Options

ISO Vault #3 Vinyl

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    DewieCox wrote:
    RK268484 wrote:
    I am all for creating the mystique of the Vault series.

But, it seems like they could produce a bit of an overrun based on the success of the presale.

I think we would all rather pay 10C to purchase these than the flipper.

It seems like 10C is playing right into the flippers hands by creating this mess.

End rant...

Vinyl is niche.
    Live albums are niche.

I find it hard to fault 10c for this. It was up for sale, in unlimited quantities, for a couple weeks. Check the site once a week or so and you'll be covered.
    Agreed. There was plenty of opportunity. If someone is really interested in PJ merch, then they should be paying close enough attention to catch the sales.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RK268484 wrote:
    This was available for a while. I don't fault the 10c at all this time.

I don't think anyone can really fault the 10C on how they handled this. Beautiful product at a fair price.

But...I do think that 10C should take some action.

It is obvious that the supply does not satisfy the demand for this item.

Wouldn't we rather have the 10C make the money than the flippers?
    How can made-to-order not satisfy the demand? All that happened is that some people aren't bothering to be proactive and keep their eyes open for sales. I don't see why 10C should have to worry about these people. If you're into something, you need to do something. Not just sit there and wait for it to come to you.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RK268484 wrote:
    This was available for a while. I don't fault the 10c at all this time.

I don't think anyone can really fault the 10C on how they handled this. Beautiful product at a fair price.

But...I do think that 10C should take some action.

It is obvious that the supply does not satisfy the demand for this item.

Wouldn't we rather have the 10C make the money than the flippers?
    How can made-to-order not satisfy the demand? All that happened is that some people aren't bothering to be proactive and keep their eyes open for sales. I don't see why 10C should have to worry about these people. If you're into something, you need to do something. Not just sit there and wait for it to come to you.

I missed out on the White Backspacer vinyl somehow. I wished I would have been a dork and checked this site that has the exact same thing on it 87% of the time. Then once every 3 or so years something special comes up and either they email about it or not
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    pjradio wrote:
    The issue regarding the demand is that there is demand outside of the 10C member fan base. That is the economic fact.

There is going to be demand from people who either aren't willing to shell out the membership fee who missed out or didn't know that there was even a 10C to begin with. There are "general" fans who might like this release that didn't know there was such a product available until they hit the after market.

As a solution, there could be a tier pricing system for members and non members. Members pay a lower price than a non-member. This would be a better way for 10C to enjoy capturing more of the market demand.

Don't believe this was an economic decision for the band, if so, they would have made it available everywhere... & of course there is going to be a demand from non-members...however, this was an exclusive, 10C MEMBERS ONLY sale...thats one of the perks for being a member. "General" fans are SOL...as it should be. Or else pony up like the rest of us.
    yep
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    b2zerb2zer Posts: 199
    If i receive my copy of vault 3 i can trade it for lost dogs or rvm.
  • Options
    Darn. I missed that one completely.

Does anyone know what the original price was?
  • Options
    gregk1972 wrote:
    Darn. I missed that one completely.

Does anyone know what the original price was?
    $50