Blood
    Even Flow
    Baba O'Riley
    Indifference
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    evsgjamm wrote:
    I hear ya. I had the same thing happen to me, but from an entirely different "band" called Neverending White Lights. Stumbled on it by fluke in 2005 during a tough time and that fucking album changed the way I dealt with my stuff at that time. I played it on full blast for 3 straight days; even when I left the house, I left it cranked over the surround sound. I slept with it cranked, I ate with it cranked, I lived... with that first album titled "Act I - Goodbye Friends of the Heavenly Bodies" and I'm glad I did. Now though? I have stopped listening to it entirely. BUT it's still one of my most favorite and most certainly memorable and "effective" albums of my life. Music is life's band-aid.

I relate to that 100%. Happened to me totally unexpectedly with Nada Surf's The Weight is a Gift. A band i had never heard of except for (crappy) song, and that album really grabbed me and spoke to me about loss, relationships, maturing, and letting go. I should probably listen to it again right now actually....

i wish a PJ album would hit me that hard again...No Code was the last one to hit me as a united whole of an album, for me personally. I love Yield and all of the rest after, but none of 'em have been life-changing (tho many of the songs alone are...)
    cheers

MAD RESPECT. It makes me wonder, why has a Pearl Jam album in it's in entirety, never ever ever EVER made me feel the way that unknown Neverending White Lights album did? Some things just don't have answers I suppose. On the other hand, there are individual songs by Pearl Jam that I'll ball my eyes out to when I sing them out loud along with Ed. Numero uno being "Release" - right when he says "Oh dear dad, can you see me now. I am myself. Like youuuuuuuu, somehowwwww... oh i WAIT UP.... in ...the DARRRRK..... FOR YOU TO .. SPEEEAK TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee.... I III OhhhPEN'UuuuP.... RELEASE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee .. RELEASE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee ... RELEASE MEEEE EE EEEE EEEEEEEeeeeeee aye.. RELEASE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (usually start crying ferociously here)eeeeeeeee.....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH aye.... oHHHHHHHHHH oo OH oh oh Oahohhhh. ahohhhh ahEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(then for some reason i start smiling... even laughing right here) eeeeeeee HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeah" ya. that line :lol: *sniff sniff* :lol:
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    Easily in my top 9 favorite studio albums...

...at least for a few more weeks :D
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    we were discussing MITS a few days ago, how great that song is, ST is my second fav, and I concur with Alli aka PJ_Soul, ST, Binaural and Riot Act kick ass, I was really buzzed with the release of that album since a few months before I say PJ live for the first time, and this album wasn't anything like Binaural and Riot Act, which kick ass, but this one is more rock and roll, I love it, and I agree with the dude who said that Inside Job is the best PJ closer of all PJ albums, I listen to it the day before yesterday and I still love it as much as the first time I listened to it, Comatose, Severed Hand, MITS, Unemployable, Army Reserve and Inside Job are too much for one album, of course Life Wasted and WWS rocks, Parachutes and Gone are pretty damn good too, and in the past years, with shows and PJ20 film I grew a lot of love for LW, WR and Come back. My top PJ albums is Vitalogy, and even though ST didn't blow my mind and amazed me as much as Vitalogy did, ST is pretty close to Vitalogy... time to listen to ST again, this time reading the lyrics...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    I prefer it as an album to Riot Act, although there are a handful of majestic Riot Act songs that are better than anything on Avocado - I'm talking about I Am Mine, All Or None and Arc.

Like: Life Wasted, Worldwide Suicide, Severed Hand, Unemployable & Army Reserve are all great. Not their best, but solid tunes, that I would always welcome creeping into a setlist. Like the energy in Big Wave, however this song gets alot of stick on here. Much prefer it to Get Right, Ghost, Help Help, Save You from Riot Act though. Love the intro to Inside Job and the early verses, kind of loses its way by the end though.

Don't Like : Production, compressed, too much loudness - The worst produced studio album by Pearl Jam in my opinion. Eddie's voice seems to be straining. Comatose sounds like a band 'trying' to be heavy. Come Back is an absolute cheeseball, and Gone is just plain ordinary. Never cared for Parachutes, when I compare that song to All Or None, Nothingman, Black, Off He Goes, or Around The Bend, it really is nowhere near the best of their ballads.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Here's to hoping Pearl Jam gives their fans the first 'Pearl Jam' album in over ten years.
    Huh? What does that mean??
    How about just hoping that you personally enjoy the new album more than you did the ones of the last ten years?
    I personally absolutely LOVE Binaural, Riot Act, and Avocado a lot, and think that every PJ album is uniquely and noticeably 'Pearl Jam'.... whatever the fuck that means.

Oh, and no. Not liking some music doesn't make you an asshole. :lol:

I just meant that Riot Act was the last album that felt like it was Pearl Jam. Their newer stuff seems more middle of the road. Sure, every album has that distinct Pearl Jam sound, but the 'feel' has been different since '03.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Love this album SO much! Also LOVE this boot because of my love for ST

PALAISOZAKI
    TORINO, ITALY
    Tue 19 September, 2006

SET 1
    Go
    Corduroy
    Animal
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Life Wasted
    World Wide Suicide
    Comatose
    Severed Hand
    Marker In The Sand
    Parachutes
    Unemployable
    Big Wave
    Gone
    Wasted Reprise
    Army Reserve
    Come Back
    Inside Job
    Do The Evolution
    Rearviewmirror

ENCORE 1
    Jeremy
    Lukin
    Better Man
    Black
    Tremor Christ
    Alive

ENCORE 2
    Blood
    Even Flow
    Baba O'Riley
    Indifference

Anyone know where I can find a copy of this?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    OP, you just nailed it. So true.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV