*** Dallas Fanviews Here 11/15/13 ***

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Eh, probably one of the most generic set lists thus far. But it sounds like the crowd made up for it.
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    Another great show, only issue I had was with the feedback from the audio system. I can't complain too much.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    What? no bushleaguer? :lol:
  • YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    Attaway77 wrote:
    Great time and show.... To the cool people I met in the merch line and went and had a beer with while we were waiting, you all rock!! It was great meeting everyone.. Back to D.C. for me and no more shows this tour, bummer....

Dude, was a pleasure bumping into you at the hotel and hanging in the merch line. Safe travels back to DC and would be more than happy to bump into again at a show!

What a great show, and a really fun show. Crowd was INSANE last night. Band was on absolute fire and so energetic. Stone was a man possessed and all over the place all night, never seen him like that. Jeff was too, and was all smiles all night. The band was totally feeling the crowd. Really tight and fun show. Pretty straight forward set list, but so tight and energy was ridiculous. Will have more of a review later.

At the airport waiting to go to OKC. Gonna be another great show!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    rival. wrote:
    Eh, probably one of the most generic set lists thus far. But it sounds like the crowd made up for it.

Can't Keep!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Good Job DFW!! Sounds like you all gave the band the energy they deserve. Having grown up and lived there for almost all my life, I have been to many a show where the crowd was very typical "Dallas" ; on their phones, knowing like 3 songs from the artist, doing blow in the bathroom before hitting the club: seen it all. Proud that priorities were right last night and the band got your undivided attention. Here's hoping you all don't have to wait another 10 years.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • Great show, great energy! My 20th 4 days before my 49th b-day :)

Set list and energy rivaled or exceeded Brooklyn 1 and definitely Philly 2 for me. Can't believe I've heard Chloe Dance/Crown of Thorns twice this tour. Not for You is still reverberating in my head this morning!

Thanks so much to 10C member @EmeraldTele for the ticket, great seats in Section 119 and a great group of into fans in the Section!

Great start to second leg!
    98 Camden, 98 E. Rutherford, 2000 Pittsburgh, 2000 Camden, 03 MSG, 03 Holmdel, 03 Camden, 05 Philly, 06 E. Rutherford, 06 Camden, 08 MSG2, 08 Camden, 09 Philly 1,2,3 (gave my ticket to 4 away for family obligation and kicking myself since), 10 Newark (my daughter's first show), 10 MSG1, 13 PIT, 13 BUF, 13 Barclays Center 1, 13 Philly 1, 13 Dallas, 15 NY Central Park (Global Citizen Fest, meh), 16 MSG 1 & 2, 16 Philly 2, 18 Amsterdam 1 (27 and counting!)
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,044
    YLed2 wrote:
    Attaway77 wrote:
    Great time and show.... To the cool people I met in the merch line and went and had a beer with while we were waiting, you all rock!! It was great meeting everyone.. Back to D.C. for me and no more shows this tour, bummer....

Dude, was a pleasure bumping into you at the hotel and hanging in the merch line. Safe travels back to DC and would be more than happy to bump into again at a show!

What a great show, and a really fun show. Crowd was INSANE last night. Band was on absolute fire and so energetic. Stone was a man possessed and all over the place all night, never seen him like that. Jeff was too, and was all smiles all night. The band was totally feeling the crowd. Really tight and fun show. Pretty straight forward set list, but so tight and energy was ridiculous. Will have more of a review later.

Yo brother!!!!! Great meeting you as well my friend, we'll definitely catch a show again someday. Rock out and enjoy the show tonight.. Safe travels brother....
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• rival. wrote:
    There's nothing generic about a PJ show.
  • Sea wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    (Crowd enthusiastically welcomes the band back.  Ed says, “I warn ya, I got a brand new bottle so, thank you Pittsburgh.” 

confused by this. what's the thank you pittsburgh?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • bwamble wrote:
    Great show. Experienced some fairly bad sound issues like a bad echo and muffled sound. Was about midway back on the floor. Anyone else?
    We were first level up right side fairly close to the stage and the sound was a problem all night. I wasn't sure if it was just because of where we were sitting. Much worse during the opening act. They had several rows of family members sitting right in front of us and I felt kinda bad for them.

