*** St Louis Fanviews Here 10/3/14 ***

Comments

• nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Great time last nigh. My first time being front row and it was really cool. Band seemed really pleased with the crowds love. Love these three hour shows, feel like they played a lot of up tempo tunes. Imagine was a definite highlight. Goosebumps. Not that i eat up everything eddie ever says, but certain covers just seem more poignant with ed singing it. Thin air was awesome, a nice one for the "serious collector" Pilate was Nice to get.

Was cool to hear them acknlowedge everyone that had something going on (was nice, but wonder if that will be a thing at every show?) and liked how he said all that and then "instead of a slow tear jerker, were gonna get back to work" and then once. Very cool

Eds little score songs were pretty funny. Cool they had the game on in there. Was hoping theyd drop the lights and come right out when stl went ahead with a rager while the place was already going bonkers.

Who was the guy on stage w kerry wood?

After ed spoke about girl #100 show, i swear i saw some one first few rows on the aisle by mike with a makeshift "392 shows" sign. Who was that if that was for real?

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Great pics, nycrats! I can't wait to get the boot from this show-what an awesome set list! And I love the fact that Eddie was wearing a PJ shirt! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • PJ_Soul said:

davet7462 said:

JB308262 said:

Fuck St. Louis and their conservative fucking values. Never coming to this part of the country again. Living in West Seattle I take a lot of things for granted, not anymore. Scottrade Center users, you people suck, big time. Never been treated in such a hostile manner. Go fuck yourself and your minium wage fucking jobs. Power Trippers. What fun you must have ruining people's good time when they come to your city. The next time I talk with Ed I am going to tell him never to come back to this shit hole ever again. This place is fucked up! It's 2014, not 1950 assholes. Get a life St. Louis, I mean really, you need to!

My wife and I were sitting right behind you and your wife. Couldn't believe the fuckin' gestapo-ish rent-a-cop pulled that shit on you. It was total bullshit. That ass even came back and raided under your seats. I'm sorry, man. Just wrong.
    Whatever. Moral of the story is don't get caught smoking weed (or other drugs or outside booze??) in a venue. No one to blame but themselves it sounds like. Now if they were actually doing nothing illegal he would have a good reason to be mad... although not at the entire city of St. Louis, lol. I don't get that sentiment at all!
    I get it.

He's letting off steam. I'm pretty sure he's not truly behind his statements with the full force of his conviction (I could be wrong though).

Of course it's nobody's fault but theirs, however it's a little flippant to frame it that way. He flew from Seattle and underwent great expense to see a PJ concert. I guarantee there were people 2 rows down and people 5-10 seats over that lit up as well. Did they boot everybody that lit up that night... or were they really selective? Because if I'm getting kicked out of a venue for smoking pot... and on my way out I pass by 20 other people smoking pot... I'd be pissed. I have a feeling this is the case.

The person and his wife who were sitting behind them expressed that the security guy (likened to a Gestapo officer) was an asshole. I'm assuming from this that security treated the guy with some serious disrespect. So... not only were they likely 'targeted' in some capacity... they were treated really poorly in the process.

Lastly... take it for what it was: a nice little rant that offered an opportunity to chuckle.

Better you than me, man! Better you than me.

:))
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    There was a ton of weed in section 319 and security was doing little to nothing about it.

The only problem we had with security all night was about how long it took to get in. That was a shit show.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    PJ_Soul said:

davet7462 said:

JB308262 said:

Fuck St. Louis and their conservative fucking values. Never coming to this part of the country again. Living in West Seattle I take a lot of things for granted, not anymore. Scottrade Center users, you people suck, big time. Never been treated in such a hostile manner. Go fuck yourself and your minium wage fucking jobs. Power Trippers. What fun you must have ruining people's good time when they come to your city. The next time I talk with Ed I am going to tell him never to come back to this shit hole ever again. This place is fucked up! It's 2014, not 1950 assholes. Get a life St. Louis, I mean really, you need to!

My wife and I were sitting right behind you and your wife. Couldn't believe the fuckin' gestapo-ish rent-a-cop pulled that shit on you. It was total bullshit. That ass even came back and raided under your seats. I'm sorry, man. Just wrong.
    Whatever. Moral of the story is don't get caught smoking weed (or other drugs or outside booze??) in a venue. No one to blame but themselves it sounds like. Now if they were actually doing nothing illegal he would have a good reason to be mad... although not at the entire city of St. Louis, lol. I don't get that sentiment at all!
    A little harsh no? It's fucken weed. The dude flew from Seattle and DIDNT deserve to get tossed for fucken weed. That security guard was 100% asshole wether weed is legal or not. Turn the other way. You'd be pissed to if you were thrown out for whatever reason. I knew someone who got thrown out of Brooklyn for NO REASON at all. Security thought he was smoking weed and the guy had no idea wtf they were talking about. And that guy flew all the way from Sweden. So u need to maybe not be so harsh to your fellow club members for letting off some steam. Getting kicked out of a fucken concert for weed is straight bullshit. From what I got, it was everywhere in St. Louis.
  • Anybody else in this thread wamt to get back to talking about Pearl Jam.

