*** Milton Keynes Fanviews Here 7/11/14 ***

Comments

• DamianKDamianK Posts: 192

Another good gig.
    Unlike a lot around me, I thought the organisation into the venue for 10C was good. A gig that big with early entrance needs careful handling. If we had all been let in at once the sheer walk to the front could have got crazy so I want to thank everyone involved in organising the school trip walk to the front which made things safe and fair for all of us. Great stuff....
    Got on the rail along the middle walkway so was out of the really rough crowd and had a great view of Ed & Stone all night, and a great view of Ed when he came down the middle in Porch.
    Got a Mike White / Peace sign pick to go with helicopter pick from Leeds ... Lucky boy!

I echo what has already been said - a closed off circle for 10c ticket holders and then any early enough to get in NEEDS to be considered and implemented for future shows like this. The crowd was rough and there were many drunk late comers just smashing the shit out of everyone who had been waiting since early / mid morning to get in.

Many carried out from our side - some needing stretchers. Had an unpleasant vibe for quite a while really.

Having said all that, as usual met some fantastic fellow fans - and had a really good day waiting.

OFF were brilliant. BRMC really really good. (Not brilliant.... for Ed's anicdote...!)..

PJ set was excellent - beautiful opening with the first 4, followed by a full on rock out where the guys were clearly having a great time - if not a little worried by the crowd down front.
    From where I was, the sound was absolutely spot on for an outdoor gig, and I thought Eddie sounded particularly awesome last night. I think this tour has been his best singing since 06. Just fantastic.

Mike also really brought it with outsatnding playing and I have to say Stone was bang into it all again too. Throwing picks into the crowd - and I also thought he was close to tears in Crown of Thorns -- saw Ed give hime a little leg pat towards the end..

Yellow Moon on a beautiful night was stunning, and a superb contrast when they payed Blood - just full on magnificence!

Ed's angry / passionate call for an end to war... His coming down the middle. Mike on the rail as ever in Alive (?)...

Security did their best to keep everyone safe but I would thinkl they'll be some extra sore bodies today at least...

A fantastic night, superb set, brilliantly played on a beautiful English Summer Night.

Strange to think that when I was 15 in 1985 I saw U2 at this venue play Rain (it rained all day - a lot -- mudslides down the banks) who were supported by REM & The Ramones...

A much better view / stage / sound than back in thoise days....!

Thanks PJ -- Incredible Tour -- All 5 nights I saw were spectacular - Best Band on the Planet.

Were you with your wife? I think I was in front of you with my mate. I scored a pick too ! Massive result. Think you may have been in Berlin too neR us in the queue! If that was you, great to meet you!
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,355
    I'm nackered but it was well worth the trip to the MK Bowl.

Weather was lovely, venue was beautiful and you couldn't really get a bad view anywhere IMO. We started out on Mike's side but a bit further out, about 30 people back. Great view and plenty of room to dance about.

First thing I noticed was that the sound quality was excellent. From the opening notes of Pendulum, I was amazed at how clear the sound was and how good Eddie sounded.

He was still chatty but seemed a bit more intense, evident in the fact that he stopped a few times to make sure people up front were safe and to take the piss out of the fat guy with big boots on who kept crowdsurfing. A "you fat bastard" chant broke out haha.

Setlist was a great mix of crowd favourites with some special stuff thrown in. Got some more songs I'd never heard before...

Wash
    Nothing As It Seems
    I'm The Answer
    Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns
    Rain

Plus, I got Yellow Moon and LTRP from Lightning Bolt, and they were both brilliant.

Can't commend on the rough pit because I wasn't in it, but kinda sucks if it was as bad as people are saying. Also, where we were it was hard to hear the crowd a lot of the time. I imagine up front it would've been pretty loud, and Ed certainly looked like he was enjoying the response.

