Options

*** Spokane Fanviews Here 11/30/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    Holy Shit Spokane thats some setlist :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::sick:

Seeing all these great setlists is killing me please come to europe sooooon!
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    NAIS was absolutely perfect. I'm still on a high from this show. Holy crap!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,367

WOW :shock:

I love this band.
  • Options
    dismantled_womandismantled_woman Posts: 6
    edited December 2013
    I met some great Ten Clubbers on the floor last night from Minnesota. We were supposed to exchange emails to get videos/pictures from each other, but at the end of the show I was too busy looking for my STOLEN PJ shirt to get contact info. If you know the two men from our "safety circle" or if you are them, hit me up!

What an amazing show!
    Post edited by dismantled_woman on
  • Options
    Ha! Ha! Holy crap that guy had a goddamn alien living on his head.

Joking aside respect to the guy.

I wouldnt want to be standing next to him when he was headbanging, serious wiplash :D
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353

Awesome! And looked like a great set list!
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Ha! Ha! Holy crap that guy had a goddamn alien living on his head.

Joking aside respect to the guy.

I wouldnt want to be standing next to him when he was headbanging, serious wiplash :D

:shock: no doubt!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    awesome setlist...another great job by gleason
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    Here is our photo review from the fun Spokane show. Eddie Vedder is a barber!

http://www.6000footdrop.com/6000-foot-d ... arber.html
  • Options
    I met some great Ten Clubbers on the floor last night from Minnesota. We were supposed to exchange emails to get videos/pictures from each other, but at the end of the show I was too busy looking for my STOLEN PJ shirt to get contact info. If you know the two men from our "safety circle" or if you are them, hit me up!

What an amazing show!
    Hey there! I was one of girls in our circle of trust! If the Minnesota guys contact you, pm me. I have some pics I can send you too. Pm me. Sorry about your shirt. My friend and I were talking about that this morning. Pretty awful.

Epic show. Unforgettable night!
    Nature has its own religion...
  • Options
    elahwelahw Posts: 61
    What a fun night! The pit was a little rough at the start, but everyone seemed to calm down and respect space after a few songs. Some of the highlights to me were Tremor Christ, Stone singing Don't gimme no lip, and the Brain of J barbershop! Also, I got Jeff's sweatband! A great night! Now if we could just get through the traffic getting over he pass!! Ready for Seattle!!!!
  • Options
    I am going to Vancouver for work and I got lucky and it lined up with the show. Since I am working I may be cutting it close time wise. What time has Mudhoney and than PJ been hitting the stage?
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    sweetspot wrote:

Thanks!

Loved reading your euro blogs last year..
    Doing Vancouver and Seattle also?

:)
  • Options
    What a fantastic night. It was my brother's second show (Wrigley was his first, believe it or not) and my 16th, and this night didn't disappoint. My brother and I were the ones who started the Stone chant and the ensuing "Let Stone Sing" movement in the GA. Glad to see everyone rally to the cause and show some love for the man. He really brought it tonight. Epic show!
  • Options
    Thank you PJ for playing Spokane!! I was so happy to be there and to witness what will become known as the "Severed Hair" event. Thank you again Jeff and the band. I'm also a MT refugee.
    Sea wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    Spokane Arena
    Spokane, WA
    Nov. 30, 2013
    Set List

Opening Band: Mudhoney

01. Pendulum-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
    02. Release
    03. Sirens-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”) [no outro sing along]
    04. Corduroy
    05. Once

(“Well, it is really happening. We are all here in the 509. We will thank everyone involved in putting this together later but the one guy we should thank now, the guy who came up with the idea and worked to make it happen. That’s Jeff Ament. He really put this together.” Ed reaches for a bottle of wine but says, “That’s a Portland bottle of wine. Since this is Washington State and we haven’t played here since ’92 or ’93 we are gonna need something bigger to last the night.” He then pulls out an enormous bottle of wine. “This is what you need. A glass in every sip. I will be sharing this later..I can probably reach to sixth row with it.”)

06. Lightning Bolt-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
    (during the song Mike runs laps around the stage and at the outro Ed stands on Matt’s drum riser and plays to the people in the back)
    07. Mind Your Manners-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
    08. Faithfull
    09. Tremor Christ

(Ed picks up his giant wine bottle and says “I would like to raise a little toast to one of the greatest bands to ever come out of the Northwest, Mudhoney! It seems like we should have done this together in ’92 or ’93 but we are making up for it now.)

10. Even Flow (while Mike is soloing Ed goes over to stage left and pours some wine from is gigantic bottle for people and visits with Steve Gleason)
    11. Getaway-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)

(I don’t know if you’ve seen it or if some of you lived it but we got turned onto a documentary called “SpokAnarchy”. We didn’t know that there was anything like that going on over here then. But we loved that film and if you were in it we want to say hello.)

