Options

**Montreal Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,365
    Wow.. this was my first show of the tour... and what a show. It totally rocked and the boys totally had it together. They were in tune with each other and playing well. Ed sounded fantastic.

Holy crap, the crowd was loud. You Canadians sure know how to get loud. :)

Very touching that it was dedicated to Johnny.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam's show in Montreal completely ROCKED!!! I have never seen the crowd that into a show before... I've seen groups like Velvet Revolver, Nickelback, Dave Matthews Band and this was the first show where the fans stood for thew show and sang (and loud at that) just about every song! Definitely in my top 2 concerts of all-time! Sounded great live and Eddie is an awesome singer and entertainer! I wish he would of played "Elderly Woman behind a Counter in a Small Town"... and Jeremy too but Harvest Moon, Crazy Mary, Baba O'Riley, and Betterman sounded GREAT!!! Can't wait until they come back around, definitely worth checking out again and again and again... Thank you PJ...
  • Options
    Montreal was unfuckingbelievable. The best ever. The Grumpys crowd was awesome. Met some great folks (I was in Sturgis t-shirt). My husbands first show and he loved it too. However I felt like i had been hit by a diesel the next day. The songs were an awesome selection, Ed was so raw, so hard, so into it all.

I am sorry though, but SlitHer Kitty sucked rotten eggs. I was in audible pain.

I am glad i got to see the pre-set of Dont be shy.
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    I find it impossible for anyone who walked out of this show to no be aware of the fact that Pearl Jam is the best band in the world. It was incredible. I would guve anything to be able to relive that night.
    The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
    And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
  • Options
    absolutely amazin' show! the crowd at the Bell Centre was unbelievable, and it def. influenced the band last night. what a night!

NICE FUCKIN SIG!!!! OMG, I FUCKED JUST SHIT MY PANTS LAUGHING!!!!

Seriously though......as I've already posted in the Montreal meetup thread.....it was SOOOOOOO amazing hanging out with you until 6AM after that incredible show!!!! I had an absolute blast. I hope your feeling better!!! I also hope you and Jeff enjoyed the rest of your time in Montreal.....you gotta shoot me a PM and tell me about it!

I might just have to make a trip to N.C. for another all night drinkfest!!! :)
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Options
    There are no words to describe this show. It rocked so hard. I was soooo pumped to see them after waiting for a year! I had floor seats, row V, NICE seats!! I totally rocked out the whole time. I wore my hair down and it was SOAKED from root to tip by the time I left. I almost shit myself when I heard Light Years! Then to have Do The Evolution, Lukin, Porch in A FUCKIN ROW!! Holy shit...my neck hurt so bad from dancing around. I almost fell over a few times I was rockin so hard. And then to see TROUBLE!! :eek: I swear I wet myself! :D

I've gotta get my brother to get this boot for me......it's a must have!

~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Options
    Montreal was unfuckingbelievable. The best ever. The Grumpys crowd was awesome. Met some great folks (I was in Sturgis t-shirt). My husbands first show and he loved it too. However I felt like i had been hit by a diesel the next day. The songs were an awesome selection, Ed was so raw, so hard, so into it all.

I am sorry though, but SlitHer Kitty sucked rotten eggs. I was in audible pain.

I am glad i got to see the pre-set of Dont be shy.

Just got back... a-fuckin-mazing show. The band ruled that arena. This was the best Crazy Mary I've ever heard. Man of the Hour... I just sat down for the song, closed my eyes, and drifted away (in a good way). Getting Baba and YL at the end of the show was simply amazing... I thought it was all done w/ Baba, especially with the house lights on (which, by the way, the crowd looked huge with the lights off, but when they came on, HOLY CRAP there were a lot of people there).

Wife and I walked into Grumpys and basically couldn't move, no less get to to the bar (and the smoke was bugging my wife) so we left... ended up at Cladaughs before the show (on accident) and they were blasting some Vs. for our listening pleasure. Anyone else go there?

I wish I had better seats, but the band made up for it. It seemed like they played forever (I've been to bunches of shows, but this one seemed like it would never stop). Thank you Pearl Jam for such a great show, and Montreal for being such a great city! (Though, the rain sucked yesterday!)

By the way, Sleater-Kinney was awful. Way too loud, way too ear piercing... I literally had to plug my ears for fear of rupturing an ear drum. After a while, had to go out to the concourse because I just couldn't stand the noise they were making...

Oh, and I thought this was supposed to be a 360 show? I had tickets in section 110, would have been right on top of the stage with a perfect view (the tickets were listed as behind the stage) but I sold them to another jammer and kept my section 119 'cause I thought the 110's would suck. Man, was I ever wrong about that...

Overall though, the shows kicked ass!
  • Options
    montreal was excellent....

i was lucky enough to get the setlist and i will scan them all for you tomorrow.
  • Options
    VinceVince Posts: 174
    lovebuzz wrote:
    J

By the way, Sleater-Kinney was awful. Way too loud, way too ear piercing... I literally had to plug my ears for fear of rupturing an ear drum. After a while, had to go out to the concourse because I just couldn't stand the noise they were making...

mother won't you bang heads with me! am i the only one that got it? sleater kinney rocked and thank god for feed back!
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
  • Options
    montreal was excellent....

i was lucky enough to get the setlist and i will scan them all for you tomorrow.