Not much I could add to the comments about the show. Combination of the band's energy and the crowd's made for a great show and went a long way toward relieving that 10 year drought of PJ shows in Dallas. The band was having so much fun and the crowd was so ready for it!

Wish I could have gotten there early enough to meet some of you. If he's here, I'd like to hear from the guy who tapped me on the arm during "The Real Me" and said "They're playing this for you! They knew you're here tonight!" :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Created 2 more PJ lifelong fans. 16yr old daughter and 12yr old son in the general admission pit. Eddie singled out the son and gave him a pick. Thank you to the other Jam-ers that insisted on moving the son up front. He'll never forget his first show.
  • chriszeechriszee Posts: 107
    Any intro music this leg?
  • I thought the night was perfect. I went to the show with my brother, who is a sort-of fan who had never been to a show before. I also knew some other people at the show that were PJ virgins.

It was a perfect set for that kind of situation. You have to know your audience. And an audience that has waited 10 years to see you isn't going to sit still for eight minutes while Ed masturbates to "Bugs."

Play Jeremy. Play Corduroy. Play Alive. Play Better Man. Play Daughter.

Those were the highlights of the night for me, just an entire building giving itself over to my band.

And even though the setlist might have been "generic" to use a previous poster's word, there's this: At my 20th Pearl Jam show, I saw a 20-year-old song I've never seen live before (Glorified G) and one older than that I've never seen live before (Chloe/Crown).

Pretty much the perfect mix of "give me something I've never seen before plus give me all the old favorites" type of night.

I was proud of my fellow Texans. We kicked that show's ass.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I don't know what to say. I had GA and was one person off the rail in front of Mike. Right behind Nixon and his lovely wife.

I am literately speechless.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • thanks Sea!!love the start alot last night!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Sea wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    (Crowd enthusiastically welcomes the band back.  Ed says, “I warn ya, I got a brand new bottle so, thank you Pittsburgh.” 

This was sarcasm and Eddie at his best. Just a funny reference to how much wine he drank, pretending to not know Dallas from Pittsbutgh.

Awesome show! My 4th show which isn't much but met plenty of PJ virgins pre-show at the Jack Daniels Club. Met a guy named Chip at his 19th show. But the highlight of the night was meeting his beautiful friend Theresa from Seattle who inexplicably had NEVER been to a show! She was sweet and I'm sure this will not be her last.

Unforgettable reunion with college buddies from my first PJ show in 1994, thanks to the band for bringing their A+ game!
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    loved the area, loved the people. loved the show...awesome stuff!
  • OJ1414OJ1414 Posts: 35
    Great show. Had 10C tickets midway back on the floor on Stone's side and loved it. I was tall enough to see decently but my wife had to strain a bit. Was great sitting there though because of the energy of everyone around us. Everyone was dancing, raising their hands and jumping around and definitely felt more free to go crazy (in a good way) than in shows I've been to in the past where everyone in our area was subdued. Loved hearing Brain of J and Glorified G especially, as well as the Indifference close. Was hell driving back home and getting here at 3:30 in the morning and then working in the morning but it was well worth it.
  • pj10pj10 Posts: 17
    Sea wrote:
    Pearl Jam

He was drinking the Roberto Clemente wine that he got in Pittsburgh (theskyiscrape had an article on it...pretty sure Sean Casey had input and he was at the Dallas show too).
    "I will feel alive as long as I am free."
  • This is not hyperbole, the crowd in Dallas was the best I have seen since Van Halen in 1984. I have criticized this ridiculous town for its posers and weak concert crowds over the years but this crowd did the city proud. Best bunch I have seen since PJ played MSG in 2008. Well, maybe Wrigley. That night in Chicago was insane, all-around. Awesome night in Dallas and I am happy as hell these boys came back after ten long years.
  • YLed2 wrote:
    Attaway77 wrote:

What's up boys? Good meeting you guys in line!
  • I loved the Dallas show. The section I was in was crazy (102 Row B) and full of energy and excitement. The crowd overall was incredible too. I've been to a lot of concerts in Dallas, and probably 30+ games at the AAC (including a Mavs finals game), and that was as crazy as I've ever seen it. I attribute it a lot to the local Texans and other Southerners who were pumped for a show near them, and the influx of all the AMAZING and super cool fans throughout the world that came.

