******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Cary Williams can go to hell.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Cary Williams can go to hell.

i'm a little indifferent to this whole thing. on one hand, i agree with him. if you want to make him be at ota's then make them mandatory. on the other hand, he's on a brand new team, with a new system, he really should be here...and definitely should have scheduled these things for another time of the off season.

i do appreciate his honesty though.

it's early june. most of this will be forgotten come september.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The media was pinning all this Cary Williams hate on the fans. They created the whole thing. I could give a rats ass what he does off the field, I'm obviously not talking about illegal shit. I have no problem what did with his daughter and I guess he's a hands on guy with the new home stuff. The voluntary OTA's are a lose lose situation for the players if they choose not to come.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The media was pinning all this Cary Williams hate on the fans. They created the whole thing. I could give a rats ass what he does off the field, I'm obviously not talking about illegal shit. I have no problem what did with his daughter and I guess he's a hands o guy with the new home stuff. The voluntary OTA's are a lose lose situation for the players if they choose not to come.
    The media and Cary Williams are both douche bags. If he had half a clue he would have left the fans remarks out of it.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Nice going Peters.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Nice going Peters.

what an idiot. i bet he get a milisecond headstart too. hey oh.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Free tickets for the Linc practices are available today at 2pm.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Go Birds!!!!
    stranger things have happened. FOOTBALL!

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/945 ... e-playoffs

2. Philadelphia Eagles
    Arguments in favor: Coaching voice change, massive turnover differential, fumble recovery rate, hidden special teams bounce back

Arguments against: Uncertainty related to coaching change, quarterback play

Although it seems difficult to remember, the Eagles were actually a passable team during the first half of last season. It was after firing defensive coordinator Juan Castillo during the team's bye week that the Eagles quit on Andy Reid and collapsed, finishing 1-9. There's still a good amount of the core that made the playoffs from 2008 to 2010 here, and they chose the high-risk, high-reward coaching option this offseason when they added Chip Kelly. Of all the teams on this list, it seems like the Eagles have the highest upside.

The statistical case backing them up is built upon an impossible turnover rate. Philadelphia was the other team with a minus-24 turnover margin, and by recovering 35 percent of the fumbles in their games, they finished just ahead of Kansas City, at 29th. Of course, Kelly has already become the first coach to teach Michael Vick how to avoid fumbling, so that should solve a good chunk of the problems there.

In all seriousness, Kelly's insistence on getting the ball out quickly should reduce the likelihood of fumbles, and some simple variance should help push the Philadelphia offense back toward the middle of the pack. The defense should also deliver more than the eight interceptions it produced last year, so it's not difficult to imagine the Eagles actually winning the turnover battle in 2013.

As for the "hidden" special teams numbers, that's a Football Outsiders statistic that encapsulates how teams were impacted by special teams performance out of their control, including such obvious ones as how reliable field goal kickers and kickoff artists were against them. The Eagles were the fourth-most impacted team in football last year by those figures, with kickers notably going 27-for-29 on field goals against them in 2012.6
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Will be tough to win the turnover battle with the convict under center. Really hope Foles and Barkley light it up this offseason and that ass hole gets cut. He serves no purpose on a rebuilding squad...or a team with aspirations of contending.

At this point, I'm much more excited about the flyers and sixers than I am about the eagles...and especially the blindly led phillies
    i am more stoked for this season than i've been in a while.

have a feeling vick gets dealt in training camp. i've felt that since they resigned him. best case scenario is barkley takes over arond mid season and then turns into the next tom brady. i'll take joe montana too. :lol:

BIRDS!
    chinese-happy.jpg

have a feeling vick gets dealt in training camp. i've felt that since they resigned him. best case scenario is barkley takes over arond mid season and then turns into the next tom brady. i'll take joe montana too. :lol:

BIRDS!

I could see kelly going with barkley as the starter.

Yeah, I have a hard time getting excited about this team as long as vick is prominently involved. Now if they cut/trade him, that could change...even though I don't think kelly is going to work out.

More intriguing than exciting for me.

I also think KC is going to have a real good chance to win the AFC West. Thinking about laying a nice wager on that one. Anxiously awaiting those odds.

EDIT: Just looked it up. KC O/U is 7.5 and they are +500 to win the AFC West. Sign me up
    The Fixer wrote:

BIRDS!

I could see kelly going with barkley as the starter.

Yeah, I have a hard time getting excited about this team as long as vick is prominently involved. Now if they cut/trade him, that could change...even though I don't think kelly is going to work out.

More intriguing than exciting for me.

You do know who their coach is? :lol:
    I also think KC is going to have a real good chance to win the AFC West. Thinking about laying a nice wager on that one. Anxiously awaiting those odds.

EDIT: Just looked it up. KC O/U is 7.5 and they are +500 to win the AFC West. Sign me up
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Do you want to bet that Reid will win more games with the chiefs than kelly wins with the birds? You name the price..
    The Fixer wrote:
    Do you want to bet that Reid will win more games with the chiefs than kelly wins with the birds? You name the price..

That still doesn't mean they'll be good.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

That's a no. Didn't think so...which is weird since reid is such a terrible coach
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

That's a no. Didn't think so...which is weird since reid is such a terrible coach

That's not a no. I don't give 2 shits about KC enough to bet for or against them. All I know is that if Reid puts forth the effort that he gave the last 2 years here, then they'll be drafting pretty high again.

I'm a Reid fan. I guess you couldn't understand the sarcasm with the :lol: I used.

