Options

Big Day Out 2014– Aust&NZ– Pre-partys, Travel Info&Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Suziemay wrote:
    PS Jodie, that's a nice looking Word document you got there :mrgreen:

Thanks SuMay, I hope to convince you to come to Melbourne with me!

FRONT PAGE UPDATED with other concert goers added!

Sorry for the delay guys.
    I am in my final semester of my degree and my research/work/life have taken priority for the moment in time.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 563
    Melbourne ticket for sale, $100. PM me if interested.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options

As much as I would love to see side-shows in Jan/Feb 2014 in Australia, unless BDO is completely sold-out and sold-out soon, I am pretty sure there is no chance of Pearl Jam getting around an "exclusive" contract with the BDO.

Good luck, but don't hold your breath.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options

As much as I would love to see side-shows in Jan/Feb 2014 in Australia, unless BDO is completely sold-out and sold-out soon, I am pretty sure there is no chance of Pearl Jam getting around an "exclusive" contract with the BDO.

Just want to point out that isnt my page i found it and figured i would shar it. i also realise theres f all chance of a sideshow but we can only dream
  • Options
    we can only dream

we can always dream :)
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088

I thought there might have been a small chance of something on the second Sydney BDO date, but I guess not (so far).
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859

Jeez, you got some attitude on that page. I'm not joining it. :corn:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options

Jeez, you got some attitude on that page. I'm not joining it. :corn:
    haha, i see what you mean i posted the link without even looking at it. just had a look at some of the comments, :fp: :fp:
    ( just to make it clear i am not responsible for that page just posted the link for anyone you wanted to see it etc)
  • Options
    2months 29days to Auckland BDO!
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    does anyone know if any of this merch we are seeing from this tour will be available at bdo. are they allowed to sell their own merch at festivals like this?
  • Options
    Always band merch (their own merch) at BDO.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    cool, thanks
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/big-day-out-2014-10m-loss-could-spell-the-end/

Potentially bad news for future BDO's and possibly Aucklands BDO 2014.
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218

I wonder if we could argue for a side show in Tassie.. :lol:

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options

Every year there is an article like this.
    I am sure it is just creative writing on behalf of the journalist here.
    *shrugs*
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364

*shrugs*

if the numbers are true, then it doesn't matter about the journo guessing if NZ will be cancelled. a $10m loss is still a $10m loss either way.

see pearl jam, we warned you that it's a shit festival, but you didn't listen and took the cash.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options

*shrugs*

if the numbers are true, then it doesn't matter about the journo guessing if NZ will be cancelled. a $10m loss is still a $10m loss either way.

see pearl jam, we warned you that it's a shit festival, but you didn't listen and took the cash.

I'll wait and see what happens.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    It will suck if the NZ leg is cancelled but I guess that just means I have to grab a ticket for Australia. Which one will be the nicest?

On the other hand if it goes ahead and BDO is cancelled following that, it will mean I've been to 3 "last BDOs ever"! Neat!
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    It will suck if the NZ leg is cancelled but I guess that just means I have to grab a ticket for Australia. Which one will be the nicest?

On the other hand if it goes ahead and BDO is cancelled following that, it will mean I've been to 3 "last BDOs ever"! Neat!

If NZ is cancelled for 2014 and they only go ahead with the Australia dates, I suggest Melbourne.
    Melbourne is a smaller venue for the festival, it has a better layout in terms of seeing other bands, in my opinion.
    Melbourne crowd are usually nicer than the Gold Coast crowd.
    I haven't hit Sydney BDO before, but I am assuming it is larger than Melbourne.
    Melbourne is a cooler city to hang out in as well.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    farryfarry Jakarta, Indonesia Posts: 31
    Hi all, in particularly Australians,

How about the bush fire nearing Sydney. I heard it's pretty bad.
    How is it downtown? A lot of smoke?
    And will it be resolved by January?

I'm heading for BDO Sydney and hope my 1st Pearl Jam experience will be flawless. :)

Thanks.
    Farry Aprianto
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    BDO 2014 Melbourne + Sydney

#BringPearlJamToIndonesia
  • Options
    farry wrote:

I'm heading for BDO Sydney and hope my 1st Pearl Jam experience will be flawless. :)

Thanks.

It'll be fine.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    farry wrote:

Thanks.

I would hope that there are no fires still burning in the Blue Mountains in January. That doesn't mean that there won't be more though as January is the hottest month of the year. Anyway you should be safe in the big city .. you just have to worry about the people there. ;)
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

If NZ is cancelled for 2014 and they only go ahead with the Australia dates, I suggest Melbourne.
    Melbourne is a smaller venue for the festival, it has a better layout in terms of seeing other bands, in my opinion.

I'm secretly hoping BDO 2014 is cancelled and PJ decide to do a proper tour here next year.. hopefully later in the year. It's their fault BDO is broke anyway .. $10 million!! ;)
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

I've been to all of the major Australian cities so I'm not too bothered about the "visiting" aspect, I'll probably only pop over for a couple of days. Still, if Melbourne is a nice venue that sounds good. My cousin lives in Melbourne too, so that could work out well...
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    E.K wrote:

I'm secretly hoping BDO 2014 is cancelled and PJ decide to do a proper tour here next year.. hopefully later in the year. It's their fault BDO is broke anyway .. $10 million!! ;)
    That would be a NIGHTMARE for me :lol::lol::lol:

How about if BDO is cancelled and instead PJ plays those same venues on those same dates instead? :lol::lol:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:
    E.K wrote:

That would be a NIGHTMARE for me :lol::lol::lol:

How about if BDO is cancelled and instead PJ plays those same venues on those same dates instead? :lol::lol:

Yeah I realise that it would be bad news for those who have already booked airfares and accommodation. But you would still enjoy Australia in January as it's the middle of summer. There is heaps you could do or just be a beach bum.

Good idea though. PJ shows only at the same venues instead of that festival which no-one really likes. :clap:8-)
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,641
    mj351 wrote:

That would be awesome since I'm heading there after Sydney......

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    mj351 wrote:

That would be awesome since I'm heading there after Sydney......

PJ have never played in Tasmania and I don't think they're going to start now .. they're not even giving us a proper tour next year.
  • Options
    farryfarry Jakarta, Indonesia Posts: 31
    (With kind permission to Princess Bulldozer)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=223311

Dear all Jamily & friends,

The Indonesian Pearl Jam fans club has deployed a campaign to bring Pearl Jam to play show in Indonesia. We are in close co-operation with local concert promoter to make it happen.

Currently it is under talks between local concert promoter & booking agent/Pearl Jam management and we are still waiting for another country's decision for a "Pearl Jam Asian Tour." If that country is a go then "Pearl Jam Asian Tour" is on. It is so that they can cover some countries in Asia in one tour.

The plan is to continue "Pearl Jam Asian Tour" from Big Day Out in Australia to do 'stand-alone' shows in Indonesia and some countries in Asian region.

Should that happen, will you guys be coming to Indonesia (and other Asian countries) to attend the shows? Currently we are aiming for Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. If there's (also) a show in Bali, would you guys come? I believe you guys know Bali more, right?

This is just a test case of whether international fans of Pearl Jam will come to a tropical country which haven't seen Pearl Jam live for 23 years now (24 years in 2014.) It would be awesome for us all jamily to dance to "Lightning Bolt" live under the tropical sun (or moon.) :D

PJJKT14-S_zpsfa28b88f.jpg
    Farry Aprianto
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    BDO 2014 Melbourne + Sydney

#BringPearlJamToIndonesia