I don't like this new message board

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    SD48277 said:

mickeyrat said:

Much Needed? Can you say BULSHIT?!?!?!?!

We recently made some much-needed changes to our forums. Because of the high volume of traffic and activity caused by our active and growing fan-base, we switched our forums platform to a hosted solution that offers substantially more options and the ability to handle more traffic.

We're aware that there will be some growing pains for the users and we will be monitoring the boards for suggestions.

The moderators have created a dynamic post that covers tips and features associated with the new forums.

Go forth and POST!

Interestingly enough, once the changes were made, the high volume of traffic and activity wa s dramatically reduced because of the changes.
    speaking of people that don't come around often... image how the heck have you been?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

Yeah, with the fixes from MikeD88, it is a new and more pleasant experience. Somehow though, the whole vibe on here is different. Makes me sad. Will we ever find our forum vibe again?

no,,its gone
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

Interestingly enough, once the changes were made, the high volume of traffic and activity wa s dramatically reduced because of the changes.

speaking of people that don't come around often... image how the heck have you been?
    Hey! I am doing well. Trying to stay warm during this arctic blast. How are you?
    ELITIST FUK
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I have had lost my will to check and post many times a day. The interface is just bad, and the writing too small.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

Yeah, with the fixes from MikeD88, it is a new and more pleasant experience. Somehow though, the whole vibe on here is different. Makes me sad. Will we ever find our forum vibe again?

I agree...the vibe here just seems "different"...honestly the majority of people that I consider friends from this community, I'm in touch with them through fb...including people that aren't here anymore..and lately that seems like an easier way to keep in touch...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596

I hope the vibe returns, Leezestarr. It was definitely damaged by the shitty format changes. A big part of the problem could be related to the lack of communication from 10 C. I PM'ed mods a few times and got very considerate responses but why hasn't there been more general communication toward all members on the forum itself with regard to the changes and the problems so many have talked about. Did I miss something here?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2014
    MayDay10 said:

I have had lost my will to check and post many times a day. The interface is just bad, and the writing too small.

Mayday, use the fix! It makes it all better!

I think that if everybody would just use this fix (I know I sound like a broken record), and then get over the annoyance of the initial change, everyone will feel better. And I think the vibe will come back. It's not been very long since the switch. Things like that don't go away that easily - it wasn't the board that made the vibe, it was the people. 100%. The people haven't died.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i myself am not downloading firefox & downloading any fix it system. to my notion that is bullshit & im not doing it. i heard firefox will not allow internet explorer to function. i like internet explorer... am i wrong here?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

i myself am not downloading firefox & downloading any fix it system. to my notion that is bullshit & im not doing it. i heard firefox will not allow internet explorer to function. i like internet explorer... am i wrong here?

Yeah, well IE is the worst browser you could use Chadwick. It absolutely sucks compared to Firefox and Chrome. So you are not doing yourself any favours by sticking with it. It seems to me that you are willfully rejecting a good thing, in terms of both your default browser and the 10C forum script fix. Stop being stubborn, and make things better for yourself.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    we shouldn't have to fix it ourselves.

i feel like a dork being here. i don't know what made me come back... again.
    did you see me? i saw you.
    edited January 2014

No, we shouldn't have to rely on a member for a fix, but that's the way the cookie has crumbled. At least there is a fix. Glass half full! ;)
    FWIW, I don't think you're a dork for being here, or we are all dorks for being here, so same diff. image :-B
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

Yeah, well IE is the worst browser you could use Chadwick. It absolutely sucks compared to Firefox and Chrome. So you are not doing yourself any favours by sticking with it. It seems to me that you are willfully rejecting a good thing, in terms of both your default browser and the 10C forum script fix. Stop being stubborn, and make things better for yourself.
    YEAH CHADWICK!

