spotlight was a highlight for me! It was so sweet to see you genuinely moved by the recognition of the band. I almost had tears in my eyes for you and I don't even know you lol! Congrats and here's to many more =D>
    An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
    Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014