Are you 8 years old that you need to bet on everything? It's called a discussion. Try having a civil one sometime.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

That's not a no. I don't give 2 shits about KC enough to bet for or against them. All I know is that if Reid puts forth the effort that he gave the last 2 years here, then they'll be drafting pretty high again.

I'm a Reid fan. I guess you couldn't understand the sarcasm with the :lol: I used.

Are you 8 years old that you need to bet on everything? It's called a discussion. Try having a civil one sometime.

You are still ripping reid...who is the coach of the Chiefs...so I think you do care about them.

Yes, I'm the smartest 8 year old this world has ever seen. One who's willing to put his money where his mouth is. If you're not going to take my bet, then it's the epitome of a 'no'.

Where in SJ are you?
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

You are still ripping reid...who is the coach of the Chiefs...so I think you do care about them.

Yes, I'm the smartest 8 year old this world has ever seen. One who's willing to put his money where his mouth is. If you're not going to take my bet, then it's the epitome of a 'no'.

Where in SJ are you?

I guess I'm not allowed to comment on a guy that coached here for 14 years? Why would anyone make a bet on a guy that's never coached in the NFL before? If Charles and Smith get hurt, does that make Kelly a better coach? If McCoy or ????? get hurt, does that make Reid a better coach?

I have the lawn with the giant arrowhead burned into it in Mount Laurel :D
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

I guess I'm not allowed to comment on a guy that coached here for 14 years? Why would anyone make a bet on a guy that's never coached in the NFL before? If Charles and Smith get hurt, does that make Kelly a better coach? If McCoy or ????? get hurt, does that make Reid a better coach?

I have the lawn with the giant arrowhead burned into it in Mount Laurel :D

Sometimes you aren't betting on something as much as you are betting against something. If reid is so terrible than you shouldn't have any hesitation betting against him. If you don't think he's that bad then it's confusing as to why you're still ripping him. But I digress.

Lenape alum? We had some battles with those bastards
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

We had this exact convo last month. And i'll say the same thing Andy Reid went to a team with 8 pro bowlers. Of course the chiefs should win more games this year. Copy and paste, copy and paste.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

We had this exact convo last month. And i'll say the same thing Andy Reid went to a team with 8 pro bowlers. Of course the chiefs should win more games this year. Copy and paste, copy and paste.

yeah i feel like this same exact conversation has popped up like 5 times this off season. andy inherited a better situation in kc and he left a huge giant turd of a team in south philly. he did such a bad job on so many different levels these last couple years here. nobody's taking that bet.

i think barnwell had a good quote that sums up reid for those that know him best around here. when talking about chiefs' chances:

"What sort of promise can 2013 possibly hold? Competence. That's what Alex Smith and Andy Reid can provide, even if greatness proves to be beyond their grasp." ----sounds about right. good coach, not great. huge improvement over romeo though, that is for sure.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I find it hilarious that everyone thinks reid was so awful here...people celebrated his departure...and now NO ONE will pony up anything when presented with a chance to bet against him.

Goes to show how much confidence people have in chip kelly.
    I just don't understand how you equate wanting change and it's time for Reid to go into ripping him and saying he's an awful coach. I've never said that he is awful. He deserves some ripping for the past 2 years though. If you think he's so great, why did he bring your favorite QB here? I think it's time to turn the page on this argument.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I just don't understand how you equate wanting change and it's time for Reid to go into ripping him and saying he's an awful coach. I've never said that he is awful. He deserves some ripping for the past 2 years though. If you think he's so great, why did he bring your favorite QB here? I think it's time to turn the page on this argument.

I said I think KC has a good chance to win their division. You said 'do you know who the coach is?'. That's an unnecessary dig, right?

I was against the vick move from the beginning. I even said it would be the end of reid when he signed vick. I can't believe that turd is still on this team.

I agree...it's old. People here hate reid...wanted him gone...but everyone seems to think he's better than chip kelly. Makes zero sense to me...typical philly fandom.

did you go to lenape?
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

I said I think KC has a good chance to win their division. You said 'do you know who the coach is?'. That's an unnecessary dig, right?

I was against the vick move from the beginning. I even said it would be the end of reid when he signed vick. I can't believe that turd is still on this team.

I agree...it's old. People here hate reid...wanted him gone...but everyone seems to think he's better than chip kelly. Makes zero sense to me...typical philly fandom.

did you go to lenape?

That was sarcasm at it's finest.

No Lenape, I grew up in Medford but went to Eustace.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

did you go to lenape?

That was sarcasm at it's finest.

No Lenape, I grew up in Medford but went to Eustace.

Eustace was my favorite school to play against...especially in baseball. Every dude on Eustace had their own new bat, new cleats, etc. They'd show up with truckloads of their new equipment every year...then we'd beat their asses. Soccer was same shit. Every dude had a new pair of copa mundials for warmups, first half, second half.
    I wasn't thrilled with my time at Eustace. Where did you go?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I wasn't thrilled with my time at Eustace. Where did you go?

washington twp.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I find it hilarious that everyone thinks reid was so awful here...people celebrated his departure...and now NO ONE will pony up anything when presented with a chance to bet against him.

Goes to show how much confidence people have in chip kelly.

?

reid was very good here for a long period of time. i don't know anyone who thinks he was awful. but his last few years were a complete and total disaster. that's not even debatable at this point. and it is the reason nobody wants to bet on the mess of a team he left in his wake. it will most likely take a while to turn things around, especially with totally new systems on both sides of the ball.

throw in the fact that most people here were not thrilled with the kelly hire and believe reid has inherited an easier situation than the one he left behind, it should not be that difficult for you to figure out why nobody is taking this dumb bet of yours.
    chinese-happy.jpg