DUMMY!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2014
    why is internet explorer the worst browser known to mankind? frigg it, i like things simple & whatnot. for what i do, internet explorer brings up google & i'm perfectly pleased with it. mostly i am thrilled now that the search function works again. firefox & the fix it up download can kiss my ass :P
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    chadwick said:

why is internet explorer the worst browser known to mankind? frigg it, i like things simple & whatnot. for what i do, internet explorer brings up google & i'm perfectly pleased with it. mostly i am thrilled now that the search function works again. firefox & the fix it up download can kiss my ass :x

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2014
    chadwick said:

why is internet explorer the worst browser known to mankind? frigg it, i like things simple & whatnot. for what i do, internet explorer brings up google & i'm perfectly pleased with it. mostly i am thrilled now that the search function works again. firefox & the fix it up download can kiss my ass :x

It is incompatible with a lot of things, it's generally slower, it has problems with a lot of websites' functionality...... Firefox is just as simple (it's basically the same). It just works better. But hey, just trying to offer a suggestion - if you prefer the inferior browser and shitty forum, enjoy! ;)
    edited January 2014
    hello the jeagler,
    =D>

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Wait, do you mean this forum format will stay?
    I just thought they had their servers crashed or something and this was the back-up plan.
    So I was sideways waiting for them to fix it to the old one.
    :-t :o3 :((
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,341
    edited January 2014
    Hey Chad! I think you would actually like Chrome or Firefox. They look and work in a much simpler way than IE.
    And here's a little teaser to all the doubters of the script:
    Here's the link to the thread with the script:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox-chrome/p1

It does make this forum readable and usable again! It is worth a try image

Hey Chad! I think you would actually like Chrome or Firefox. They look and work in a much simpler way than IE.
    And here's a little teaser to all the doubters of the script:
    Here's the link to the thread with the script:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox-chrome/p1

It does make this forum readable and usable again! It is worth a try image

im not sure what im doing wrong and retro style,looks different to my pc..grgrg
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited January 2014

im not sure what im doing wrong and retro style,looks different to my pc..grgrg

Hmmm. Have you deactivated the old script, Dimi? What does it look like for you? Can you make a screenshot?

The categories site looks like in my screenshot. The discussions site and participated look a little less like the old board, but they are still superior to the vanilla forum style.

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
    Lisa,this is how looks Mike version and the one u post

this is how looks at my pc..damn..why?

Hmmm. That is weird. Maybe post it over in the malarky thread? Maybe it has to do with your screen resolution. It looks like it's more spread than on my screenshot. Hmmm ...

Hmmm. That is weird. Maybe post it over in the malarky thread? Maybe it has to do with your screen resolution. It looks like it's more spread than on my screenshot. Hmmm ...

ok,i just check it at firefox
    i download firefox,and add that that greasmonkey..and its as mike post..all cool
    but at my chrome,looks as i post the photos..seems at chrome doesnt work ok,but at firefox is great..
    i hope will be fixed at chrome,cos i prefer it as browzer
  • Hmmm. That is weird. Maybe post it over in the malarky thread? Maybe it has to do with your screen resolution. It looks like it's more spread than on my screenshot. Hmmm ...

ok,i just check it at firefox
    i download firefox,and add that that greasmonkey..and its as mike post..all cool
    but at my chrome,looks as i post the photos..seems at chrome doesnt work ok,but at firefox is great..
    i hope will be fixed at chrome,cos i prefer it as browzer
    I don't give a rats ass.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    i am pretty pleased now that the search function is back on. oh there are still issues buzzing around but whatever

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    PJ_Soul said:

MayDay10 said:

Mayday, use the fix! It makes it all better!

I think that if everybody would just use this fix (I know I sound like a broken record), and then get over the annoyance of the initial change, everyone will feel better. And I think the vibe will come back. It's not been very long since the switch. Things like that don't go away that easily - it wasn't the board that made the vibe, it was the people. 100%. The people haven't died.
    Im on a work computer and (even if it lets me), I dont want to install anything.

Its too late for me. Move on without me.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I hesitate to re-install Firefox, I had to wipe my computer clean, start fresh, and re-load the back-up files because FF kept giving me errors and randomly freezing up on my computer.

Still don't like the sterile feeling of the forum.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973

Bam!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    RKCNDY said:

I hesitate to re-install Firefox, I had to wipe my computer clean, start fresh, and re-load the back-up files because FF kept giving me errors and randomly freezing up on my computer.

thus, we have been sterilized
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    RKCNDY said:

Yeah..i dont install at work.not allowed to change anything..so chrome version of old forum isnt good ..so i use the black one..same at home..im mot change at firefox..