Options

*** Spokane Fanviews Here 11/30/13 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
edited January 2014 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Spokane Arena
Spokane, WA
Nov. 30, 2013
Set List

Opening Band: Mudhoney

01. Pendulum-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
02. Release
03. Sirens-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”) [no outro sing along]
04. Corduroy
05. Once

(“Well, it is really happening. We are all here in the 509. We will thank everyone involved in putting this together later but the one guy we should thank now, the guy who came up with the idea and worked to make it happen. That’s Jeff Ament. He really put this together.” Ed reaches for a bottle of wine but says, “That’s a Portland bottle of wine. Since this is Washington State and we haven’t played here since ’92 or ’93 we are gonna need something bigger to last the night.” He then pulls out an enormous bottle of wine. “This is what you need. A glass in every sip. I will be sharing this later..I can probably reach to sixth row with it.”)

06. Lightning Bolt-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(during the song Mike runs laps around the stage and at the outro Ed stands on Matt’s drum riser and plays to the people in the back)
07. Mind Your Manners-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
08. Faithfull
09. Tremor Christ

(Ed picks up his giant wine bottle and says “I would like to raise a little toast to one of the greatest bands to ever come out of the Northwest, Mudhoney! It seems like we should have done this together in ’92 or ’93 but we are making up for it now.)

10. Even Flow (while Mike is soloing Ed goes over to stage left and pours some wine from is gigantic bottle for people and visits with Steve Gleason)
11. Getaway-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)

(I don’t know if you’ve seen it or if some of you lived it but we got turned onto a documentary called “SpokAnarchy”. We didn’t know that there was anything like that going on over here then. But we loved that film and if you were in it we want to say hello.)

12. Present Tense
(some in the crowd begin chanting for Stone. Ed says “He is a great friend, a great guitar player and has great solo albums but there is no way he is going to sing a song on this. I know because every night I ask him if he wants to sing and he says no. You wanna sing one right now? Stone smiles and says something off mic to Ed. Ed says Stone says he isn’t ready to slay that dragon but the gauntlet has been thrown. Stone laughs and the crowd chants even louder. “I think he is feeling the pressure,” Ed says, “it might happen tonight. Anytime.”

13. Swallowed Whole-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
14. Daughter
(Ed sees a sign that says Jeremy Spokane class today. A guy has a sign that says he will shave his head if they play that song. Ed asks to see the person to make sure they have hair. The have very long dreadlocks. Ed thinks that he has probably been thinking about cutting them off for awhile and just wanted to do something dramatic.
He then talks about the influence Lou Reed had on he and the band. “It was music that made you feel like you had taken drugs.”)

15. After Hours-(Reed)
16. Let The Records Play-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(this one is for the serious collector)
17. Push Me, Pull Me
18. Jeremy
19. Do The Evolution
20. Porch (no globes but Ed does reflect a spot light off his pick guard into the audience)

Encore Break
(Ed tells the crowd, who have been holding up cell phones like lighters, that they look like a giant birthday cake. He then picks up an enormous joint someone has thrown up on stage. He notes, “It has writing on it, that’s how big it is...‘rock and fucking roll’, ‘Spokane loves Pearl Jam’. “Well thank you!. Back in ’92 this would have lasted me weeks. Nowadays, not so much. This is a one hitter.” He has someone in the audience throw him a lighter.
He tells the audience that they have a friend here tonight that helped write the set list. “Tonight’s set list was written by Mr. Steve Gleason.” The audience chants for Steve.
“This one, I think applies to Mr. Steve Gleason”

21. I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty)
(“This is another one that Steve picked out and features Mr. Mike McCready and was written Jeff Ament. I would like to welcome the people from Big Sandy, like half the town came out.. that is like eleven people.”)

22. Nothing As It Seems
23. Footsteps

(“I would like to dedicate this next one to the person that threw that big fat joint up on stage. Oh, and Mr. Haircut Guy, you should start making your way over here. Look for a guy that really needs a haircut and put him in a cage and hang onto him until we figure out what we are gonna do. Maybe we should spay him as long as we have him. Or is it neuter? which one is which?” )

24. Severed Hand
(“Since you have elected him Stone is gonna sing one for you.” Stone greets the audience and asks them to applaud for Ed who never gets a shout out even though he gives them out all the time.
Ed jokingly offers to hold the lyric sheet for Stone and eventually gets him a music stand. Stone continues with saying that if it weren’t for Ed they wouldn’t be where they are today. Ed has carried them on his back. Stone decides that Matt also is carries the band. Ed says it is the audience is the reason they are here today)

25. Don’t Gimme No Lip

(Dreadlock guy comes up on stage and mentions they are professional and reminds the audience of the time they shaved off someone’s mullet. Once they see dreadlock guy Ed has second thoughts because the dreads are so long. Jeff exclaims “that is like twenty years!”
Dreadlock guy wants to headbang one last time to “Brain Of J” before shaving off the hair. The band plays the song. During the song Ed starts shaving. When the song is over the band plays a blues jam while Ed continues to shave the guy.

