*** St Louis Fanviews Here 10/3/14 ***

Comments

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    nycrats said:

Ed was wearing an actual "pearl jam" t shirt, cant remember last time i saw a lead singer wear his actual band's shirt.

Somehow I love that!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    14 repeats from the night before. Not complaining but a little surprised there were that many.
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Ed was also making a lot of dick jokes too
    Re scottrade arena it reminded him of when he gets home from tour, his wife always says "its bigger than i remembered"

And re the la dodgers "they have enough championships, i love magic johnson and all but he cant even fit another ring on his fingers, unless he wants to start putting them somewhere else"
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Imagine, footsteps, Pilate, thin air, lowlight, extended WMA,?!!! Lucky bastards. Looks like 2 shows in and I already have to buy 1 of them
  • I loved every minute of of this show. Saw them in Cincinnati (where we met Jeff at a paint store...easily one of the most random things to happen) was amazing, we were exhausted from waiting in 2 hr merch line, 45 min ticket line for GA tix, 1 hour wait in GA line for doors, 3 hours on floor waiting for the band and then 3 hr 15 min show. Last night we were in section 101 row N and it was pretty perfect. I have only been a 10c member for 1 year (my boyfriend has seen more than 50 shows) I have become a much bigger fan over the last 3-4 years. It is beginning to really piss me off when I see people who clearly do not want be there (2 seats next to us were vacant for first hour - then they show up, get pissed because everyone has moved over into those seats and are miserable for rest of show) or people too drunk to stand up. Whatever...it's PJ people, and seeing them under any circumstances is fine with me!
    We named our dog Mookie!

14 repeats from the night before. Not complaining but a little surprised there were that many.

Was surprised as well by that. Not complaining but cincy and st louis are kinda close, gotta figure 1/3 of the crowd does both shows
    Also, its just a tambourine people. When kerry wood tossed one into the crowd one dude jumped for it on the tip and literally took out 4 or 5 people. Grown men knocking each other over for a piece of wood with bells on it.
  • JB308262JB308262 Posts: 22
    edited October 2014
    Post edited by JB308262 on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    That was a Bugs tease before Imagine while he was tuning his guitar, right?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Jb, care to elaborate or you just gonna spew generic insults at a whole city?
  • DSTRUB said:

Pilate, Imagine, daughter/WMA, Chloe/Crown, Footsteps, Thin Air, ONCE!....

Surrounded by a bunch of their up-beat rock songs.

Great show PJ

Those were major highlights. Such a special night.

At one point Ed said "now would be a good time for a request" and people were passing cards and signs up to him. He got a little license plate looking card that said Lukin and went right into it.

During Porch he was in the audience for at least 5 min.

Very memorable show for me!!
  • bwick21bwick21 Posts: 104
    it was an awesome show...great mix of old and new songs. 2nd best pj show I've seen; best was at the Fox in 1994. person i was with was at her first PJ show and we each caught a drumstick after they played Last Kiss. Gave mine to a little kid that was sitting behind us; it was his 10th birthday...made the night even better.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    JB308262 said:

Fuck St. Louis and their conservative fucking values. Never coming to this part of the country again. Living in West Seattle I take a lot of things for granted, not anymore. Scottrade Center users, you people suck, big time. Never been treated in such a hostile manner. Go fuck yourself and your minium wage fucking jobs. Power Trippers. What fun you must have ruining people's good time when they come to your city. The next time I talk with Ed I am going to tell him never to come back to this shit hole ever again. This place is fucked up! It's 2014, not 1950 assholes. Get a life St. Louis, I mean really, you need to!

Sorry you had a bad experience!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JB308262 said:

Fuck St. Louis and their conservative fucking values. Never coming to this part of the country again. Living in West Seattle I take a lot of things for granted, not anymore. Scottrade Center users, you people suck, big time. Never been treated in such a hostile manner. Go fuck yourself and your minium wage fucking jobs. Power Trippers. What fun you must have ruining people's good time when they come to your city. The next time I talk with Ed I am going to tell him never to come back to this shit hole ever again. This place is fucked up! It's 2014, not 1950 assholes. Get a life St. Louis, I mean really, you need to!

:))

Okay. I'm dying to know what the hell happened to you.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

:))

Okay. I'm dying to know what the hell happened to you.

Spill it.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    JimmyV said:

That was a Bugs tease before Imagine while he was tuning his guitar, right?

