vancouver = WORST ga lineup organization

Comments

• smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    JimmyV wrote:
    curly wrote:
    my friend and I got #17 and 18 at 9am in OK city...
    we came back at 515pm and kinda non chelont made our way past the 100+ people to the front of the line...
    it was pure luck and I got the rail between ed and stone... was my 14th show since 95' and I'm pretty sure it will be my one and only time ever being that close...

And this is why I am 100% against the list system.

A few people bashing curly here.

Everyone Here is complaining about the line situation. It's a flawed method that only works for the click of people signing that sheet. What If I wrote #2 on my hand at home? What if we started our own sheet against yours? There is no method to it and that's why we seem to complain about it so much.

Now, I wasn't with curly at this show, but I'm good friends with him. I know what he said to be true and honest. If anyone had said anything to him he would have politely moved. He's a good guy. He said it was luck and he was surprised by how it worked.. So even though he benefited from this he still is admitting there are problems with it.

If how the list works upsets you, fine. If you wish it was different, fine. If you don't like what he said (curly) then fine. But again his words are honest and true, and he is a stand up guy. He was truly floored to have an opportunity to be dead center. He's a huge fan and deserved it. So say what you want about the line, the list, what he said... But don't resort to personal attacks. He's a fan just like us and a good guy on top of it.

I will say, whoever was yelling at everyone in the ga line was pathetic. And it's people like that who will keep the list going because they know if they get loud with you, you won't do the same back.

It's like this. If I wait for hours, and you expect to cut in front of me last minute, you've got another thing coming. Ill tell you it's not happening and if you think it will still go that way ill be sure and grab security and let them know.

For the record ever since we saw this happening in Europe, we have avoided that with all costs. We just show up around the time the band plays and you know what? That's good enough... I guess why that is is because I am there for the MUSIC and not to be as close to Eddie as possible.

Imagine on Black Friday.. A crowd grows overtime... And then 100 people walk up 15 min before doors open and cut everyone...

You'd be hearing reports of the massive beat down riot that broke out. And I know I want to see PJ alot more than save a few bucks!!
    smanchac1 wrote:
    so proud we dont have this drama at Europe GA shows

for the record,there was a show last night too,its at given to fly forum the saetlist and the reviews..

and it was sooooooooo good...

Same shit happens in Europe.. If Anyone should know this its you.

Happened in Berlin 2012. After that we just started coming later, and still had a great spot.
    this drama????let me know better for europe..
    and i know exactly what happened to berlin 2012..after night 1 ..i can even tell u who did what
    but this drama??hahhaa..atleast security here dont change entrance every half an hour

No, I didn't say the drama.

I said, it happens in Europe, referring to the line and the list.

You said it doesn't happen in Europe, and i said yes it did... Didn't mention the drama.

But I see what you mean. I agree. In Berlin we had #50 on our hand, but got back in line at the point we were at. I couldn't fathom just walking past people who had even there waiting longer than us!

EDIT- just re read mine and your posts... You are right, you did say the drama... My fault. A little tired! Lol.

I meant, the line and list does happen (and probably originated there) but not the same drama.
    ;)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    smanchac1 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    curly wrote:
    we came back at 515pm and kinda non chelont made our way past the 100+ people to the front of the line...
    it was pure luck and I got the rail between ed and stone... was my 14th show since 95' and I'm pretty sure it will be my one and only time ever being that close...

Everyone Here is complaining about the line situation. It's a flawed method that only works for the click of people signing that sheet. What If I wrote #2 on my hand at home? What if we started our own sheet against yours? There is no method to it and that's why we seem to complain about it so much.

Now, I wasn't with curly at this show, but I'm good friends with him. I know what he said to be true and honest. If anyone had said anything to him he would have politely moved. He's a good guy. He said it was luck and he was surprised by how it worked.. So even though he benefited from this he still is admitting there are problems with it.

If how the list works upsets you, fine. If you wish it was different, fine. If you don't like what he said (curly) then fine. But again his words are honest and true, and he is a stand up guy. He was truly floored to have an opportunity to be dead center. He's a huge fan and deserved it. So say what you want about the line, the list, what he said... But don't resort to personal attacks. He's a fan just like us and a good guy on top of it.

