Options

What shitty artwork :/

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    It is threads like this that has made me stay far away from this place in recent years.

I am super stoked for the upcoming new album and tour - but this place at times makes me twitch.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    This is all really funny. Yes that would be one of the dumbest album covers ever, and I would be disappointed in a group of artists using this as an album cover, because at least Avocado had cool colors. I really don't believe that it will be the cover, but who cares. Tour dates released, potential music release soon. I don't care if they put anything on the album cover. It is fun to speculate though.... Keep the comments coming!!!! :corn:

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    eat up some Pearl Jam! eat yo dinner fool! :lol:
    :lol::lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Meh, it looks like they just made something with clip art...the 10C staff probably placed bets to see how long it would take somebody to complain about it.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 878
    They have to read some of the shit on here and laugh their asses off :lol:
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    edited July 2013
    Dark Star wrote:
    Hairy Dane wrote:
    Dark Star wrote:
    If you had proper dining etiquette you might understand the significance of the artwork. The spoon is misplaced. Bravo to the artist. I will contemplate this some more over dinner.

This! I was wondering if it might be an American thing, or if I've been setting the table wrong for so many years ... And I quite like it to be honest. It's clean, it can evolve (as we've seen) and I wouldn't mind if it was the cover, it has Bowie-esque feel to it.

Exactly my friend. We in the US follow this as well, especially fine dining. I think the absence of the napkin might have a larger part in all of this too. Atleast a longer dinner fork should be to the left of the other fork if not a napkin there. It is intriguing to ponder.

The absence of the napkin might signify a loss of innocence. Or that the album has dirtier guitar tones than most. And why no dinner fork? Is it a battle cry against consumerism?
    Post edited by Dark Star on
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    eat up some Pearl Jam! eat yo dinner fool! :lol:

:idea:

The new count down ends on Thursday 07/11, correct? Maybe this is a stretch, but isnt July 11th a christian holiday named "feast day." Maybe the announcement on thursday will be album info with links to buy/preorder on digi dl, cd, lp or to "consume" as some of the old 10c newsletters used to call it.
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    There is a pearl jam preorder link on iTunes that doesn't work this evening. Definitely a new album announcement. I'm clueless about the place setting though, but have enjoyed the hilarity of this thread though.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Criticising something without even having seen the whole complete work?

Will you say the album is terrible without having heard it, just cos you don't like the single?

Idiot.
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    The Akkus wrote:
    Just think of how much more they could have done with this artwork if they would have consolidated the fork and spoon into a spork to clear up space for something else.

Yes, like the aforementioned napkin.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I'm betting the plate will have the other half of the avocado on it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    eldarion75 wrote:
    I'm betting the plate will have the other half of the avocado on it.

Not a bad guess. I predict that the spoon, knife and fork will be those removable stickers like the Velvet Underground banana cover by Andy Warhol. You can move the utensils to their correct locations on the dinner table. Underneath the plate itself will be...... I don't want to spoil the surprise. (Spoiler: The missing napkin)
    Post edited by Dark Star on
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Anyone think the plate will fill with eggs once they take all our ticket money?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    Is it really a plate and not a disc behind a crescent moon? Or an eyeless smiley face turned on it's head? I'm sure it's one of those. Absolutely positively sure!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Is it really a plate and not a disc behind a crescent moon? Or an eyeless smiley face turned on it's head? I'm sure it's one of those. Absolutely positively sure!

Where have you been living this second countdown, in a cave?
    Pffft 2nd countdown newbies
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    its an amp volume knob....10th album

14115j7.jpg

:lol:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    jamburger wrote:
    hahah
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    Dark Star wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Where have you been living this second countdown, in a cave?
    Pffft 2nd countdown newbies

Oh hell, man, I've aaaaalways live in a cave!

But I do get out now and then... Here's me hangin' out with a couple of my buddies:

questforfire_zps1f5233bf.jpg
    "Pearl-Jam! Pearl-Jam! Pearl-Jam! Pearl-Jam!"
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    pjradio wrote:
    its an amp volume knob....10th album

14115j7.jpg

:lol:

ours goes to 11...
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    kramer73 wrote:
    I must have missed where it was officially stated this is the artwork and not just a teaser/hint??

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Perfect!!!!!!!
  • Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    jamburger wrote:

Haha!! You win.
  • Options
    Hairy DaneHairy Dane Denmark Posts: 205
    Dark Star wrote:
    If you had proper dining etiquette you might understand the significance of the artwork. The spoon is misplaced. Bravo to the artist. I will contemplate this some more over dinner.

This! I was wondering if it might be an American thing, or if I've been setting the table wrong for so many years ... And I quite like it to be honest. It's clean, it can evolve (as we've seen) and I wouldn't mind if it was the cover, it has Bowie-esque feel to it.

Exactly my friend. We in the US follow this as well, especially fine dining. I think the absence of the napkin might have a larger part in all of this too. Atleast a longer dinner fork should be to the left of the other fork if not a napkin there. It is intriguing to ponder.

The absence of the napkin might signify a loss of innocence. Or that the album has dirtier guitar tones than most. And why no dinner fork? Is it a battle cry against consumerism?

