Anyone Ever Experience Anything Paranormal?

Comments

• Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
    dignin said:

chadwick said:

"Since I have never had a paranormal experience, according to some here, I am "close minded" and "not aware of the full picture"." - dignin

just because you've never had a paranormal experience does not mean you are close minded or not aware of the full picture. your very own words & attitude on here about the subject lead some to believe you are close minded & not aware of the full picture. it is dismissed as, "imagination" as you say.

is anything even sinking in what you are going in circles about?

millions never see a ghost or have anything paranormal happen but they do not count the happenings as bullshit like you are doing, therefore, you are in the close minded section

I'm an open book. Show me some proof and I will 100% believe in ghosts. If you can show me any evidence I will entertain the idea that they exist.

If I showed you proof or evidence that they didn't exist would you do the same?

I think what there trying to tell you is, that because you are so close minded you will never see anything paranormal. You have to be open minded to the supernatural and try to except it, if you want it to except you.
    Ya feel?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Treyert14 said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

"Since I have never had a paranormal experience, according to some here, I am "close minded" and "not aware of the full picture"." - dignin

just because you've never had a paranormal experience does not mean you are close minded or not aware of the full picture. your very own words & attitude on here about the subject lead some to believe you are close minded & not aware of the full picture. it is dismissed as, "imagination" as you say.

is anything even sinking in what you are going in circles about?

millions never see a ghost or have anything paranormal happen but they do not count the happenings as bullshit like you are doing, therefore, you are in the close minded section

I'm an open book. Show me some proof and I will 100% believe in ghosts. If you can show me any evidence I will entertain the idea that they exist.

If I showed you proof or evidence that they didn't exist would you do the same?

I think what there trying to tell you is, that because you are so close minded you will never see anything paranormal. You have to be open minded to the supernatural and try to except it, if you want it to except you.
    Ya feel?
    No, I don't feel. Seems like we are back to circular logic.

The problem I have with this thread is the anti-science tone it seems to have taken. Very troubling and indicative of the direction our society is going. Science is fine when it works within my belief system, but not fine when it doesn't. Sorry guys, that's not how it works.
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    well guess what... this subject has avoided explaination for countless ages & i myself see no signs of science catching up to the mystical laws of the universe or even the ones sailing about this planet. science understands what, maybe a few percentage points of the oceans' vast expanse?

mankind destroys life, life it can & can not see. idiots truly. your little scientists with their science projects are going to have to do a great deal of work within themselves before any keys will ever be given out. it just isn't ever going to happen like you expect it too. you may as well go take a nap or something
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cross-check/2012/07/20/brilliant-scientists-are-open-minded-about-paranormal-stuff-so-why-not-you/

Not all scientists believe this is nonsense. Fear of ridicule ,much like what's going on here, is IMO holding back any substantial gain in this field.

that is a wonderful article. thank you

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    edited April 2014
    hedonist said:

I wouldn't necessarily call it paranormal, but this brought about some odd feelings and thoughts - not bad ones, just...odd. Unfamiliar.

So last Thursday was the three-year anniversary of my mother-in-law's death. My husband woke up sick, and also had an important (unrelated) decision to make that day. He and his mom were pretty tight, and like me - I guess like many of us - feels her, mentally talks to her, thinks of the advice she'd give him were she still alive.

(he made the right decision, by the way)

Later that day, at pretty close to the time my MIL died, my mom was in a bad accident. She's in her 80s (her still driving at her age is another discussion altogether), her car was totaled, she could've died. Aside from many cuts and bruises, she's OK.

She's alive.

She's also convinced my MIL's spirit protected her in that time.

Me, I find it touching and not impossible - they never even met - but...I just don't know.

Also, the next morning, one of my NY cousins phoned my mom after having a dream the previous night that she "wasn't doing well".

Hope your mom is okay after the accident - traumatic for anyone, but when in your 80s, very rough.
    And yes, odd... her thought that your MIL's spirit was there protecting her. And also odd, the cousin's dream... I just read the Scientific American article OMGKatwoman posted (agreed, liked that article!) and there's a reference to some believing "psi" occurs mainly under conditions of strong emotion and stress. Even though we don't understand why or how that could happen, to me it's natural to wonder about it.

wow really botched the block quotes didn't I
    Post edited by jmuscatello on
    yes... hope your mom is doing well, hedonist

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    http://youtu.be/bh20cV95R2Q
    a short video with freeman dyson
    i really liked 9:25 on....

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thank you both!

(I botch quotes all the time :D )
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited April 2014
    I prefer to say that everything can be explained by science, but humans will never be capable of discovering it... I know there is a semantic controversy in saying that because of the definition of science, but hopefully you know what I mean.

