Options

Wrigley S/N EMEK story.....

rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
edited August 2013 in Lost Dogs
so i got my poster and notice it is different than the rest ive seen on ebay....its numbered and embossed in the bottom left like the rest, s/n gum as well, and it has the skull doodle in the bottom right- however, no Emek sign under the skull doodle!!! i email him some pics and to ask if others are like this as well or just a random mistake (wasnt complaining at all), he responds almost immediately, and says he must have been interrupted by his kids or something...offered to pay to have me send it in and signed, so humble and cool. I feel like having it signed will make it like the other 99, like this it is literally one-of-a-kind... what would you do???

-whitey
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 949
    Wow, totally cool of him.

Interesting dilemma though, probably best to have his signature on the work though IMO
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    have him sign it....you might get something alittle extra special from him too
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,059
    yes have him sign it and then ask him for more gum to give to all of us on Lost Dogs!
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking too
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    If its for personal consumption and you will never trade/sell it. I would keep it as is. Its kind of cool that way.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I say if you want it signed, you should pay for the shipping (both ways) out of your own pocket.

But I'm not the kind of person who bugs businesses if something isn't exactly as described.
  • Options
    PJCubsPJCubs Posts: 291
    Send it back. Pay for shipping both ways. Agree with above post.
    Soldier Field - 7.11.95
    Chicago - 5.16.06
    Chicago - 8.24.09
    Eddie Vedder @ Chicago Theatre - 6.28.11
    PJ20 - 9.3.11
    Wrigley Field - 7.19 / Pittsburgh - 10.10 / Buffalo - 10.11
    Philadelphia 2 - 10.22 / Portland - 11.29 / Spokane - 11.30
    Amsterdam - 6.16 & 6.17 / Milan - 6.20
  • Options
    i didnt ask him to pay for anything, it didnt even cross my mind. he brought it up....im keeping it as is anyway
  • Options
    I say if you want it signed, you should pay for the shipping (both ways) out of your own pocket.

But I'm not the kind of person who bugs businesses if something isn't exactly as described.

i agree with not bugging businesses as well..... i dont think inquiring about a S/N poster that isnt signed is necessarily bugging the business(artist)...
  • Options
    maybe in canada thats bugging the business....
  • Options
    law21 wrote:

i agree with not bugging businesses as well..... i dont think inquiring about a S/N poster that isnt signed is necessarily bugging the business(artist)...
    I agree
  • Options
    RK268484 wrote:

So, the thing is supposed to have an autograph and you think it's bugging the business to ask about AND pay shipping to have it done?

Wow. Tough crowd.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    FrankBauerFrankBauer Posts: 448
    whole point of paying a premium for an S/N print is to get the artists sig. emek realizes this so thats why he offered to pay for shipping both ways. so i think its strange a few here think its an annoyance on emek.

pay for shipping back to him, and emek will cover return shipping. and he'll probably include something extra for your hassle. or you can really try and suck up and pay for shipping both ways and request a cool doodle too. 8-)
  • Options
    sounds like it is basically worthless - you should sell it to me cheap 8-)
  • Options
    RK268484 wrote:

So, the thing is supposed to have an autograph and you think it's bugging the business to ask about AND pay shipping to have it done?

Wow. Tough crowd.

Not trying to be tough.

This is just how I would do it.

My hope would be for him to say 'wow this dude is cool and not some flipper that wants to make money off my shit' and then you never know where that leads. Maybe he sends something entirely unique back or signs his poster in a unique way that sets it apart from the rest...who knows. The small expense of paying for shipping might pay off big down the road! All good! Peace!
    Soldier Field - 7.11.95
    Chicago - 5.16.06
    Chicago - 8.24.09
    PJ20 - 9.3.11
  • Options
    RK268484 wrote:
    RK268484 wrote:

Wow. Tough crowd.

Not trying to be tough.

My hope would be for him to say 'wow this dude is cool and not some flipper that wants to make money off my shit' and then you never know where that leads. Maybe he sends something entirely unique back or signs his poster in a unique way that sets it apart from the rest...who knows. The small expense of paying for shipping might pay off big down the road! All good! Peace!

So your goal was to flip it back to the artist for more goods while getting to keep the print. Interesting. :lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    make him guess a number 1-100 and if he gets it right, you pay for shipping
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    MayDay10 wrote:

+1 :lol::lol::lol:
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    SZ303389SZ303389 Posts: 453
    MayDay10 wrote:
    If its for personal consumption and you will never trade/sell it. I would keep it as is. Its kind of cool that way.

i agree, leave it! its one of a kind! i was told by one of these artists that their signature depletes the value anyway, seriously.
    ShawnZ
  • Options
    SZ303389SZ303389 Posts: 453
    Indi4ence wrote:
    That's what I was thinking too

now you think he "owes" you something?
    ShawnZ
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,306
    MayDay10 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

that was funny

OP...if i was you,i would keep it as it is..

Cool Emek offered to you this shipping offer,,its what proffecionals should do..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PjdreamerPjdreamer Posts: 318
    Send it back emek would want you to, he will add some extra handbills for sure or possibly something else.
    Pjdreamer
  • Options

Wow. Tough crowd.[/quote]

Not trying to be tough.

My hope would be for him to say 'wow this dude is cool and not some flipper that wants to make money off my shit' and then you never know where that leads. Maybe he sends something entirely unique back or signs his poster in a unique way that sets it apart from the rest...who knows. The small expense of paying for shipping might pay off big down the road! All good! Peace![/quote]

So your goal was to flip it back to the artist for more goods while getting to keep the print. Interesting. :lol:[/quote]

Not at all. Chill.

You are looking at it the wrong way.

The artist made an honest mistake.

The customer politely pointed it out.

The artist apologized and offered to sign it.

To ask the artist to pay for shipping is trivial.

Take the high road and to the right thing.

It may come back in spades.
    Soldier Field - 7.11.95
    Chicago - 5.16.06
    Chicago - 8.24.09
    PJ20 - 9.3.11
  • Options
    KC70033KC70033 Posts: 84
    I would send it to him for sure.. It's a cool story without the sig but it will be even cooler once its signed and sent back!!

Go for it!!

Emek wouldn't mind to pay for shipping... U deserve what you bought and I'm sure he's very appreciative of what pj fans have meant to his business
    Kevin frank