12. Present Tense
    (some in the crowd begin chanting for Stone. Ed says “He is a great friend, a great guitar player and has great solo albums but there is no way he is going to sing a song on this. I know because every night I ask him if he wants to sing and he says no. You wanna sing one right now? Stone smiles and says something off mic to Ed. Ed says Stone says he isn’t ready to slay that dragon but the gauntlet has been thrown. Stone laughs and the crowd chants even louder. “I think he is feeling the pressure,” Ed says, “it might happen tonight. Anytime.”

13. Swallowed Whole-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
    14. Daughter
    (Ed sees a sign that says Jeremy Spokane class today. A guy has a sign that says he will shave his head if they play that song. Ed asks to see the person to make sure they have hair. The have very long dreadlocks. Ed thinks that he has probably been thinking about cutting them off for awhile and just wanted to do something dramatic.
    He then talks about the influence Lou Reed had on he and the band. “It was music that made you feel like you had taken drugs.”)

15. After Hours-(Reed)
    16. Let The Records Play-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
    (this one is for the serious collector)
    17. Push Me, Pull Me
    18. Jeremy
    19. Do The Evolution
    20. Porch (no globes but Ed does reflect a spot light off his pick guard into the audience)

Encore Break
    (Ed tells the crowd, who have been holding up cell phones like lighters, that they look like a giant birthday cake. He then picks up an enormous joint someone has thrown up on stage. He notes, “It has writing on it, that’s how big it is...‘rock and fucking roll’, ‘Spokane loves Pearl Jam’. “Well thank you!. Back in ’92 this would have lasted me weeks. Nowadays, not so much. This is a one hitter.” He has someone in the audience throw him a lighter.
    He tells the audience that they have a friend here tonight that helped write the set list. “Tonight’s set list was written by Mr. Steve Gleason.” The audience chants for Steve.
    “This one, I think applies to Mr. Steve Gleason”

21. I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty)
    (“This is another one that Steve picked out and features Mr. Mike McCready and was written Jeff Ament. I would like to welcome the people from Big Sandy, like half the town came out.. that is like eleven people.”)

22. Nothing As It Seems
    23. Footsteps

(“I would like to dedicate this next one to the person that threw that big fat joint up on stage. Oh, and Mr. Haircut Guy, you should start making your way over here. Look for a guy that really needs a haircut and put him in a cage and hang onto him until we figure out what we are gonna do. Maybe we should spay him as long as we have him. Or is it neuter? which one is which?” )

24. Severed Hand
    (“Since you have elected him Stone is gonna sing one for you.” Stone greets the audience and asks them to applaud for Ed who never gets a shout out even though he gives them out all the time.
    Ed jokingly offers to hold the lyric sheet for Stone and eventually gets him a music stand. Stone continues with saying that if it weren’t for Ed they wouldn’t be where they are today. Ed has carried them on his back. Stone decides that Matt also is carries the band. Ed says it is the audience is the reason they are here today)

25. Don’t Gimme No Lip

(Dreadlock guy comes up on stage and mentions they are professional and reminds the audience of the time they shaved off someone’s mullet. Once they see dreadlock guy Ed has second thoughts because the dreads are so long. Jeff exclaims “that is like twenty years!”
    Dreadlock guy wants to headbang one last time to “Brain Of J” before shaving off the hair. The band plays the song. During the song Ed starts shaving. When the song is over the band plays a blues jam while Ed continues to shave the guy.

26. Brain Of J/Dread Shave Blues Jam (Ed has trouble getting through the last dread)

(“This is the first song of your head banging without all the weight”)

27. Go
    28. Black
    29. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 2

(Ed talks about his friend Bob Whittaker and the Rail Trail project. He encourages people in Spokane to protect the environment and replace or run for city council so they can look after environment)

30. Given To Fly (Ed sings part from Matt’s drum riser and Mike plays guitar on stage left facing Steve Gleason)

(All right, Mr. Steve Gleason is still playing DJ for us up here.)

31. Eruption-(Van Halen)
    32. Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love-(Anthony, Roth, Van Halen, Van Halen)
    33. Alive
    34. Yellow Ledbetter (Mike plays the end of the solo standing in front of Steve Gleason

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL2g_PFL ... e=youtu.be

Brain of J + Haircut and dread dude rocking it on stage. He absolutely owned the moment. One of the most unique and memorable concert experiences ever!
    Gorge
  • Options
    smanchac1 wrote:
    sweetspot wrote:

Thanks!

Loved reading your euro blogs last year..
    Doing Vancouver and Seattle also?