No
    Its much more fun reading about the guy who got tossed from the show.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Don't you mean to say: Can I get another 'Eddie's dreamy'?

The gushing about the band will start in no time I'm sure. Right now... people are kind of amused over the famous 'St. Louis sucks' debacle. It'll pass.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

Anybody else in this thread wamt to get back to talking about Pearl Jam.

No
    *popcorn eating smiley face*

Nice shirt.
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224

No

Fixed
  • I want some details.
    Did they give you a 1st warning??
    Or did they toss you instantly?
    Did the actual police get involved?
    Or just security?
    Good dope?
    Bad dope?
    Pipe?
    Papers?
    One hitter?
    Were you doing 3 foot bongs in the aisle?
    Once you got tossed did you go to Jack in the box for some tacos?

I need details!!!
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    If anyone is willing to sell a setlist from last night, I'll absolutely buy it. PM me please - someone "payed it forward" to me last night, and now it's my turn!

I want to give him a setlist.. Just need to get it first!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

I want some details.
    Did they give you a 1st warning??
    Or did they toss you instantly?
    Did the actual police get involved?
    Or just security?
    Good dope?
    Bad dope?
    Pipe?
    Papers?
    One hitter?
    Were you doing 3 foot bongs in the aisle?
    Once you got tossed did you go to Jack in the box for some tacos?

I need details!!!

HALTS MAUL!
    Hahahahahaha only fucken speedy! And hell ya jack in the crack tacos RULE! 2 for $.99, a stoners dream menu! =))
  • For Halloween him and his buddy are dressing up as Cheech and Chong.
  • Guys in his seat with a bucket of popcorn, 3 hot dogs, a large nachos extra cheese, and a 3 foot bong.

Then security had to come and ruin his night!

Fuckers!
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Looks like a decent set..nothing too special..i don't really care for the imagine cover..

"Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    JB308262 said:

"The next time I talk with Ed"..lol lol

You must be smoking some serious ditch weed bro..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Longueuil said:

No

Thank you!

=D>
    Nice shirt.
  • Longueuil said:

No

Thank you!

=D>
    Boy, i didn't know people around here were so jaded.
  • And i don't mean you're even necessarily jaded about Pearl Jam. You're jaded about one of the things that many find among the most valuable about the boards.
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974

nycrats said:

Ed was wearing an actual "pearl jam" t shirt, cant remember last time i saw a lead singer wear his actual band's shirt.

Maybe Ed was giving a big FU to everyone on the board saying you can't wear a PJ shirt to a PJ Concert

:D
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
    edited October 2014

I was wearing my no code shirt in Cincy and know I'm cool! so FUck anyone who has a problem with that. HALTS MAUL!
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Great show. I would not have guessed they could top Cincinnati but I believe they did.

My Father's Son and Swallowed Whole were awesome...they definitely have those down live now if they didn't before. Imagine was amazing...Footsteps....then Chloe/Crown. Unreal.

It just keeps getting better folks.

I was in section 113 and the sound was great from there.

Definitely some merch issues. I don't think they started selling outside until at least 2pm or so. A few people in front of us in line went to the booth to check it out and said that there were only a few people running the booth and that they didn't seem to have any urgency to what they were doing. We bailed out after they left. I'm basically just going to get stickers/pins on ebay from now on. FOr both Cincy and St Louis I was able to pay around $12 for a sticker the day after the show. Much better than waiting for hours in line. It doesn't seem like the merch tables inside are selling stickers/pins.

Next....Moline
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Oh yeah, forgot to say that My Fathers Son sounded a lot better than it did last year! My 4th time live, it always sounded a little off last fall.

Another random stream of consciousness thought: Ed prompted us to signal the peace sign during Corduroy (can't buy what I want because it's ...). I've noticed this in recent tours, not sure it I like it being so predictable but one thing's for sure, it definitely make Ed happy so if Ed's happy and the band's happy, I'm happy!
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    Great show last night. Crowd was really into it (I think the Cards taking the lead right before the show started helped get people pumped up).

Does anyone know who was on stage with Kerry Wood during Baba?
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    PJ-Cubs said:

Great show last night. Crowd was really into it (I think the Cards taking the lead right before the show started helped get people pumped up).

Mookie Wilson
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    wwsuicide said:

PJ-Cubs said:

Mookie Wilson
    Thanks.

I think I could I have guessed about 500 former MLB players before I would have guessed Mookie Wilson. I did not know that he was a fan of PJ. I guess EV loves his baseball history.
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    Correction man. Willie Wilson. My bad. Make that 1000 guesses! Lol
  • I think it was Flip Wilson