**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• wvueers1wvueers1 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 61
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Let's not forget that the only constant is Jerry since their last Super Bowl ... This franchise is in a free fall with no end in site because his son will be taking over when Jerry steps down. My guess is if they win a Super Bowl it'll be by chance or if the Jone's end up so embarrassed they hire a GM.

It's real freakin' easy . . . hire a real GM! Own the team, go to cocktail parties and tell people how you own the team. Big F'n whoop. Hire a person that knows WTF they are doing. Ugh. We know we have the financial support, 2nd richest sports franchise in the world next to Manchester United and we are as mediocre as mediocre can be . . . that in and of itself should tell Jerry Jones how bad he sucks as a GM.
    Fan since the beginning, but 1st PJ concert ever -- Phoenix, AZ 11-19-13

Love boat captain
    Take the reigns,.. steer us towards the clear.

M.Y.T.H. is
    Belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear

tumblr_mtr7i1ZXuo1r0d33so1_400.gif
  • wvueers1 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Let's not forget that the only constant is Jerry since their last Super Bowl ... This franchise is in a free fall with no end in site because his son will be taking over when Jerry steps down. My guess is if they win a Super Bowl it'll be by chance or if the Jone's end up so embarrassed they hire a GM.

It's real freakin' easy . . . hire a real GM! Own the team, go to cocktail parties and tell people how you own the team. Big F'n whoop. Hire a person that knows WTF they are doing. Ugh. We know we have the financial support, 2nd richest sports franchise in the world next to Manchester United and we are as mediocre as mediocre can be . . . that in and of itself should tell Jerry Jones how bad he sucks as a GM.

Financial stuff is irrelevant since theres a pretty hard salary cap in football. Thats his problem He cant just out spend other teams. He actually has to know how to allocate limited resources. Just shows how dumb us cowboys fans are that keep giving him money for a mediocre product. He doesn't seem to have the history of the Yankees where a couple decades like this actually did empty the stadium. It will happen. Just takes time.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    He doesn't seem to have the history of the Yankees where a couple decades like this actually did empty the stadium. It will happen. Just takes time.

thats the only thing he'll understand. The 1 thing I don't get with him is the previous 2 seasons they were 1 win away from a home playoff game, thats 90000 - 100000 paying customers that he did not get because his head coach and his QB always choke in the big games ... whats does he do, he keeps his head coach and makes Ryan the scapegoat and hands his choking QB a 100 million dollar contract, and what happens this year, they could have had the division title by now ... so another year possibly lost and all that revenue from a home playoff game lost. Just how much money does this team make him that he can throw away home playoff games the way he does?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    As far as him knowing how to pick talent :lol::lol::lol:, he does alright in the 1st round, after that he pretty much sucks at ... and to build an NFL team you better be consistently good deep into the draft and his draft history is horrible. The best and most consistent players on this roster for the better in the last 10 years has been Witten and Ware, both Parcell draft picks.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    go skins
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Jerry Jones You're a Grinch Song ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M7qT7YYrto

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

go skins

Doesn't matter if we win today our coach and quarterback will figure away to choke sometime in the next 7 days ... thats who they are.

lukin2006 wrote:
    go skins

Doesn't matter if we win today our coach and quarterback will figure away to choke sometime in the next 7 days ... thats who they are.

i know. i'd just like to clinch tonight and take it easy next week. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Lose today. Thanks.
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    lukin2006 wrote:
    go skins

IF they even make the playoffs then they're on the road either in San Fran, New Orleans, or Carolina. Not good.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    lukin2006 wrote:
    go skins

IF they even make the playoffs then they're on the road either in San Fran, New Orleans, or Carolina. Not good.

They can make the playoff is if they win the division, as a division winner they'll get at least 1 home game. Probably will not matter, this Cowboy team is not good.

we'll see you next week
    chinese-happy.jpg
    we'll see you next week
    :thumbup:

It was almost choked away today. We'll see what happens next week.

