Options

For Sale/Trade: NICE signed Eddie Signed RS Cover (1999)

Ahr MannAhr Mann Posts: 141
edited October 2013 in Lost Dogs
I was going to put this on eBay, but decided to see if I could get any decent offers from 10c members (keep it in the family, right?). Feel free to PM me w/ any offers if you're interested...looking for cash or a Gibson Les Paul/SG :)

CIMG2962.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,477
    Ahr Mann wrote:
    I was going to put this on eBay, but decided to see if I could get any decent offers from 10c members (keep it in the family, right?). Feel free to PM me w/ any offers if you're interested...looking for cash or a Gibson Les Paul/SG :)

CIMG2962.jpg

You need to post a price. Auctions are against the forum rules.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs wrote:
    Ahr Mann wrote:

Oh crap, sorry. Let's start with something silly like $750 and go from there...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,593
    Ahr Mann wrote:
    on2legs wrote:
    Ahr Mann wrote:

Oh crap, sorry. Let's start with something silly like $750 and go from there...

You'll be hard-pressed to find anyone willing to pay $750 for that fake signature around these parts.

eBay might be your best bet.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    :nono:
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,448
    Did you get this signed by ED ?
    or is it something you bought ?
    How old is the signature ?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Message edited as I'm tired of responding to negative bullshit with yet more negative bullshit.

The sig is real, and this site is oddly hostile.
    Post edited by Ahr Mann on
  • Options
    DavidD wrote:

^
  • Options
    DavidD wrote:

^

1) No
    2) Gift from a broker
    3) 14 years

But does it really make a difference at this point?
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    Ahr Mann wrote:
    "You'll be hard-pressed to find anyone willing to pay $750 for that fake signature around these parts.

eBay might be your best bet."

It's not fake, but thanks for playing. Now I know why people hate this forum.

When that magazine came out Eddie had already chanced his signature a bit, his "E" it's more like a "C" with a "-" in the middle, also it looks like a early 2000's sig and again that magazine it's from a couple years ago.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    Ahr Mann wrote:
    DavidD wrote:

^

1) No
    2) Gift from a broker
    3) 14 years

14 years? I guess your broker friend has a time machine that magazine it's not 14 years old...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    I don't know anything about this cover, but I googled it and this came up

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_2768471/rolling-stone-magazine-united-states-30-september-1999/

Seems like it is from 1999. There is one on ebay that states it is from 99 as well.
  • Options
    I don't know anything about this cover, but I googled it and this came up

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_2768471/rolling-stone-magazine-united-states-30-september-1999/

Seems like it is from 1999. There is one on ebay that states it is from 99 as well.

Oh man my bad, sorry!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    I hate when people get attacked on this forum. People come here thinking one thing and post what they think and get blasted for it. I don't know anything about Ed autos so I am not a lot of help in stating if one is legit or not.

If this auto is not legit, people are acting like the OP knows this and is trying to fuck people over. How about people have an open discussion/debate with the op instead of attacking him/her. Some people obviously think it is a fake. How about you state why it is a fake and give examples. One person has done this. If you think it is a fake, please be civil to the OP and tell him/her why. And if anyone thinks this is real, chime in as well and state why.
  • Options
    I hate when people get attacked on this forum. People come here thinking one thing and post what they think and get blasted for it. I don't know anything about Ed autos so I am not a lot of help it stating if one is legit or not.

If this auto is not legit, people are acting like the OP knows this and is trying to fuck people over. How about people have an open discussion/debate with the op instead of attacking him/her. Some people obviously think it is a fake. How about you state why it is a fake and give examples. One person has done this. If you think it is a fake, please be civil to the OP and tell him/her why. And if anyone thinks this is real, chime in as well and state why.

My intention/tone was never to attack or be hostile. I simply stated the obvious: the seller was going to have a difficult time finding a buyer to fork over $750 for a signature that was blatantly fake (and a poor example at that). A seller can't plead ignorance when posting an item for sale, asking $750 for said item, and hoping to lure a buyer into handing over the cash without someone else chiming in to prevent that sale if it meant the buyer would be flushing his/her cash down the toilet for a fake signature. As you said so yourself "you don't know anything about Ed autos" so have faith when one is called into question it's likely for good reason.
    Ahr Mann wrote:
    DavidD wrote:

^

1) No
    2) Gift from a broker
    3) 14 years

It certainly does make a difference at this point, as perhaps you didn't realize it when you created this thread but the gift you received from said broker is a fake signature. If this causes you anger/frustration that wasn't my intention. However, the signature was such a blatant fake that a warning had to be shared publicly.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    I don't mind that you stated it was fake. However, it was a piss poor way to do it. Tell him why it is a "blatant fake". That was what I was saying. Just stating your opinion like it is fact without supporting what you say isn't/wasn't the way to go imo.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    can you guys really tell just by looking at that?

Skllz

thats pretty cool though
  • Options
    I don't mind that you stated it was fake. However, it was a piss poor way to do it. Tell him why it is a "blatant fake". That was what I was saying. Just stating your opinion like it is fact without supporting what you say isn't/wasn't the way to go imo.

There are gross inaccuracies present in that signature. The E in Eddie (looking as though an initial E was signed and then turned into a "double E" with one top of the other) and V in Vedder (with "wings" on the V) are the tell-tale signs.

• Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

Skllz

thats pretty cool though

No, they can't. But my fault for not getting a COA beforehand. Won't make that mistake again.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

Skllz

thats pretty cool though

No, they can't. But my fault for not getting a COA beforehand. Won't make that mistake again.

Thanks to everyone who didn't respond like a pratt :)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    A COA means nothing dude. I wouldn't waste your time ...,
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,448
    Not bashing anyone just looking for info.