Side note: my god, that man is the typical British man who grew up during the war. He may as well be my father. My dad also says that England was absolutely filthy back in the day, just the way the guy in the vid said. Everything was covered in black filth. And my dad's takeaway from that Is also the same: because everything in England used to be black and now it's not, the whole world is better off environmentally now than 50, 60, 70 years ago. I cannot express how annoying this theory is to me. It is the theory that causes my dad and most British men around his age climate change deniers They think that since dirty old England Is cleaner now, the whole dam world is cleaner (because didn't up know? England is the Centre of the universe!). Such bullshit, lol. Me and my dad have had so many heated debates about this, we actually had to stop talking about it, lol. There Is also that shared attitude of "the world is getting better because world war 2 sucked" mentality. More old British man bullshit. But I digress.

Now, any moonlanding deniers here?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    PJ_Soul said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wptn5RE2I-k

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well that's just rude.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • EddieisNumber1EddieisNumber1 Brisbane, Australia Posts: 49

I've often viewed these types of stories as someone trying to warn of something more catastrophic (like a more severe auto accident) further up the road. So the teacher swerved to avoid hitting the girl and winds up with a more minor incident of hitting a gate instead and cows getting out of their pen, most likely blocking his path even more. I guess that's the way I would have viewed that.

chadwick said:

When i was 11 i was at my friend's house and he was talking to me and right behind him i saw a ghostly figure of a little girl that was in a white gown or something and she had her eyes closed and she was looking up. I didn't think of to say to my friend, look behind you a ghost because she was gone 2 seconds later. I never even told him ever because i pretty much just remembered it until now.

thank you.
    i have a question or two. "she had her eyes closed & she was looking up." can you try & explain this a bit? i think i understand how that would look but.... anyhow.... did you ever go over to your friend's again? i wonder if your friend & his family ever saw the little girl ghost or had any other types of activity they had heard or saw or whatever? maybe they had a dog or cat that acted out of order at times?
    Well, i don't know how else i can explain it, it was a long time ago. I basically forgot about it and i'm not friends with him anymore. I moved schools and after that i couldn't get much contact with him so yeah. I remember he had a dog, but i don't think it would ever bark at nothing.

I also remember an english class from a few years ago where my teacher told our class a story. When he was 18 and driving to a friends and he saw a woman standing in the middle of the road and he quickly moved out of the way and he crashed into a gate and he turned around and she was gone. Then all these cows started to come out of the gate.

you are probably right.
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well that's just rude.
    I'm confused. Which part?

edited April 2014
    because my knees are fried, i get up out of bed with pain & small little steps & after a bit i am warmed up & can move about freely w/out the walker, but ya always aches & pains & bullshit to deal with. at night before crawling into bed i place my walker at the foot of my bed off to the side of the bed i get out of.

this means i back the bastard into my bedroom & place it in my path at the foot of my bed over to the side where i can stand up out of bed & step right up to it & support myself & warm up my knees & go about my day.

this morning i open my eyes, sit up in bed, stand up, step up to that walker & go forward a step or two to the doorway & can't go any further as my left new balance shoe is sitting in the center of the doorway.

i haven't wore my tennie-runners since last summer (i wear boots most of the time) & they have been sitting nicely up against the livingroom wall beside the record player stand

i live alone & haven't had anyone in my place for a good month or so.

who put my new balance cross trainer in the center of my bedroom doorway while i was fast asleep? it was not sitting there when i got in bed lastnight. i am positive that when i crawled into bed lastnight my shoes were where they have been for months & i am such a clumbsy stumbling falling down bad knees dude that when i walk i watch the ground hence seeing the shoe with my first couple steps this morning, my eyes are on the floor/ground when i'm walking because i trip over the slightest crack, elevation change, rock, stick, a hasbro rubik's cube, pencil, bicycle, car bumper, medication bottle, cellular phone, corded phone mounted to the wall, vinyl albums, tape measures & yard sticks, paintings, poetry notebooks, cables, a deck of cards w/ three cards missings, a single paperclip, dell computer speakers, a clock & watch, hair pick, shampoo empty bottle, leash, collar, guitar strings, collection of old calendars, oil lamps, deodorant - all natural w/ no aluminum, deflated tire tubes, leslie west's glasses, a skeleton key, seven rubber bands & one loser powerball ticket from last february 8th

in conclusion tripping over shit sucks & i am wondering how my shoe was placed in the middle of the bedroom doorway where whomever placed it there knew i would be throughly perplexed yet completely enthralled
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

because my knees are fried, i get up out of bed with pain & small little steps & after a bit i am warmed up & can move about freely w/out the walker, but ya always aches & pains & bullshit to deal with. at night before crawling into bed i place my walker at the foot of my bed off to the side of the bed i get out of.

this means i back the bastard into my bedroom & place it in my path at the foot of my bed over to the side where i can stand up out of bed & step right up to it & support myself & warm up my knees & go about my day.