Overall, a wonderful end to the tour and as it was a Christmas gift from my girlfriend I'm so grateful to her. She's a wonderful girl, and we had a wonderful week hitting up Leeds and MK.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    There's just something special about seeing PJ outdoors on a warm summers evening. Totally different experience to Leeds but a wonderful night. Sound was great for me, I was concerned at first because it wasn't good for BRMC, but certainly no issues for PJ.

Highlights for me were hearing many songs for the first time:

Crown of Thorns
    NAIS
    Brain of J
    Wash
    Footsteps

All of which I absolutely love, had Breath been kept on the set list my mind would have been blown again.

Great way to end the tour, the three shows I caught are the best I've ever seen. Those going to the fall tour are in for a blast :-)

In terms of the crowd, I have mixed feelings. From experience you know it's going to get rough in there. I started out 12-15 people back on Mike's side but after getting involved in the pit at Leeds I just wanted to hang back a bit and soak in the music yesterday. So when it all kicked off I just let people past.

This doesn't excuse the idiots who have no regard for those around them. But equally, there's people in the pit who expect not to be touched and want their own personal space which is never going to happen. People should be able to go to the gig, have a great time, but let others around them enjoy it too. If we all showed a bit of courtesy, everyone would have a good time.

Milan was a great example of how a large crowd can be. It did have a smaller area in front of the barrier so maybe that is the solution?
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • weebleweeble Bristol, England Posts: 133
    Amazing show! Chloe was awesome, can't believe I've heard it live now at last! The weather was great and that huge full moon overhead was stunning. Perfect evening!

Except there were too many drunk fools though that were getting really obnoxious. Disappointing.

But altogether perfect. :)
    This might pass, this might last, this may grow
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Believe You Me...

... I wish I was there for that moment...

I am so happy for everybody went to this show. So happy!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 141
    so glad I got the chance to see the best band in the world twice in a week.leeds is now the best gig ive been to but Milton Keynes more than held its own.for me footsteps was my favourite song at mk.
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    how many people were there roughly?

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • sborastonsboraston Posts: 22
    edited July 2014
    Not sure if this will work but here's a pic a took that shows the crowd quite well....and the sun going down.

imageimage" />
    Post edited by sboraston on
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    There were plenty of people there. It wasn't a sell out, but it was busy.

A friend of mine who attended described it as "tired and meandering".

I don't know what show he was watching! It was awesome.
  • Olivavu said:

Wow, if that is tired and meandering what does your friend consider a good show? Lol

• mamacilmamacil Posts: 44
    And they diiiiiiiid iiiiiiiitttt!!!!
    Wasn't at the show. Was in Milan and Trieste.
    In Trieste I was 2 rows in Mike's side, in front of Mike, but nehind the speakers, but he was so nice to come closer..... and even in front us downstairs at the end....
    I have brought there a little home made poster to ask the band playing "Nothing as it seems"... a particular song for me as we all have...
    Mike saw it ...and made me a little shoulder's and mouth's sign, meaning "oh sorry we didn't repeat this song, we won't play it tonight", or something like that!
    Later, he showed my poster to Jeff, and they laught a lot (As i see the thing Mike was laughing at Jeff "oh someone love your song for one time" or something like that...!).
    Then, as a stupid woman as I am :D , I shouted "i love you jeff" :) and I see they laught a lot . I exactly remember that it was at that moment : http://pearljam.com/photogallery/22369/june_22_-_trieste_it
    (not the first phot, but the 13th, or 3d beginning from the end)

And... went home... and from home... following day by day european's setlists... I was thinking (hoping?)... "maybe they will play Nothing As It Seems before leaving Europe".... So, my version is that they did... a little for me....!!!!!!!!!! :)
    I know that's not the case........ but it pleases me so much to think this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like a sweet and nice "au revoir", a little wink..... before waiting 2 or 3 long years without seeing them... Happy ... ;)
    London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014

Olivavu said:

Wow, if that is tired and meandering what does your friend consider a good show? Lol

A Soundgarden one!
  • Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 235
    Fantastic show. Due to traffic problems and arriving late at campsite we didnt get to Bowl until after 5 so missed Eds solo and OFF! the bonus was no one in queue for the 10c tickets. Sat on the grass at bottom of embankment for BRMC set which was really great. Havent listened to much of their stuff before but will be checking them out now.

