Options

What's the best album closing song that Pearl Jam has?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    WhyGo91 wrote:
    1) Release
    2) Indifference
    3) Hey Foxy...(stupid mop)
    4) Around the Bend
    5) All Those Yesterdays
    6) Parting Ways
    7) All or None
    8) Inside Job
    9) The End

*we should bring back this thread when Lightning Bolt comes out so we can include Future Days*

My vote is either Indifference, All Those Yesterdays, or Inside Job!

You can't count hey foxy as an album closer. Immortality is the album closer. If that's the case you should include writers block and hummus too. So my order would be:
    release
    immortality
    indifference
    parting ways (to me, pj's most underrated song)
    all those yesterdays
    around the bend
    then the next 3 all are tied (they don't do much for me)

and i agree, inside job is way overrated. it really bores me studio and live. that intro is just never ending!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Parting Ways.

Perfect ending to an album.

"Driftin' away...."
  • Options
    WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639
    Parting Ways.

"Driftin' away...."

Man, ever since I've seen you on the forums I've been meaning to compliment you on your forum username haha. I love the X-Files and actually I'm re-watching the series on Netflix as we speak, just got through season 3 :D
    446927_artist.jpg?0119
  • Options
    WhyGo91 wrote:
    Parting Ways.

"Driftin' away...."

Man, ever since I've seen you on the forums I've been meaning to compliment you on your forum username haha. I love the X-Files and actually I'm re-watching the series on Netflix as we speak, just got through season 3 :D

Thanks, buddy. I'm actually doing the same thing and I just finished 8. Season 6 will always be my favourite but 3 had my favourite episode: Jose Chung's From Outer Space.
  • Options
    WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639
    WhyGo91 wrote:
    Parting Ways.

"Driftin' away...."

Thanks, buddy. I'm actually doing the same thing and I just finished 8. Season 6 will always be my favourite but 3 had my favourite episode: Jose Chung's From Outer Space.
    YES!!! Also, the first few episodes of season 3 are major cliffhangers haha. Idk why but it drives me nuts every time even though i've seen them many times before :lol:
    446927_artist.jpg?0119
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    For me, it's "Release" by a mile. Ten isn't even close to being my favorite album, but "Release" is one of my very favorite PJ songs. Maybe number 1.

"All or None" would be my second choice. Fantastic closer for Riot Act - just love it.

My least favorite by a thousand miles is "The End". I don't really mind the song itself (though don't like it all that much), but I absolutely HATE it as a closer for Backspacer. It comes close to ruining the album for me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    Soon Forget
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Now that's a tough one!
    I'll say a tie between Release, Parting ways and All those yesterdays

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    This band is so cool... how come we are here talking about the best closing song and you look at a list like this.
    I love this band! :D

Yield is my fav album, therefore my vote goes to All Those Yesterdays.
    In love with music
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thinks stupid mop is a kickass way to end an album?
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    WhyGo91 wrote:
    1) Release
    2) Indifference
    3) Hey Foxy...(stupid mop)
    4) Around the Bend
    5) All Those Yesterdays
    6) Parting Ways
    7) All or None
    8) Inside Job
    9) The End

*we should bring back this thread when Lightning Bolt comes out so we can include Future Days*

My vote is either Indifference, All Those Yesterdays, or Inside Job!

You can't count hey foxy as an album closer. Immortality is the album closer. If that's the case you should include writers block and hummus too. So my order would be:
    release
    immortality
    indifference
    parting ways (to me, pj's most underrated song)
    all those yesterdays
    around the bend
    then the next 3 all are tied (they don't do much for me)

and i agree, inside job is way overrated. it really bores me studio and live. that intro is just never ending!

Stupid mop is listed as the last song on the album, it has to count. Writer's block and hummus aren't listed. Not my thread, but they were my rules :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Rules suck :lol: Probably as much as stupid mop.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thinks stupid mop is a kickass way to end an album?
    You're probably not the only one. I personally hate the song, if it is even a song, but different opinions are what makes the earth turn. So hats off to ya.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    LBCLBC Posts: 74
    Indifference
    Inside Job
    All those Yesterdays
    Release
    Around the Bend
    Parting Ways
    The End
    All or none
    Hey Foxy
    A truant finds home
  • Options
    Greatest
    1) Release

Great
    2) Indifference
    3) All Those Yesterdays
    4) All or None
    5) Parting Ways
    6) The End

The Others
    7) Around the Bend
    8) Inside Job
    9) Hey Foxy...(stupid mop)
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    No contest - RELEASE.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    My favourites would be:

Release
    Inside Job
    Around The Bend
    www.robinguiton.com