vancouver = WORST ga lineup organization

Comments

• jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    edited December 2013
    kc007 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Some chick was shrieking at the top of her lungs and bossing people around - there were several comments about how people wanted to punch her or gag her... it was very unpleasant for those 45 minutes before doors opened. wtf. ridiculous.

:lol:

why hasnt pj/venue security stepped in to do something about these idiots? If you leave the line, you should have to go to the back once you return
    Ppl have to take food/bathroom/ticket breaks, but they should not take off for most of the day. And there should be at least your ticket buddy holding your spot when you do leave. Taking off together is just bad manners. If you can't stand in line, then don't. Just don't think you are going to cut off all the ppl that did wait.

Human behavior is fascinating to observe when it comes to these shows. You see some truly bizarre stuff.

bathroom breaks are perfectly understandable, and like you said just as long as your ticket buddy sticks around on line, there should be no problem. its the leaving all day and coming back "im entitled to stand in front of where you have been standing all day just because i have a bumber on my hand" attitude that is complete bs. These people sound like such animals
    Post edited by jimbojones1138 on
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    1) you're a fool if you wait all day in line to get into a GA show
    2) there are no rules or priority for GA. Just b/c you chose to freeze your ass off does not mean someone else has to respect it. Its a GA show
    3) Nobody is above an ass whipping, if somebody is extremely rude or pissed drunk, punch em !

1) That's how it works
    2) Yes, there are rules. GA <> anarchy
    3) fine
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    bring back reserved seating. obviously pearl jam fans aren't mature enough to handle standing in line to earn their spot where they desire once in the venue.
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    my friend and I got #17 and 18 at 9am in OK city...
    we came back at 515pm and kinda non chelont made our way past the 100+ people to the front of the line...
    it was pure luck and I got the rail between ed and stone... was my 14th show since 95' and I'm pretty sure it will be my one and only time ever being that close...

I'm so thankful of the Number system but did hear a lot of people noting they knew nothing about it...
    and quite frankly,... I was amazed they even let us up to the front before the doors opened...
    granite we were being extremely friendly,...but if people would have said "no way, back of the line"...
    I would have gone to the back and not been upset at all...
    the internet has so much good to offer, but just as much bad as well and evil as well...
    so for people not "in the know" or don't live "on line" I give them much respect....
    and the end of the day,... I think I have to agree with the first come first serve policy...
    specially when tix are sold....someday I hope it goes back to half the tickets are printed up and sold at the venue in a first come first serve on a particular Saturday morning......that would be a dream though...

I read other's and keep an open mind on this....as I can totally see both sides also...
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    We showed up around 2:45 and there were about 20 people actually waiting but 80 on the list. We didn't want to deal with it, came back right at 6:30 as the doors opened and I ended up just to the right of eddie with about 4 people in front of me (maybe 2 or 3 by the first encore as the crowd shuffled a bit). It was a really good spot so I don't regret not dealing with the number lineup/bs.. lol.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rival. wrote:
    bring back reserved seating. obviously pearl jam fans aren't mature enough to handle standing in line to earn their spot where they desire once in the venue.
    :clap::clap:
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Every morning after a show, I come here expecting to read about the first Pearl Jam GA line stabbing.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    "When the chips are down, these uh, these civilized people, they'll eat each other."
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    So basically some people take pride in getting their name on 'the list', taking off all day and coming back at show time.

This is why I people watch on here and Facebook... I take note on who I will never share a spare GA ticket with...
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    "General Admission Lineup Organization"

Talk about an oxymoron!

You guys can keep GA. Put me near the soundboard. Every venue sounds best standing next to the guy who is controlling the sound.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • luismota123luismota123 Posts: 161
    edited December 2013
    Simple enough solution: No notebook and every entrance should open at the same time, then a mad dash to the GA section. That is how Red Rocks does it. Put some work into getting front row.

Talk about lazy, what's next OpenTable type app where all you do is check in on your phone, don't even have to show up to the venue, that's why there's a reserved section.
    Or maybe a GA line valet service, pay someone to wait in line for you. Effing ridiculous!! :fp:
    Post edited by luismota123 on
  • curly wrote:
    we came back at 515pm and kinda non chelont made our way past the 100+ people to the front of the line...
    it was pure luck and I got the rail between ed and stone... was my 14th show since 95' and I'm pretty sure it will be my one and only time ever being that close...

I'm so thankful of the Number system but did hear a lot of people noting they knew nothing about it...
    and quite frankly,... I was amazed they even let us up to the front before the doors opened...
    granite we were being extremely friendly,...but if people would have said "no way, back of the line"...
    the internet has so much good to offer, but just as much bad as well and evil as well...
    so for people not "in the know" or don't live "on line" I give them much respect....
    and the end of the day,... I think I have to agree with the first come first serve policy...
    specially when tix are sold....someday I hope it goes back to half the tickets are printed up and sold at the venue in a first come first serve on a particular Saturday morning......that would be a dream though...

I read other's and keep an open mind on this....as I can totally see both sides also...

Wow. Really? Touched the spot at 9am and enjoyed your day till 5:15pm, and on here to brag of it? okkkkk
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Ive seen pictures, youtube videos, and twitter posts and its some of the same fuckn people on the rail show after show.

