Options

Morning After Pill

Comments

• Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    [quote="pandora"

So you are ok with a 9 year old having this pill?
    How about giving them a pill that encourages a 9 year old to have sex cause that is exactly
    what you are doing. The 14 year old boy having sex with the 9 year old virgin won't even need a condom.
    Bravo! society you have reached an all time low![/quote]

I am ok with a 9 year old who is afraid of being pregnant having it. I certainly don't consider myself morally bankrupt or reaching a new low. Why would you rather a 9 year old get pregnant because they are afraid of telling their parents? something that could have been avoided? why are you wishing a birth and the care of a child on a 9 year old? That doesn't make sense. There is no reason a girl/woman who can get pregnant should not have access to what can stop that if they so choose. I think a 9 year old going into a pharmacy on their own and buying this pill is an incredibly mature action. I will pose my question back to you, are you ok with a 9 year old getting the shit beat out of them for telling their parents they had sex? It is as ridiculous a situation as you bring up.

it doesn't encourage anyone to have sex anymore than they already were going to. Condoms being sold to kids doesn't encourage that either. Kids had sex long before ECP, BC, and Condoms were available.

So again i will sum up my questions.
    1. can you please explain the dangers to women you speak of?
    2. Can you please explain how stopping a 9 year old from getting pregnant is a bad thing?
    3. Are you ok with a 9 year old getting the shit beat out of them for having sex?
    4. Can you explain to me how this pill being available to more women who may need it is somehow the new all time low of society?
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    TheShafer wrote:
    IMO, a 13 yo kid has no business having sex in the first place. But I'm conservative, and am well aware that I am the minority on this forum.

It blows my mind that people will have consentual sex and not take on the responsibility for their actions. But again, what do I know... I'm just a baptist conservative republican from Texas

Yes... only conservatives think that 13 year olds shouldn't have sex or people should take responsibility for thier actions. That must explain why red states have higher teen pregnancy rates than blue states.
    :roll:

You're right, the red states do have higher teen pregnancy rates. Pretending they aren't having sex isn't really working for the red states, now, is it? And parental involvement is a joke. Ask any teenager if they're comfortable talking to their parent about sex. :lol:
  • Options
    OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    pandora wrote:
    I guess we could keep lowering our standards on parenting.
    Or do people just do what is expected of them without consequence ...
    I am directing this at our adults.
    Why can't we expect parents to parent?
    Why can't we educate and encourage? Hell why can't we demand?
    Why shouldn't a 11, 12, 13 year old child have to go to their parents?
    It is their parents after all, this their child.
    Why are we treating children like adults? They are not, no where near,
    it is a big mistake to think they are.
    And why the hell would we pass a law to make them so.

:clap: Well said. But the only problem is our government thinks it knows whats best for our kids more than the parents do. Therefore, you get big government wanting to control everything.
  • Options
    OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    Jeanwah wrote:
    TheShafer wrote:
    IMO, a 13 yo kid has no business having sex in the first place. But I'm conservative, and am well aware that I am the minority on this forum.

It blows my mind that people will have consentual sex and not take on the responsibility for their actions. But again, what do I know... I'm just a baptist conservative republican from Texas

Yes... only conservatives think that 13 year olds shouldn't have sex or people should take responsibility for thier actions. That must explain why red states have higher teen pregnancy rates than blue states.

You're right, the red states do have higher teen pregnancy rates. Pretending they aren't having sex isn't really working for the red states, now, is it? And parental involvement is a joke. Ask any teenager if they're comfortable talking to their parent about sex. :lol:

Wow. In a liberals eyes the world would be perfect if we just painted it blue and gave one world government total control.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

Because no one can say that they all care. They don't. Kids don't approach their parents. Get a clue really, it's not just about parental involvement (even though it would help). A lot of teens CAN talk to their parents and still refuse to talk to them about sex. And there's not enough sex ed to help. What you're doing is expecting that every parent cares. It's just not that way, and even if so, it's not going to stop kids from having sex.
  • Options
    OnTheEdge wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Wow. In a liberals eyes the world would be perfect if we just painted it blue and gave one world government total control.

