Options

What shitty artwork :/

RG306679RG306679 Posts: 82
edited July 2013 in The Porch
BOv0yN_CMAEUv1Q.jpg:large

I'm incredibly disappointed at this artwork. :(
Sure, the song may be good, but the song title and artwork are just cringeworthy :fp: :fp: :fp:
www.robinguiton.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    I'm not disagreeing or being disrespectful, but I really don't care. 99.9% about the music, .1% about the artwork. Nobody ever says, "No Code is a great fucking album because of all those super creative pictures."
  • Options
    mookieb10 wrote:
    I'm not disagreeing or being disrespectful, but I really don't care. 99.9% about the music, .1% about the artwork. Nobody ever says, "No Code is a great fucking album because of all those super creative pictures."

Yeah i know but still, it's nice to have something pretty to appreciate. It's almost like they didn't care on this one :cry:
    www.robinguiton.com
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    :roll:

We can officially close the site. We've hit bottom.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    RG306679 wrote:
    mookieb10 wrote:

Yeah i know but still, it's nice to have something pretty to appreciate. It's almost like they didn't care on this one :cry:

You don't even know what the heck the picture is or isn't. Single artwork? Album artwork? Inner-sleeve artwork?

Jesus....calm down.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    mvhessmvhess Posts: 19
    I'm choosing to believe that this art was put together by the ten club & is simply meant as a hint that the single is coming Thursday. I sure hope it's nothing official or indicative of the meaning/lyrical content of the song or the album artwork.
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    BinFrog wrote:
    RG306679 wrote:
    mookieb10 wrote:

You don't even know what the heck the picture is or isn't. Single artwork? Album artwork? Inner-sleeve artwork?

Jesus....calm down.

Too many people are to quick to judge around here... it's crazy!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    mvhess wrote:
    I'm choosing to believe that this art was put together by the ten club & is simply meant as a hint that the single is coming Thursday. I sure hope it's nothing official or indicative of the meaning/lyrical content of the song or the album artwork.

exactly, this may have nothing to do with the new album or single in the end
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    todd-otodd-o Posts: 19
    edited July 2013
    mookieb10 wrote:

I disagree. I find the artwork to be a great part of the music. I think that pre-s/t, the artwork and interior lyric sheets fleshed out a world that made the music deeper and much more real to me.
    it's been sad seeing it all kinda fade to 'normal' over the last ten years. it was always something special. I devoted hours to listening and taking in every inch of those tapes/CDs/albums over the course of my lifetime.
    unfortunately, i think it has a lot to do with digital releases now - not so much physical buying anymore.
    that said, its all speculation that this is even artwork for anything.
    Post edited by todd-o on
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    eat up some Pearl Jam! eat yo dinner fool! :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    As long as the music continues, I'm happy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    todd-o wrote:
    mookieb10 wrote:

I disagree. I find the artwork to be a great part of the music. I think that pre-s/t, the artwork and interior lyric sheets fleshed out a world that made the music deeper and much more real to me.
    it's been sad seeing it all kinda fade to 'normal' over the last ten years. it was always something special. I devoted hours to listening and taking in every inch of those tapes/CDs/albums over the course of my lifetime.
    if this is indeed the style of art for the new album, I'll be disappointed, as I have been with the last two layouts.

Exactly. In my teens i had my bedroom wall covered with PJ sleeves and inner sleeves and various artwork. It means something, not just a silly design for the sake of a design.

Also, MAYBE this won't be the artwork for the single Mind Your Manners this Thursday, but man, it's pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together
    www.robinguiton.com
  • Options
    im pretty sure they took mind your manners tittle idea from the complainings the saw-heard told them
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    aennilaennil Posts: 415
    can't we wait to call it shitty or not shitty artwork, until it is finished or we know if it is actually the artwork for the single?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    mfc2006 wrote:
    As long as the music continues, I'm happy.

Exactly. I'm not much of an art guy so I could give a shit about album covers/artwork. Just give me some good music.
  • Options
    ok,im sure artwork is important too..not as music,but important...

but..how can u judge something when you didnt see it yet??

all those are a hint..we dont have a clue how will look and if its ,album,single,nothing..

really dont get some things i read here..its really looks like chinese to me sometimes
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    RG306679 wrote:

Sure, the song may be good, but the song title and artwork are just cringeworthy :fp: :fp: :fp:

Do not ass-u-me.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

:lol:

the flipability of this will be through the roof!!!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    If you had proper dining etiquette you might understand the significance of the artwork. The spoon is misplaced. Bravo to the artist. I will contemplate this some more over dinner.
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    RG306679 wrote:

Dude, you CAN'T judge ART! Didnt you watch the Grammy's in 1996?
    ;)

Personally, I like information graphics, so I'm cool with it.
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    I'm sure this isn't the complete picture but at this point I don't think I'll be getting a tattoo any time soon. ;)
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    hope the people who photoshopped something similar as a joke don't end up getting sued for copyright infringement. :lol::lol:

looks like maybe they can just throw an avocado on the plate when it comes time for a boxset of 2006-2013.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Love all the news...but man, the negativity is out of control. I know that sometimes people say things for the sake of a joke...but not lately.

Some people are not Minding "their" Manners!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,899

First world problem: Not liking an image that your favorite band puts up on their website".
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

First world problem: Not liking an image that your favorite band puts up on their website".

An image that may have nothing to do with the album artwork
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    If this is really the artwork...I'm f'n out. I've been waiting 4 years for this crap???

81526104.gif
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    OctopuS27OctopuS27 Portugal Posts: 569
    it's a depht sign, can't you see? ;)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    :lol: hilarious thread! keep em' coming! :lol::lol:
    www.cluthelee.com