G-R-E-E-D..... G-R-E-E-D
    actually, i hope they keep GA.

all you animals will still put it as your first preference during the 10c lottery sale, i will put reserved seating as my first preference and be pretty much guaranteed tickets, great seating side stage, and i will be able to walk into the venue at 8pm headache and confrontation free and without dealing with the nut jobs holding a notebook and a black sharpie :)
  • halvhalv Posts: 675
    After 2 hours waiting for merch and tickets earlier in the day, we were frozen and decided to come back later. We did not mark a number on our hand. Got back to the venue at 5:45pm to join the GA line. The people in my area were all having a good laugh at the lady screaming instructions to everyone. We all assumed it was one of the line nazis. Everyone in my area of the line were in great moods and excited for the show. No line number bs to deal with. Upon entering the venue I found it to be a fairly organized line to get down to the floor. No pushing or shoving. Very respectful. We casually walked onto the floor and ended up second row in front of Jeff's mic.

Don't get caught up in all the line bullshit. Show up a bit later and you'll still have a great spot.
    curly wrote:

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever fucking read.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    curly wrote:

And this is why I am 100% against the list system.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV wrote:
    curly wrote:

And this is why I am 100% against the list system.
    I'm amazed that this person used the words pure luck. Pure luck has nothing to do with that fucking method.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    so proud we dont have this drama at Europe GA shows

for the record,there was a show last night too,its at given to fly forum the saetlist and the reviews..

and it was sooooooooo good...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810

for the record,there was a show last night too,its at given to fly forum the saetlist and the reviews..

I wish I could have stayed awake to follow along on FB. :D

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV wrote:

I wish I could have stayed awake to follow along on FB. :D
    hahaha..thats thread at facebook was so funny last night..good times
    and seattle one is already on..hahahhaha epic
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • so proud we dont have this drama at Europe GA shows

I just think that "we", as USA Pearl Jam fans, are not used to GA. I think list and lining up situation is crap, but it makes for a good crowd. I think we will get better as time goes on if we continue to have GA. Personally, I like it, even with the drama. So I don't get on the rail...I am still never more than 10 rows back...and that is freaking amazing!!!
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    Why don't they do a lottery system for the GA like they do for everything else? Say 100 people get randomly picked with a # when they pick up their tickets and are given a pass and those people can go in first? You know with PJ, its all about timing and the luck of the draw :D Buffalo GA was a complete disaster and became a shit-show when people were allowed to stampede into smaller lines as we got closer....it was like being in a funnel. It was absolutely frustrating to be in line all day, towards the front, only to be stuck in the line with the one security guard who took her job seriously as you watch helplessly as others behind you moved ahead... And what about those of us that ended up going to shows alone?..unless you make good with someone to hold your spot and you make sure to pee beforehand, you are absolutely screwed....I should have brought a kid :lol: But like someone previously had said, I've been to a Springsteen show and that seems to be the fairest way to go about things
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    They should put 4 rows of seats in front of the GA section. That will stop this nonsense.

And to the poster that commented about the inevitable violence, I hear you, it's only gonna take one nut job on either side of the issue.
  • smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256

Same shit happens in Europe.. If Anyone should know this its you.

Happened in Berlin 2012. After that we just started coming later, and still had a great spot.
    smanchac1 wrote:

Same shit happens in Europe.. If Anyone should know this its you.

Happened in Berlin 2012. After that we just started coming later, and still had a great spot.
    this drama????let me know better for europe..
    and i know exactly what happened to berlin 2012..after night 1 ..i can even tell u who did what
    but this drama??hahhaa..atleast security here dont change entrance every half an hour
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    LloydXmas wrote:
    The people with the numbers on their hands seem to be acting like f'n children.

Hearing about the "rail" is now the most annoying thing to hear from these fans.
    Gotta get those picks and tambourines. This place has gone fucking crazy

Yeah, last night Ed didn't even play the tambourines. He just threw them out during Ledbetter. Very strange. "Well, I guess it is that time in the show to throw out tambourines."
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Got to show around 8 pm. Walked into 3rd row deep right in front of Mike. Fuckin awsome! Too easy.
    Yeah, last night Ed didn't even play the tambourines. He just threw them out during Ledbetter. Very strange. "Well, I guess it is that time in the show to throw out tambourines."

:lol::lol:
    ckravitz wrote:
    They should put 4 rows of seats in front of the GA section. That will stop this nonsense.

And to the poster that commented about the inevitable violence, I hear you, it's only gonna take one nut job on either side of the issue.
    why?cos fans acting like animals??no..they sould organize that shit..

exable

Rotterdam 09..
    we arrrive at the venue...first 50 people are in the 1st to get in..security..the same guy all day for those first 50
    then barriers.,.
    the next 50 behind them,same security guy
    then barriers
    the next 50..

i was at the second team of 50..u could go to pick up food-restroom,pick up tickets etc...
    and you could get into your spot,no pro..

mike side,rail..no problems at all

from the moment this shitty list instead of organize things,at usa create more problems then,the security need to organize the whole shit