Comcasttix

TheSpectrumTheSpectrum Posts: 119
edited August 2013 in The Porch
With the Philly ticket sales quickly approaching I was just voicing my concern for the awful and detestable website known as Comcasttix.com. let me preface by saying I am great at pulling tickets from ticketmaster and live nation, but the heap of garbage known as Comcasttix makes me so insane that I can almost relate to David Burkawitz.

I've stood in lines at the wells Fargo before just to avoid that mess but that can also be a problem (I've been in fights with scalpers butting in line, the randomness of a 500 person lotterry instead of first come first serv, etc.)

What are you guys and gals doing on the 27th to get in the building?
we were but stones, your light made us stars
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BnutzBnutz Posts: 79
    I contacted Matt Kane who works for the wells Fargo center (Premium seating @ the Wells Fargo)
    Order up VIP club box tickets. They were $225 per person which includes tickets in Club Box along with 3 hours of beer, wine, soda and a food buffet. Also the best part private restrooms.
    If your interested i can forward you his contact info. They may still have tickets available.
  • TheSpectrumTheSpectrum Posts: 119
    Bnutz wrote:
    I contacted Matt Kane who works for the wells Fargo center (Premium seating @ the Wells Fargo)
    Order up VIP club box tickets. They were $225 per person which includes tickets in Club Box along with 3 hours of beer, wine, soda and a food buffet. Also the best part private restrooms.
    If your interested i can forward you his contact info. They may still have tickets available.
    Yes please PM his info. This is why PJ has the best fans. :D
  • nostackedvinylnostackedvinyl Maine Posts: 857
    Bnutz wrote:

pm sent
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    I'm in Richmond and have tix to night 1 but was buying online for night 2. I don't have the option of going to the WF center and standing in line. What are the pain points of the online service? Am I better off trying to call (sounds way worse..)
    mrussel1 wrote:
    I'm in Richmond and have tix to night 1 but was buying online for night 2. I don't have the option of going to the r and standing in line. What are the pain points of the online service? Am I better off trying to call (sounds way worse..)
    Its such an ancient system its literally a nightmare. I have never had any luck with it, meanwhile I have a perfect record for other sites including hard to see shows like 12/12/12.
    One problem is its so inconsistent. Normally you go on a website to buy tickets at the designated time of sale. Not this site. it makes you wait in a que before then. Trust me I don't want to spend 225 on a ticket but knowing that I don't have to deal with that heap of trash makes it well worth it.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i've used them a couple of times for tix without issue. (PJ and Flyers)

tickets.com is the shit service.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Haha.

I'm coming over from Sweden (Have fanclub tix to the first night) and now I'm scared...

Do PJ tix sell out at once in Philly? Maybe better to try for NY instead?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I've never had a problem with them. I got tix to all of the 2009 spectrum shows without hassle.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Haha.

I'm coming over from Sweden (Have fanclub tix to the first night) and now I'm scared...

philly is a PJ hotbed....as is NY
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,718
    Haha.

I would expect them to last less than a minute.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    Maybe its just me. If you asked me to list the worst website in the world id put Comcasttox over racist hate sites and websites that sell illegal guns. I don't want to alarm anyone I'm just speaking from personal experience. When you bought tickets to the spectrum did you stare at a circle for an hour saying "system processing, waiting in que"?
    I may go the premium route or go stand in line.
    Maybe its just me. If you asked me to list the worst website in the world id put Comcasttox over racist hate sites and websites that sell illegal guns. I don't want to alarm anyone I'm just speaking from personal experience. When you bought tickets to the spectrum did you stare at a circle for an hour saying "system processing, waiting in que"?
    I may go the premium route or go stand in line.

upon further review.....i bought my pj ticket during a late drop...not much traffic at that time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Haha.

Yeah I know, should have gone to the west coast instead I guess :)

Looked at the website. Looks like something from the 90's. Can you even register an account or anything. Looks ancient.

Guess I will have to buy from Ebay or outside the venue...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    81 wrote:
    Haha.

Yeah I know, should have gone to the west coast instead I guess :)

Looked at the website. Looks like something from the 90's. Can you even register an account or anything. Looks ancient.