Once PJ started our group decided we were going to hang back and enjoy the gig and having been on rail for Amsterdam 1 and seeing the comments here and Eds comments during the show I glad I wasnt up there. Hope everyone who was is ok and in one piece. We stood towards the bottom of the embankment just right of the first entrance slope and had great view of the crowd and the gig. Although I couldnt really see the stage I have to say the large screens and camera/filming was exceptional and I dont feel like I missed out on anything. The weather was a perfect English summer afternoon/evening couldnt have asked for better.

Highlights for me - Wash, Brain of J, Blood all firsts for me and they were great. And as for Nothing As it Seems I havent heard that since they opened with it on my very first PJ gig in Cardiff in 2000 so that was extra special for me. Some amazing covers loved Rain with George Jr once I worked out who he was oops! And second time for Chloe/Crown after Wrigley and it always makes me emotional - i had goosebumps for the whole song. I also got to hear LTRP and Yellow Moon for the first time too.

We had some great people around us and we all just appreciated the space and lack of tossers. Everyone around me seemed to enjoy the gig and it was a mix of people who were either at their first PJ gig or to others who sang like me to the lesser known ones. I liked the balance of the set list and well I dont think there are any negatives really except for the price of the beer but im used to that. This was my first time back to the Bowl since Metallica headlined Big Day Out and the sound is so so much better now.

I agree though with comments stated above I do think that more needs to be done at the front. I dont see why 10C cant have their own closed area.
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    For me this was a fantastic contrast to Leeds with all the hits and a fantastic set up at the venue. In terms of the crowd I think there were a few things. Because the barrier split the whole ground area down the middle I think this led to more pressure at the front as people pushed in. Im sure there is a reason for this set up but I think more of an arc barrier would have worked better.
    My understanding is that over 10'000 tc tickets were sold so you couldnt have a special area for the club when thats sold. I also hate the idea of a small non accessible area at the front of a gig that size. Personally I think the crowd should turnover at the front of outdoor gigs. That said I did notice people were just barging through in their backpacks with no regard for others. When i try and move through a crowd i usually put my hand on the persons back and say excuse me. Im short so watch where im going and only move into where I can see a space. When people barge me though ive kind of taken to bumping their drinks 'accidentally' or I also find that when taller people are really ignorant amd stand in front of me a really close flemmy hacking cough all over the back of the neck can assist them in moving along :)
    168dcfb.jpg
  • kazmokazmo Posts: 99
    Amazing gig. I had 10C tickets, and thought the organisation was good. Especially considering the arseholes I was queuing next to decided to 'close' their barrier so that no-one else could join 'their' queue. I challenged this, and they stuck to their story that security had closed it. With a red wheely bin. Yeah right. Unfortunately I was a lone voice, no-one else challenged them. Self important fuckers.

Anyhoo, I was front row Stone side and it was amazing. Everyone I was surrounded by was really considerate and friendly. Couple of fast songs had the dickhead barging their way to the front causing a bit of a crush momentarily, but they were soon pushed back. Eddie and I had a moment (I was surrounded by people, but it was definitely me he was pointing and singing too ;). ) Main highlight was Crown of Thorns. Been on my wish list for a while. So happy.

