*** St Louis Fanviews Here 10/3/14 ***

123468

Comments

  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 9,669
    Great show, and as a song collector I did pretty well. Couldn't believe the crowd and it was definitely a cool experience being in ga inside the belly of the beast. It doesn't make a show, but seeing them up close is definitely pretty neat to see. Not sure where Mike gets his energy and loved scoping out his cool gear.

    The Cards rally was great to watch and the timing was great as it happened right after a few putz Dodger fans decided to start the trash talking.

    Did have the most obnoxious fan a couple back from me. I'm sure others heard him booing Ed speeches, mellower tunes and just being an overall douche, til a large fella told him "shut the fuck up".

    Did have to skip out towards the end of Alive to avoid the wife passing out in the pit, but had a great time and had mostly cool people around us.

    Highlights....Lowlight and Chloe/Crown....two songs I've had on the must hear list for years and sorta forgot about them, but was thrilled when they kicked in.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 45,960
    edited October 2014
    badbrains said:

    PJ_Soul said:

    davet7462 said:

    JB308262 said:

    Fuck St. Louis and their conservative fucking values. Never coming to this part of the country again. Living in West Seattle I take a lot of things for granted, not anymore. Scottrade Center users, you people suck, big time. Never been treated in such a hostile manner. Go fuck yourself and your minium wage fucking jobs. Power Trippers. What fun you must have ruining people's good time when they come to your city. The next time I talk with Ed I am going to tell him never to come back to this shit hole ever again. This place is fucked up! It's 2014, not 1950 assholes. Get a life St. Louis, I mean really, you need to!

    My wife and I were sitting right behind you and your wife. Couldn't believe the fuckin' gestapo-ish rent-a-cop pulled that shit on you. It was total bullshit. That ass even came back and raided under your seats. I'm sorry, man. Just wrong.
    Whatever. Moral of the story is don't get caught smoking weed (or other drugs or outside booze??) in a venue. No one to blame but themselves it sounds like. Now if they were actually doing nothing illegal he would have a good reason to be mad... although not at the entire city of St. Louis, lol. I don't get that sentiment at all!
    A little harsh no? It's fucken weed. The dude flew from Seattle and DIDNT deserve to get tossed for fucken weed. That security guard was 100% asshole wether weed is legal or not. Turn the other way. You'd be pissed to if you were thrown out for whatever reason. I knew someone who got thrown out of Brooklyn for NO REASON at all. Security thought he was smoking weed and the guy had no idea wtf they were talking about. And that guy flew all the way from Sweden. So u need to maybe not be so harsh to your fellow club members for letting off some steam. Getting kicked out of a fucken concert for weed is straight bullshit. From what I got, it was everywhere in St. Louis.
    Hey, I am pro weed and pro anyone getting away with smoking it. But when you DO get busted, there is no one to blame but yourself. It's the risk you take when you decide to smoke up at a concert (or anywhere else in public for that matter). This is from someone who has been arrested twice for possession, lol, and one of those times was at a music festival. I was just smoking weed at the wrong place and wrong time. Did inthink they were being a bit harsh as theu read me my rights? Yes. But absolitely no one to blame but myself! I should have been keeping a closer eye on where the cops at the venue were! So as someone who has been through it, I have no sympathy for someone who gets all angry and self-righteous when he was the one who is to blame, no matter how much of a hard ass the security guy was - he was still doing his job.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CM234968CM234968 St. LouisPosts: 152
    badbrains said:

    PJ_Soul said:

    davet7462 said:

    JB308262 said:

    Fuck St. Louis and their conservative fucking values. Never coming to this part of the country again. Living in West Seattle I take a lot of things for granted, not anymore. Scottrade Center users, you people suck, big time. Never been treated in such a hostile manner. Go fuck yourself and your minium wage fucking jobs. Power Trippers. What fun you must have ruining people's good time when they come to your city. The next time I talk with Ed I am going to tell him never to come back to this shit hole ever again. This place is fucked up! It's 2014, not 1950 assholes. Get a life St. Louis, I mean really, you need to!

    My wife and I were sitting right behind you and your wife. Couldn't believe the fuckin' gestapo-ish rent-a-cop pulled that shit on you. It was total bullshit. That ass even came back and raided under your seats. I'm sorry, man. Just wrong.
    Whatever. Moral of the story is don't get caught smoking weed (or other drugs or outside booze??) in a venue. No one to blame but themselves it sounds like. Now if they were actually doing nothing illegal he would have a good reason to be mad... although not at the entire city of St. Louis, lol. I don't get that sentiment at all!
    A little harsh no? It's fucken weed. The dude flew from Seattle and DIDNT deserve to get tossed for fucken weed. That security guard was 100% asshole wether weed is legal or not. Turn the other way. You'd be pissed to if you were thrown out for whatever reason. I knew someone who got thrown out of Brooklyn for NO REASON at all. Security thought he was smoking weed and the guy had no idea wtf they were talking about. And that guy flew all the way from Sweden. So u need to maybe not be so harsh to your fellow club members for letting off some steam. Getting kicked out of a fucken concert for weed is straight bullshit. From what I got, it was everywhere in St. Louis.