Guess I will have to buy from Ebay or outside the venue...

i would try to buy now.....and then look for a late drop or extra's on here.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    I actually had to call them to figure out how to build an account ahead of time becuase I couldn't figure it out.

Let me go check out the site again and see if I can walk you through it.

boy that is one ugly site, ok, go to comcastix.com and click on Wells Fargo Center, then click on concerts, up in the right hand corner is an arrow that says sign in. You will then be taken to a screen to sign in or create an account.

\
    http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... appCode%3D

link to create an account. took me 10 minutes to find it. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited July 2013
    I don't see how creating an account could be beneficial. Its theprocess of pulling a ticket that is a nightmare.
    In all seriousness I hope everyone here gets a ticket, it was frustrating seeing all the scum scalpers (I counted around 30) waiting in line for spectrum shows in 09. Not to mention they all ordered the max amount of tickets and the box office employees knew some of them by name.
    Post edited by TheSpectrum on
    I don't see how creating an account could be beneficial. Its theprocess of getting a ticket that is a nightmare.

makes check out easier...if memory serves
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BoltOfLightnin'BoltOfLightnin' South Jersey Posts: 708
    I was hoping for some sort of pre-sale but so far nothing. :(

comcasttix.com is really bad, but my problem with them is actually finding my tickets in order to print them after I've ordered...

I was thinking about standing in line...but I'm not so sure that is a good option either.

UGH. I only need night 2 but I don't have $225/ticket to spend so I guess I'm going to take my chances with the online sale.
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    81 wrote:
    I don't see how creating an account could be beneficial. Its theprocess of getting a ticket that is a nightmare.

it absolutely does, all your info is in there

but you guys are making me nervous, maybe I should just head to the venue on Saturday morning???

I'm hoping for an Amex presale actually. :D
    81 wrote:

but you guys are making me nervous, maybe I should just head to the venue on Saturday morning???

The problem is it was first come first serve at the box office till me, my brother and a few other fan got in a shoving match with the cast of The Hills have Eyes (scalpers) who claimed they were in line for hours. Ever since then they hand out numbered wristbands (up to 500) and do a lottery drawling.
    Good luck to you all sorry if I made anyone's blood pressure to up haha I'm sure we'll all find a way in.
    edited July 2013
    I can't even get into the account link 81 posted. And when I try to click on other artists concerts, those links doesn't work either.

FUCK THIS. FUCK FUCK FUCK.
    I don't see how creating an account could be beneficial. Its theprocess of pulling a ticket that is a nightmare.
    In all seriousness I hope everyone here gets a ticket, it was frustrating seeing all the scum scalpers (I counted around 30) waiting in line for spectrum shows in 09. Not to mention they all ordered the max amount of tickets and the box office employees knew some of them by name.

Why the fuck hasn't personal tickets gotten standard by now? That you can only sell back through ticketmaster if you can't go.
    81 wrote:

True but I don't think it would put you at an advantage when the initial sale begins( when the system pulls available tickets from the database)
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    81 wrote:

I''m waiting for AMEX too.. Think they will do it? I have Plat concierge so I'm trying to decide to do this or that. What do you think the chances are AMEX will have it?
  • BoltOfLightnin'BoltOfLightnin' South Jersey Posts: 708
    UGH. I'm about to apply for an AMEX card...just in case.

:fp:
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I would expect them to last less than a minute.

Seriously?!

fuck
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    The tickets that are $225 are behind section 103.... FYI.
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
    I noticed that too. The bar/food/bathroom thing sounds nice but that is a pretty penny. Id probably go solo instead of dishing out for meand the Ms.S's if I go that route? What about you Star map??
    Is that superbad?

I just called all the way to USA and bough two tix in the VIP BOX. On the map it looked like you could score way worse in the ordinary sale...

but maybe I was mistaken?
    Is that superbad?

I just called all the way to USA and bough two tix in the VIP BOX. On the map it looked like you could score way worse in the ordinary sale...

but maybe I was mistaken?
    If you are coming from overseas you made a good decision. You would probably end up paying more on stubhub for worse. Not to mention all the amedities that come with it. I'the kinda guy who likes to be prepared so you just covered yourself completely and now have nothing to worry about. Which show are you going to through VIP? I might go solo to night two to save money