**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• wvueers1wvueers1 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 61
    1 playoff win in the past 18 years
    Fan since the beginning, but 1st PJ concert ever -- Phoenix, AZ 11-19-13

Love boat captain
    Take the reigns,.. steer us towards the clear.

M.Y.T.H. is
    Belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear

tumblr_mtr7i1ZXuo1r0d33so1_400.gif
  • wvueers1 wrote:

I do wonder which teams you guys are fans of. Because, unless it's like the Giants or Patriots, I'm not sure there's too many other fans that can be yapping.

That being said - this one bothered me a lot less than the past 3 as it was completely predictable, and if anything they performed better (all be it with the same EXACT ending) than a fan had any right to expect going into the game. It's not like they were winning the Super Bowl anyway. If anything, this game was a perfect ending to the NFC lEast season. 2 Terrible teams pretending they actually deserve a playoff spot.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    They either played way better than I expected or the NFC is really bad ..... My guess NFC East is really bad. Congrats Philly.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    usa-cowboys-mascot-level.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,445

poor guy.

pro mascots should be banned.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Now who are people going to blame for giving the game away, Romo...not this time. The blame needs to start at the top .... Looking at you Jerry. I agree with Edson, unless your team is winning SB you have no room to talk ... But I think some teams fans are apparently happy with just a playoff appearance.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

imalive wrote:

poor guy.

pro mascots should be banned.

everyone except him:
    Phillies_Phanatic5.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    1504059_701874656498984_130341220_n.jpg
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Now who are people going to blame for giving the game away, Romo...not this time. The blame needs to start at the top .... Looking at you Jerry. I agree with Edson, unless your team is winning SB you have no room to talk ... But I think some teams fans are apparently happy with just a playoff appearance.

oh cheer up. i mean you guys sound like fans of a team who have won one measly playoff game since the clinton administration or something.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • wvueers1 wrote:

I do wonder which teams you guys are fans of. Because, unless it's like the Giants or Patriots, I'm not sure there's too many other fans that can be yapping.

That being said - this one bothered me a lot less than the past 3 as it was completely predictable, and if anything they performed better (all be it with the same EXACT ending) than a fan had any right to expect going into the game. It's not like they were winning the Super Bowl anyway. If anything, this game was a perfect ending to the NFC lEast season. 2 Terrible teams pretending they actually deserve a playoff spot.

Ravens? Packers? Saints? Steelers?

There are a few teams who's fans are in a window to spout (if that is their thing). It's not my thing, but I think it is fair to say that the Cowboys need to be blown up and reinvented. Build around Dez. The rest simply isn't that fantastic.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,764
    You don't build around a receiver....
  • You don't build around a receiver....

Let me rephrase... keep Dez... blow up the rest- the pieces aren't there to get the job done.

Don't reach for a QB. Build the lines.

And for that matter... Arizona, with a 'washed up' quarterback (and great number 2 wideout in Boldin) went to the Superbowl on the back on Fitzgerald.
  • You don't build around a receiver....

Let me rephrase... keep Dez... blow up the rest- the pieces aren't there to get the job done.

And for that matter... Arizona, with a 'washed up' quarterback (and great number 2 wideout in Boldin) went to the Superbowl on the back on Fitzgerald.

Washed up? Dudes gonna be in the Hall of Fame. Yes, it was his last hurrah, but washed up?

Anyway - the coaching and D is clearly the problem. Romo's not. Yeah, he has had numerous bad endings that are extremely frustrating. But, maybe that's b/c he keeps them in games they have no business being in in the first place. They had THE worst D in the league, and still almost beat the Broncos. Would it make everyone feel better about Romo if they had lost like the Eagles did to the Broncos? Not even be in the game? Cosmetics don't count in records, but they do when you are trying to assess problems and improve. Maybe, if they had a better D and play calling he wouldn't be in those situations against teams they should finish off (really? 36 pts against a Rodgers less Packers isn't enough? 48 pts in any NFL game isn't enough?) Funny thing is their D looked the best in the 2 Eagles games this year.

