*** Charlottesville Fanviews Here 10/29/13 ***

Comments

• mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    This thread deserves a bump. Cheers to Cville for starring in the Euro Promo Vid. Much deserved. Thanks to all who were there.

96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    hell yea
    +1
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    edited March 2014
    I am just thankful that everything fell into place for my son and I to make the trip from Alabama up to Virginia to witness PJ in all their glory. Beautiful state, wonderful show, unforgettable night!
    Post edited by Choccoloccotide on
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    mcrok said:

This thread deserves a bump. Cheers to Cville for starring in the Euro Promo Vid. Much deserved. Thanks to all who were there.

Agreed..I know folks get tired of hearing about C'ville but the atmosphere was incredible..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited March 2014
    I just got my poster from the 10C...I didn't see any at the show.
    The blue ink on it is amazing. Buy one!
    WHO HOLDS YOUR KEY?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    One last bump from me....just watched it again and freakin goosebumps man....Im so glad and grateful to have gotten to see this show first hand....first time they ever played in Cville and it was so damn perfect...my first and only PJ show...here's to more.. :-c hopefully right back at JPJ fairly soon..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• yellowboyyellowboy Atlanta Georgia biggest PJ Fan Posts: 119
    I knew I should of gone.... Damnit. What a setlist!! Top 10 in my book.... Bootleg ORDERED!
    I've got memories, I've got shit.
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    edited May 2014
    Can we have a do over? [-O<
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

One last bump from me....just watched it again and freakin goosebumps man....Im so glad and grateful to have gotten to see this show first hand....first time they ever played in Cville and it was so damn perfect...my first and only PJ show...here's to more.. :-c hopefully right back at JPJ fairly soon..

I would be surprised if they come back to JPJ again soon. My guess is there would be a DC and/or VA Beach show first. But I'm with you, outside of coming to the National in Richmond (dream come true), JPJ is as good as it gets for us. I was so shocked and thrilled when the schedule was released and JPJ was there. My only gripe is the full cavity search on the way in. It really reduced the number of tapers with decent cameras in the building.

BTW - I'm re-doing the C'ville show. It will be done with 24 bit audio and some cleaner video work and transitions. Since I did that show, I have much better software to use. Hartford is in progress now, then back to C'ville.
  • riggo44riggo44 Washington, D.C. Posts: 10
    A little late to the game here but so glad i'm not the only one obsessed with this show! Such an amazing set. Awesome energy from the crowd that the band fed off of! There were so many cool moments that happened during the show. I about broke down in tears when Sleight of Hand was played, such a powerful song. Anyways so glad I was able to experience it in person! Favorite set yet! I've about worn out my bootleg!
    5/13/2010 - Bristow, VA | 9/03/2011 - Alpine Valley, WI | 9/04/2011 - Alpine Valley, WI | 9/02/2012 - Philadelphia, PA | 10/27/2013 - Baltimore, MD | 10/29/2013 - Charlottesville, VA | 10/01/2014 - Cincinnati, OH | 4/18/2016 - Hampton, VA | 4/28/2016 - Philadelphia, PA | 4/29/2016 - Philadelphia, PA | 8/18/2018 - Chicago, IL | 8/20/2018 - Chicago, IL | 
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    mrussel1 said:

I would be surprised if they come back to JPJ again soon. My guess is there would be a DC and/or VA Beach show first. But I'm with you, outside of coming to the National in Richmond (dream come true), JPJ is as good as it gets for us. I was so shocked and thrilled when the schedule was released and JPJ was there. My only gripe is the full cavity search on the way in. It really reduced the number of tapers with decent cameras in the building.

BTW - I'm re-doing the C'ville show. It will be done with 24 bit audio and some cleaner video work and transitions. Since I did that show, I have much better software to use. Hartford is in progress now, then back to C'ville.
    Awesome, can't wait!

Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    Pendulum/Release/In My Tree . . . beat that three as an opener
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Then Corduroy -> Go -> Why Go. It's like they kicked you in the nuts and then started stomping on you when you are down.
  • JS122057JS122057 Knoxville, TN Posts: 16
    mrussel1 said:

Then Corduroy -> Go -> Why Go. It's like they kicked you in the nuts and then started stomping on you when you are down.

Yes!!!

• This was my 9 year old son's very first concert. He made his own t-shirt. Which I would show you but I can't figure out how to post the pics.
  • scottjf8scottjf8 Posts: 36

This was my 9 year old son's very first concert. He made his own t-shirt. Which I would show you but I can't figure out how to post the pics.

Email it to me and i'll post it for you.. my username at gmail

• scottjf8scottjf8 Posts: 36

This was my 9 year old son's very first concert. He made his own t-shirt. Which I would show you but I can't figure out how to post the pics.

Here you go... pretty awesome

Also the PDF you sent me is at https://copy.com/AcALJJhlwpYNcrtr
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    So cute! A budding artist in our midst!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • I cannot tell you how supercharged my son is, now that his pic is "technically" on Pearl Jam's website.
    blu-ray this pretty please? i mean, really, what a night...this show just draws you in...so funny how laid back it was before the show, getting posters, etc...it was the least amount of craziness i've seen at a show...after listening to this hd boot so many times i'm pressed to say this was the best pj show i've been to...even compared to the early days... just went nuts over the performance, crowd, acoustics, lay out of songs....just everything. Totally messes with expectations, lol.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    b

I cannot tell you how supercharged my son is, now that his pic is "technically" on Pearl Jam's website.

adorable thanks for posting, what a great show he got to see! Did he love it too ?
  • Oh my gosh he was over the moon about it. Although exhausted and crying that he didn't get to meet the band at the end (stupid me didn't think to explain to him ahead of time that meeting the band wasn't likely) (he also didn't see any reason why we wouldn't just run into them on the street while we were in Seattle. It's funny how kids perceive things). I can't wait to take him to more shows. Unfortunately things like money and work and school keep getting in the way ;-)
  • curlycurly Posts: 703

Took the words right outta my mouth....
    This Fn' Bootleg is unreal.... Straight UP !!! Un fn' real....
    I'm on my 2nd run of it....and damn its so good...
    curly said:

Took the words right outta my mouth....
    This Fn' Bootleg is unreal.... Straight UP !!! Un fn' real....
    I'm on my 2nd run of it....and damn its so good...
    it is the gift that keeps giving:)
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    Easily one the greatest days of my life. I can't passively listen to the boot, have to be able to listen to the whole thing without interruption and be able to fist pump as needed.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023

Easily one the greatest days of my life. I can't passively listen to the boot, have to be able to listen to the whole thing without interruption and be able to fist pump as needed.

:D :-bd
    I just got back from GA at Leeds...(a show that might give this one a run for it's money when it all pans out...). The guy behind me when I initially came in? He listened to the Charlottesville boot on his way to the show...

I just got back from GA at Leeds...(a show that might give this one a run for it's money when it all pans out...). The guy behind me when I initially came in? He listened to the Charlottesville boot on his way to the show...

lucky you!!! I said it was the Cville of the European tour in the thread but someone discounted it as not being in the same league...I wasn't at leeds but I think it is fair to say both shows are top tier shows and the gem of their perspective tour...I still like the Cville setlist better (even tho "of the girl" is one of my favs)...there was a flow to the Cville set that both in person and on paper was really something....

can't wait to get the leeds boot:)
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    edited July 2014
    Strangely enough, my wife and I utilized this website where you stay at someones house or apartment or condo for relatively short money....the site's called homestay, but there are others, homeaway, airbnb, to name two. Our host's name in Leeds? Charlotte.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    I drove to Richmond today to see my daughter before she heads to Barbados for 4 weeks..On my way back to SW Va, I got a little hungry and decided to take the C'ville exit for some food..There I got a bit sappy and went the few extra miles to hit the Mcdonalds near JPJ...got my food, whipped into the parking lot of JPJ, slipped in the bootleg and spent a few minutes grubbing on fries and thinking back.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016