Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

So there's going to :bz some interesting news soon... :-?

You are correct! Here's the update!

http://cluthelee.com/april-2014-update/

APRIL 2014 UPDATE
    Hey everyone. Hope this message finds you all well. Chris & I have been very busy lately and we’re excited to announce some exciting things that are coming up very soon with Cluthe/Lee. We’ll keep you all posted on what we have coming up as things come together.

New Cluthe/Lee album in the works!
    We’re very excited to announce that we’ve started preparing our 4th (still untitled at this point) album! We’re still in the early stages, but we do have the songs picked out for the album. We’ll be working on finishing various aspects (recording/mixing/edits) of these songs over the next couple of months. Once that part is done, we’ll be sending it off to be mastered. We aren’t going to reveal the tracklist quite yet, but I can tell you that there are several new songs on this album that have not been released & that you won’t be able to hear until the album is out. We’re also very excited to announce that Matt’s sister, Maura, will be once again lending her talents by designing the album artwork. She has created all of our album art to this point & you can see more of her artwork at www.frag-ment-ed.com. As the album process moves along, we’ll keep you updated on how the pre-sale will work and how the album is coming along. We have some really fun ideas for the pre-sale. Lastly, we’re really excited for everyone to hear it & it sounds very different from anything we’ve done up to this point.

Matt Cluthe solo album:
    As a lot of you know, Matt is constantly writing. He started developing an idea for a solo album when he wrote a couple of songs that didn’t quite fit the Cluthe/Lee mold. After lots of encouragement from everyone, including Chris, he started piecing together his first solo album. It has come together rather quickly, but it still has a ways to go. Just like with Cluthe/Lee, we will keep you all updated as the album unfolds & there are firmer plans in place. Most of the songs are brand new, but there are a couple of older songs that have resurfaced & are in consideration for the album.

You asked, Matt answered:
    A couple of weeks ago, we asked all of you if you had any questions for Matt about Cluthe/Lee, our process or anything else you were curious about. The response was great! Matt will be posting a video with his responses on our site, www.cluthelee.com & on our Facebook page. Thanks a ton for your questions & we’ll do another Q&A session with Chris very soon! Look for this video to be posted in the next week or so. It's on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRwUZQ7D-F4

Writing, writing & more writing:
    Both Matt & Chris are continuing to write each & every day. In typical Cluthe/Lee style, these songs are all over the place in terms of style & tone. You can expect to hear some new tunes within the next several weeks.

Follow Us:
    We update our Twitter & Facebook feeds quite a bit. Follow/Like us to stay up to date!
    Follow us on Twitter here: @clutheleemusic or Matt: @mattcluthe
    Like us on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ClutheLee-Music/167379719963329

That’s it! As always, thanks for your constant love & support.
    Cheers,
    Matt & Chris

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mixing some tunes tonight!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Hi all - working on the album tracks and getting them prepared for the next stage. Things are sounding really great so far.
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited May 2014
    some new additions that I picked up this week. It's a safe bet that you'll hear them on the new album....

photo photo_zps0913047a.jpg

photo photo1_zps61d45696.jpg

The Uke is just a lot of fun. The Gretsch is a guitar that I've been drooling over for years & I've been saving here & there. So stoked to have them both!
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    about to start mixing some tracks for LP #4!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    was just booked to play a full solo acoustic set at a cool little club here in Portland. would love to see some of you guys there!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1425444451059147/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Show is this Friday! Hope to see some of you there!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Loving how the next album is shaping up!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    mfc2006 said:

Loving how the next album is shaping up!!!

:bz :!! :-w :-? >:/
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Can't wait for the new album!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan said:

Can't wait for the new album!

Can't wait to release it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Wait, what album? :-\"
    www.cluthelee.com

Smartass
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

Smartass
    Term sounds strangely familiar! :>
    www.cluthelee.com
    Update on our 4th Album!

Hi family and friends of Cluthe/Lee!