I will say, whoever was yelling at everyone in the ga line was pathetic. And it's people like that who will keep the list going because they know if they get loud with you, you won't do the same back.

It's like this. If I wait for hours, and you expect to cut in front of me last minute, you've got another thing coming. Ill tell you it's not happening and if you think it will still go that way ill be sure and grab security and let them know.

For the record ever since we saw this happening in Europe, we have avoided that with all costs. We just show up around the time the band plays and you know what? That's good enough... I guess why that is is because I am there for the MUSIC and not to be as close to Eddie as possible.

Imagine on Black Friday.. A crowd grows overtime... And then 100 people walk up 15 min before doors open and cut everyone...

You'd be hearing reports of the massive beat down riot that broke out. And I know I want to see PJ alot more than save a few bucks!!

I bashed no one.

Ten Clubbers getting their number at 9am and then reappearing at 5:15 is the perfect example (to an extreme even) of why I am against the list system. That is a statement of fact. I give Curly credit for being honest about his behavior. Not many have been. But if we have people doing this, getting their numbers and then disappearing for the entire day, then the system needs to go.

Not sure how you are getting a personal attack out of what I wrote.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    ckravitz wrote:
    They should put 4 rows of seats in front of the GA section. That will stop this nonsense.

And to the poster that commented about the inevitable violence, I hear you, it's only gonna take one nut job on either side of the issue.
    why?cos fans acting like animals??no..they sould organize that shit..

exable

Rotterdam 09..
    we arrrive at the venue...first 50 people are in the 1st to get in..security..the same guy all day for those first 50
    then barriers.,.
    the next 50 behind them,same security guy
    then barriers
    the next 50..

i was at the second team of 50..u could go to pick up food-restroom,pick up tickets etc...
    and you could get into your spot,no pro..

mike side,rail..no problems at all

from the moment this shitty list instead of organize things,at usa create more problems then,the security need to organize the whole shit

Oh I totally get it and I am not saying GA can't work, but it's just getting to the point where it seems inevitable that unless SOMETHING is done, we are going to have an incident. Minimizing that possibility is more important than absolutely anything else. The fact that there was (allegedly) some fan screaming at the top of her lungs at people is trouble. If it was a dude, it probably doesn't turn out well.
    smanchac1 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    curly wrote:

I bashed no one.

Ten Clubbers getting their number at 9am and then reappearing at 5:15 is the perfect example (to an extreme even) of why I am against the list system. That is a statement of fact. I give Curly credit for being honest about his behavior. Not many have been. But if we have people doing this, getting their numbers and then disappearing for the entire day, then the system needs to go.

Not sure how you are getting a personal attack out of what I wrote.[/quote]

I agree that the list is shit and needs to go.

And I didn't call anyone out for personal attacks. Just asking that it not resort to that.

I know I quoted you but wasn't directing that at you, sorry about that.
    No worries :)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    MayDay10 wrote:
    jrnyc wrote:
    Implement the Springsteen system. This will:

1) Put the line czars out of business
    2) Give the average, jo schmo a shot at the rail without having to fight the people who follow the band from city to city and live on the sidewalk to get the rail
    3) Eliminate the possibility of another tragedy by stopping a mad rush to the front

Im down with either this, or toss away GA completely.
    GA is amazing. Had the best time of my life last night WITHOUT waiting (getting a number and taking off). GA is here to stay! The band seems to love it. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    ckravitz wrote:
    ckravitz wrote:
    They should put 4 rows of seats in front of the GA section. That will stop this nonsense.

And to the poster that commented about the inevitable violence, I hear you, it's only gonna take one nut job on either side of the issue.

exable

Rotterdam 09..
    we arrrive at the venue...first 50 people are in the 1st to get in..security..the same guy all day for those first 50
    then barriers.,.
    then barriers
    the next 50..

i was at the second team of 50..u could go to pick up food-restroom,pick up tickets etc...

from the moment this shitty list instead of organize things,at usa create more problems then,the security need to organize the whole shit

Oh I totally get it and I am not saying GA can't work, but it's just getting to the point where it seems inevitable that unless SOMETHING is done, we are going to have an incident. Minimizing that possibility is more important than absolutely anything else. The fact that there was (allegedly) some fan screaming at the top of her lungs at people is trouble. If it was a dude, it probably doesn't turn out well.

