*** Dallas Fanviews Here 11/15/13 ***

13»

Comments

• RS146614RS146614 Dallas, Texas Posts: 54
    Dallas and OKC were shows 11 and 12 for me.

I've never had more fun at concerts and I've been going to them all my life. I appreciate it all so much more now that I'm a bit older (35 this week). The band is so unbelievably on point right now. We are so lucky to have them. Waiting 10 years to have them in our home town again was hard, but it was worth it.

Proud Dallas rocked it. OKC did the same, both were top notch
    Dallas, TX 11-12-1993 | Austin, TX 09-16-1995 | Dallas, TX 07-05-1998 | The Woodlands, TX 10-15-2000 | Dallas, TX 10-17-2000 | Camden, NJ 07-05-2003 | Las Vegas, NV 07-06-2006 | Honolulu, HI 12-09-2006 | Chicago, IL 08-05-2007 | New York, NY 05-21-2010 | Dallas, TX 11-15-2013 | OKC, OK 11-16-2013 | Tulsa, OK 10-09-2014
  • This was my first PJ concert and all I can say is it was so much more than I thought it would be!

First? I know! In the past, every time I had the money to pay for tickets and the means to get to the concert location, something insane would come up preventing me from going. A hurricane, death of a family member, what have you. But not this time! There I was, in the AAC, 33 years old, finally getting to see them perform live. Is it okay to say that I could have cried? I didn't, but the feeling was absolutely euphoric. It may sound silly to some who have been to countless shows across the planet, but this was the fulfillment of a life long goal, the realization of a dream, and in my opinion, the completion of a cycle that started when I was a kid.

Pearl Jam first spoke to me in middle school (circa 1991-1994) when I was the odd kid who was constantly picked on for not having the popular Starter jacket or the newest Nike's. I wasn't old enough to grasp the gravity of the situation like I can now, but PJ's music, specifically Jeremy, spoke to me, as I'm sure it spoke to so many, each in their own way. In an age where your teacher would tell you to quit being a wuss if you told on someone, PJ taught me to fight back, which I finally did one day. With a bloody nose and busted lip, I was suspended, grounded and smiling from ear to ear. I won much more than a school yard fight that day. I won freedom and a new found confidence. I've never been in another fight, and no one ever picked on me again.

It was Eddie and Jeff's telling of the story of Jeremy Delle that, quite literally, fueled my fire and helped me find who I was. Since then, I have grown up listening to this band. I bought a car with satellite radio so I can listen to the PJ channel literally every day to and from work, and I sing in traffic because fuck you that's why! I don't care what everyone else thinks and I learned that from PJ too.

Sorry for the rant/confession. I love this band, and I loved the show. I love all of you as well, for supporting such an amazing group of artists and activists, and I will thank you all in advance for not slaying me for expressing myself in this post!
    Dallas 2013

"Long nights allow me to feel...I'm falling...I am falling. The lights go out. Let me feel...I'm falling...I am falling...safely to...the ground..."
  • KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    I thought the night was perfect. I went to the show with my brother, who is a sort-of fan who had never been to a show before. I also knew some other people at the show that were PJ virgins.

It was a perfect set for that kind of situation. You have to know your audience. And an audience that has waited 10 years to see you isn't going to sit still for eight minutes while Ed masturbates to "Bugs."

Play Jeremy. Play Corduroy. Play Alive. Play Better Man. Play Daughter.

Those were the highlights of the night for me, just an entire building giving itself over to my band.

And even though the setlist might have been "generic" to use a previous poster's word, there's this: At my 20th Pearl Jam show, I saw a 20-year-old song I've never seen live before (Glorified G) and one older than that I've never seen live before (Chloe/Crown).

Pretty much the perfect mix of "give me something I've never seen before plus give me all the old favorites" type of night.

I was proud of my fellow Texans. We kicked that show's ass.