The offense is plenty good enough already to compete and win. The D and coaching (which may be one and the same) need to be brought up to par.
  • Let me rephrase... keep Dez... blow up the rest- the pieces aren't there to get the job done.

Washed up? Dudes gonna be in the Hall of Fame. Yes, it was his last hurrah, but washed up?

Anyway - the coaching and D is clearly the problem. Romo's not. Yeah, he has had numerous bad endings that are extremely frustrating. But, maybe that's b/c he keeps them in games they have no business being in in the first place. They had THE worst D in the league, and still almost beat the Broncos. Would it make everyone feel better about Romo if they had lost like the Eagles did to the Broncos? Not even be in the game? Cosmetics don't count in records, but they do when you are trying to assess problems and improve. Maybe, if they had a better D and play calling he wouldn't be in those situations against teams they should finish off (really? 36 pts against a Rodgers less Packers isn't enough? 48 pts in any NFL game isn't enough?) Funny thing is their D looked the best in the 2 Eagles games this year.

The offense is plenty good enough already to compete and win. The D and coaching (which may be one and the same) need to be brought up to par.

For the record... I'm not a Cowboys fan and I'm not a Romo basher. Dez is their best player- by far.

Suspect play calling and a soft defence is most certainly a problem.

I said 'washed up' in quotation to indicate this was the label he wore during that season. It's safe to say that dropping back and firing to those two players was a hell of a lot easier than dropping back and firing to, say, Kenny Britt and Justin Hunter. Fitzgerald and Boldin extended Warner's career.
    Gotta love the trash talking coming from Philadelphia fans .... Philadelphia hasn't won shit .... But their pathetic fan base sure knows how to trash talk. I guess when you got nothing else and you consider winning the division an accomplishment ....

lukin2006 wrote:
    Gotta love the trash talking coming from Philadelphia fans .... Philadelphia hasn't won shit .... But their pathetic fan base sure knows how to trash talk. I guess when you got nothing else and you consider winning the division an accomplishment ....

:roll:

Dallas hasn't done anything in the past 20 years!!!! So leave your stupid comments in your pocket.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • lukin2006 wrote:

Dallas hasn't done anything in the past 20 years!!!! So leave your stupid comments in your pocket.

Other than win 2 Super Bowls. :? Make it 21 years, and it's 3. :oops:
    lukin2006 wrote:

:fp: :fp: :fp:

As a fan base we strive for Super Bowls ... Not division titles.

lukin2006 wrote:

Other than win 2 Super Bowls. :? Make it 21 years, and it's 3. :oops:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

lukin2006 wrote:

I believe in the last 21 years there have been 11 teams to win Super Bowls ... Eagles are not one of them.

:lol:

Gold, Jerry. Gold.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • :lol:

Gold, Jerry. Gold.

Well, truth be told, we didn't pick the time frame. I certainly am not wrapping myself in glory for what happened 18 years ago. But if someone's trying to rag on someone they should at least use good material lest they look the fool.

Gold, Jerry. Gold.

Well, truth be told, we didn't pick the time frame. I certainly am not wrapping myself in glory for what happened 18 years ago. But if someone's trying to rag on someone they should at least use good material lest they look the fool.

well it's felt like 20 years ;)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • :lol:

Gold, Jerry. Gold.

Then it must feel like forever since the Eagles have won one. ;););)

Gold, Jerry. Gold.

especially in this new age of parity. you figure they'd win a couple just by accident.

long live jerry jones.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    even the coach and qb are fraud sports fans:

http://deadspin.com/tony-romo-and-jason-garrett-are-duke-fans-of-course-th-1539622921

Tony Romo And Jason Garrett Are Duke Fans. Of Course They Are.

Cowboys? Check. Duke? Check. This means they probably have Yankees and Lakers gear laying around the house, too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Must be a slow day for Philly sports fans when they are worried about the coach and qb of a mediocre nfl team.

lukin2006 said:

Must be a slow day for Philly sports fans when they are worried about the coach and qb of a mediocre nfl team.

this is from deadspin. and it is hilarious.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    please take john manziel.

please, please please....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,445

please take john manziel.

please, please please....

DONT LISTEN TO HIM, JERRY!!!

please, please, please...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06