Matt and I are hard at work on polishing up songs for our fourth full length record. The process is slow and methodical as it has been in the past. Its a wonderful collection of songs that are quite different from anything we've released thus far and we're both excited to bring it to you all. As you know, Cluthe/Lee is a organically grown, community/self-funded group and thanks to all your support over the last 5 years we've been able to have CDs made of our last 3 records, that also included a mastering job on on last record Where It Began. When Matt and I first decided to work on a fourth record, we knew that we wanted to take a new angle on how to put it out. We'll get straight to the point here and I find that making a list helps! So, here we go! Here is what Matt and I want to accomplish with this new record.

1. Master this record - but take it up a notch working with a new engineer to really polish these songs. For those that have Where It Began, you'll notice how much better those songs sound compared to our first two when Matt and I were doing it all by ourselves.

2. Offer the record in a variety of formats both physical and digital. This means the possibility of vinyl, CDs, download cards and availability at a large number of online stores like iTunes and Google Play.

Ok, so what's the catch here? Both of those goals above will obviously cost money. Money that neither Matt or I have. That's where you guys and the greater public come in. Most of you are aware of crowd funding like Kickstarter and might have, like me, supported a few projects you were really into. Well, that's exactly what Matt and I feel will help us accomplish all our goals for this fourth album. Its an exciting and nerve wracking prospect to put the fate of this record into the hands of the people, but it feels right, the timing is right and feel Cluthe/Lee is a project worth backing!

As of this letter, we are kicking around a prize structure for backing the our fourth album and the ideas are exciting! We do not have a fundraising site set up quite yet - we want to make sure we have all our ducks in a row first, but both Matt and I felt you guys should be the first to know about what we're planning. You've been the source of support and enthusiasm that has been and is in many ways, the life force that keeps us going. We don't have any other information as of yet to share, but when we do, we will be in touch.

As it has been in the past, we are so very grateful for your unwavering support and love from the beginning. Its a new chapter in Cluthe/Lee and we are stoked at what's coming....

With Kind Regards,

Chris & Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Bump for the band
    www.cluthelee.com
    We're cooking up some details on a fundraising project for our next album. Will post back here with those when we have it all ready! Stay tuned, and thanks for the continued love and support!
    www.cluthelee.com
    Just like Chris said, stay tuned.....

Spin, spin!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Info VERY soon!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    While we piece all of the info together....a quick update!

-we are in the final recording & mixing stages. We're listening to all the songs & tightening them up a bit. Info on the new album VERY soon! (Within the next 2 wks, I'd say)

-I will be playing 2 solo acoustic shows very soon! I am also waiting to hear from booking managers in Seattle & from other Portland locations, so stay tuned! The shows that have been booked already will be at Insomnia Coffee (Baseline location) here in Portland. Dates/Times: 10/24 & 11/8 at 7:00pm!

-check us out on Facebook & Twitter (@clutheleemusic) for further updates. Also, stay tuned to our site....
    www.cluthelee.com

That's it! Thanks for your continued love & support!

Matt & Chris
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Chris & I will announcing something soon....

Until then,
    Spin, Spin!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I will be playing 2 solo acoustic shows very soon! I am also waiting to hear from booking managers in Seattle & from other Portland locations...more info on those shows soon.The shows that have been booked already will be at Insomnia Coffee (Baseline location) here in Portland. Dates/Times: 10/24 & 11/8 at 7:00pm! Hope to see some of you there!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Thanks for hanging with us friends. We're set to announce a long awaited update this week. I'll post back when its done.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Hi all! We've kicked off our fundraising campaign this morning. Please visit the link to read about it and how to contribute!

http://igg.me/p/fund-mastering-and-production-of-our-4th-album/x/8343775
    www.cluthelee.com

Hi all! We've kicked off our fundraising campaign this morning. Please visit the link to read about it and how to contribute!

http://igg.me/p/fund-mastering-and-production-of-our-4th-album/x/8343775

Woohoo!!

Spin, spin!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Off to a good start! We're so excited to share this album with everyone! If you have any questions, let us know!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Back to the top! Check out our campaign below guys - could use any and all help you can give.

http://igg.me/at/clutheleerecord/x/8343775
    www.cluthelee.com
    I am a very persistent person bump. See our Indiegogo campaign
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I am a very persistent person bump. See our Indiegogo campaign

How's this going so far?

We're 4% funded with 58 days left. Long, long ways to go. Help spread the word if you would!
    www.cluthelee.com