:)

See you Friday in Seattle!
  • Options
    Did Ed actually smoke the J ????!!!
  • Options
    Eddie lied to me/us! They did an OTOTO in Hartford of Aint talk bout love & played it in Spokane! I guess since Steve did the setlist, its a bit easier to swallow! Damn it they better make it up to us/Hartford next show!
    Thats all!
    Shoes...Shoes for my friends!
  • Options
    llessuRllessuR Posts: 195
    My fifth show and definitely my favorite. The haircut has been referenced a ton so I won't mention that but I found the set list amazing. They played the Mamasan trilogy and two of my personal favorite songs: Nothing As It Seems and Footsteps, the latter of which I shed a tear. Steve Gleason did a tremendous job with the set although I did hear Leash and Alone were on it but not played, probably due to the Brain of J event (not complaining). My friend received a photo pass for our blog site and I'll try and get pics up later. First encore was amazing, whole show really. Great energy and the Lighting Bolt songs sounded good live.

Did anyone else notice they didn't play anything from Backspacer or Riot Act? And about the joint, Ed said he would "save it for later". He also promised to return next year.
    http://www.audiohammock.com - Rock, Indie, and Electronic reviews, news, and the AudioHammock podcast.
    Favorite Albums of 2014 Article
    -Gorge 2005
    -Bonnaroo 2008
    -Key Arena 1 & 2 2009
    -Spokane 2013
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    llessuR wrote:
    My fifth show and definitely my favorite. The haircut has been referenced a ton so I won't mention that but I found the set list amazing. They played the Mamasan trilogy and two of my personal favorite songs: Nothing As It Seems and Footsteps, the latter of which I shed a tear. Steve Gleason did a tremendous job with the set although I did hear Leash and Alone were on it but not played, probably due to the Brain of J event (not complaining). My friend received a photo pass for our blog site and I'll try and get pics up later. First encore was amazing, whole show really. Great energy and the Lighting Bolt songs sounded good live.

Did anyone else notice they didn't play anything from Backspacer or Riot Act? And about the joint, Ed said he would "save it for later". He also promised to return next year.
    great 1st post!!thanks for sharing!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    WSUFreakWSUFreak Posts: 122
    In what had to be one of the most bizarre moments of the tour, Vedder spotted a fan holding a sign reading "Will shave my head for Brain of J" and called out the dude — who had waist-long dreadlocks.

"Do you even have any hair?" Vedder asked?

The guy held up the ridiculously long ropes of hair.

"Oh shit!" said Vedder.

http://m.inlander.com/spokane/blogs/Pos ... &year=2013
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    llessuR wrote:

Did anyone else notice they didn't play anything from Backspacer or Riot Act?

Not only that, but the fact that Binaural, No Code and ST only got ONE each played...And even Vitalogy only got 2....Crazy if you think about it.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Amazing night. Thank You for playing a great show. Thanks to all the amazing people we met on the floor. PJ fans are truly the best fans. I'll have to count the days until we can see them again.
    I would love to see the original set list. It looked like Eddie was making a lot of changes. He really knows how to play to a crowd.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Eddie lied to me/us! They did an OTOTO in Hartford of Aint talk bout love & played it in Spokane! I guess since Steve did the setlist, its a bit easier to swallow! Damn it they better make it up to us/Hartford next show!
    Thats all!

:fp:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Ezo5000Ezo5000 Posts: 155
    Beautiful experience for us. It seemed like the band had a great time in our town. Thanks to Jeff Ament for bringing the boys in. Also a big thanks to Steve G.for the killer set list. I hope we get another one relatively soon. Also, I hope that all of our touring friends enjoyed our city. It was great having you! \m/
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2013
    Fun fun show with lots of great memories, but I sit here with one nagging thought. Eddie dropped the ball for Steve. Not one mention of his illness, his cause, his foundation... Six simple words... "Let's find a cure for ALS."

Am sure the hometown knows Steve well, and us hard core fans too, but every little bit of awareness helps.

Thanks for the Epic Set List, Steve!
    Post edited by acutejam on
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    Yes WayYes Way Posts: 453
    This show was my my big 4-0 (shows, not age) and it was one of the best. First off I was closer than I had ever been, but that won't unfairly influence my quick review.

As many of you know, Pearl Jam is more than "just" the setlist. And yes, that set was incredible. But the performance is what set this show a step above. The band was really in top form and having a great time.

The thing that really made this show for me was you just had no idea what would happen next. Not just the haircut - which was better than the hype - but from one song to the next you just felt like everything was on the table.

This band is in a very special place right now, where they don't take anything or anyone for granted. They are all more engaged with the crowd and they're playing like they might not ever again (not because they won't but because they know nothing should be taken for granted). They are giving everyone far more than their money's worth. Those of us seeing this tour are lucky to be a part of this. We know that, right?

The new songs are tremendous live. Let the Records Play and Lightning Bolt really stand out as "improvers" from the albums.

For me personally, I'm on an Italian-style meal right now. Oakland was the appetizer that looked better than it tasted, Portland was the insanely delicious first course, Spokane was a mind-blowing main course, and now I am excited that I get to wash it all down with the dessert and coffee that is Seattle. See you all there!
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
  • Options
    here is my video of "the haircut" and Brain of J from the front row. ;)

http://youtu.be/0QNqE4iRBgg