    This situation just crossed my mind again and it takes me back to the two shows at Key Arena back in 2009. Anyone there? Well, you couldn't even take A BEER inside the bowl for those shows. Yes, you heard that right. If you wanted a beer, it had to be consumed out on the concourse. You know what I didn't do? I didn't take beer inside the bowl because I didn't fly to Seattle to get kicked out of a PJ show. You know what else I didn't do? I didn't get on here and talk trash about Seattle and their ridiculous alcohol restrictions.

    Game, set, match.
    1998 - St. Louis; 2000 - St. Louis; 2003 - St. Louis, Champaign; 2004 - St. Louis (VFC); 2009 - Seattle 1 & 2; 2010 - Kansas City, St. Louis; 2013 - Wrigley; 2014 - St. Louis, Moline; 2016 - Wrigley
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 18,150
    How is it bs to get kicked out for having weed if it s illegal? It s illegal, plain and simple.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 11,002


    Game, set, match.


    Does this mean you've officially ended the discussion and no one else is permitted to opine? Because usually I'm looking for a..'nuf said' as the generally accepted way to declare yourself the winner.
  • CM234968CM234968 St. LouisPosts: 152
    Of course not, discussion is always encouraged. I challenge someone to find more logic in the Seattle restrictions than those in St. Louis however.

    I'll be sure to keep the 'nuf said' in mind for future use. Thanks for the tip.
    1998 - St. Louis; 2000 - St. Louis; 2003 - St. Louis, Champaign; 2004 - St. Louis (VFC); 2009 - Seattle 1 & 2; 2010 - Kansas City, St. Louis; 2013 - Wrigley; 2014 - St. Louis, Moline; 2016 - Wrigley
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,146
    Better Man/It's OK. At around 4:13, Ed and Mike are leaning and then they are on the ground LOL

  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    CM234968 said:

    Of course not, discussion is always encouraged. I challenge someone to find more logic in the Seattle restrictions than those in St. Louis however.

    I'll be sure to keep the 'nuf said' in mind for future use. Thanks for the tip.

    Does this mean the game went into OT? :))
  • CM234968CM234968 St. LouisPosts: 152
    The final point went to replay and was overturned. If you ask me, it was a BS call
    1998 - St. Louis; 2000 - St. Louis; 2003 - St. Louis, Champaign; 2004 - St. Louis (VFC); 2009 - Seattle 1 & 2; 2010 - Kansas City, St. Louis; 2013 - Wrigley; 2014 - St. Louis, Moline; 2016 - Wrigley
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    CM234968 said:

    The final point went to replay and was overturned. If you ask me, it was a BS call

    Always those fucken refs, they blow everything, kind of like those security guards ey.....HALTS MAUL, "nuff said" =))
  • mgb2mgb2 St. Louis, MOPosts: 3
    A few random thoughts, in no particular order:

    * In the opening post of the thread, it says "Brett Hall." It should be "Hull"

    * I'd agree that the sound was pretty muddy in the first part of the show. But then again, it's a sports arena, and the sound is always going to suck to a certain extent. It either cleared up part way through or my ears got fried enough.

    * A PJ crowd as a whole is quite impressive when it comes to sing-alongs. Why did there have to be terrible singers so close to the people who took the videos posted earlier? :(

    * Imagine and Chloe/Crown both gave me chills to hear.

    * The recognition that Ed gave to people like ItsJen's sister, to xbuster314's friend, and to Sarah for her 100th show was great. It goes above and beyond what's expected of a band.

    * The videography was almost like watching a fully edited concert video. Nicely done.

    * When Ed came out to the crowd, I couldn't help but contrast to the '90's crowd-surfing and rig-climbing days. Now he's standing on a barrier with someone holding on to his belt.

    * I'm wondering if any pros got shots of Ed late in the show when he shook the sweat from his head. The sweat in the air was like a dog shaking off after a bath, and had the potential to be a dramatic pic.

  • consuelo526consuelo526 ChicagoPosts: 8
    JimmyV said:

    When the recordings surface I think people will be blown away by how beautiful Imagine was. The Portugal performance is great but this I think was better.

    Agreed
  • consuelo526consuelo526 ChicagoPosts: 8
    nycrats said:

    Ed was wearing an actual "pearl jam" t shirt, cant remember last time i saw a lead singer wear his actual band's shirt.

    I was totally thinking the same thing
  • I am looking for that shirt!!! If anyone knows where I find it PLEASE let me know. I would love u forever...
    We named our dog Mookie!
  • SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / QuébecPosts: 195
    edited October 2014
    There's another thread about this under Given To Fly... I copied the link for you:
    http://clementemuseum.bigcartel.com/

    *Credit to kasedoug
    Post edited by SarahMcNadia on
    An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
    Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014
  • Thanks but I'm looking for the baseball tshirt from wrigley that Eddie wore
    We named our dog Mookie!
  • How many of you actually went to the show? This isn't fucking AET or A Moving Train. Take the discourse out of here and let the people who went to the show in St.Louis geek out a bit eh? C'mon!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ldent42ldent42 NYCPosts: 7,843
    edited October 2014
    That kid Aaron was behind me in the merch line. I didn't speak to him, I just remember seeing him and a)feeling bad that someone so young had to wait on a merch line like that and b)being jealous of his blanket. That's a great story about the song.