Hey man! So glad to have met you in line and enjoyed the after-show smoke in the parking lot!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Sea wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    (Crowd enthusiastically welcomes the band back.  Ed says, “I warn ya, I got a brand new bottle so, thank you Pittsburgh.” 

confused by this. what's the thank you pittsburgh?

Ed thanked Pittsburgh at the Dallas show because he bought some special wine form Engine House 25 the week the band stayed in the Burgh before kicking off the tour.
  • JG82640 wrote:
    I agree with all the comments about the crowd, the band and the energy. All were great. (Stone was as animated and happy as I've seen him, and this was my seventh show of the tour.)

Three things:
    1. How great was the kid who was pointed at and received a tambourine from Ed!

2. Watching Jeff put a pick in Mike's mouth was oddly funny.

3. Did Ed spit out a small amount of vomit during Given to Fly?! It looked like more than spit!

That was my boy! He did get a little teary eyed right after it. It was AMAZING!! I can never put it into words.
  • A great show. The guys I partied with in suite 1163 were awesome!!!!
    Pre-1013...Married to a buzzkill...
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Dallas 2013
    Oklahoma City 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Milwaukee 2014
    Denver 2014
  • marcPJfanmarcPJfan Austin, TX Posts: 802
    http://tinyurl.com/m52k883

Some of my pics from Friday night.
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    This was my first PJ concert and all I can say is it was so much more than I thought it would be!

First? I know! In the past, every time I had the money to pay for tickets and the means to get to the concert location, something insane would come up preventing me from going. A hurricane, death of a family member, what have you. But not this time! There I was, in the AAC, 33 years old, finally getting to see them perform live. Is it okay to say that I could have cried? I didn't, but the feeling was absolutely euphoric. It may sound silly to some who have been to countless shows across the planet, but this was the fulfillment of a life long goal, the realization of a dream, and in my opinion, the completion of a cycle that started when I was a kid.

Pearl Jam first spoke to me in middle school (circa 1991-1994) when I was the odd kid who was constantly picked on for not having the popular Starter jacket or the newest Nike's. I wasn't old enough to grasp the gravity of the situation like I can now, but PJ's music, specifically Jeremy, spoke to me, as I'm sure it spoke to so many, each in their own way. In an age where your teacher would tell you to quit being a wuss if you told on someone, PJ taught me to fight back, which I finally did one day. With a bloody nose and busted lip, I was suspended, grounded and smiling from ear to ear. I won much more than a school yard fight that day. I won freedom and a new found confidence. I've never been in another fight, and no one ever picked on me again.

It was Eddie and Jeff's telling of the story of Jeremy Delle that, quite literally, fueled my fire and helped me find who I was. Since then, I have grown up listening to this band. I bought a car with satellite radio so I can listen to the PJ channel literally every day to and from work, and I sing in traffic because fuck you that's why! I don't care what everyone else thinks and I learned that from PJ too.

Sorry for the rant/confession. I love this band, and I loved the show. I love all of you as well, for supporting such an amazing group of artists and activists, and I will thank you all in advance for not slaying me for expressing myself in this post!

Congrats on your first show. You got a good one. I hope you get to see many more.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • I am truly in awe........ This was my first Pearl Jam concert . I was in GA at front..... Eddie Vedder pour wine into my cup then I was handed a Tambourine by the man whose voice I LOVE..... It doesn't get much better than that . If someone knows how to get a poster of the Dallas show please let me know. I did not see them when I went in...... EXCELLANT SHOW........
  • ArmsinaVArmsinaV Posts: 108
    My seventh show and one of the best 2-3.

