Options

Something worth...

reading, buying, eating, trying, watching, doing or just generally enjoying.

I'm interested in what you have recently discovered.

Wind this thing up.

Comments

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited February 2014
    My man likes to cook and often tries new recipes, that is something I truly appreciate ;;)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Annafalk said:

My man likes to cook and often tries new recipes, that is something I truly appreciate ;;)

Anything significant that he has tried making lately?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    Put plain Fage yogurt with frozen pitted cherries in a container together in the morning. Keep in a cold pack lunch box. By about 10:30 the cherries have thawed and become lovely but still really cold. It's like eating cherry cheesecake everyday bc Fage has an amazing texture. Yummy! High protein and super healthy with all those antioxidants too. Definitely worth trying.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    oysterjar said:

Annafalk said:

Anything significant that he has tried making lately?
    Wok meals, sushi, beef bourguinon, pulled pork :)
  • Options

Put plain Fage yogurt with frozen pitted cherries in a container together in the morning. Keep in a cold pack lunch box. By about 10:30 the cherries have thawed and become lovely but still really cold. It's like eating cherry cheesecake everyday bc Fage has an amazing texture. Yummy! High protein and super healthy with all those antioxidants too. Definitely worth trying.

I'm going to give that a try. Sounds yummy! Do you use classic, 2% or 0%?
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    0%. I actually look forward to this everyday. It is really yummy. Good with frozen pineapple or frozen mango chunks too.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I recently bought a juicer and I am making fresh juice every morning. I am completely stunned by the possibilities. I read a little bit before I bought it and one ingredient that all of my juices contain is kale. Sounds weird, but this stuff is pretty potent and you cannot taste it if you use apples, kiwis or pineapple with it. I feel like I'm having a rejuvenating elixier every morning :)
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144

I recently bought a juicer and I am making fresh juice every morning. I am completely stunned by the possibilities. I read a little bit before I bought it and one ingredient that all of my juices contain is kale. Sounds weird, but this stuff is pretty potent and you cannot taste it if you use apples, kiwis or pineapple with it. I feel like I'm having a rejuvenating elixier every morning :)

I've been juicing for about a year now, I can't imagine my mornings without it. I noticed changes in my hair and skin after about a month. Kale is something I use often. My friend turned me onto Kale chips with a peanut glaze done in the food dehydrator, very yummy.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258

What kind of juicer did you get? I got a Breville Juice Master Elite 2-3 months ago. It makes amazing juice but it's a centripetal juicer opposed to a masticating...therefore greens don't juice as well.
    Had me a glass of carrot, beet, beetgreen, kale and apple today after a run. Perfect post-run energy boost! Just wish the greens came out better.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited February 2014
    Mine is a cheap model, not a masticator. I'm a beginner and on a budget ;) The juice works out fine though. I wish I had the funds for a masticating juicer. I only just after my purchase came across them. But you know what? I think ours are better than nothing ;) I have been regularly drinking veggie juice in Germany, but V8 in America is full of crap, so I stopped drinking it. Then I thought I should get a juicer and here we go. I haven't really gotten into making pure veggie juices yet, but this has to do with the season. Once summer is on again, I can provide myself with stuff from the garden. Then my juices will be even more yum! Even without a masticating juicer.

Wasa - that sounds awesome! I'm having shots of raw apple cider vinegar every day too, and also use it as a conditioner for my hair. The dry air at this season is kicking my hair's and especially skin's butt, but the water-apple cider mix seems to help. I haven't tried kale chips yet, but I will :D In Germany, we only eat kale during the cold months, but prepared with lots of bacon and onions lol
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    prune juice
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

prune juice

Is this something that you have recently discovered? Or is it something that you generally enjoy? I like prunes myself.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    playing guitar and bass guitar
  • Options
    mca47 said:

What kind of juicer did you get? I got a Breville Juice Master Elite 2-3 months ago. It makes amazing juice but it's a centripetal juicer opposed to a masticating...therefore greens don't juice as well.
    Had me a glass of carrot, beet, beetgreen, kale and apple today after a run. Perfect post-run energy boost! Just wish the greens came out better.
    i have a juicer too, but for some reason juice doesn't sit well on my tummy. i put "green cubes" in my smoothies. this past summer i had more greens than i knew what to do with, so i put them in a food processor with a little water and ginger and froze them in ice cube trays.

i make my own laundry soap with fels naptha and washing soda.