The only men that I saw dragged over were all pissed. That's what the problem was. One guy (who could barely stand the first time out) got pulled out 3 times! How the fuck he was walking astonished me, how he made it to the front 3 times baffled me. Less alcohol surely = less stumbling inconsiderate fuckers causing trouble for all those around them. If you want to get pissed, stay towards the back.
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Going back to Denmark today and have seen PJ twice, Faith No More, Soundgarden, Black Sabbath and Neil Young while here. It's been a great trip! Nice people, lovely weather and we've seen some nice places. Only bad thing throughout has been the chatting at concerts. Why is the UK audience talking so much at shows? It weren't an issue in Leeds but in MK, and the two times in Hyde Park it was hard to find a spot where you could focus on the show. Just think it's a shame and I don't understand why people pay much money just to chat with friends and why they don't just stay at the pub instead or move to the very back and have a chat there. It's also disrespectful to the band and to the fans who have travelled a long way, certainly not to hear peoples' conversations. This is also a common problem in DK but it appeared to be worse in the UK. Apart from that we had a great stay in England!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

Two guys were chatting near us at Leeds all through the show. I told them to shut up a few times and they eventually moved back.

I don't pay the money to listen to them bellow at each other. Dicks.
  • IdlewildIdlewild London, England Posts: 173
    edited July 2014
    CharlieP said:

Going back to Denmark today and have seen PJ twice, Faith No More, Soundgarden, Black Sabbath and Neil Young while here. It's been a great trip! Nice people, lovely weather and we've seen some nice places. Only bad thing throughout has been the chatting at concerts. Why is the UK audience talking so much at shows? It weren't an issue in Leeds but in MK, and the two times in Hyde Park it was hard to find a spot where you could focus on the show. Just think it's a shame and I don't understand why people pay much money just to chat with friends and why they don't just stay at the pub instead or move to the very back and have a chat there. It's also disrespectful to the band and to the fans who have travelled a long way, certainly not to hear peoples' conversations. This is also a common problem in DK but it appeared to be worse in the UK. Apart from that we had a great stay in England!

Pearl Jam were awesome at MK, different from Leeds but every bit as brilliant, the band were on fire, venue looked great especially in the sunset. The crowd was generally very good. A few drunk idiots in the crowd starting a fight with each other on Mike's side of the crowd, thankfully fight ended quickly and no one got hurt.

Crown Of Thorns and Nothing As It Seems were real highlights as well as Eddie's political speech at end of Daughter, that was truly epic.

I agree there was a lot of chatting during the quieter songs. That was probably due to a portion of the crowd not familiar with the lesser known songs so they start chatting.

Neil Young was very good last night. Loads of Pearl Jam fans there in Hyde Park. Rocking In The free World and Down By The River were epic. The National were excellent too.
    Post edited by Idlewild on
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    edited July 2014
    First of all, thank you gentlemen! :-bd It was literally an E-P-I-C show (35 songs / 2 hours and 45 minutes)! =D> I agree on the ugly t-shirts (none of them specifically designed for MK) and some nasty members of the crowd creating a mess without reason. :-q But these kinds of things happen at live concerts. We have to deal and make our peace with them. C' est la vie...

I was up front Jeff and Mike's side right behind the first row (I guess consisting completely of TC members - I bought a general sales ticket so no wristband for me). Highlights for me - in no particular order - were the following: 1) The sound was great during all sets, 2) beautiful poster designed by Brad Klausen, 3) I met two very kind girls from Surrey (non TC members), 4) the mystery bag was a cool *-:) , 5) OFF! were very good (good call Eddie and Jeff), 6) Eddie playing acoustic Porch and then introducing OFF!, 7) Mike introducing B.R.M.C., 8) B.R.M.C. were very good too (very professional and nice drummer by the way ;) ), 9) Mike playing Conscience Killer with B.R.M.C. (good choice Mike), 10) I made eye-contact several times especially with Mike - he might as well point at me a couple of times but I'm not so sure (I was that guy wearing a black STAR WARS t-shirt) - and Eddie - I think he pointed at me too, but if not I'm very certain he saw me when struggling amongst the mosh pit and made him the "It's killing me" gesture because he made the same one),