No where did I say that blue states were better. But good going thinking that! :lol:
  • Options
    OnTheEdge wrote:
    pandora wrote:

:clap: Well said. But the only problem is our government thinks it knows whats best for our kids more than the parents do. Therefore, you get big government wanting to control everything.

how is opening up access through less restrictive regulation an example of big gov't controlling everything?
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    mikepegg44 wrote:

I am ok with a 9 year old who is afraid of being pregnant having it. I certainly don't consider myself morally bankrupt or reaching a new low. Why would you rather a 9 year old get pregnant because they are afraid of telling their parents? something that could have been avoided? why are you wishing a birth and the care of a child on a 9 year old? That doesn't make sense. There is no reason a girl/woman who can get pregnant should not have access to what can stop that if they so choose. I think a 9 year old going into a pharmacy on their own and buying this pill is an incredibly mature action. I will pose my question back to you, are you ok with a 9 year old getting the shit beat out of them for telling their parents they had sex? It is as ridiculous a situation as you bring up.

it doesn't encourage anyone to have sex anymore than they already were going to. Condoms being sold to kids doesn't encourage that either. Kids had sex long before ECP, BC, and Condoms were available.

2. Can you please explain how stopping a 9 year old from getting pregnant is a bad thing?
    3. Are you ok with a 9 year old getting the shit beat out of them for having sex?
    4. Can you explain to me how this pill being available to more women who may need it is somehow the new all time low of society?
    I don't think a society should encourage children to have sex at age 7, 8, 9 years of age.
    Silly me I must be old school :lol: I think that is disgusting. That is the all time low.
    The dangers are to society and to the sacred time of childhood.
    To each little girl who hasn't had time to even be a child.

You keep using the word women :? these are not women they are little girls.
    I have no problem with this pill for women, I have a problem with it for little girls.
    I have a problem with parents being removed of the parenting responsibilities,
    removing them from the situation, and allowing a 7, 8, 9 year old to make adult decisions.

We are not talking about teens or women we are talking about any age,
    as young as age 7.

I would think we as a society would be addressing beatings for whatever reason
    but unfortunately we have not come very far in my lifetime.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    mikepegg44 wrote:

I don't think a society should encourage children to have sex at age 7, 8, 9 years of age.
    Silly me I must be old school :lol: I think that is disgusting. That is the all time low.

I have no problem with this pill for women, I have a problem with it for little girls.
    removing them from the situation, and allowing a 7, 8, 9 year old to make adult decisions.

as young as age 7.

Where is anyone encouraging sex? They're encouraging protection from pregnancy. Get your facts straight! Would you rather having all these children having babies, because that's what you're driving at.

ETA: And it's sick that you'd think that any girl under 10 is having sex. WTF?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    What's the 1st thing kids do when you tell them don't do this :?: and we all have done it , they turn around and do it , i have a 19yrold son and i 16yr old daughter do you really believe i would be stupid enough to just state to them please what ever you do don't go and have sex ? ...

No me&my wife educated both of them on the pros and cons of being sexually active teens my son has condoms if the need presents itself and my daughter is on birth control and i can tell you with out a shadow of a doubt they are not going around having sex .......Why do i know this it's called comunication ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

as young as age 7.

Girl and women is a distinction without a difference. If you can get pregnant you should have access to the ability to not get pregnant.

WHO THE HELL IS ENCOURAGING A 9 YEAR OLD TO HAVE SEX?

Thanks for addressing some of the questions, but I didn't see a response to this.

Why would you want a 9 year old to get pregnant when it was preventable? Regardless of why they were engaged in unprotected intercourse, if a potential pregnancy can be avoided why would we want to put a barrier up to stop that?
    No one is taking away the ability to parent, that is a complete straw-man turn. The ability to parent a 'better' decision is removed by the act of sexual intercourse at 9. That decisions can no longer be unmade. Why possibly compound it? Why have a 9 year old possibly make worse decisions out of shame on top of one that was already pretty stupid?
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    mikepegg44 wrote:

as young as age 7.