Sounded like it to me. Had the same thought.
    JB308262 said:

Sounds like you got treated with the respect you deserved.
  • JB308262 said:

My wife and I were sitting right behind you and your wife. Couldn't believe the fuckin' gestapo-ish rent-a-cop pulled that shit on you. It was total bullshit. That ass even came back and raided under your seats. I'm sorry, man. Just wrong.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JB308262 said:

sounds like they were bounced from the show for enjoying some green...real shame it happened but a shamefulish response. A seattleite should have some edibles on hand in the midwest, a learning experience i guess.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    rgambs said:

JB308262 said:

sounds like they were bounced from the show for enjoying some green...real shame it happened but a shamefulish response. A seattleite should have some edibles on hand in the midwest, a learning experience i guess.
    Agreed. I hope they're more understanding when I go to Detroit. Lol
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Somebody is pissed that there were consequences for breaking the rules? :-@
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • JB308262 said:

I get you are upset, but to say such awful things about an entire city because of a few underpaid workers is shameful. Remember, there are shit heads everywhere....
  • rgambs said:

JB308262 said:

A seattleite should have some edibles on hand in the midwest, a learning experience i guess.

Edibles are the way to go.
  • nycrats said:

Ed was wearing an actual "pearl jam" t shirt, cant remember last time i saw a lead singer wear his actual band's shirt.

It was the Wrigley shirt, I just happened to be wearing the same shirt ;). I assume he wore it for a few reasons, but mainly because it had a baseball on it and he knew he was in the greatest baseball town in the USA and the Cards just happened to be playing a huge game at the same time. Also I am sure he wanted to represent Wrigley and his beloved Cubs in St Louis...
    edited October 2014
    h33ockey said:

JB308262 said:

I get you are upset, but to say such awful things about an entire city because of a few underpaid workers is shameful. Remember, there are shit heads everywhere....
    Did the workers do anything wrong? Who cares what they are paid. If pot is illegal, and you use pot then I think we clearly know who was wrong in this situation. I wouldn't lose my job so some self-entitled person can get a little high at a concert. Sounds like the Northwest is all peace and love until you get in their way. I don't know what is worse, the sticker addicts or the potheads who can't enjoy a show without getting high.

Sorry, but to come into a state where marijuana or whatever drug is illegal, and then get mad and disparage security because you can't control your urges is ridiculous. Go back to 1950 and get some self-control and not bash people doing their jobs. It is extremely easy to NOT get harrassed by security.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • I've never heard of people getting tossed for smoking pot during a concert. I don't smoke it myself, but if someone next to me is getting high- I don't really have a problem with it. Let the guy vent.

For that matter... I have much more of a problem with the drunkard that screams his/her face off every song break as if Eddie and the gang can hear them and as if they actually care what some loudmouthed drunk is yelling. No to mention the fact that their obnoxiousness ruins the boots. Start tossing these people first. Seriously.
  • Not to mention that a witness to the scene felt it was the shits.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    nycrats said:

Ed was also making a lot of dick jokes too
    Re scottrade arena it reminded him of when he gets home from tour, his wife always says "its bigger than i remembered"

And re the la dodgers "they have enough championships, i love magic johnson and all but he cant even fit another ring on his fingers, unless he wants to start putting them somewhere else"

He talks about dicks and balls pretty often, lol. I think wee wees make him giggle, hahaha.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

h33ockey said:

JB308262 said:

Did the workers do anything wrong? Who cares what they are paid. If pot is illegal, and you use pot then I think we clearly know who was wrong in this situation. I wouldn't lose my job so some self-entitled person can get a little high at a concert. Sounds like the Northwest is all peace and love until you get in their way. I don't know what is worse, the sticker addicts or the potheads who can't enjoy a show without getting high.

Sorry, but to come into a state where marijuana or whatever drug is illegal, and then get mad and disparage security because you can't control your urges is ridiculous. Go back to 1950 and get some self-control and not bash people doing their jobs. It is extremely easy to NOT get harrassed by security.
    =D>
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2014
    davet7462 said:

JB308262 said:

My wife and I were sitting right behind you and your wife. Couldn't believe the fuckin' gestapo-ish rent-a-cop pulled that shit on you. It was total bullshit. That ass even came back and raided under your seats. I'm sorry, man. Just wrong.
    Whatever. Moral of the story is don't get caught smoking weed (or other drugs or outside booze??) in a venue. No one to blame but themselves it sounds like. Now if they were actually doing nothing illegal he would have a good reason to be mad... although not at the entire city of St. Louis, lol. I don't get that sentiment at all!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on