Went by myself and sat up in 220, and I was worried about ending up sitting with Johnny "play Jeremy!" Drunk Guy. The couple to my left were quiet and polite, and my seat to the right was empty until minutes before PJ. Then a guy rolls in, apologizes for his backpack, and tells me he came straight from the airport, affable and all business. It was a sign - the dude was immediately into it, as soon as PJ came on, never sitting down, knowing all the words, etc. he was there to savor every song, and just a good, upbeat dude who called songs even before I did (but not too much). the shows are so, so much fun when you share them with people like that, people who help us all move past Awkward White Head Bobber Guy Stage and just go for it. This guy was a stranger but he made a good concert a great one for me, and the whole section - surprisingly - was into it as well. That crowd was better than I expected, and I wasn't too close.

Great show. Unthought Known is officially in my top 15 all time. Better Man was the best I've ever heard. I almost teared up with Corduroy....does it get any better than hearing the first few chords of that song early in a show, knowing you're just getting started..?

Come back soon, please.
    2000: Lubbock; 2003: OKC, Dallas, San Antonio; 2006: Los Angeles II, San Diego; 2008: Atlanta (EV Solo); 2012: Dallas (EV Solo); 2013: Dallas; 2014: Tulsa; 2018: Wrigley I
  • "Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns". Among the other phenomenal moments of this night, THAT was the one that really got me. As rare as it is for the band to play EITHER of these songs, much less BOTH of them together… I mean, what a tremendous gift.
  • I was on the rail for this show, directly in front of Mike. My first ever GA/rail experience, which is why I didn't end up relaying. The first 12 songs or so... kicked our ass. Like Candice and I were fucking exhausted. As were all the people around us. They just didn't let up. Between the 2 of us, we ended up w/6 Mike guitar picks. Such an incredible energy, and being that close, seeing their facial expressions, having Mike look right at me numerous times, speechless. And Chloe/Crown was amazing from that close.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • My wife and I went to both Dallas and Oklahoma City. These two shows made a perfect pair, so this post will be in both fanviews.

This may ramble a bit. I'm still pretty fired up two days removed from OKC. Thoughts are forming from every which way.

We drove from West Texas on Friday to Dallas, stood in the outdoor merch line, had a great dinner at our hotel and arrived at the arena before Midlake. My reserved seats were awesome. Two sections from stage on Stone's side, Row A. Eye-level with the band. I made friendly conversation before the show with LT the security guy patrolling the isle. About a half hour prior to Midlake, I saw someone from backstage hand him a piece of paper. I only caught Yellow Moon but realized it was a copy of the setlist. I asked him if I could have it at the end of the night and he simply nodded.

The crowd, the energy, the band were all top-notch in Dallas. Brain of J, Glorified G, Chloe/Crown, Lukin. Not For You. Amazing stuff. We had a blast.

After the show I waved through the crowd exiting at LT and he made his way over and handed me the setlist. I've been close at a Pearl Jam concert a few times, but never had the luck of getting an Eddie pick or tambourine or a sip of wine. But at my 19th show, I finally got a setlist. It's a souvenir I will always cherish.

After a moving visit to the JFK Sixth Floor Museum the next day, we made the drive to OKC. Still riding the wave of Dallas, I had little expectation. The only thing running through my mind was that it was my 20th show.

Mind blown again. The band was in touch with the entire audience for a second straight night. A very different set from the previous night. I got to hear RVM, my favorite song at a milestone show for me, Immortality, Wash, Satan's Bed, Baba and on and on. And to be to share the 20th with my wife, who has now seen the band four times, made it more special. We are both very grateful for the opportunity to spend the weekend together with Pearl Jam, a band I can't thank enough for the energy thy put into their craft.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    marcPJfan wrote:
    http://tinyurl.com/m52k883

Some of my pics from Friday night.

Great pics! Thank you for sharing!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • I loved the Dallas show. The section I was in was crazy (102 Row B) and full of energy and excitement. The crowd overall was incredible too. I've been to a lot of concerts in Dallas, and probably 30+ games at the AAC (including a Mavs finals game), and that was as crazy as I've ever seen it. I attribute it a lot to the local Texans and other Southerners who were pumped for a show near them, and the influx of all the AMAZING and super cool fans throughout the world that came.

