Options

HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Comments

• Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    the finale was waaaay more intense than I imagined it'd might be.

I knew Nucky wasn't going to shoot Eli

the fight between Eli and Knox was pretty horrific... glad that Eli did away with that lil weasel

so don't like that Narcisse will be back and has hooked up with hoover...dammit

the 'dream' scene when they showed Harrow walking back home and showed his face whole again, it was clear he was dying. it sucks such an interesting character is gone. altho I hated to see him die they portrayed it in such a profound way... yeah it made me cry :cry:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I got to watch it last night. Great show. Sally is going to kick Nucky's ass when he finally shows up. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsMb9idYEYY :(
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    great season..
    going to miss this show..
    was sadder to see Harrow go than Jimmy.. :(
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Heisenberg wrote:
    What a fantastic season and finale. Lost alot of great characters this year, but they needed to thin the herd. Hated to see Harrow and Eddie go. Torio was a solid charatcter too. And how bout Eli with the friggin' saw to the shoulder of Knox? Goddamn could that fight scene have been any more brutal?

Great season. Such a well-written and well-acted show. That fight scene was intense….Eli completely lost it. One thing I kinda didn't get was how did they know Eli killed Knox right away?? Wouldn't they have tried to dump the body and cover it up?
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Heisenberg wrote:
    What a fantastic season and finale. Lost alot of great characters this year, but they needed to thin the herd. Hated to see Harrow and Eddie go. Torio was a solid charatcter too. And how bout Eli with the friggin' saw to the shoulder of Knox? Goddamn could that fight scene have been any more brutal?

Great season. Such a well-written and well-acted show. That fight scene was intense….Eli completely lost it. One thing I kinda didn't get was how did they know Eli killed Knox right away?? Wouldn't they have tried to dump the body and cover it up?
    Wife and Kids were in the house. maybe she called the police during the fight.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Heisenberg wrote:

good point. i'm guessing knox let them know where he was going?

i also thought it was odd that the next morning nuck pulled up to eli's house and was talking to his son and there was no police activity or fbi agents combing the property. it was as if nothing happened a few hours earlier. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    watching now last sundays episode..wow that Eli scene with the agent
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509

yeah that scene was fucking crazy!!!!!!! How about the look on VanAlden's face when he picks up Eli:)

two things for next season, I want Gretchen Mol's character to go away I'm so sick of her story. everytime she had a scene I just felt like it was taking away from other more interesting things. I never gave a shit about Jimmy getting shot anyway.

also, more Capone and VanAlden!!!! that dude cracks me up :lol:
  • Options
    Goatboy wrote:

yeah that scene was fucking crazy!!!!!!! How about the look on VanAlden's face when he picks up Eli:)

two things for next season, I want Gretchen Mol's character to go away I'm so sick of her story. everytime she had a scene I just felt like it was taking away from other more interesting things. I never gave a shit about Jimmy getting shot anyway.

also, more Capone and VanAlden!!!! that dude cracks me up :lol:
    ^^^ i agree...that dude playimg the role perfect..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Man oh man,
    Sunday nights just aint the same without the Boardwalk .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Goatboy wrote:

i assumed she was out of the show once they put her in jail.. is she still in? what can they do with her now that Harrow is gone?

will be interesting to see how the Margaret and Rothstein thing plays out..
  • Options
    Yarden wrote:
    Goatboy wrote:

i assumed she was out of the show once they put her in jail.. is she still in? what can they do with her now that Harrow is gone?

will be interesting to see how the Margaret and Rothstein thing plays out..

once they put her in jail.. what can they do with her now ?

who knows what'll happen at Gillian's trial?

:think: a bitch that happens to be attractive going to prison? maybe the story will revolve around other female prisoners asking her to join a quilting bee? :lolno:

come on...if the storyline puts her in a women's prison betcha most guys all of a sudden take a renewed interest in her character :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited January 2014
    The Fuck?????? :-O
    Raise your glass to one final ride to Atlantic City for season five this fall on HBO
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    what??? why would this be the final season?? oh well. gonna enjoy this season nonetheless.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I'd rather them go out strong than to start dragging the show out
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Said HBO's president, Michael Lombardo, in a statement, “It has been an incredible honor to bring this powerful and groundbreaking series to our subscribers. Terry Winter has created one for the ages.”

Boardwalk Empire executive producer Terry Winter said, in the press release, “We’re thrilled to get the go-ahead for a fifth season of Boardwalk Empire. After much discussion with my creative team and HBO, we’ve decided to wrap up the series after such a great run and look forward to bringing it to a powerful and exciting conclusion.”
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    really?

i'm gonna be fresh out of shows this time next year
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    damn! seemed like there was plenty of story lines to keep going beyond 5 seasons...bummer
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism said:

damn! seemed like there was plenty of story lines to keep going beyond 5 seasons...bummer

Yeah, that's really surprising that they are ending it next season. Especially with all the great characters they have on this show. But I guess it's better not to stay on the air too long and turn shitty like Dexter and many other shows have done.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157

really?

i'm gonna be fresh out of shows this time next year

yeah me too :(
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    That fucking sucks.

wonder when producttion begins.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'm good with it. I think the main story line, AC, is starting to go away. Hopefully they can turn this into a new Capone series.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    i'd rather them not drag it on also and a capone spinoff might actually work.......i just feel like they have another couple years worth of material in them.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I'm good with it. I think the main story line, AC, is starting to go away. Hopefully they can turn this into a new Capone series.

A spinoff with Capone and Chicago would be great.
  • Options
    last season??fuck
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
  • Options
    gabers said:
    I hope this isn't the reason, hope it is ending because they already planned on having it end. I wanted more seasons for sure. Best show since the sopranos.
  • Options
    it's the 2nd highest rated show on hbo. that's not the reason.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

it's the 2nd highest rated show on hbo. that's not the reason.

Yeah I don't think HBO really cares about ratings. As long as a show creates some buzz and people are talking about it, they are happy.