Set list was great as well, definitely straight forward but with a few great twists. It was my gf's first show, and the first thing she told me afterwards was she now understood why I loved this band so much. She was amazed at how nice and fun all the people were, and the amount of people who travel from all over.

Thanks to PJ for coming to Dallas. This was a special show to me and to my local group of buddies that I've met through this awesome community.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    I loved the Dallas show. The section I was in was crazy (102 Row B) and full of energy and excitement. The crowd overall was incredible too. I've been to a lot of concerts in Dallas, and probably 30+ games at the AAC (including a Mavs finals game), and that was as crazy as I've ever seen it. I attribute it a lot to the local Texans and other Southerners who were pumped for a show near them, and the influx of all the AMAZING and super cool fans throughout the world that came.

Set list was great as well, definitely straight forward but with a few great twists. It was my gf's first show, and the first thing she told me afterwards was she now understood why I loved this band so much. She was amazed at how nice and fun all the people were, and the amount of people who travel from all over.

Thanks to PJ for coming to Dallas. This was a special show to me and to my local group of buddies that I've met through this awesome community.

:D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • This was the best crowd ever. I have never seen Dallas like this. It was awesome to watch the people from the rafters too the floor going nuts. I agree with JJ regarding odd fan club seats this time. I've been on the 3rd row almost center a couple of times in Dallas, so being up the sides further back was weird, but I could see so was very happy. I have never been disappointed in their sound, but they sounded muddy and had some feedback issues. I don't know if it was due to where we were sitting or what. I hope PJ virgins don't think that's the norm. No band sounds better live than PJ. This was not represenative sound-wise.

I loved the green swinging globe things and Ed "Tarzanning" on them. So glad they played Yellow Moon and Footsteps. I wished for a bit more Mike guitar solos, but hey...

The venue (AA) is great. The people working there are always extremely nice and helpful and seating/views are good even waaaay up high.

This show was so memorable and good vibes all around. I hope 10 years doesn't go by again before they come to big D again. I hope they do reserved floor like days of old. In 10 years I will dayum sure be too old for GA. El Oh El.
  • I had the time of my life in Dallas!!

Great set list. Felt very personal to me and I enjoyed every moment. Thanks to my ticket buddy PJinIL-Kyle! You helped make it such a fantastic experience, Great to share with like minded PJ fans.

So excited for KimmieB to get the rail and share the experience with her PJ virgin husband!! Watch out, now you’re going to have to plan all future shows for two!!

Thanks 10C for great seats and Thanks to the band for having such a great time up there. We all feed off your energy.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    OK, now that I am back at work I can think about this.

I was stunned by the Dallas show. As you all know I (we) have been begging for this for 10 years. I was thinking about where I was then. My kids were 5 and 2. They are 15 and 12 now and got to go the show, my son's second, my daughter's first. They won't be the last.

As has been said, the energy is in the building was electric. You could feel it. I have lived in Dallas my entire life and am also aware of our reputation of thinking we are too cool to excited and that we have seen it all. That reputation was smashed Friday night. I know the band saw it and felt it. I could see it on their faces from my spot in GA right in front of Milke.

No surprise they opened with Pendulum and such a great opener. I like this new trend of three slow songs then rocking out. We lost our shit when they started into Interstellar Overdrive and Corduroy. The waiting really did drive us mad. 10 long years and we were a mess. The new songs sounded fantastic, especially Lightning Bolt and Infallible. But I tell you, Mind Your Manners rips your face off.

Brain of J was a given because of the location and timing but still, that one is always a gem.

And then came my song. I still can't believe I got to stand 10 feet from Mike McCready and jump up and down to Given to Fly. That song means so much to me. I can't even explain it. I want to hear it at every show and every time I do I think it will be the last time. No question the highlight of the night to me, if not the year. Thanks so much.