11) I survived the mosh pit and managed to stay up-close until the end, 12) took some nice shots and videos (it's part of the ritual :) ), 13) the security guys who gave us water were very fast and considerate, 14) a lady and a gentleman - not a couple and not at the same time, also I don't know them - whom I danced with just for a quick moment were beautiful people with big smile on their faces, 15) I couldn't stop smiling (maybe it was because of the pot in the air :))), 16) Keith Morris talking about commercialization and urging us to have a good time in the here and now, 17) Eddie Vedder's anti-war rant and little anecdote related to the recording of Black, 18) some very considerate and helpful guys passing water in all directions (I did the same too and I believe they were 10C members - saw some wristbands), 19) the beautiful and very romantic full moon - Yellow Moon moment, 20) I met The Rob,

21) while approaching MK it started raining for 15 minutes and immediately thought that they're going to open with Wash (what were the chances? :D ), 22) songs #5 - #13 were "Oh my God"! - crazy dancing, pushing, trying to get back on my feet and after Comatose I only remember the "Oh-oh-oh" part from DTE, 23) so many songs that I heard for the first time - it was just my 2nd show after all, 24) Brain Of J, Save You, Hail Hail, 24) I immediately fell in love with Mike's solo in Corduroy (my all-time favourite song - It's PEACE man!), 25) Mike and Matt's solo during Even Flow as if it was 2006 again, 26) an Italian girl with beautiful blue eyes (we were so close but never had a chance to speak with her), 27) Let The Records Play was fun, 28) STBC with Mike running amok around the stage and doing the circle thing with Jeff - only this time they did it flying off the circle like ballet dancers), 29) Mike throwing a bunch of his guitar picks at the front row - if I recall after the end of RVM, 30) Eddie and Mike walking along the first row,

31) Eddie pointing at the full moon, 32) Eddie throwing out a tambourine, 33) Eddie standing high on a speaker during Porch, 32) the electric version of Porch, 33) I'm The Answer - I was the only one from the people surrounding me who knew the lyrics), 34) Bad Radio's Believe You Me as an intro to Better Man, 35) Lukin and Ray Cameron being so comfortable and really into it on stage.

You can draw your own conclusions if I had fun or not... :)>-
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Still haven't found a video or bootleg of Brain of J from this show !??? My favourite part probably!
  • cav35cav35 Posts: 1
    Epic show loved it!! 3 1/2 hours 36 songs one of the best yet.
    Cant waut for next time
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    Great outdoor show. Had my doubts about the venue and after Hyde Park in 2010 was never going to be down the front at such a big PJ show.

Met some great people on the 2nd barrier Stone's side - Jo and her hubby from 'pool who gave me a Charlotte 2013 sticker from one of their "mix bags" which for £30 was amazing value as they were pulling shirts, jackets, and stickers and badges out of those bags for ages.

Chloe and her boyfriend who were at their first PJ show. I told her she could be very lucky later if they play that combination ......... On hearing the first line she swooned. At the end of the show she could not tell me how good it was because she was "overwhelmed".

Great setlist and of course Chloe/Crown for the first time in 29 shows.

Now the bad bit - Showsec guys were handing out water from a large plastic dustbin. But after they pulled a lady and hubby over the barrier they proceded to wash/rinse their hands in the bin to remove blood from their hands. Afterwards they were still handing out cups of water from this dustbin. Come on ............ Thankfully we had our own water.

'06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    DamianK said:

Another good gig.
    Unlike a lot around me, I thought the organisation into the venue for 10C was good. A gig that big with early entrance needs careful handling. If we had all been let in at once the sheer walk to the front could have got crazy so I want to thank everyone involved in organising the school trip walk to the front which made things safe and fair for all of us. Great stuff....
    Got on the rail along the middle walkway so was out of the really rough crowd and had a great view of Ed & Stone all night, and a great view of Ed when he came down the middle in Porch.
    Got a Mike White / Peace sign pick to go with helicopter pick from Leeds ... Lucky boy!

I echo what has already been said - a closed off circle for 10c ticket holders and then any early enough to get in NEEDS to be considered and implemented for future shows like this. The crowd was rough and there were many drunk late comers just smashing the shit out of everyone who had been waiting since early / mid morning to get in.