this morning i open my eyes, sit up in bed, stand up, step up to that walker & go forward a step or two to the doorway & can't go any further as my left new balance shoe is sitting in the center of the doorway.

i haven't wore my tennie-runners since last summer (i wear boots most of the time) & they have been sitting nicely up against the livingroom wall beside the record player stand

i live alone & haven't had anyone in my place for a good month or so.

who put my new balance cross trainer in the center of my bedroom doorway while i was fast asleep? it was not sitting there when i got in bed lastnight. i am positive that when i crawled into bed lastnight my shoes were where they have been for months & i am such a clumbsy stumbling falling down bad knees dude that when i walk i watch the ground hence seeing the shoe with my first couple steps this morning, my eyes are on the floor/ground when i'm walking because i trip over the slightest crack, elevation change, rock, stick, a hasbro rubik's cube, pencil, bicycle, car bumper, medication bottle, cellular phone, corded phone mounted to the wall, vinyl albums, tape measures & yard sticks, paintings, poetry notebooks, cables, a deck of cards w/ three cards missings, a single paperclip, dell computer speakers, a clock & watch, hair pick, shampoo empty bottle, leash, collar, guitar strings, collection of old calendars, oil lamps, deodorant - all natural w/ no aluminum, deflated tire tubes, leslie west's glasses, a skeleton key, seven rubber bands & one loser powerball ticket from last february 8th

in conclusion tripping over shit sucks & i am wondering how my shoe was placed in the middle of the bedroom doorway where whomever placed it there knew i would be throughly perplexed yet completely enthralled

I know what you mean about keeping a clear path, my dad had shot knees, wound up with a knee replacement that went horribly wrong and couldn't get around without the aid of an walker and would trip over an ant. I think there might be some significance to the shoe in your path that someone is trying to tell you, considering that it was a shoe placed there instead of any number of objects one would have in their home. Happy Easter!
    edited April 2014
    what do you feel is going on with this shoe in the doorway? you may pm me if you're more comfortable there, which ever you like

so tonight i'm doing my response back, we'll see what's shakin with this

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    pm sent!
    chadwick, have you ever sleepwalked? The object movement is strange as hell and not to discount your experiences, but I wonder if that's a possibility.

I went through a couple stretches of it, and learned I'd done things I had no recollection of.
    edited April 2014
    sure i have sleepwalked when i was a kid as a lot of kids do, this here was not me sleepwalking.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

sure i have sleepwalked when i was a kid as a lot of kids do, this here was not me sleepwalking.

I thought probably not but figured I'd throw it out there, as I never experienced somnambulism (love that word) until adulthood.

• jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    perplexed yet enthralled is what I'd be too....
    did you find anything else out of place anywhere?
    hedonist said:

chadwick said:

I thought probably not but figured I'd throw it out there, as I never experienced somnambulism (love that word) until adulthood.

never saw that word before. fancy neat word. thank you for sharing that

my deal when i was a kid was night terrors. that was no picnic

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    I had a dream once when I was a kid that felt like sleep walking. The dream was a nightmare and when I woke up I walked down the hall toward my parents bedroom because I was totally freaked out from the dream. When I got close to their room something evil started to drag on my forward movement more and more until I became frozen in my tracks and I couldn't call out for help. I knew I wasn't dreaming because the dream was what woke me up. The unseen evil was overwhelming me and I couldn't breath. That was all I could remember but I did wake up in bed the next morning. This is why I believe that for me (note that I said for me) the only thing that is truly paranormal are dreams. But I've also found that dreams are often very real as well.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

wild stuff, mr. lux
    dreams can be really messed up as well as way awesome

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

wild stuff, mr. lux

with night terrors i used to bed sound asleep, eyes open & could see but fuzzy & it was painful & i would scream like nobody's business & flick lights on & off & take off outside. i remember dad even walking me around outside then putting me back to bed.
    those night terrors sure are some miserable shits

becareful of the dreaming/sleeping demons of the zzzz world. they are short & enjoy catching shit on fire, yes/no?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    chadwick said:

chadwick said:

wild stuff, mr. lux

with night terrors i used to bed sound asleep, eyes open & could see but fuzzy & it was painful & i would scream like nobody's business & flick lights on & off & take off outside. i remember dad even walking me around outside then putting me back to bed.
    those night terrors sure are some miserable shits

becareful of the dreaming/sleeping demons of the zzzz world. they are short & enjoy catching shit on fire, yes/no?

Definitely tough things for kids to deal with. Why is it that kids have such bad dreams? And as adults are we more immune to them? I don't have super bad dreams very often anymore-- although I did have a dream recently in which NASA had a hover craft floating over myself and a small crowd in some bleachers that was creating vibrations that were harmful and painful and I woke up with my tinitus jacked up several dB's higher than normal.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.