Unthought Known was a treat and Better Man - just wow. We blew the fucking roof off the place with that one. The tag was sort of Save it for Later but not really. There was definitely some different lyrics in there. It wasn't just the standard tag. Can't wait for the boot. Jesus they killed it on that song. Stone and his hair, banging away on that poor acoustic.

They weren't done with us though. Why they chose here to treat us to Chloe Dancer and Crown of Thorns I don't know, but it was unreal. I told my son that when they play that, you are seeing a special show. And we were.

It went by too fast. Indifference was the perfect closer. I hope the band puts a star on their calendars or does whatever they do to note a special night because they had one here. You are always welcome in this town. Y'all come back now ya hear?

Smiles all around.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Wow. This show killed both Brooklyn shows for me. It just goes to show that the crowd energy is far more important than the set list. Our whole section was rocking out from beginning to end and we went and got drinks with the couple who sat right in front of us after the show. Lots of cool people, amazing energy - that's what a show is all about.

Also, the entire first encore was as good as it gets! Can't wait for Oregon show - it's going to be my first time in GA.

How early do I need to get there to get within first five rows?
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Lost my voice. I could barely walk from dancing and jumping so much in front of Mike. Totally worth it. Amazing crowd full of friends. Such a memorable show.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Flagg wrote:
    OK, now that I am back at work I can think about this.

I was stunned by the Dallas show. As you all know I (we) have been begging for this for 10 years. I was thinking about where I was then. My kids were 5 and 2. They are 15 and 12 now and got to go the show, my son's second, my daughter's first. They won't be the last.

As has been said, the energy is in the building was electric. You could feel it. I have lived in Dallas my entire life and am also aware of our reputation of thinking we are too cool to excited and that we have seen it all. That reputation was smashed Friday night. I know the band saw it and felt it. I could see it on their faces from my spot in GA right in front of Milke.

No surprise they opened with Pendulum and such a great opener. I like this new trend of three slow songs then rocking out. We lost our shit when they started into Interstellar Overdrive and Corduroy. The waiting really did drive us mad. 10 long years and we were a mess. The new songs sounded fantastic, especially Lightning Bolt and Infallible. But I tell you, Mind Your Manners rips your face off.

Brain of J was a given because of the location and timing but still, that one is always a gem.

And then came my song. I still can't believe I got to stand 10 feet from Mike McCready and jump up and down to Given to Fly. That song means so much to me. I can't even explain it. I want to hear it at every show and every time I do I think it will be the last time. No question the highlight of the night to me, if not the year. Thanks so much.

Unthought Known was a treat and Better Man - just wow. We blew the fucking roof off the place with that one. The tag was sort of Save it for Later but not really. There was definitely some different lyrics in there. It wasn't just the standard tag. Can't wait for the boot. Jesus they killed it on that song. Stone and his hair, banging away on that poor acoustic.

They weren't done with us though. Why they chose here to treat us to Chloe Dancer and Crown of Thorns I don't know, but it was unreal. I told my son that when they play that, you are seeing a special show. And we were.

It went by too fast. Indifference was the perfect closer. I hope the band puts a star on their calendars or does whatever they do to note a special night because they had one here. You are always welcome in this town. Y'all come back now ya hear?

Smiles all around.
    Love this review. :D

My husband had only seen PJ at ACL Fest, so I was not only having a great time, I was loving introducing the band to him.

I also like the openings with slower songs. Most bands like to energize you and pick a real rocker to open. This is great, builds you up for what's to come.

Given to Fly is my favorite song. I was in heaven hearing it again. Then to get Chloe Dancer - Crown of Thorns! I told my husband, you don't know what a thrill this is! He loved how we sang Better Man and that Ed let us make it our song.

One of the best things about going to shows with my husband is that he's a musician and he always sees things about the band that I'd never notice. Riding back to Fort Worth on the train, he talked about the guys individually and I got to relive the concert with new perspectives. Cannot wait to get the boot for this show!

And I STILL wish I could have met the guy a couple seats over from me who told me they were playing The Real Me just because I was there! How did he figure out I was the huge Who fan? He and his girlfriend took off in the other direction after the show and I never got to meet him. Dude, if you post here, PM me!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."