Set list was great as well, definitely straight forward but with a few great twists. It was my gf's first show, and the first thing she told me afterwards was she now understood why I loved this band so much. She was amazed at how nice and fun all the people were, and the amount of people who travel from all over.

Thanks to PJ for coming to Dallas. This was a special show to me and to my local group of buddies that I've met through this awesome community.

YES Section 102 Row B ruled!!! Rows A and C were not too shabby either :lol:
    One of the best times, sheerly because of the amazing people I met and how they were so kind to my amazing 13 year old... seeing his 6th and 7th shows. He was a veteran of the little kids and was fun watching him talk to this amazing kid behind us who was with his awesome dad at his first show. The two of them had a ball. The two ladies to our right, were so much fun to watch as they seem to be having THE BEST TIME EVER.
    And having the great friend of a great friend of mine right next to me was a terrific bonus.

Such a high energy show which the band seemed to love. Was on Stone's side and I was amazed at how many songs he had lead on... Setlist seemed to highlight him. Preparty was awesome as always.. Great seeing Dan and Mario and very happy I got a chance to wish Laura a happy Birthday which I am sure she had since she got Chloe/Crown.

Dallas killed it. Great time. Great people.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Almost a week since the awesome show in Dallas. I was pretty suprised at the crowd in Dallas. I flew in from Orlando cause I have family in Texas and they weren't coming near Florida. Loved the energy and the setlist wasn't too bad either. Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thornes was great to hear, so was Footsteps. I did request a couple of songs on a tshirt, but wasn't fortunate enough to get them played. Wash and Deep were my requests and they actually opened the next show with Wash, but I wasn't able to make OKC. So, cheers to OKC PJ fans, I think PJ thought I would be at next show, oh well. Hope PJ have a 3rd leg closer to home cause I'm already having withdrawls. ROCK ON JAMILY!!
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    We were 106
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    STAYSEA wrote:
    We were 106
    So were we. Wish I'd met you.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Another unbelieveable show! Got pulled for fan club seats on the floor. Great view! My daughter and I sat next to a guy that said it was his first Pearl Jam show. We made him a part of our small group and rocked out together.
    My daughter and I had such a great time that we decided to buy tickets for the Oklahoma City show and drive to the concert the next day!
  • zepcowboy23zepcowboy23 Chicago Posts: 13
    Section 12, Row A of the Reserved section - not sure if this was an "earned" location (10C number is 204xxx) or a lottery/bonus upgrade or what, but my wife and I were very happy! Flew in from Chicago specifically for the show; after Wrigley, we looked at the tour dates for a destination we'd never been, on a weekend, that would also be warmer than Chicago that time of year. Narrowed it down to Dallas and we really lucked out with a fantastic show - my 14th overall.

Pictures:
    http://tinyurl.com/oygkd37

Video playlist (just Lukin>Not For You and Glorified G):
    http://tinyurl.com/q4qzof3

VideoGremmie has a lot of great Dallas footage on YouTube that you've all probably seen by now.
  • Awesome show!!! My wife and I brought our son along for his first show.We drove in from Florida. It was amazing experience for him!!! My wife loved Pendulum opener. Can't wait til the next show.
    Birmingham 9-03-98
    Atlanta 8-07-00
    Camden 5-27-06
    Chicago 8-05-07
    Pensacola Beach 9-22-12
    Dallas 11-15-13
  • mbangmbang Posts: 6
    Hi could anybody tell me if the event sticker in dallas was mavs or cowboys color? Would anybody be interested in selling one??
  • MrosplockMrosplock Orange County, CA Posts: 42
    I know I'm a little late to the party on my review, but the highlight for me was Can't Keep and Glorified G...those are two of my all time favorite songs!!! I was soooo amped to be able to hear them live!

