Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I live in toronto. ACC

Worked through the live nation app or TM app

ACC isn't an ideal venue for JW though. Lots of tix left too so plan to buy for less than face later on.
  • Has anyone here ever been inside the Blue Room at Third Man for a show? Was lucky enough to get tickets for Jack's show on RSD and I'm just wondering how big (or small) this venue actually is. Only thing I could find was that they had 150 people at the first Dead Weather show there.
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited April 2014

Has anyone here ever been inside the Blue Room at Third Man for a show? Was lucky enough to get tickets for Jack's show on RSD and I'm just wondering how big (or small) this venue actually is. Only thing I could find was that they had 150 people at the first Dead Weather show there.

Great venue. Be first in line and you could be standing right next to the stage. Very small venue.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    Wohooo! I scored GA tickets for the Masonic Temple in Detroit \:D/

Never seen him live, this is gonna be a bucket list show. I'm stoked!
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204

My wife and I made the journey from Chicago to Detroit for his last show at the Masonic Temple. First time in Detroit and we had a blast. Masonic is a cool venue for a show. We met Jack's mom, sisters and lots of his family outside before the show. They all had special badges on for VIP after party. We tried our hardest to get one of the badges or at least the location of the secret after party, but no go. One bad thing was Jack's crowd interaction. We assumed he would love being in front of his hometown with family and friends in the audience, but other than "How ya doing Detroit?" He said nothing. Not a peep. He played his songs and left. It actually was a very strange show.
    Have fun!!!!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Scored GA tickets to the Fillmore in NC
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

My wife and I made the journey from Chicago to Detroit for his last show at the Masonic Temple. First time in Detroit and we had a blast. Masonic is a cool venue for a show. We met Jack's mom, sisters and lots of his family outside before the show. They all had special badges on for VIP after party. We tried our hardest to get one of the badges or at least the location of the secret after party, but no go. One bad thing was Jack's crowd interaction. We assumed he would love being in front of his hometown with family and friends in the audience, but other than "How ya doing Detroit?" He said nothing. Not a peep. He played his songs and left. It actually was a very strange show.
    Have fun!!!!
    Thank you image I'm very excited to see the Masonic Temple on the inside. It's gonna be awesome! We are all a little spoiled from PJ with the crowd interaction, I don't mind if there is not a lot, as long as the show is good :)

edited April 2014
    Leezestarr313 - "We are all a little spoiled from PJ with the crowd interaction, I don't mind if there is not a lot, as long as the show is good"
    You will get a lot more of the hipster type crowd at a Jack White show.
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    No luck for either Detroit show :( Please let me know if you have/know of 2 tickets for either!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    MedozK said:

Leezestarr313 - "We are all a little spoiled from PJ with the crowd interaction, I don't mind if there is not a lot, as long as the show is good"
    You will get a lot more of the hipster type crowd at a Jack White show.

Probably true, but I don't really care. I'm gonna be there with my favourite show buddy :D

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I just completed a trade to acquire The Dead Weather Vault 5. I love it.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Congrats. I know you have been looking for that for a while.
    MedozK said:

JK_Livin said:

Congrats. I know you have been looking for that for a while.
    Thanks. Now I just need JW to come near Philly.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    New Neil Young up in TMR store now
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited April 2014
    Cool!!! Went ahead and ordered one. Should be a pretty cool piece.

What are everybody's thoughts on the Vault WS Singles Box? I kinda got stuck with it, but was hopeful it would blow me away. Not too impressed for the price.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    DewieCox said:

Cool!!! Went ahead and ordered one. Should be a pretty cool piece.

What are everybody's thoughts on the Vault WS Singles Box? I kinda got stuck with it, but was hopeful it would blow me away. Not too impressed for the price.

I almost pulled the trigger impulsively on Neil, but with RSD tomorrow I figured other titles take priority. I passed on the WS singles box because it didn't overwhelm me, but was hooked back in with the new JW release.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2014

New Neil Young up in TMR store now

Thanks for mentioning! Grabbed one. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Yes, picked one up too, from my understanding it will be a AAA pressing (all analogue.) :-B
    Did they release anything in the store today beside the one he's currently making?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    JK_Livin said:
    Thanks for posting. Awesome video. The CHiPs are hilarious. Love the "hurry up" scenes. Anybody here get to attend the performance??
    That was maybe 10 seconds out of the whole song, lol.

I enjoyed it from just one listen. Fiddles aside, I think it's a new kind of sound from him.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    PJ_Soul said:

I enjoyed it from just one listen. Fiddles aside, I think it's a new kind of sound from him.
    PJ_Soul said:

10 seconds that was totally not necessary.
    Well it sounded to me like the intension of the song was to be a cacophony of sound, a song stuffed with variety on purpose. So for that reason the fiddles totally made sense to me (and I'm not a Jack White apologist).
  • jjflash said:

JK_Livin said:
    Thanks for posting. Awesome video. The CHiPs are hilarious. Love the "hurry up" scenes. Anybody here get to attend the performance??
    My wife and I got Ultra Tickets for Saturdays events at Third Man. It was probably the most unique concert experience we'll ever have. The people at TM told us they sold 150 tickets for the event and that amount of people pretty much filled up the room, so it was intimate to say the least. The band played "High Ball Stepper" first to get their levels set, and then they cut "Lazaretto" first, took a few second break to switch gear to cut the b-side of the record, and then after that, they played 9 more songs, 3 of which were also new (Three Women, Just One Drink, and Would You Fight For My Love). The whole set was fantastic and the small crowd was going nuts, but if I had to pick one song as a highlight, "Hello Operator" was crazy. Jack never sang a word of the song because the crowd sang the whole thing on their own. That was really fun. The whole set lasted just over and hour. The video is a great recap of the days events, but there were several videographers that filmed the whole set inside, so we're hoping that maybe in a future Vault package they'll put the whole thing on a dvd for everyone to see. After basically spending the day there, we left Third Man at about 430pm and the line for the record was still over 2 blocks long!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Lazaretto fucking melted my ears it fucking rocks Jack never fails to push the envelope ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Does anyone here have 2 subscriptions to The Vault? If so, do you use different email and shipping addresses?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Anyone else not get a shipping confirmation for Vault 19?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer