Totally agree with Brendan O Brien.......SIRENS BABY!

JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
edited December 2013 in The Porch
It is one of the greatest PJ songs ever......In fact.......I think it is one of the greatest songs of all time.......Unbelievable with this band......But on the flipside......I just love all of them.....but Sirens is amazing......I do not think any band that has been around for 22 years had come up with a masterpiece like this one .........PEARL JAM FOREVERAFTER!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BE9456BE9456 Posts: 145
    This has to be a troll.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    They may be trolling but I agree with what the OP wrote
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    epic!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I can't take this anymore, and it has to be said....

Sirens is the epitome of blind loyalty and fanboy-ism(?) of this band (along with Ole'). My God you are all fucking nuts to think this is a good song, let alone a song this band should be associated with. For fuck's sake....
  • I can't take this anymore, and it has to be said....

Sirens is the epitome of blind loyalty and fanboy-ism(?) of this band (along with Ole'). My God you are all fucking nuts to think this is a good song, let alone a song this band should be associated with. For fuck's sake....

Ole I agree with, but I genuinely love Sirens. Look forward to it every time I listen to Lightning Bolt. I agree with OP. Cheers!
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I hate this song.
    My butt itches!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

thank god im nuts and mike can write this type songs and eddie this type of lyrics..
    Woot....or better..Ole!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Or maybe we just have different tastes? I'm not a fanboy- I hate the bands stands on merch and ticket prices, I acknowledge that the first five albums are better than the last 5 released, I don't like when a member acts like a crybaby on stage, I despise Ole (as well as a few other songs), but I LOVE Sirens. Lyrics are fantastic and ballad style music is good too.
    severed hand thirteen

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    It's like a fine red wine to me....
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031

Well I'm glad I have blind loyalty :roll: cause its a great song. (Even though the blind loyalty thing is completely false :wink: )
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Or maybe we just have different tastes? I'm not a fanboy- I hate the bands stands on merch and ticket prices, I acknowledge that the first five albums are better than the last 5 released, I don't like when a member acts like a crybaby on stage, I despise Ole (as well as a few other songs), but I LOVE Sirens. Lyrics are fantastic and ballad style music is good too.
    Well said. Different opinions are ok. I happen to like Ole. For me Dissident is one of PJ's worst song but I'm not gonna go around and blast others who love it. Plenty of other songs that do nothing for me too. Thats the beauty of this band, so much diversity.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Saying someone needs to rank No Code as their favorite album to be a true fan is the epitome of fanboy-ism. Liking Sirens is not.

It is a great song.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Abe Froman wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Well said. Different opinions are ok. I happen to like Ole. For me Dissident is one of PJ's worst song but I'm not gonna go around and blast others who love it. Plenty of other songs that do nothing for me too. Thats the beauty of this band, so much diversity.

Thanks- Dissident is in my top 10 ever :lol:
    severed hand thirteen

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    JimmyV wrote:
    Saying someone needs to rank No Code as their favorite album to be a true fan is the epitome of fanboy-ism. Liking Sirens is not.

It is a great song.

Well, No Code *is* their masterpiece... in my opinion.

Sirens -- I was repelled at first listen -- not even "meh," plain old "WTH?!?" It's a devious beast, though -- it sank its claws into my brain after just that first listen, and now I enjoy it. I am not sure how it will hold up over time; I can see it going either way with me.

Now, Yellow Moon, *that* is a lush, amazing song.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • KateAKateA Posts: 182
    Now everybody (pro or against) go there: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=227073 and vote.
    It's almost voted out at the moment.
    Will see :lol:
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • I can't take this anymore, and it has to be said....

I'm going more with the flip side of this argument. The "Sirens" hate is more the product of the modern blog/message board mentality. If it's popular, too close to mainstream, not retro enough, out of the comfort zone, etc, etc...then it's cool to hate it. "Oh PJ is being played on the radio again? I hate that song. But you should hear the performance of Bugs at the Philly show in '09!!! I'm cool enough to know that song!!!"
    DSTURNERJR wrote:

I'm going more with the flip side of this argument. The "Sirens" hate is more the product of the modern blog/message board mentality. If it's popular, too close to mainstream, not retro enough, out of the comfort zone, etc, etc...then it's cool to hate it. "Oh PJ is being played on the radio again? I hate that song. But you should hear the performance of Bugs at the Philly show in '09!!! I'm cool enough to know that song!!!"

I think you have me confused with someone else. I just thought I would finally make a comment in one of these many psychotic posts about how awesome this song is - this band could literally put their feces on vinyl and most of you people would eat it up.
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    JimmyV wrote:

It is a great song.
    Agree...
    rustedsigns
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    BE9456 wrote:
    This has to be a troll.

A troll who felt the need to shell out 20 bux to access to posting on the board? :)
  • BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    KateA wrote:
    It's almost voted out at the moment. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=227073

done 8-)
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    DSTURNERJR wrote:

agree 100%. a lot of these same people would have been trashing Daughter in 1993 because it was too light or mainstream and not the 2nd coming of Even Flow or Alive. and can you imagine the shit storm if they released Better Man under today's environment?
  • scratched vinylscratched vinyl Posts: 742
    edited December 2013
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

:thumbup: That about sums it up (minus first five better than last 5) for me too.
    If you don't like it, who gives a fuck, get over yourself.
    Post edited by scratched vinyl on
  • lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257

thank god im nuts and mike can write this type songs and eddie this type of lyrics..
    Woot....or better..Ole!!

I agree. It may be grandiose or whatever, but I enjoy it, I think it's beautiful, and, if you don't like it don't listen to it. Art is subjective.
  • JimmyV wrote:

It is a great song.

No Binaural! No code is second.

I can't do sirens Man. I was punished though. Went to get a beer during sirens and had to run back because they played a top 5 (In My Tree) next. So yes PJ, I love sirens as long as you play Long Road at my next concert.

Oh and dissident is good in small doses, ha ha.
    BE9456 wrote:
    Sirens sucks.
    I believe you because you, undoubtedly, know a lot about that particular verb/adjective.
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Is there a hate campaign going on towards a Pearl Jam song here? If that's the case, it doesn't fit in with the Posting Guidelines and some people are going to find their forum accounts read-only....not having it...capisce?

You don't care for a song, you don't have to listen to it but there will be no hate campaign here.
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Ah, so, there is a blacklist....lovely.
    Kat wrote:
    Is there a hate campaign going on towards a Pearl Jam song here? If that's the case, it doesn't fit in with the Posting Guidelines and some people are going to find their forum accounts read-only....not having it...kapish?

You don't care for a song, you don't have to listen to it but there will be no hate campaign here.

I enjoy the shit out of Sirens while understanding that not everyone agrees with my connection to it. It's the same with PJ themselves. Some people like them, some don't. Don't incite anger over an opinion. I'm all for spicing up the forum every now and then but....
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

:thumbup: That about sums it up (minus first five better than last 5) for me too.
    If you don't like it, who gives a fuck, get over yourself.

BTW I love the last five albums, but I ranked all ten of them a few weeks ago, and they just happened to sort out this way.
    severed hand thirteen

• Been a huge fan since day 1. Loved all the albums and there's very few tracks that I don't like. Got to admit I wasn't keen on sirens when I first heard it. Since LB came out I have a new found love for it. It's a real grower and I don't get how people can think it's any worse than some of their other ballads over the years.
This discussion has been closed.