Options

*** Spokane Fanviews Here 11/30/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    llessuRllessuR Posts: 195
    I was finally able to compose my thoughts and get them onto paper last night.
    You can check out a rather lengthy review of the Spokane show I wrote for Audiohammock here:
    http://www.audiohammock.com/pearljamspokane1.php

Also, we were able to get a photo pass so we got some great shots of the band during the first three songs. A few are posted on the article and I will try to get all of them up on Imgur.

Thanks again Pearl Jam, Steve Gleason, the crew, and the PJ community for such a wonderful occasion. I celebrated life fully that night and will be high on life for days to come.
    http://www.audiohammock.com - Rock, Indie, and Electronic reviews, news, and the AudioHammock podcast.
    Favorite Albums of 2014 Article
    -Gorge 2005
    -Bonnaroo 2008
    -Key Arena 1 & 2 2009
    -Spokane 2013
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    loved the setlist..the crowd...not so much. No energy, no singing along, no dancing, no jumping (besides the fight in the pit). Tried to make conversation, but they were not friendly.

Great to finally meet a Kiwi and a really sweet Canadian. :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    loved the setlist..the crowd...not so much. No energy, no singing along, no dancing, no jumping (besides the fight in the pit). Tried to make conversation, but they were not friendly.

I made lots of friends that night, from all over, really. Both in line and in the crowd. We danced and sang our asses off, too.
  • Options
    Ezo5000Ezo5000 Posts: 155
    RKCNDY wrote:

I made lots of friends that night, from all over, really. Both in line and in the crowd. We danced and sang our asses off, too.

Must not have been in the same building as us. People that had great time 11, 999, those who didn't 1.
  • Options
    Ezo5000 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Must not have been in the same building as us. People that had great time 11, 999, those who didn't 1.

I met a lady outside of the arena who told me she was disappointed they didn't play more of the earlier stuff. I'm pretty sure they played around 80% of Ten and I wanted to tell her she was crazy.
    http://www.audiohammock.com - Rock, Indie, and Electronic reviews, news, and the AudioHammock podcast.
    -Gorge 2005
    -Bonnaroo 2008
    -Key Arena 1 & 2 2009
    -Spokane 2013
  • Options
    Anybody get the dread dude's name? Our local news wants to talk with him.
    . . . and in the aching night under satellites, I was not received. --CC
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    My homeboi made an appearance on his 20th birthday because of Steve Gleason's awesome taste.

Thank you Steve!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

Awww Lisa hun I am gonna have to disagree. Our section rocked hard. I hope you and I get to rock together one day :D

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 276
    RKCNDY wrote:

Eh? Dunno where you were but our section on Stone's side was absolutely rocking!
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Had a great time! I thought the crowd was great and was singing along loudly. I was on the floor in GA though, so it might have been that all of the sound was directed at me. It seemed like the band was having fun too and that always makes the shows worth going to.
  • Options
    I attended both the Oakland and Spokane shows and really enjoyed both shows. For me, the most powerful moment of those shows is EV's acoustic version of I Won't Back Down - simple and heartfelt. He captured the audience. Yet, the focus was on Steve Gleason. Very memorable for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms8KPCplayQ
  • Options
    I have seen them over 25 times over two decades in many countries and US cities,....that was near the top of them all....absolutely spectacular energy...Ed was the most pumped I have ever seen him...great energy Spokane!! lets see what happens in Seattle in two nights! PJ is genuinely one of the greatest rock bands of all time and this show exemplified why! Rock on PJ fans--you are the best!
  • Options
    If anyone happens to see a video for Tremor Christ from this show on youtube, could you post the link? Thanks!

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Spokane...?.?.. I never would have thought that after seeing the band so many times I have long lost count, that the show in Spokane would remain in my mind as the best I have ever attended. I waited a few days to consider if the euphoric feeling I left the small arena with remained . Indeed. after four days... It IS In my thoughts the most well rounded, perfectly executed and, most importantly, passionate performance I can recall. I remain so proud of our local boys that have spread so much love, compassion, and energy to everyone in Seattle and around the planet.... STILL ALIVE ! :!:
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    bluzebear wrote:
    Spokane...?.?.. I never would have thought that after seeing the band so many times I have long lost count, that the show in Spokane would remain in my mind as the best I have ever attended. I waited a few days to consider if the euphoric feeling I left the small arena with remained . Indeed. after four days... It IS In my thoughts the most well rounded, perfectly executed and, most importantly, passionate performance I can recall. I remain so proud of our local boys that have spread so much love, compassion, and energy to everyone in Seattle and around the planet.... STILL ALIVE ! :!:

THIS ;)
  • Options
    Yes WayYes Way Posts: 453
    This.
    tb189248 wrote:
    I have seen them over 25 times over two decades in many countries and US cities,....that was near the top of them all....absolutely spectacular energy...Ed was the most pumped I have ever seen him...great energy Spokane!! lets see what happens in Seattle in two nights! PJ is genuinely one of the greatest rock bands of all time and this show exemplified why! Rock on PJ fans--you are the best!