Where is anyone encouraging sex? They're encouraging protection from pregnancy. Get your facts straight! Would you rather having all these children having babies, because that's what you're driving at.
    So you also are ok with a 7 year old going into a store for a morning after pill?
    You see nothing a miss in this as a society? Alrighty then...
    Sorry you don't see the correlation between having this available for a 7 year old, without
    their parents permission, and encouraging sex at a ridiculously young age.
    Nothing wrong with the notion of a 7 year old making decisions without their parents,
    without consequence, without decision making skills yet.
    hmmm...
    Ok with that I'm out... and rather shocked really.

But again NOT talking about teens we are talking about 7 year olds!
    because this judge is making this available to ALL AGES and as I posted we are seeing
    a good % of girls hitting puberty as young as 7 years old.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    pandora wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    pandora wrote:

as young as age 7.

So you also are ok with a 7 year old going into a store for a morning after pill?
    You see nothing a miss in this as a society? Alrighty then...
    Sorry you don't see the correlation between having this available for a 7 year old, without
    their parents permission, and encouraging sex at a ridiculously young age.
    Nothing wrong with the notion of a 7 year old making decisions without their parents,
    without consequence, without decision making skills yet.
    hmmm...
    Ok with that I'm out... and rather shocked really.

But again NOT talking about teens we are talking about 7 year olds!
    because this judge is making this available to ALL AGES and as I posted we are seeing
    a good % of girls hitting puberty as young as 7 years old.

TF is with you and 7 year olds????? :crazy:

What PARENT suggests that 7 year olds are even interested in sex? There is seriously something wrong here.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • Options
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

as young as age 7.

Girl and women is a distinction without a difference. If you can get pregnant you should have access to the ability to not get pregnant.

Thanks for addressing some of the questions, but I didn't see a response to this.

Why would you want a 9 year old to get pregnant when it was preventable? Regardless of why they were engaged in unprotected intercourse, if a potential pregnancy can be avoided why would we want to put a barrier up to stop that?
    No one is taking away the ability to parent, that is a complete straw-man turn. The ability to parent a 'better' decision is removed by the act of sexual intercourse at 9. That decisions can no longer be unmade. Why possibly compound it? Why have a 9 year old possibly make worse decisions out of shame on top of one that was already pretty stupid?
    I'm out then Mike cause this is flabbergasting to me :?

Are you are avoiding 7 year old? pretty mind bending huh?

I would want that pill available with a parents consent. I would want that little girl to go to
    counseling with her parent. I would want whomever tried to knock up a 7,8,9 year old
    to pay dearly with boys school until he is 18 years of age and learn keep his dick in his pants.
    Maybe that message would sink in with the guys around town.

But then I'm a toughie and old school. I'm afraid my kind might be on the way out, good thing
    not sure I could take a society that condones a little girl having sex at age 7.
    What the fuckin fuck what! :evil:
  • Options
    About 15% of American girls now begin puberty by age 7, according to a study of 1,239 girls published last year in Pediatrics. One in 10 white girls begin developing breasts by that age — twice the rate seen in a 1997 study. Among black girls, such as Laila, 23% hit puberty by age 7.
    "Over the last 30 years, we've shortened the childhood of girls by about a year and a half," says Sandra Steingraber, author of a 2007 report on early puberty for the Breast Cancer Fund, an advocacy group. "That's not good."
    Girls are being catapulted into adolescence long before their brains are ready for the change — a phenomenon that poses serious risks to their health, says Marcia Herman-Giddens, an adjunct professor at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/hea ... 45989054/1

good thing they got a pill so they can have sex at age 7 ...
    they can use their allowance on that instead of bubble gum...
    unbeknownst to their parents of course

For those who have missed the facts from earlier that puberty is arriving at a very young age.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    About 15% of American girls now begin puberty by age 7, according to a study of 1,239 girls published last year in Pediatrics. One in 10 white girls begin developing breasts by that age — twice the rate seen in a 1997 study. Among black girls, such as Laila, 23% hit puberty by age 7.
    "Over the last 30 years, we've shortened the childhood of girls by about a year and a half," says Sandra Steingraber, author of a 2007 report on early puberty for the Breast Cancer Fund, an advocacy group. "That's not good."
    Girls are being catapulted into adolescence long before their brains are ready for the change — a phenomenon that poses serious risks to their health, says Marcia Herman-Giddens, an adjunct professor at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.