Setlist, setlist, setlist!!!
    "My brain's like an iPod without earphones—the music's just in there, going, all the time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    TheBlob wrote:
    Setlist, setlist, setlist!!!

He posted it on The Porch.

~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Options
    wow my buddy and i just got back from canada late last night. we went to montreal and ottawa. two incredible shows, easily worth every hour of driving. pearl jam never dissapoints. montreal was unreal, what a great crowd. i really enjoyed the city too, it was a solid time. can't wait for their us tour.
    2003: Hershey
    2004: Reading
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Philadelphia
    2006: Camden I, East Rutherford II
    2008: Camden I, Camden II
  • Options
    I got back from Montreal & Ottawa shows last night. What an amazing weekend!!!! My personal highllight was the Release opener. That is one song I have always wanted to see live. Montreal was my cousin's first PJ show and he definately got to see a classic!!
    I was at Grumpy's before the show but it was so damn crowded I really didn't get to meet many people from here. I did say whats up to MontrealSam and thank him for the nice hook up!
    Also, If Andrew & Jeff happen to be on here, I hope Andrew enjoyed his first show too. Maybe we'll run into you guys in NY Sometime :)

Can't wait for Philly now :D
    "i'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side"
  • Options
    Sad was awesome in Montreal. Ed fucked up the 1st line but who cares...it was an experience in itself. I'm listening to the boot over and over since friday morning....i was not sure about online boots but finally, they are great. You know when you wake up next morning after a show, you're still on a cloud. To have access to the show when you're still on that cloud helps it to last longer.
    "My brain's like an iPod without earphones—the music's just in there, going, all the time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Vince wrote:
    mother won't you bang heads with me! am i the only one that got it? sleater kinney rocked and thank god for feed back!

Seriously... with this album, SK was made for arenas. I thought their set was amazing... COVERING DANZIG WITH MIKE!!! They're the only band I've seen as many times as PJ
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    Matt Lukin wrote:
    I find it impossible for anyone who walked out of this show to no be aware of the fact that Pearl Jam is the best band in the world. It was incredible. I would guve anything to be able to relive that night.

i said the same exact thing to my friend/fellow PJ fanatic a million times during our 6.5 hour drive back to NYC. I just think that they are OBJECTIVELY the best band in the world. Its impossible NOT to love them.
    its just a fact. they really are the best.

yes, i sound crazy. i know i know.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Matt Lukin wrote:

ok this is the perfect statement :D:D:D:D

hellllllooo the hot guy in montreal on the metro... damnnnnnn.. :p WS im sorry I had to stare.. such a SIGHT TO BEHOLDDDDDDDDDDDDD!! :eek: ;)

hahahahahahahah seriously this show rocked and fucking kicked my ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

pearl jam have taken it to another level... i love this fucking band!! :D

ok SK is kicking some ass.. i wish i could scream like that.... :D KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK CHICAS.. :D

ok time to explore the wonderful city that is toronto... :p SARAH CHECK YOUR PM'S!!!
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    Amazing rockin show. Some highlights:

- Release was amazing, you could feel the energy of the crowd into the chorus, what a great start.

-Light Years was beautiful, i'm not a big fan of the song, but on this sad anniversary night, it fits right in and Eddie was so into it.

- I was happy to hear Sad and In My Tree, two songs that were on my wishlist :).

- First set was rockin, ending with a killer trio, Do The Evolution, Lukin and Porch. I was left with no voice and it was only the first encore, i'm getting older me think.

- Trouble followed by Man of the Hour caught me off guard after the encore, and it was just beautiful. Eddie is a great singer, and not only because of his voice, but the emotion he can put into it is just amazing.

- Only disapointment of the night, Last Kiss, don't jump on me :) i like the song but after Trouble and MOTH it was just out of place.

- Harvest Moon, beautiful, some booing when Eddie mention he was about to sing a song from a great canadian artist :D, then Eddie saying something i couldn't hear and then said "it's a Neil Young song" or something and the crowd went wild, can't wait to get the boot to finally listen to every Eddie quote from that night.

- Crazy Mary was the best version i've ever heard, Mike and Boom jamming together like mad and the crowd just couldn't keep the screaming, it erupted into a crowd going wild, Boom "destroying" his keyboard and Mike flying over the stage playing an incredible solo, great!!!

- Hearing those Boston area folks beside me chanting the Olé Olé was priceless ;), they were probably not hockey fans :)

- Down, Blood, Black made me think we were heading into a 3 hours night :), but the lights turned on and they kicked into an energic Baba with house lights open, then into a standard YL to cap it off like it should be.