And This.
    bluzebear wrote:

I really loved this show.
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
  • Options
    KM206988KM206988 Denver, CO Posts: 28
    Still trying to wrap my head around how amazing this show was. I brought my best friend to Spokane for her first PJ show and I couldn't have asked for a better show to devirginize her! She joined 10c as soon as she got home and we're both jonesing to go to more shows together already. Simply amazing crowd, incredible energy, and topped off with a gem of a setlist. Just breathtaking.
    Sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky _.. a human being that was given to fly _..
  • Options
    This was my girlfriends first show as well, and she was absolutely blown away! From Steve Gleason's setlist to the Dreadlock Jam/ haircut, this is one I will never forget. We drove down from Calgary and would do it again in a heartbeat. They need a Gorge show this summer!!
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Wow, Push Me Pull Me played 12 times. What?!?! Don't Gimmie No lip only played 10 times now! woot! Thoroughly enjoyed them both!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    after Portland, I was not sure how this show would top that. but it did and 10 fold!

the chant to get Stone to sing was right next to me, and as many of us did, we joined in. sure glad we did! :D

thinking about this show still gives me the chills! so many highlights! song after song, after song,after song i was blown away! just amazing!!!

i had an EPIC weekend!

Thanks to all me friends at the shows, you guys helped make this, one of the greatest times in my life!

Thank You, Pearl Jam

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    This show was so special. What a great vibe all around inside the venue before the show even started.....absolutely loved spokane. :)
  • Options
    A week later and I'm still not over it. Been listening to the band and random boots all week. This boot can't come out soon enough! Nothing As It Seems and Footsteps made my night, if not year.
    -Gorge 2005
    -Bonnaroo 2008
    -Key Arena 1 & 2 2009
    -Spokane 2013
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    It was the best of the four I attended on leg 2. (Portland, Spokane, Vanvouver, Seattle) They were all UNREAL but somebody had to be the winner. :)

whodathunkit, phukin spokane.

Thanks Band and thank you Mr. Gleason.
  • Options
    Yes WayYes Way Posts: 453
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    after Portland, I was not sure how this show would top that. but it did and 10 fold!

the chant to get Stone to sing was right next to me, and as many of us did, we joined in. sure glad we did! :D

thinking about this show still gives me the chills! so many highlights! song after song, after song,after song i was blown away! just amazing!!!

i had an EPIC weekend!

Thanks to all me friends at the shows, you guys helped make this, one of the greatest times in my life!

Thank You, Pearl Jam

I was right there also. I wonder who you are...

Also, the Portland/Spokane combo was fantastic. I also saw Oakland and Seattle, but those shows are 3 and 4 compared to these two. I love this band.
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
  • Options
    KM206988KM206988 Denver, CO Posts: 28
    This was my girlfriends first show as well, and she was absolutely blown away! From Steve Gleason's setlist to the Dreadlock Jam/ haircut, this is one I will never forget. We drove down from Calgary and would do it again in a heartbeat. They need a Gorge show this summer!!

I second the Gorge show! They can light up any stage, but nothing quite comes close to Pearl Jam rocking the Gorge.
    Sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky _.. a human being that was given to fly _..
  • Options
    jozwalesjozwales Yorktown, Virginia Posts: 1
    This was an amazing show! I've seen PJ 18 times dating back to the Denver show in 1998. I followed them around the NW US on the 2000 tour, followed them around Europe for a month on the 2010 tour, and also went to the infamous Missoula show last year. That one felt like they were playing in someones living room. But this show...this show was as good as any show I've ever seen. The entire band was on fire. They sounded incredible, the setlist was excellent, and they all looked like they were having a great time.

I shot a video of the Brain of J / Dreadlock Guy moment from stage center in the front of the pit. Check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjdOV8g24mQ

Cheers!
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    After attending the Pearl Jam show in Spokane my friend and I sat down to recap the event in our weekly music podcast. Well we ended up talking about Pearl Jam for more than an hour! We hope you will check out this week's AudioHammock podcast, properly named, "The Pearl Jam Episode." You can grab it on iTunes, Stitcher, or via link below to our website. Cheers!

We meticulously go over the setlist, Brain of J guy, Push Me Pull Me, Don't Gimme No Lip, and more.

http://www.audiohammock.com/podcasts.php
    -Gorge 2005
    -Bonnaroo 2008
    -Key Arena 1 & 2 2009
    -Spokane 2013
  • Options
    Awesome !!!