26. Brain Of J/Dread Shave Blues Jam (Ed has trouble getting through the last dread)

(“This is the first song of your head banging without all the weight”)

27. Go
28. Black
29. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 2

(Ed talks about his friend Bob Whittaker and the Rail Trail project. He encourages people in Spokane to protect the environment and replace or run for city council so they can look after environment)

30. Given To Fly (Ed sings part from Matt’s drum riser and Mike plays guitar on stage left facing Steve Gleason)

(All right, Mr. Steve Gleason is still playing DJ for us up here.)

31. Eruption-(Van Halen)
32. Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love-(Anthony, Roth, Van Halen, Van Halen)
33. Alive
34. Yellow Ledbetter (Mike plays the end of the solo standing in front of Steve Gleason

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Awesome!
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Holy fucking shit balls!!!

EPIC

Stone singing Don't Gimme No Lip

more later!

:mrgreen::D:mrgreen::D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Unforgettable night! Pleased with the additions to my collection. :D
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,901
    Dread Shave Blues :lol:

Worth buying the boot for that one alone :lol:
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Sounds like everyone had a great time. What a great thing PJ has done for Steve Gleason tonight. Words cant express how great these guys are.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Wow, what a set! :shock:

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    You forgot one of the most important quotes of the nights. "see you next year" (to Spokane!) I am holding him to it.
    2005, 2006, 2013

Hello Tom, Come Down Tom.
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 577
    Another incredible set list!

I'm desperate for PJ to come to Europe next year, pleeeease!
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,492
    Wow! That looks like a crazy crazy night.

They owe Hartford an explanation for the ain't talkin though. That was our song. They can make it up to us for playing it somewhere else by coming back next year.
  • Options
    WSUFreakWSUFreak Posts: 122
    Awesome show. Fun GO COUGS chant after the Gleason introduction. Had a blast in the GA Pit.

GO COUGS
  • Options
    http://i.imgur.com/eMn3G2u.jpg

What a moment....
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Sounds like a great party.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    More tomorrow. Holy shit. That was awesome.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    Dont post a lot. Been to 7 east coast shows and 4 this far out west and tonight is why i do what i do.
    They are the most unique band ever. Their talent combined w compassion (gleason) is unparalelled in amy artistic forum as far as im concerned. Its beyond endearing. I am proud to consider myself a part of it all.
    Btw i met the dude who got the haircut and he was awesome. It just never ends.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    wow :shock: wish I was there
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    what he said ^^
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    hmmm.... don't gimme no lip. Spokane, indeed.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Holy fucking shit balls!!!

EPIC

Stone singing Don't Gimme No Lip

more later!

:mrgreen::D:mrgreen::D

:shock: What a f'kin night and setlist! Stone's the man! Dread Shave Blues! Push/Pull!! Tremor Christ! :clap:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    edited December 2013
    32. Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love-(Anthony, Roth, Van Halen, Van Halen)

:nono: :nono:

I'll only accept this because Gleason wrote it in.
    Post edited by LloydXmas on
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 645
    And there it is...Push Me, Fucking Pull Me.
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    what a show. leaving Spokane now for seattle but wanted to say what a fukin performance. Steve setlists are really special. Cant wait for Vancouver and Seattle.

Being from Connecticut I kinda wanted it to stay "our" thing (cosa nostra) but hey, why not share the wealth with others less fortunate. :P

I am a three timer when it comes to Aint talkin. :o

Thanks guys
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    best encore 1 for years.,..unreal..wow,wow

thanks Sea
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I'm guessing Steve doesn't like backspacer eh?? Lol 0-34 on the night haha
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    wow, awesome set list. add another bootleg to my wishlist ;)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 276
    Fuck me what a night. I want a blu ray of this night let alone a bootleg. I just wanna say me and Claire enjoyed meeting Shaun and Nicole in the pit and also terry and Kelly in the burger bar, you guys were great and enjoy Seattle!!
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    That sounds like a ridiculously fun show.

My 1st show was Detroit '98, and Ed did indeed cut off someone's mullet onstage. For the record.

cheers
  • Options
    FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
    This is exactly why ppl travel from show to show... the experiences are those that you'll talk about for the rest of your life.
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
  • Options
    FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
    This is exactly why ppl travel from show to show... the experiences are those that you'll talk about for the rest of your life.
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    :shock:
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    http://i.imgur.com/nFqdI2B.jpg

That's one hell of a joint.