Many carried out from our side - some needing stretchers. Had an unpleasant vibe for quite a while really.

Having said all that, as usual met some fantastic fellow fans - and had a really good day waiting.

OFF were brilliant. BRMC really really good. (Not brilliant.... for Ed's anicdote...!)..

PJ set was excellent - beautiful opening with the first 4, followed by a full on rock out where the guys were clearly having a great time - if not a little worried by the crowd down front.
    From where I was, the sound was absolutely spot on for an outdoor gig, and I thought Eddie sounded particularly awesome last night. I think this tour has been his best singing since 06. Just fantastic.

Mike also really brought it with outsatnding playing and I have to say Stone was bang into it all again too. Throwing picks into the crowd - and I also thought he was close to tears in Crown of Thorns -- saw Ed give hime a little leg pat towards the end..

Yellow Moon on a beautiful night was stunning, and a superb contrast when they payed Blood - just full on magnificence!

Ed's angry / passionate call for an end to war... His coming down the middle. Mike on the rail as ever in Alive (?)...

Security did their best to keep everyone safe but I would thinkl they'll be some extra sore bodies today at least...

A fantastic night, superb set, brilliantly played on a beautiful English Summer Night.

Strange to think that when I was 15 in 1985 I saw U2 at this venue play Rain (it rained all day - a lot -- mudslides down the banks) who were supported by REM & The Ramones...

A much better view / stage / sound than back in thoise days....!

Thanks PJ -- Incredible Tour -- All 5 nights I saw were spectacular - Best Band on the Planet.

Were you with your wife? I think I was in front of you with my mate. I scored a pick too ! Massive result. Think you may have been in Berlin too neR us in the queue! If that was you, great to meet you!

Yep that was me and my wife -- I remember Berlin too ! Did you have the orange Netherlands shirt or was that your mate? Really great to meet you guys too... Great view and sound wasn't it? That was a result for MK for sure! See you next time no doubt!
  • My fifth PJ show, and had an excellent time. I was just behind the second barrier, on Mike's side. Never heard such good sound at an outdoor gig before!
    Shame about the people that kept feeling like they had to shove from behind, and as for the car park...

Did anybody else get the mystery poster pack? I'm intrigued to see what people got. I ended up with Amsterdam 2 and Trieste from this year, and Seattle from 2013.
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 202

My fifth PJ show, and had an excellent time. I was just behind the second barrier, on Mike's side. Never heard such good sound at an outdoor gig before!
    Shame about the people that kept feeling like they had to shove from behind, and as for the car park...

Did anybody else get the mystery poster pack? I'm intrigued to see what people got. I ended up with Amsterdam 2 and Trieste from this year, and Seattle from 2013.

I bought a blind poster pack from leeds, got Stockholm, Oslo and Milan , all from this tour. Was hoping for Trieste.....
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    CB254133 said:

After 13 Pj gigs and long time TC member this is the first time (hence bone user name) that I have been inspired to post on the forum after reading the comments about the crowd at both this and at Leeds (I was lucky enough to be at both).

Was stood on Mike's side (about 2 back from the rail) at MK in a mix of people, some wearing TC wristbands and some not, good and bad in both camps!!

2 big blokes with wrist bands on the rail (in white and red T shirts) both proper Gents, I held the place on the rail for 1 of them when he went to get some food, both were looking after those around them, passing water back etc, top fellas!! (from the post above I think the white T shirt was nickburrows14, if it was did you get the pick from the edge of the stage at the end?)

Bloke behind me in grey T shirt without wristband, annoying those around him with constant shouting when Ed was speaking but the first to step in and attract security when 2 girls were struggling in the crowd during Alive, nice one!!

Italian bloke in front of me with a wristband who did his best to make my life a misery from Go onwards by shoving his elbows back and pushing back from the rail to try to create more room for himself. I get the looking after your girlfriend bit and sorry mate if I was pushing on your back but it was nothing personnel and I did have just a few people behind me pushing forward.