All in all it was an amazing show, still not sure which one between Ottawa and Montreal was the best, i'd say Montreal because of the crowd and the band energy, but the setlist in Ottawa was killer, so i'll wait till after Quebec City to make my final pick on which show i did like the most.

Edit:
    -Almost forgot, what a classy act by Matt Cameron and the band, dedicating Porch to Denis "Piggy" D'amour, Voivoid guitarist who just passed away this summer, classy and it was appreciated by many, and Mike (was it Mike or Matt?) in the end just before leaving the stage saying in the mic: "To Piggy".

See you in Québec!!!!
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    -Almost forgot, what a classy act by Matt Cameron and the band, dedicating Porch to Denis "Piggy" D'amour, Voivoid guitarist who just passed away this summer, classy and it was appreciated by many, and Mike (was it Mike or Matt?) in the end just before leaving the stage saying in the mic: "To Piggy".

See you in Québec!!!!

I think it was Matt...
  • Options
    hey thankyouG, i remember the booing about harvest moon too.. it was something eddie said i think- i just can't think what though
  • Options

- Hearing those Boston area folks beside me chanting the Olé Olé was priceless , they were probably not hockey fans

Where were your seats?
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    what a show ,,what a town !!! everything was awesome .

great fanclub tickets 8th row ,,thanx 10c
  • Options
    Vince wrote:
    Where were your seats?

i was in the stands, 122 row AA, those were not Tenclub seats (long story)
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    i was in the stands, 122 row AA, those were not Tenclub seats (long story)

I was on the floor Mike's side row DD and we I started to chant and the two guys in front of me followed along. It was a good time. Perhaps all PJ fans think a like.
  • Options
    did anyone completely miss the show like i did? I checked the bell centre website a week before and i thought it said the show started at 9:30. I had to pick up tickets at the box office which we should have done right when we got into town. Anyways got there at 10 firguring would miss first opening band and just catch sleater kinney and PJ were already on and they won't let us in. I heard they started at 7:30 and was there 2 opening bands? just wondered thanks
  • Options
    Unbelievable show! I am still so happy. The best band in the world for so many reasons. They are rocking so hard that I was worried Eddie was going to be hospitalized at one point during Save you he slipped and fell into his monitors and hurt himself pretty bad, he rocks out so hard, I think he is the biggest pearl jam fan in the building. He still didn't miss a word of the song, there is no one better!!

The crowd was massive at the bell center, the building is huge and there was only a few rows in the third tier empty. It was very loud and the setlist was unreal. Release was special, Eddie was definately into it as he said "oh dear John" in memory of Johnny. Light Years ending was absolutely perfect. Sad is one of the best live songs you will ever see. Trouble with eddie sitting down really showed off his vocals, I felt chills while he performed it, unbelievable. Betterman was ended perfectly, Eddie broke a couple of strings during the jam but switched out his guitar in enough time to break into "i wanna be your boyfriend". Eddie ranting after Love Boat Captain was the funniest thing I have ever witnessed him say. Saying that before Boom influenced the song it was going to be about Bush and was going to be entitled "Greed Boat Asshole" haha. I still can't believe Trouble, what a treat for the ears!!!

Man of the Hour was unbelievable. Crazy Mary featured some dueling organ and lead guitar between Boom and Mike that dropped my jaw. Alive seemed to never end with the entire stadium pumping fists and yelling hey, hey, hey.....they left after Alive and the place was going insane. Then they take the stage once more and eddie says some thankyou's to the crowds in canada and the crew and then saying "you could count the times on my (little pause while searching for what to say)........DICK that I have done this..." and went on the thank the promoter for the canada shows.....haha

They killed Whipping with Matt at his peak.

Once the house lights are on, the opening notes to Baba O'Riley is played. A song that unless you hear live you really cannot appreciate how good it is. It was taken to a new level after tonight for me. The perfect ending to a show with Yellow Ledbetter with everyone staying until every band member was in the dressing room. Incredible crowd. Great experience. One that will never be forgotten.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    the best band in the world... thanks to grumpys and the hottest bartender in Montreal (senya)... i am going back next summer, no doubt
  • Options
    This show was one of the most emotional felt shows Ive ever seen. Release/Light Years/Indifference/Man of the Hour and Black from this show - holy shit. Quite an awesome show :)

Nice meeting everyone before the show too!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i want to see you dance a gain...
  • Options
    This was my 6th Pearl Jam show and I have to admit that this was one of the best ones I've seen. I don't think it was the setlist, because any Pearl Jam show for me is just wonderful. I think the energy in the crowd had a lot to do with it and also the chemistry on stage that they had. I felt like they were happy to be playing there for us, Eddie even learned a little French for us...that was cool...It just seemed much more intimate even though it was a huge crowd. Maybe it's cuz it was in my hometown too, but all in all, everything was just great, it wasn't like they just wanted to play and leave, they were there enjoying it just as much as we were. Thank you Pearl Jam for coming to Canada!!!!
    Montreal '98, '00 & '05
    Toronto '98
    Albany '00
    Las Vegas '03
    Tampa '08