• Can't help but think this is all a cruel joke. Either:

1) Romo/Garrett will find a new (although not all that new) way to find a way to lose a home game on the last day of the season to give up the division/playoffs; or

2) Actually find a way to win (well, the Eagles do suck, too. It's a terrible division and would be appropriate if the team winning it wins it solely on the strength of going 6-0 over the rest of the crappy teams in the division) to suck us back in only to get demolished the following week by New Orleans at home

Not going for it. Didn't even celebrate when they came back to beat the really crappy Redskins by 1 (yay!!! you can come back against a team that you never should have been behind in the first place).

Don't care how the last game turns out, the entire coaching staff needs to go. They got incredibly lucky winning yesterday over a team that wouldn't beat Alabama (I know. I know. They're still the best team in the country. Shit happens when you're trying to win 3 straight years with 19 and 20 year olds).
    Can't help but think this is all a cruel joke. Either:

1) Romo/Garrett will find a new (although not all that new) way to find a way to lose a home game on the last day of the season to give up the division/playoffs; or

2) Actually find a way to win (well, the Eagles do suck, too. It's a terrible division and would be appropriate if the team winning it wins it solely on the strength of going 6-0 over the rest of the crappy teams in the division) to suck us back in only to get demolished the following week by New Orleans at home

Not going for it. Didn't even celebrate when they came back to beat the really crappy Redskins by 1 (yay!!! you can come back against a team that you never should have been behind in the first place).

Don't care how the last game turns out, the entire coaching staff needs to go. They got incredibly lucky winning yesterday over a team that wouldn't beat Alabama (I know. I know. They're still the best team in the country. Shit happens when you're trying to win 3 straight years with 19 and 20 year olds).

It's likely a cruel joke ...

IMO this is just one example of why these coaches need to be gone no matter what happens, Carr was getting torched all day and it takes Scandrick making the adjustment and switching assignments ... isn't that the coaches job? Also when Dallas was at the 10 of Wahsindton with a 1:45 left or so and a 4-10 play about to be called you see Garrett trying to call timeout and Romo has to step in and say no wait ... seriously your the head coach, its your job to know that this is your last offensive play (likely), so why save Washington time :fp: :fp:? Yet Jones praises Garrett after the game. I think Sunday might be a long day for us cowboy fans, it appears the players, not only have to play, they also have to make decisions that coaches need to make :lol::lol::lol::lol:.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/ ... t-big-play

Scandrick makes smart adjustment, big play

LANDOVER, Md. -- The Dallas Cowboys' best coaching adjustment Sunday was made by a cornerback.

Orlando Scandrick had seen enough of ill teammate Brandon Carr being overmatched by Washington Redskins receiver Pierre Garcon, who caught 11 passes for 144 yards and a touchdown. Scandrick took matters into his own hands during the fourth quarter.

“Honestly, I just took him,” Scandrick said. “We had to get a stop and I knew they were going to go to him.”

Scandrick, who vowed this week to find a way to bounce back from back-to-back bad performances, came up with the Cowboys' biggest play of the game. With the Cowboys trailing by six, Scandrick blanketed Garcon on a third-and-6 crossing route, breaking up Kirk Cousins' pass to force the Redskins to punt with 3:47 remaining.

That gave Tony Romo and the offense the opportunity to drive 87 yards for the game-winning touchdown.

Once Scandrick saw Washington's formation, he knew the route that Garcon was going to run, based on his film study. Scandrick said it was the third time the Redskins ran that play Sunday.

“If you watch the tape, you'll see I played it a little bit low and I undercut,” Scandrick said. “Honestly, I didn't think he would throw it, but he did.”

Cousins was 11-of-15 throwing to Garcon before the Redskins' last two possessions. He targeted Garcon on three incompletions during those series.

The coaches didn't say anything to Scandrick about his decision to switch the assignments, he said. Carr got the best of Garcon in the Cowboys' Oct. 13 win over the Redskins, but that individual battle was about as lopsided as could be in the rematch after Carr didn't practice on Thursday and Friday because of an illness.

“They got enough faith in me,” Scandrick said. “That's a great matchup for [Carr]. It just wasn't his day. Not making any excuses for him, but he was sick. He was dragging. He's getting IVs before the game. He looked out of it.”

Asked if Scandrick has the authority to change coverage assignments, defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin said, “It just depends. It depends on the situation, what coverage you're in. There's a lot of things that go into that type of deal.”

It's a good thing Scandrick made the switch Sunday. It's a wonder it didn't happen a lot earlier in the game.

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Kyle is your QB.
    This is GREAT news, he doesnt choke.
    are you guys happy or upset with this?
    chinese-happy.jpg

I don't know what to think. I'm thinking with Orton they'll be forced to run more, that would be good. With Romo he does make the o - line look better. But with or without Romo I really think it would have taken a monumental effort to win. The defensive line is composed of guys who walked off the street, Ware is showing his age or doesn't fit into this new D, Hatcher as hardly been noticed lately and the secondary is a mess. So I would think if you guys don't beat yourselves with turnovers you'll probably win easy ... No matter who the QB is ... All I got to hang onto is "on any given Sunday".

It would be funny if Orton got the job done when Romo has failed so often :lol::lol::lol:.

• lukin2006 wrote:

It would be funny if Orton got the job done when Romo has failed so often :lol::lol::lol:.

Or worse, Jerry uses the loss as an opportunity to rationalize NOT firing every single coach and their children so he doesn't have to go throu interviews of guys telling him he needs to hire a real gm (or sycophants telling him he's wonderful - why risk it?)
    lukin2006 wrote:

Or worse, Jerry uses the loss as an opportunity to rationalize NOT firing every single coach and their children so he doesn't have to go throu interviews of guys telling him he needs to hire a real gm (or sycophants telling him he's wonderful - why risk it?)

That might happen.

lukin2006 wrote:
    So I would think if you guys don't beat yourselves with turnovers you'll probably win easy ... .

turnovers?

what are those?

;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    So disappointed. Was really pumped for the game, especially after their comeback on the weekend.

I feel really bad for Romo. I really thought it was his year. Good luck to the Eagles, I guess.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    So disappointed. Was really pumped for the game, especially after their comeback on the weekend.

I feel really bad for Romo. I really thought it was his year. Good luck to the Eagles, I guess.

I doubt we'd win either way ... our d is atrocious ... I'll still cheer the cowboys on and be very disappointed if we lose ... but you just never know, thats why you play the game.

• lukin2006 wrote:

I doubt we'd win either way ... our d is atrocious ... I'll still cheer the cowboys on and be very disappointed if we lose ... but you just never know, thats why you play the game.

Funny thing is, I'm actually more excited for the game. Don't get me wrong, I actually like Romo. I think the coaching and d is more of the problem. But now, they are really in a no lose situation. And it's not really an impossible task. It's not like the eagles are good either. And at least they're not sending Gary Hoggeboom out there.
    lukin2006 wrote:

Funny thing is, I'm actually more excited for the game. Don't get me wrong, I actually like Romo. I think the coaching and d is more of the problem. But now, they are really in a no lose situation. And it's not really an impossible task. It's not like the eagles are good either. And at least they're not sending Gary Hoggeboom out there.

This team leaves me with very little confidence whether Romo or Orton are the QB. This d needs a total rebuild, and JJ is not the guy that can get the job done. It's been what 20 years since Jimmy left ... It's been a nightmare for most of those years.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    davidtrios wrote:
    Kyle is your QB.

I don't know if it was original or not but my buddy is in a fantasy league with "orton hears the boos" :lol:

HortonHearsAWhoBookCover.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    nice try kyle....I was liking you better than tony until you romo'ed at the end :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    nice try kyle....I was liking you better than tony until you romo'ed at the end :x

so...a pretty "tony" typical performance then, eh?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited December 2013
    Romo's too busy recovering from his vaginoplasty.

Stealing this from Deadspin -

[GIF of Jerry turning around in the owner's box to F-bomb while his grandson pulls his sweatshirt over his head.]

EDIT EDIT:

Jerry_jones.gif

:thumbup: :thumbup:
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on