Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    cant wait this to arrive!!
    You're going to love it. It's my favorite of the three albums.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    LukinFan wrote:
    cant wait this to arrive!!
    You're going to love it. It's my favorite of the three albums.

Thanks, Rog!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited April 2013
    I forgot to say I've listened to all 3 albums now & they're so great!! It's cool how you can hear the progression as you guys get more confident with yourselves & each other. Now I can wait to play them again & again..... :)
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    morello wrote:
    I forgot to say I've listened to all 3 albums now & they're so great!! It's cool how you can hear the progression as you guys get more confident with yourselves & each other. Now I can wait to pay them again & again..... :)

thanks a ton, Jenny. it makes us both so happy to see that people are enjoying the songs. we can't thank you all enough.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    morello wrote:
    I forgot to say I've listened to all 3 albums now & they're so great!! It's cool how you can hear the progression as you guys get more confident with yourselves & each other. Now I can wait to play them again & again..... :)
    I agree 100%.

I want to see them live!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Seriously folks, if you missed out on the CD and haven't downloaded Where It Began, I reccommend this as one really great album. It seems to open up more and more with each listen (about 10 times for me so far) and I can honestly say that this is the best album I've bought since King Animal. Wow guys, I didn't expect to be this blown away!! :shock:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    veddertown wrote:
    Seriously folks, if you missed out on the CD and haven't downloaded Where It Began, I reccommend this as one really great album. It seems to open up more and more with each listen (about 10 times for me so far) and I can honestly say that this is the best album I've bought since King Animal. Wow guys, I didn't expect to be this blown away!! :shock:

thanks, my friend! :oops: :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    NEW Cluthe/Lee song called "Constant" has been posted! It's not on our new site yet, but it will be soon. FOr now, you can stream it on our reverbnation page here: http://www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling

Chris wrote up a blog on our new site about this song that you should check out as well....

http://cluthelee.com/category/blog/

Happy Sunday to all! Hope you all enjoy the new tune!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Listened a couple of times tonight. Nice tune and great guitars too... :) Some great quality music being made by you guys. Your Lost Dogs someday will be great! :mrgreen:

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Hope you're enjoying it, my friend! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

You have it now Dimi? Just listening to it at work. Really loving The Ghost right now and Crooked Buildings is just awesome!! :D

• LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Ah shit! Sorry guys, I forgot to say I've received this album and super excited to check it out but haven't had an opportunity as yet because we've been packing and I don't have a CD player! :( :lol: will certainly give you some feedback when I do, I'm sure it's going to be great.
    Hey Matt, just out of interest, did you receive that DVD?
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Hey all - We just posted a new song today called 'Easy Way'

http://cluthelee.com/category/blog/

Go here to read the blog and listen to the song. It's listed in blue letters, just click to play! Thanks for all the continued bumps guys - makes me so happy to know that there are people besides Matt and I that like what we do! :D8-)

Chris
    www.cluthelee.com
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    :wave: :wave: :wave:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    thefixer9 wrote:

:wave: Word up, Rico - thanks for the bump!
    www.cluthelee.com
    Loulou wrote:
    Ah shit! Sorry guys, I forgot to say I've received this album and super excited to check it out but haven't had an opportunity as yet because we've been packing and I don't have a CD player! :( :lol: will certainly give you some feedback when I do, I'm sure it's going to be great.
    Hey Matt, just out of interest, did you receive that DVD?

Yes!!! :D they're awesome! Thanks a ton, Lorna!

Hope you enjoy the album!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    thefixer9 wrote:

:wave: Word up, Rico - thanks for the bump!

No problem! Back at the 10C and was curious how you guys were doing over here. :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell Yeah!!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:

Hell Yeah!!!! :D
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    :thumbup: :mrgreen: Enjoy Dimi!! It gets better with every listen!! :)

• HEXHEX Posts: 221
    Still waiting for the CD to arrive here ........
    HEX wrote:
    Still waiting for the CD to arrive here ........
    It should've any day now, man. Sorry for the delay!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    later,after friends go out of my place,gonna listen this,headphones,whiskey..cant wait :)
    edited April 2013
    later,after friends go out of my place,gonna listen this,headphones,whiskey..cant wait :)

that's the best way to listen. got a good set of cans dimi? you'll get a MUCH different feel for the dynamics on this record. it's not (and all music while I'm at it) meant to be pumped through phone speakers, or computer speakers, but rather through something that puts you right up close to what's going on. that's how alot of these songs were done, with headphones on and a nice drink nearby (bourbon guy here). 8-)

there's something about putting your entire body into a sound/idea/song that can be shared with others. i have vivid recollections of recording parts - how i felt, the weather outside, who was nearby, what i was thinking at the time. they are tiny moments of my life and matt's life that we spent doing this thing called music and when you listen, you are there, right there with us joining along in that sound/idea/song. they are recorded and are permanent FOREVER and a lasting document of us as people. there's a bit that's deeper here that i hope everyone gets to - not one of judgement, where you think 'oh, this sounds kinda like this and that' or 'shit yeah, matt can write a fuckin' monster song' - we like that, don't get me wrong, but rather just appreciating this connection, digging deeper like you are spending time with two other people that care a great deal about everything in life, not just being insanely head over heels in love with music and loving each other (yes, matt, i love ya man, you're a brother from another mother! hahaha). music is so cathartic and so healing and so powerful. i was talking with matt the other day and said that in the course of nearly 4 years writing together, we've both been through a lot of life and change (some good and some drop down ugly and painful). i really feel all these songs, not just the albums, but everything we did musically and as friends kept me buoyed during the good and bad. i know that you all can agree - and i just think it's amazing that you can take a CD like ' where it began' and listen, having a conversation together WITH US where we relate to one another as humans and all that goes with that. we're talking to each other, to you and the universe in a way that is much more than just words, it's a full body experience, the act of picking up an instrument or yelling into a microphone and challenging the listener and the universe to LISTEN to every note, every beat, every word, every nuance and be there right next to us in those hundreds of moments strung together to make music. 8-)
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com

that's the best way to listen. got a good set of cans dimi? you'll get a MUCH different feel for the dynamics on this record. it's not (and all music while I'm at it) meant to be pumped through phone speakers, or computer speakers, but rather through something that puts you right up close to what's going on. that's how alot of these songs were done, with headphones on and a nice drink nearby (bourbon guy here). 8-)
    i heard it once at speakers,mp3 and stop twice for phonecalls,and was sleepy too..
    i want to put the cd now,i have good headphones,and bourbon guy here too..
    thats why i ll do it later,when im alone ,gonna be late and quiet here
    Pregnancy hormones... 8-):lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
    Pregnancy hormones... 8-):lol:

don't downplay that, my friend. great post!

I agree with the headphones idea....you can hear everything that way. You can hear my wife dropping something in the kitchen & our dog's collar jingling away on the first 2 albums. :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com