What's funny is I feel had it been a guy he would have been an "asshole" and security would have been involved.

But since it was a woman the same didn't happen. And yes they were screaming at the top of their lungs for a good while, multiple times.

Many many people were downstairs by the merch booth and everyone was rolling their eyes and just had a general feeling that whoever that was had serious issues.

The Rotterdam situation sounds ideal. My opinion is security should monitor the line and whoever is in line gets in first. No cutting, no skipping, regardless.

It's a shame we had an EPIC show last night and this is what's discussed. How about we talk about the 36 song setlist? 3 hour show?? 4 songs from binaural!! First soon forget In 7 years...

I for one had a blast!
    ckravitz wrote:
    ckravitz wrote:

exable

Rotterdam 09..
    then barriers.,.
    then barriers
    the next 50..

I don't think it's that bad, or at least not from what I've seen myself. Yeah, the list is a mess, but everyone is pretty cool once they get into the pit and leave their insanity at the door.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Here is my secret :)

The whole 6 months since we knew we would be doing these shows, me and Kelly had a plan..

Our plan was to avoid all the line and list hassle...

The whole time we planned to get at the back of the pit (about 1/3 of the floor) dead center.

Last night we walked in and had no problem at all getting dead center, no less than 10-12 people back. Had amazing views, amazing sound, and could see better than if we were in row 2.

Since I have reserved seats for seattle, I suggest some of you try this method. It worked great for us!! And you can avoid the line, the list, and all day waiting.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    [
    I don't think it's that bad, or at least not from what I've seen myself. Yeah, the list is a mess, but everyone is pretty cool once they get into the pit and leave their insanity at the door.
    EXACTLY,,and that the pro right here..people talking about whats going on out of the venue for weeks and not focusing what the fuck is going on INSIDE the venue..and inside shits are epic with probably their best tour ever
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    smanchac1 wrote:
    so proud we dont have this drama at Europe GA shows

for the record,there was a show last night too,its at given to fly forum the saetlist and the reviews..

and it was sooooooooo good...

Same shit happens in Europe.. If Anyone should know this its you.

Happened in Berlin 2012. After that we just started coming later, and still had a great spot.
    this drama????let me know better for europe..
    and i know exactly what happened to berlin 2012..after night 1 ..i can even tell u who did what
    but this drama??hahhaa..atleast security here dont change entrance every half an hour

I'm pretty sure there was a bit of drama though, maybe not to this extent. I didn't do GA for the 2012 shows but I do remember a lot of people complaining about a list and an 'Italian' mafia like thing if I remember correctly.
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    The many past shows that I attended that were reserved, seniority based seating were all pretty spectacular. GA fans got their wish this past tour. Hopefully the band reverts back. Just think of my membership number as me getting in GA line outside the venue, the night before the show...just metaphorically. :D
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    Noload wrote:
    The many past shows that I attended that were reserved, seniority based seating were all pretty spectacular. GA fans got their wish this past tour. Hopefully the band reverts back. Just think of my membership number as me getting in GA line outside the venue, the night before the show...just metaphorically. :D
    I doubt they will. The band really looks like they are digging having a pit.
    I just don't understand why these listers bother. It's like they have OCD or something. Everyone who shows up even half an hour before doors gets an amazing spot.
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Noload wrote:
    I just don't understand why these listers bother. It's like they have OCD or something. Everyone who shows up even half an hour before doors gets an amazing spot.

yeah...in the pit you are at most you are what? 10-12 "rows" back from the stage

We get all caught up in the list and forget that once inside the building, GA rocks!
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Noload wrote:

I doubt they will too. I'm outnumbered for sure.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    smanchac1 wrote:

I know I quoted you but wasn't directing that at you, sorry about that.
    No worries :)

Cool, no worries here either.

• High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    The people with the numbers on their hands seem to be acting like f'n children.