I think what I am trying to say is that from my experience being a TC member does not necessarily make you a considerate crowd member and not being a TC member doesn't make you a dick in the pit or vice versa!! They are big crowds for a top band playing great songs things are always going to get tight and as long as we are all considerate for each other it makes for a great experience.

Had an awesome time at both gigs and already looking forward to the next European Tour!!

CB254133 said:

After 13 Pj gigs and long time TC member this is the first time (hence bone user name) that I have been inspired to post on the forum after reading the comments about the crowd at both this and at Leeds (I was lucky enough to be at both).

Was stood on Mike's side (about 2 back from the rail) at MK in a mix of people, some wearing TC wristbands and some not, good and bad in both camps!!

2 big blokes with wrist bands on the rail (in white and red T shirts) both proper Gents, I held the place on the rail for 1 of them when he went to get some food, both were looking after those around them, passing water back etc, top fellas!! (from the post above I think the white T shirt was nickburrows14, if it was did you get the pick from the edge of the stage at the end?)

Bloke behind me in grey T shirt without wristband, annoying those around him with constant shouting when Ed was speaking but the first to step in and attract security when 2 girls were struggling in the crowd during Alive, nice one!!

Italian bloke in front of me with a wristband who did his best to make my life a misery from Go onwards by shoving his elbows back and pushing back from the rail to try to create more room for himself. I get the looking after your girlfriend bit and sorry mate if I was pushing on your back but it was nothing personnel and I did have just a few people behind me pushing forward.

I think what I am trying to say is that from my experience being a TC member does not necessarily make you a considerate crowd member and not being a TC member doesn't make you a dick in the pit or vice versa!! They are big crowds for a top band playing great songs things are always going to get tight and as long as we are all considerate for each other it makes for a great experience.

Had an awesome time at both gigs and already looking forward to the next European Tour!!

I had my arm/hand between them. On the rail trying to stop the crush. Robbo in white Matt fucking Cameron t, and the guy in red i think is Mike. awesome people. The arsehole in the grey t was yelling in my ear and thinking he was doing me a favour massaging my shoulders. TWAT. But i saw 3 fantastic shows this year. Never to be forgotten.
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    It's a bit sad the Euro Tour is now over. But what a tour it was!! They knocked our socks off! Here's to the next Euro Tour!
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • ChunnyChopsChunnyChops Lancashire UK Posts: 3
    Lots of naive people on here by the sounds of it. We were at a rock gig after all. It's simple really, decide what kind of gig you want and then put yourself in the most appropriate place. At Leeds I wanted to watch the gig so despite getting early entry got a spot I knew would be lively but not rough. At MK I fancied a bit of both so dipped in and out of the pit on Stone's side. Which, by the way, was fine, no trouble, people looking out for each other, as you'd expect. Two fantastic gigs.
    Manchester 2000, 2009, 2012
    Dublin 2006, 2010
    London 2007
    Copenhagen 2012
    Leeds & Milton Keynes 2014
  • DG83333DG83333 Posts: 4
    I won't go into a diatribe right here, right now, so, in brief:

We positioned ourselves on the slope for PJ set and then though, as the crowd was amiable enough on Stone's side, to venture further in (previously PJ gigs, this has not been possible, due to Gremmies being out of control) and got a few from the front. Not long before the first set ended my friend suggested we get out and back to the people we had met earlier (on Mike's side of the stage), so we motioned to be taken out...

After being lifted out, we were dealt a hell of a lot of physical abuse, paricularly myself. I am covered in bruises, cuts and grazes, was strangled at one point and sat on. If ANYONE has ANY footage of this, PLEASE inbox/post on here. We missed the last two-thirds of the gig that had started out so well. Some guy voiced voiced disapproval and filmed it on his phone. PLEASE, so no-one else should suffer such a thing again, we need to build a case. I can't go into great detail here in case it affects the possible case against these guys.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Dim.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    just bloody amazing imo