Went with my brother (I flew in from Cali and he lives in Austin) and he about died when they closed with his fave, Indifference. Overall, amazing show and great crowd energy! Love the hospitality of Texans! Everyone is so nice! Not like most of us SoCal peeps!! Haha!
  • So after being a fan of Pearl Jam since before their inception, I FINALLY was able to attend my first PJ show. I had to pay out the nose for tickets but I did it and I am glad I did. I've seen a lot of concerts but this one the absolute best by far.

Thanks PJ and can't wait for the bootleg.
  • BOOTLEG!!!!! I can't wait!!
    Dallas 2013

"Long nights allow me to feel...I'm falling...I am falling. The lights go out. Let me feel...I'm falling...I am falling...safely to...the ground..."
  • ArmsinaV said:

Went by myself and sat up in 220, and I was worried about ending up sitting with Johnny "play Jeremy!" Drunk Guy. The couple to my left were quiet and polite, and my seat to the right was empty until minutes before PJ. Then a guy rolls in, apologizes for his backpack, and tells me he came straight from the airport, affable and all business. It was a sign - the dude was immediately into it, as soon as PJ came on, never sitting down, knowing all the words, etc. he was there to savor every song, and just a good, upbeat dude who called songs even before I did (but not too much). the shows are so, so much fun when you share them with people like that, people who help us all move past Awkward White Head Bobber Guy Stage and just go for it. This guy was a stranger but he made a good concert a great one for me, and the whole section - surprisingly - was into it as well. That crowd was better than I expected, and I wasn't too close.

Great show. Unthought Known is officially in my top 15 all time. Better Man was the best I've ever heard. I almost teared up with Corduroy....does it get any better than hearing the first few chords of that song early in a show, knowing you're just getting started..?

Come back soon, please.

hey dude.

that was ME! just read your post right now (feb. 17). What a long day that was, left Toronto at 5am and arrived in Dallas about 30 mins before the show.

Thanks for the shoutout, I should have asked your name.
    Toronto 10-05-00 / Toronto 06-28-03 / Montreal 06-29-03 / Toronto 05-09-06 / Toronto 05-10-06 / London 08-18-09 / Cleveland 05-09-10 / Buffalo 05-10-10 / East Troy 09-03/11 / East Troy 09-04-11 / Montreal 09-07-11 / Toronto 09-11-11 / Toronto 10-11-11 / Ottawa 09-14-11 / Hamilton 09-15-11 / Winnipeg 09-17-11 / Saskatoon 09-19-11 / Calgary 09-21-11 / Edmonton 09-23-11 / Vancouver 09-25-11 / London 07-16-13 / Chicago 07-19-13 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Dallas 11-15-13 / Oklahoma City 11-16-13 / Milan 06-20-2014 / Trieste 06-22-14 / Vienna 06-25-14 / Berlin 06-26-14 / Stockholm 06-28-14 / Oslo 06-27-14 / Leeds 07-08-14 / Milton Keynes 07-11-14 / Seattle 08-08-18 / Seattle 08-10-18 / Missoula 08-13-18 / Oakland 05-12-22 / Oakland 05-13-22 / St. Paul 08-31-23 / St. Paul 09-02-23

EV
    Toronto 08-12-08 / Toronto 08-13-08 / New York 06-21-11 / New York 06-22-11
  • ArmsinaVArmsinaV Posts: 108
    osborne16 said:

Come back soon, please.
    hey dude. that was ME! just read your post right now (feb. 17). What a long day that was, left Toronto at 5am and arrived in Dallas about 30 mins before the show. Thanks for the shoutout, I should have asked your name.
    Hey, man. I haven't checked this board in a long time (since this show)...

Glad to give you a shoutout and I hope you are able to attend this tour. 

Cheers. 

2000: Lubbock; 2003: OKC, Dallas, San Antonio; 2006: Los Angeles II, San Diego; 2008: Atlanta (EV Solo); 2012: Dallas (EV Solo); 2013: Dallas; 2014: Tulsa; 2018: Wrigley I