I see where you are going with this. Now let us think if they might put two crossed bones on the plate in an X. Now we have finished our dinner, and mayhaps wiping our faces with the missing napkin. The crossed bones (X - as earlier stated is the Roman numeral for ten) will in the same time mark the tenth album ... but what dish with meat and bones uses a spoon? Is there even a spoon ... there is no spoon ... Keanu Reeves on guest bass?
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • Options
    its disconcerting as a graphic designer to read that lots of people dont care what album artwork looks like. it matters not that i think this is awful (if it is album art), i dont think that theyve done decent album art since Riot Act. that doesnt mean that the music isnt going to be incredble. over the last year ive had to eat my own words (pun intended) about backspacer, which i hated on release. its a great record, a new style, but a great record. but album art should be important. classic record sleeves are a point of reference. how many times have you seen the never mind the bollocks artwork ripped off? velvet underground and nico? nevermind? dark side of the moon? loads. and you recognise those record covers instantly, whether you like them or not (i detest 2 of them).

have we actually reached a point where all people want from a band is a few flac/mp3 fines and their name written in a tiny square on some digital device? how would you find anything?

mp3s arent really something im interested in anyhow, and id always choose to have artwork at a size where i can read it and absorb it, so i'll always be old skool and buy vinyl and cds. but each to their own.
    ~~ 27 years of nothin' but failures and promises that i couldn't keep ~~
  • Options
    RG306679RG306679 Posts: 82
    its disconcerting as a graphic designer to read that lots of people dont care what album artwork looks like. it matters not that i think this is awful (if it is album art), i dont think that theyve done decent album art since Riot Act. that doesnt mean that the music isnt going to be incredble. over the last year ive had to eat my own words (pun intended) about backspacer, which i hated on release. its a great record, a new style, but a great record. but album art should be important. classic record sleeves are a point of reference. how many times have you seen the never mind the bollocks artwork ripped off? velvet underground and nico? nevermind? dark side of the moon? loads. and you recognise those record covers instantly, whether you like them or not (i detest 2 of them).

have we actually reached a point where all people want from a band is a few flac/mp3 fines and their name written in a tiny square on some digital device? how would you find anything?

mp3s arent really something im interested in anyhow, and id always choose to have artwork at a size where i can read it and absorb it, so i'll always be old skool and buy vinyl and cds. but each to their own.

At least someone on here gets it. I never said the music won't be good (so long as it's not Backspacer Pt. 2 :lol: ), just Artwork and the music are one in themselves. The artwork should evoke and reiterate the themes and concepts explored throughout the album, or at the least follow the same theme to the music.
    www.robinguiton.com
  • Options
    RG306679 wrote:

At least someone on here gets it. I never said the music won't be good (so long as it's not Backspacer Pt. 2 :lol: ), just Artwork and the music are one in themselves. The artwork should evoke and reiterate the themes and concepts explored throughout the album, or at the least follow the same theme to the music.

exactly that. its a shame that people dont view it all as part of the whole thing. i heard a kid on the bus talking about how many gigs of music he had the other day. it made me so sad. that hes viewing it in terms of quantity. you can download some classic bands entire back catalogue in a few minutes? well done. what exactly is it going to mean to you without everything that goes with it? you cant love a music file. you can love an album, something tangible with artwork. Pearl Jam used to go all out. Vitalogy and No Code are beautiful examples of why artwork and the look of an album is important. even backspacer, much as i dislike the artwork, had a theme that was carried through to the stage set (and merch of course).
    ~~ 27 years of nothin' but failures and promises that i couldn't keep ~~
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I dont know if it means anything, but I liked the album art for backspacer better than the music :lol:

So, I welcome a damned empty cartoon plate. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    PJMosquitoPJMosquito Posts: 40
    I just don't understand why everyone is so quick to judge.

First off, we have no idea where this artwork will end up, it could be just for this website to amp up release of the single. A funny little thing that everyone is freaking out about.

Secondly, it has NO bearing on the music...I don't care what you say. The cover of Ten, with the band standing in the middle of a room giving a corny high five...I mean, that doesn't really say anything about the music on that album, at least to me it doesn't.

Yes, I like an album to feel complete with artwork that matches the tone/mood of the album, and I have faith that this one will. Just give it time, and stop rushing to conclusions about the album based on a silly little website piece of art!
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,107
    PJMosquito wrote:
    I just don't understand why everyone is so quick to judge.

First off, we have no idea where this artwork will end up, it could be just for this website to amp up release of the single. A funny little thing that everyone is freaking out about.

Secondly, it has NO bearing on the music...I don't care what you say. The cover of Ten, with the band standing in the middle of a room giving a corny high five...I mean, that doesn't really say anything about the music on that album, at least to me it doesn't.

Yes, I like an album to feel complete with artwork that matches the tone/mood of the album, and I have faith that this one will. Just give it time, and stop rushing to conclusions about the album based on a silly little website piece of art!
    +1

Seriously, people are complaining about unfinished, might be a single, might be album, might just be clue to announcement artwork. :fp: Amazing.
  • Options
    ITS THE LAST DINNER MANN.
  • Options
    todd-otodd-o Posts: 19
    PJMosquito wrote:

i think that cover of Ten says everything about that album. seriously!

it may be corny now, looking back... but i love the abstractness of how you only saw the top portion of them until you folded it out.
This discussion has been closed.