Hearing about the "rail" is now the most annoying thing to hear from these fans.

I just don't understand the mentality of the "the rail" entitlement. It is so funny that the original tour email said "Because the entire GA section is fan club only, there is no need for early entry" and yet people line up before the sunrise instead to waste their vacation with a number on their hand. The part I don't understand is why you would go through all this effort when you can show up when the doors open or maybe even after they open and get like 3 people from the front. If you people didn't line up all dang day, and everyone just showed up when the doors open, you might still be able to get the rail. It's craziness thanks to like 100 people or whatever it is that makes up the front row.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Noload wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Noload wrote:

you're not as outnumbered as you think
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762

That's because they are. They feel like they deserve everything handed to them without working for it.

I can't believe ANYBODY agrees to that number BS.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    So the guy Curly is part of the problem with the list. Not attacking him, but the process. So because he is a nice guy and big fan, he deserves to be dead center near the rail. No one in this fan club deserves anything! Most of us have been long time fans. Same bullshit different day. This GA process is flawed. Someone will always try to take advantage of the process. Unless there are specific rules that no one can break.
    Just be happy attending a great show from an awesome band! Who fucking gives a shit about the drama. :fp: There are soooooo much more important things in life to worry about. :)
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    know1 wrote:

That's because they are. They feel like they deserve everything handed to them without working for it.

I can't believe ANYBODY agrees to that number BS.

Most of the people with numbers on their hands do not know that the process isn't legit.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • I'm already in line for the next Philly show...anyone have a date? Hoping I packed enough undies

I have started a GA list for St Louis, Kansas City, Memphis, Louisville, Chicago, and the next Seattle show. I am #1 on all of them, does anyone else wish to sigh up. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I'm already in line for the next Philly show...anyone have a date? Hoping I packed enough undies

I have started a GA list for St Louis, Kansas City, Memphis, Louisville, Chicago, and the next Seattle show. I am #1 on all of them, does anyone else wish to sigh up. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The GA line for Fenway next summer started the day after the World Series ended.

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I want to hear more about this crazy bitch who was shouting orders at the line like a Nazi. :corn:
  • PP193448 wrote:
    So the guy Curly is part of the problem with the list. Not attacking him, but the process. So because he is a nice guy and big fan, he deserves to be dead center near the rail. No one in this fan club deserves anything! Most of us have been long time fans. Same bullshit different day. This GA process is flawed. Someone will always try to take advantage of the process. Unless there are specific rules that no one can break.
    Just be happy attending a great show from an awesome band! Who fucking gives a shit about the drama. :fp: There are soooooo much more important things in life to worry about. :)

100000000% agree, it is not about the rail, it is about the show. Boycott the list, damn the who ever man.
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

Hearing about the "rail" is now the most annoying thing to hear from these fans.

I just don't understand the mentality of the "the rail" entitlement. It is so funny that the original tour email said "Because the entire GA section is fan club only, there is no need for early entry" and yet people line up before the sunrise instead to waste their vacation with a number on their hand. The part I don't understand is why you would go through all this effort when you can show up when the doors open or maybe even after they open and get like 3 people from the front. If you people didn't line up all dang day, and everyone just showed up when the doors open, you might still be able to get the rail. It's craziness thanks to like 100 people or whatever it is that makes up the front row.

Because they want a pick, tambourine or setlist from the band.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • eddiec wrote:
    I want to hear more about this crazy bitch who was shouting orders at the line like a Nazi. :corn:

Need to start a thread for craziest GA/list story.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    what if security checked for numbers on hands and made them go to the back of the line?
    did you see me? i saw you.
    eddiec wrote:

Need to start a thread for craziest GA/list story.

In all these threads on this topic have we heard from anyone who admits to running the list? I am curious to hear from the horse's mouth if they agree or disagree that rampant abuse is taking place.

shortstack wrote:
    Noload wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

you're not as outnumbered as you think
    Doesn't really matter who has the numbers. The band likes it. But seriously, when you see the excitement and joy in the pit and the higher level of energy it brings to the band, why would anyone want to get rid of it, even if they.... what? Can't stand for 3 or 4 hours I guess??