Options

**Montreal Fanviews Here**

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,945
edited July 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
Ed solo: Don't Be Shy (by Cat Stevens)

Set list: Release, Corduroy, Last Exit, Save You, Animal, I Believe in Miracles, Light Years, Grievance, Sad, Given To Fly, Love Boat Captain, Better Man/(I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend by the Ramones), Even Flow, In My Tree, Do The Evolution, Lukin, Porch

1st encore: Trouble (by Cat Stevens), Man of the Hour, Last Kiss, Harvest Moon (by Neil Young), Crazy Mary, Alive

2nd encore: Whipping, Down, Blood, Black, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    looksl ike an awsome set
    - "I mean Good Charlotte are good. They just sound like someone shoved a popsical up someones ass!" Ed.

"I am ahead, I am advanced, I am the first man to borrow Stones leather pants."

Stone Gossard: Is the height of fashion. More poeple should take note, and learn from a master
  • Options
    Incredible night, incredible crowd, very nice setlist, the acoustic set was perfect, Ed was crazy as hell and I GOT A SETLIST WRITTEN BY EDDIE! Blood was particularly full of energy. Harvest moon was delightful. Fanclub members are cool! Very happy! See ya in Ottawa tomorrow!!!
    "It's like his thoughts are too big for his size"
    Montreal 1998
    Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2000
    Albany 2003
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Boston I 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Ottawa 2005
    Quebec city 2005
    Albany 2006
    MSG I 2008
  • Options
    really good show tonight the boys were on fire , i was impress by sleater-kinney rreaaly like their music . the crowd was loud , the solo with boom and mike on crazy mary was unbelievable. the only complaint is that i thought i would have had better seats with ten club tickets. IT was a great show cant wait for tommorow in ottawa and tuesday in quebec :)
  • Options
    edved18 wrote:
    really good show tonight the boys were on fire , i was impress by sleater-kinney rreaaly like their music . the crowd was loud , the solo with boom and mike on crazy mary was unbelievable. the only complaint is that i thought i would have had better seats with ten club tickets. IT was a great show cant wait for tommorow in ottawa and tuesday in quebec :)

I wish I was able to see this show.

~Smithson
  • Options
    The show was dedicated to Johnny.. one year goes by pretty fast. That fact put songs like Light Years in a whole new perspective. Good show all-around, glad I went. Thanks to the guy who sold me the shitty seat for $40, and thanks to security for not noticing me gradually working my way lower.
    -parker
  • Options
    But can anyone tell me what was played during Intermission

What Bands?
    What Music?
    Does anyone care? LOL
  • Options
    I know the Clash was playing after the show.. forget about intermission
  • Options
    What was the poster?
    Did they still have those limited edition hoodies?
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    Sounds like the Montreal crowd was loud and proud. My brother said it beat Hamilton.

Hey question...how do you get fave song listed under your profile name? Sign me, Message Pit Newbie.
    1992 Minneapolis (Lollapolooza)
    1993 Gimli (Sunfest)
    2000 Toronto
    2003 Toronto
    2005 Winnipeg
    2005 Hamilton
    2005 Toronto
  • Options
    Sounds like the Montreal crowd was loud and proud. My brother said it beat Hamilton.

Hey question...how do you get fave song listed under your profile name? Sign me, Message Pit Newbie.

it's kind of a graduating system......the more you post the higher the level ...and your name will change...i'm not sure of the order of the names or the amount of posts for each........i'm sure someone will fill you in more about it ..........wellcome to the board!!!.........by the way i was driving the 10C mobile the other night :-)......you were in the pt cruzzzer right?
    EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
    WHAAHYEAH!!
  • Options
    it's kind of a graduating system......the more you post the higher the level ...and your name will change...i'm not sure of the order of the names or the amount of posts for each........i'm sure someone will fill you in more about it ..........wellcome to the board!!!.........by the way i was driving the 10C mobile the other night :-)......you were in the pt cruzzzer right?

Yeah that was us in the PJ Cruiser (GreyRedGirl sitting behind you called us the Rats Troupe). We'll be in section 119 in T.O. with the "Rats" banner flying high. See you there! We'll watch for the 10C Mobile.

OK, I get the song system now. I assumed that was indicating fave song. Thanks for enlightening me.
    1992 Minneapolis (Lollapolooza)
    1993 Gimli (Sunfest)
    2000 Toronto
    2003 Toronto
    2005 Winnipeg
    2005 Hamilton
    2005 Toronto
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    Yeah that was us in the PJ Cruiser (GreyRedGirl sitting behind you called us the Rats Troupe). We'll be in section 119 in T.O. with the "Rats" banner flying high. See you there! We'll watch for the 10C Mobile.

quote]

this banner :)

http://pearljam.com/images/live/hamilton7.jpg
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    ill almost buy the bootleg just to hear Stone play electric guitar on Black instead of the acoustic he usually plays.
  • Options
    Someone tell me how Trouble sounded...
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    post the poster!!!

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    Could be the best set list so far. Might have to buy this one!
    For Rent
  • Options
    Lost_Clay wrote:

quote]

this banner :)

http://pearljam.com/images/live/hamilton7.jpg
    did you get slapped by the people sitting directly behind you???
  • Options
    That first disc is going to be amazing!
  • Options
    Best....Crazy Mary....EVER! Mike and Boom feeding off each other was just incredible. WOW!