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I was doing smoothies in the summer. I got a Hamilton Beach $12 single to go cup blender from amazon that is amazeballs. I'd use pick up whatever fruit looked good on my way home, wash, pit, chop & freeze it. then in the morning it's just dump some vanilla yogurt (i was using greek yogurt but i found i preferred the regular kind for smoothie texture.) Then toss in some of the frozen fruit pieces and WHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR - fresh smoothie ready to go! Keep that in mind for warmer days.

I think I might like juicer-juicing drinks but juicers are expensive and complicated and i don't have room for one. Plus I think there's some waste involved because I can't see plants liquefying the way fruits do and I wouldn't want to clean it.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    ldent42 said:

I was doing smoothies in the summer. I got a Hamilton Beach $12 single to go cup blender from amazon that is amazeballs. I'd use pick up whatever fruit looked good on my way home, wash, pit, chop & freeze it. then in the morning it's just dump some vanilla yogurt (i was using greek yogurt but i found i preferred the regular kind for smoothie texture.) Then toss in some of the frozen fruit pieces and WHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR - fresh smoothie ready to go! Keep that in mind for warmer days.

I think I might like juicer-juicing drinks but juicers are expensive and complicated and i don't have room for one. Plus I think there's some waste involved because I can't see plants liquefying the way fruits do and I wouldn't want to clean it.

I got the Breville Juice Fountain Elite. It was pricey but I've gotten a lot of use out of it. It does take up a bit of space on the countertop. Cleanup is pretty easy. All but two pieces can go in the dishwasher. Both fruit and veggies have waste (pulp) but it can be used for a number of things. Compost if you have a garden, or you can use it to make energy bars. I'll often take the apple fiber (pulp) and mix it in with some nuts, honey or agave, oats, etc...bake them in the oven for 20-30 minutes....BOOM! 100 organic, 100% natural energy bars. High in fiber...makes a great snack.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    mca47 said:

ldent42 said:

I got the Breville Juice Fountain Elite. It was pricey but I've gotten a lot of use out of it. It does take up a bit of space on the countertop. Cleanup is pretty easy. All but two pieces can go in the dishwasher. Both fruit and veggies have waste (pulp) but it can be used for a number of things. Compost if you have a garden, or you can use it to make energy bars. I'll often take the apple fiber (pulp) and mix it in with some nuts, honey or agave, oats, etc...bake them in the oven for 20-30 minutes....BOOM! 100 organic, 100% natural energy bars. High in fiber...makes a great snack.
    :sigh:
    It does sound nice, theoretically, but alas this just kind of proves it's not for me. I don't have a countertop. Or a dishwasher. Or a garden. Ha. I guess I could just walk up to the natural crap store a few blocks away and buy juices from them.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    My wife + I had carrot-beet juice
    at a Calgary farmer's market yesterday.
    Those all-natural juices are much more
    HER thing than mine,
    but even I had to admit it was pretty darn good.

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81XriBAZpgL._SL1500_.jpgimage

i hear this is the new trend
    i am currently enjoying a large pitcher of this on the rocks
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    as with any one therapy, be careful, as we can become dependent on it moderation, variety and random breaks seem to work best for me
  • Options
    chadwick said:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81XriBAZpgL._SL1500_.jpgimage

i hear this is the new trend
    i am currently enjoying a large pitcher of this on the rocks

I want to make this picture of Metamucil my new signature.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    ldent42 said:

mca47 said:

ldent42 said:

:sigh:
    It does sound nice, theoretically, but alas this just kind of proves it's not for me. I don't have a countertop. Or a dishwasher. Or a garden. Ha. I guess I could just walk up to the natural crap store a few blocks away and buy juices from them.
    I bought a Ninja food processor thing for $25 yesterday. Small, lightweight and comes with two settings-off and on. That thing works like a dream.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655
    This is probably my favorite consumer product. I have NO idea why anyone would ever buy crappy old cellophane when this awesome shit is on the market!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    i love that stuff!

magnesium for headaches
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Scented rubbish bags, i quiet like being in charge of the rubbish
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    I went for acupuncture for the first time today, I have been under a lot of stress the last few weeks and my back was brutal. I was completely skeptical and a bit concerned about the pain. I feel amazing, it was not painful at all and I swear I’m standing taller. It’s like I just woke up from the most restful sleep ever!! I would recommend without hesitation.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655

Recently moved and I finally have wood laminate floors, and this thing is now absolutely invaluable to me! Thank you Swiffer Sweeper! :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    I have converted from coffee to tea. I always drank coffee black and I don't add anything to my tea. There is so much variety in tea it never gets old. Sipping some celestial seasons sleepy time tea right now. Good stuff.

Wind this thing up.