******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited August 2013
    JK_Livin wrote:
    One game people, one game. So, because the media chooses to report on the music Chip plays at practice and that he wants his players to not eat like fat slobs, he's an idiot? Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe he should bring some rehabbing family members to spice things up around camp.

An offensive draft is irrelevant, 4 of top 5 draft picks from last year's draft were defensive players. You take the best player, not a need. For example, Jaiquan Jarrett. They signed a lot of D players in FA.

Once again it's one game for a new coach in a new league. You guys are really going to suffer this year if one preseason game gets y'all jacked up.

It was just nice watching Eagles football again.

I'm not basing my opinion on one game. I'm more concerned with kelly putting his faith in two browns coordinators. or the fact that the oregon defensive coordinator said that kelly wasn't involved with any facet of the defense during his time at oregon. he didn't even sit in on meetings or anything. And the vick thing...it doesn't make any sense to me to have him on this team.

4 or 5 win season ahead. hopefully the fans will love his press conferences. :roll:

We are entering the Bizzaro Buddy Ryan Era. They will score a bunch and not be able to stop anyone. And for some reason the fans will love it, even though they won't come close to winning anything
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    pjhawks wrote:

I think it's a legitimate question to ask a new coach who has never coached in the NFL about treating professional players like they are college kids. I laugh every time I think of Chip Kelly asking McCoy or Jackson about their sleep habits.

Pete Carroll runs the Seattle ship the same way and it's paying dividends out here. Just sayin.

carroll had an nfl pedigree long before he got to seattle. not even remotely close to the kelly situation
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    One game people, one game. So, because the media chooses to report on the music Chip plays at practice and that he wants his players to not eat like fat slobs, he's an idiot? Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe he should bring some rehabbing family members to spice things up around camp.

An offensive draft is irrelevant, 4 of top 5 draft picks from last year's draft were defensive players. You take the best player, not a need. For example, Jaiquan Jarrett. They signed a lot of D players in FA.

Once again it's one game for a new coach in a new league. You guys are really going to suffer this year if one preseason game gets y'all jacked up.

I'm not basing my opinion on one game. I'm more concerned with kelly putting his faith in two browns coordinators. or the fact that the oregon defensive coordinator said that kelly wasn't involved with any facet of the defense during his time at oregon. he didn't even sit in on meetings or anything. And the vick thing...it doesn't make any sense to me to have him on this team.

4 or 5 win season ahead. hopefully the fans will love his press conferences. :roll:

We are entering the Bizzaro Buddy Ryan Era. They will score a bunch and not be able to stop anyone. And for some reason the fans will love it, even though they won't come close to winning anything

You guys sure did turn that press conference comment into a mushroom cloud. Because he has quick responses and actually gives an answer when applicable rather than fumbling over his words, is that a bad thing? Once again, it was an observation. I guess to you 4 wins this year is worse than 4 wins last year.

No matter who was the new coach, how could anyone foresee someone coming in here and fix this D in one year?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

You guys sure did turn that press conference comment into a mushroom cloud. Because he has quick responses and actually gives an answer when applicable rather than fumbling over his words, is that a bad thing? Once again, it was an observation. I guess to you 4 wins this year is worse than 4 wins last year.

No matter who was the new coach, how could anyone foresee someone coming in here and fix this D in one year?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't understand the fans' fascination with press conferences. Like I mentioned, belichick says less than anyone...eagles fans probably would have run him outta town too. it's no coincidence that buddy ryan is still beloved in this town, even though he never won a playoff game here. a consensus that stupid would only happen in philly

1 year, 2 years, 10 years. I don't think it's going to matter. Kelly has never been interested in defense...don't see why that is going to change now. The fact that billy davis is given the responsibility of building the defense doesn't inspire much confidence.

In today's joke of an NFL defense is less important than it's ever been. Kelly's track record is to ignore defense. Hopefully they can find a way to outscore teams. With his system I don't see it happening...this year or any other year
    The Fixer wrote:
    I don't understand the fans' fascination with press conferences. Like I mentioned, belichick says less than anyone...eagles fans probably would have run him outta town too. it's no coincidence that buddy ryan is still beloved in this town, even though he never won a playoff game here. a consensus that stupid would only happen in philly

1 year, 2 years, 10 years. I don't think it's going to matter. Kelly has never been interested in defense...don't see why that is going to change now. The fact that billy davis is given the responsibility of building the defense doesn't inspire much confidence.

In today's joke of an NFL defense is less important than it's ever been. Kelly's track record is to ignore defense. Hopefully they can find a way to outscore teams. With his system I don't see it happening...this year or any other year

Fascination?? Here we go again :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Instead of hiring a defensive minded coach for the D, maybe he should have hired an offensive line coach. That's an example of the mentality that was replaced.

If you think Chip is a smart man, then why not give it a little time to see if the D will work.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Fascination?? Here we go again :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Instead of hiring a defensive minded coach for the D, maybe he should have hired an offensive line coach. That's an example of the mentality that was replaced.

If you think Chip is a smart man, then why not give it a little time to see if the D will work.

yeah, reid's offenses were awful :roll: . Might want to look at the point scored rankings during his tenure.

Kelly has never been involved with the defensive side of the ball (didn't attend meetings...or have any involvement in game planning during his oregon tenure. The Oregon DC said that while kelly was there not once did he go to him with input on how to prepare for an opponent). So yeah, I don't see how he's going to suddenly do well at a more competitive level...but that's just common sense talking (especially with billy davis' track record). Why do you have any faith in kelly/davis developing a quality defense?