BTW - They did have the limited edition hoodie there in black and green. My buddy picked up the last black one. They are numbered - his was like 598 of 875.
    "Shoe the Shoeless!"
  • Options
    Could be the best set list so far. Might have to buy this one!

agreed, the song order is just sick.
    and the ones they picked are perfect.

can't fucking believe i gave up my tix for this.
    it's like they wrote the setlist just to piss on my head.

daggum.
    this may be the first boot i throw down on.

fuckers played sad, down, blood, last exit, ...miracles, the wanna be your boyfriend tag, in my tree, porch, whipping, and fuckin' open with release ...

among everything else that rocked, that's just about the shit!
    everything i could ask for in a "no-new-songs" environment.
    goddamnit.
    i get my turn in halifax though!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    This was a great show no doubt but, my friend got the setlist and there were a couple of great songs that they didnt play. If they would have played these, if would have been the best concert this tour;

I got shit
    Jeremy
    Footsteps
    and yes they didnt play Bee Girl

Once I saw that they didnt play these, I was amazed. Tonight I am going to the Ottawa Concert and hopefully these song are still on there mind and they will play them.
    Grand Rapids 2006 Cleveland 2006 Detroit 2006 Pittsburg 2006 Cinncinati 2006 Kitchener 2005 London 2005 Hamilton 2005 Montreal 2005 Ottawa 2005
    Toronto 2005 Seattle 2005 Detroit 2x 2003 MSU 2000
  • Options
    This was a great show no doubt but, my friend got the setlist and there were a couple of great songs that they didnt play. If they would have played these, if would have been the best concert this tour;

I got shit
    Jeremy
    Footsteps
    and yes they didnt play Bee Girl

Once I saw that they didnt play these, I was amazed. Tonight I am going to the Ottawa Concert and hopefully these song are still on there mind and they will play them.

It's weird but anytime someone gets one of the handwritten setlists, it always seems to include awesome songs they DIDN'T play. What's up with that? Usually, they are rarer songs like I Got Shit and Footsteps, for example. Maybe they just get lazy and say, "oh hell, let's just play Evenflow again." :) I can't complain, though, because I heard great songs at both the Gorge and Vancouver!
  • Options
    VinceVince Posts: 174
    I must say that I am still recovering. What an awesome show. I met some fantastic and cool fans. To my right was a young lady from Florida ( I think she drove), in front was a couple from PA, to my left there was another couple from PA, and in back of me I believe they were from Oh Canada.

Before I go into more details let me say cheers to Montreal Sam for spreading the word about Grumpy's. That was a really good time. I wanted to go to this Irish Pub called Cladaughs after the show because they were having a PJ cover band but I was to damn exhausted so we went to a diner. Canadian Diners are not the same as a good American Diner. Perhaps I was to drunk but I was not impressed.

On with the show.

Eddie never disappoints. Don't Be Shy was a nice treat.

Sleater Kinney knows how to get the party started. Matt Cameron came out to play the tamborine on one song and they closed their set with Danzig's "Mother" and Mike came out to lend his talents. I almost lost it when I heard them say this is a Danzig song because I knew it had to be Mother.

PJ's set was incredible. Like I said up top the people around my wife and I were great. We were all dancing and having a good time. I only wish we more space to dance:)

I was able to get the Montreal and the North American Tour posters.
    The Montreal poster is awesome. It has a boy mowing the lawn with one of those old school blade mowers.

I was able to take some pictures but I was to far back to get close ups. I have a few pictures that turned out okay but nothing to go crazy about.

Cheers,
    Vince

ps
    Most of the people we met are going to the Ottawa show. Hope you have a good time. We are staying in Montreal until Sunday so we are going to try and see the White Stripes tomorrow.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Well, I'm back at work now and just dead. No voice left. What a show!! We were in section 112, row H and were surrounded by people from England, Toronto, Philly, Boston! I finally got to meet some board people at the little restaurant next to Grumpy's: stpmattb, ACCBootlegGoddess, XBoxJunkie, etc. Everyone was cool. They even shared some food with us while we waited for ours. Very cool. Met a nice couple from Baltimore, Matt and Amanda. Hey guys!

The show was just awesome. I could not believe that 2nd Encore. Whipping, Down, Blood, Black, Baba and YL. Holy Shit!

Harvest Moon was a treat. So was Trouble. Just Ed solo on that one. It was amazing. And you can't go wrong with Release as the opener.

Heading to Ottawa tonight. Hope to see everyone there!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    so how does this boot sound?!!? i may have to get this one!
  • Options
    So many highlights, i can't name just one so i'll just say it was an amazing concert, i'll get back later for more but now, gotta leave for Ottawa pretty soon, see you there...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    See ya's in Halifax!!!
  • Options
    Light Years and Trouble were a couple of the highlights for me... just awesome, can't wait to hear the boot.

To all those going to Ottawa tonight, don't forget to hit O'Connors Irish Pub beforehand for a beverage-of-your-choice and to support the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation. Visit http://www.pearljamlive.com for details!!

Matt
  • Options
    Someone tell me how Trouble sounded...
    Trouble was golden.. very soulful. I need to listen to more Cat Stevens
  • Options
    Blew me away!!!!! It was Unfuckin' believable!!! Can't wait for tonight in Ottawa!! Pearl Jam- you rock!!!!And RULE!!!!!!!! Love ya'
    Sam