    I agree that the sound was awful for the first couple songs but it did miraculously get better, which was nice.

    I was in a good section, somehow seated next to NYers who were originally from the neighborhoods surrounding mine. No problems with anyone in my section at all. I didn't have the best seats but I was happy not to be on the floor behind the pit. The 10c section crowd is honestly just a lot better than the TM section crowd IMHO.

    Love CD/COT very very very special to hear live. I hadn't listened to the Portugal recording of Imagine (just never got around to it) so for Ed to decide to do it live was very cool. Footsteps, RVM, Pilate were all highlights for me.
    nycrats said:

    am i the only out of towner that actually enjoyed st louis and the people?

    I thoroughly enjoyed St Louis, a LOT more than I expected to. The people I interacted with were super awesome. The hotel shuttle driver tried to refuse to take a $2 tip from me because in the course of conversation I told him I wasn't currently working. Even the guys hustling at the tram stop were super polite and chatty.

    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

    How many of you actually went to the show? This isn't fucking AET or A Moving Train. Take the discourse out of here and let the people who went to the show in St.Louis geek out a bit eh? C'mon!

    Relax dude, wow
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 8,296
    Someone mentioned the video being projected on the screens...I said the same thing during the show, very nicely done. I hope they are somehow keeping that video....would be awesome to see someday. Of course they haven't released any in the past so I think we're screwed but damn I don't know why they wouldn't keep that stuff.
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

    1998: Noblesville
    2003: Noblesville
    2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville
    2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago
    2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1
    2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
  • JasonTeckJasonTeck St. Louis, MOPosts: 176
    edited October 2014

    Someone mentioned the video being projected on the screens...I said the same thing during the show, very nicely done. I hope they are somehow keeping that video....would be awesome to see someday. Of course they haven't released any in the past so I think we're screwed but damn I don't know why they wouldn't keep that stuff.

    Agreed! I had to keep forcing myself to watch the band on stage instead of the screens!!!
    1992 - Lollapalooza - St. Louis
    1994 - St. Louis
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza - Chicago
    2008 - Eddie Vedder Solo - Chicago
    2010 - St. Louis
    2011 - Eddie Vedder Solo - St. Louis
    2014 - St. Louis
    2016 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 12,423

    Someone mentioned the video being projected on the screens...I said the same thing during the show, very nicely done. I hope they are somehow keeping that video....would be awesome to see someday. Of course they haven't released any in the past so I think we're screwed but damn I don't know why they wouldn't keep that stuff.

    The black and white live feed looked especially good. Looked like something that had been put together and edited in a production studio.

    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dogtowndogtown Posts: 114
    edited October 2014
    mrussel1 said:



    Game, set, match.


    Does this mean you've officially ended the discussion and no one else is permitted to opine? Because usually I'm looking for a..'nuf said' as the generally accepted way to declare yourself the winner.

    Pretty sure you have to rest your case to avoid further discussion.
  • SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / QuébecPosts: 195
    tfreaney said:

    Thanks but I'm looking for the baseball tshirt from wrigley that Eddie wore

    Whoops.. Sorry!
    An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
    Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014
  • CM234968CM234968 St. LouisPosts: 152
    dogtown said:

    mrussel1 said:



    Game, set, match.


    Does this mean you've officially ended the discussion and no one else is permitted to opine? Because usually I'm looking for a..'nuf said' as the generally accepted way to declare yourself the winner.

    Pretty sure you have to rest your case to avoid further discussion.
    Would someone please kindly escort the attorney out of here. :-h
    1998 - St. Louis; 2000 - St. Louis; 2003 - St. Louis, Champaign; 2004 - St. Louis (VFC); 2009 - Seattle 1 & 2; 2010 - Kansas City, St. Louis; 2013 - Wrigley; 2014 - St. Louis, Moline; 2016 - Wrigley
  • tfreaney said:

    Thanks but I'm looking for the baseball tshirt from wrigley that Eddie wore

    Whoops.. Sorry!
    I decided to order the 21 shirt anyway, so thank you for the website!
    We named our dog Mookie!
  • NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KSPosts: 566
    For years now I had been begging to see "Pilate", and finally got my wish! Drove over 6 hours and it was well worth it....great set list and energy...Ed was in a fun mood....and, again, PILATE! Crown of Thorns and Low Light were a few other pleasant surprises.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16

    EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 21,019
    nycrats said:

    am i the only out of towner that actually enjoyed st louis and the people?

    Came all the way down from Ontario Canada and thought St. Louis was great and the people great to. Now we didn't venture to far from downtown, but overall experience of the city was cool. You have some pretty cool looking buildings downtown
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
  • 2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2

    Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 8,296
    is it me or is Chloe/Crown missing?

    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

    1998: Noblesville
    2003: Noblesville
    2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville
    2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago
    2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1
    2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
Sign In or Register to comment.