Who was the last coach without an nfl pedigree to successfully jump from college to the nfl? Pretty sure there's only been one HC in NFL history who had success without prior nfl experience.

As eagle fans have proven over the last 30 years, they are more concerned about what coaches say than how their teams perform.
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, reid's offenses were awful :roll: . Might want to look at the point scored rankings during his tenure.

Kelly has never been involved with the defensive side of the ball (didn't attend meetings...or have any involvement in game planning during his oregon tenure. The Oregon DC said that while kelly was there not once did he go to him with input on how to prepare for an opponent). So yeah, I don't see how he's going to suddenly do well at a more competitive level...but that's just common sense talking (especially with billy davis' track record). Why do you have any faith in kelly/davis developing a quality defense?

Who was the last coach without an nfl pedigree to successfully jump from college to the nfl? Pretty sure there's only been one HC in NFL history who had success without prior nfl experience.

As eagle fans have proven over the last 30 years, they are more concerned about what coaches say than how their teams perform.

This isn't even part of the discussion. How do you make this stuff up? I didn't even mention Reid or the Eagles offense during his tenure.

You gotta have faith, faith, faith baby!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't agree with that guy often but he is correct when saying there was a fascination by many in this thread (and the eagles fan base in general) who were obsessed that Andy said nothing in his press conferences, as if being boring was more important than winning games (and the complaints started long before the losing). these same people were generally giddy after Chip Kelly's 1st press conference.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Looks like Vick will be the starter.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710

yeah probably. Foles didn't look too bad though.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

This isn't even part of the discussion. How do you make this stuff up? I didn't even mention Reid or the Eagles offense during his tenure.

You gotta have faith, faith, faith baby!

You made reference to the guy kelly replaced. It was only a few posts ago :roll:

Blind optimism. Great way to view things

worst case scenario. he just wont go away. he's like will ferrell's character in austin powers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited August 2013
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhady!

step in the right direction last night boys. Step in the right direction.

Edit--just read some of the nonsense posts from the -first preseason game-. Haha. Guys--this is 1999. Andy Reid left this team in ruins. It's going to take a long time to clean up his mess. Just relax and watch this team, hopefully, grow.

Last night was fun to watch.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Cary "cushion" Williams.

I still can't understand how a grown man can't slide feet 1st instead of diving head 1st. If Dennis Dixon and every other QB alive can do it, then #7 should be able to learn how.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Also Lane Johnson has the makings of an absolute stud at right tackle. Quite the contrast from the last offensive lineman this took in the first round.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    You made reference to the guy kelly replaced. It was only a few posts ago :roll:

I mentioned Andy in reference to chasing Jim Johnson's ghost. I guess I just feel that Chip is a smart person and has a good chance at being successful. If that's blind optimism then so be it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I mentioned Andy in reference to chasing Jim Johnson's ghost. I guess I just feel that Chip is a smart person and has a good chance at being successful. If that's blind optimism then so be it.
    I think Chip will be very good. And I dont care what anyone thinks. Let alone someone who's goal is to piss people off on the intetnet.
    Go Birds!!!!
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/0 ... ar-season/

This was very annoying last night. It was like rave music right up until and sometimes after the ball was snapped.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Also, the ST is looking solid. That has 1/3 has absolutely killed us the past 4 years. April was a turd.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Also Lane Johnson has the makings of an absolute stud at right tackle. Quite the contrast from the last offensive lineman this took in the first round.

speaking of lane Johnson did you see the pictures of his kid and his kid's hands? one of the freakiest things I've ever seen if the picture is real. google it. it's like man hands on Seinfeld except on a baby.
    pjhawks wrote:

speaking of lane Johnson did you see the pictures of his kid and his kid's hands? one of the freakiest things I've ever seen if the picture is real. google it. it's like man hands on Seinfeld except on a baby.

That pic is funny.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

comparing the 4th overall pick to someone taken at the end of the first round

sums up the eagles fan base
    edited August 2013
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I think Chip will be very good. And I dont care what anyone thinks. Let alone someone who's goal is to piss people off on the intetnet.

'who's goal'...nice.

serious question. when was the last time you and I disagreed and you were right? don't think it's ever happened

fact that you think kelly will do well makes me feel like I'm already correct. I hope you finally get in the win column
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    pjhawks wrote:

nothing is worse than brian baldingers penis curved fingers
    edited August 2013
    The Fixer wrote:

comparing the 4th overall pick to someone taken at the end of the first round

sums up the eagles fan base

yeah. 1st round picks are supposed to make an impact immediately in the nfl regardless of where they are taken. obviously one selected 4th has more upside than one taken 23rd--i would have thought that did not need to be clarified with my post as we're all pretty knowledgeable. guess not.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:

YOU'VE GOT TO SEE THE BABY!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    interesting write up on the birds new 4 te package...

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/08 ... e-package/

Panthers1afinal.png

Panthers2a.png
    chinese-happy.jpg

Panthers1afinal.png

Panthers2a.png
    I can't wait for this season. I think Ertz will be a stud in the very near future. I also think this team can finish around 500. But If I had say a number i'd say 6 wins.
    Go Birds!!!!

Panthers1afinal.png

Panthers2a.png
    I can't wait for this season. I think Ertz will be a stud in the very near future. I also think this team can finish around 500. But If I had say a number i'd say 6 wins.

they might score 30 points a game...and give up 35 points per game. :lol: just wanna see them improve. 6 wins sounds about right. but i wouldn't be surprised if they won 4 again or 8 or 9 though.

they go db's, WE SMASH YOU!
    chinese-happy.jpg