For those who have missed the facts from earlier that puberty is arriving at a very young age.

And you think this means that 7 year olds are interested in having sex? What planet are you from? My daughter is 9, no where near puberty, doesn't even know what sex is. :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

as young as age 7.

I would want that pill available with a parents consent. I would want that little girl to go to
    counseling with her parent. I would want whomever tried to knock up a 7,8,9 year old
    to pay dearly with boys school until he is 18 years of age and learn keep his dick in his pants.

But then I'm a toughie and old school. I'm afraid my kind might be on the way out, good thing
    not sure I could take a society that condones a little girl having sex at age 7.

I resent your implication that I am condoning a child of 7 having sex. It is a stupid leap to make.

Why don't you go down to 2 years old...it is as ridiculous as 7, which you now have jumped to...you haven't responded and now won't because you are out, but I will pose the question anyway...why would you want a 9 year old to get pregnant because the ability to stop it was unattainable because of shame or appointment unavailability or any other reason? That is what is crazy to me. Even to imply that 9 year olds are running around having sex is ridiculous, puberty or not...but my arguments apply at any age really. If we are going to say things like condone, I ask you why would you condone a 9 year old getting pregnant when it was avoidable?
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited April 2013
    How in the hell does one go from: '15% of girls begin puberty at 7' to something as preposterous as claiming these girls are actually having sex and society (including posters in this thread) are encouraging and condoning this? :? It's just plain twisted and weird.

Maybe one can sort of equate this to the ' scaremongering' and uneducated statement the OP was highlighting (ie abortion pill) in order to serve an agenda? Or maybe because of a lack of credible argument?
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Pandora, you do realize that the judge said 'all girls of reproductive age'

Starting puberty is NOT the same as being able to reproduce. Those 7 year olds you are carrying on about that have started developing breasts? They aren't having periods, they are not of 'reproductive age' Let alone the fact that 99.9999999999% of 7 year olds aren't having sex either
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    pandora wrote:
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

as young as age 7.

Maybe that message would sink in with the guys around town

What 7 or 8 yr old girl (or boy for that matter) have you heard of having consensual sex. My 8 yr old daughter still thinks boys has cooties. Except for Justin bieber.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    pandora wrote:

And you think this means that 7 year olds are interested in having sex? What planet are you from? My daughter is 9, no where near puberty, doesn't even know what sex is. :fp: :fp: :fp:
    Because your daughter is not in a position to be persuaded into sex
    and has not hit puberty at a tender age no others are interested? ... what world do you live in Jean? :?

I'll take your stance then as in favor of all ages without parental permission
    being able to buy the morning after pill.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    pandora wrote:

and has not hit puberty at a tender age no others are interested? ... what world do you live in Jean? :?

I thought you said you were done with this thread, Pandora...

And no, most 7 and 8 year olds are NOT interested in sex. Do you live in the back woods or something?
  • Options
    What 7 or 8 yr old girl (or boy for that matter) have you heard of having consensual sex. My 8 yr old daughter still thinks boys has cooties. Except for Justin bieber.
    You didn't mention 9 years old which is an insane thought to me as well as age 7 and 8.
    Have you become accustomed to the thought of a 9 year old having sex then?
    This judge included all females who are able to reproduce. I'm assuming he is educated
    and realizes as I do that girls are reaching puberty at tender ages.
    I posted the percentages, 2 in 10 for black girls, 1 in 10 for white.

So in a typical elementary classroom then as many as 5 girls as young as 7 could
    without their parents knowledge get this pill. Insanity!

This judge was lazy. He should have proposed a reasonable age limit for ingesting medication
    without a parent's permission. He should have used good common sense, that is what judges do.
    His motives I question.
    I also question anyone who agrees with all ages without a parents permission.
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Starting puberty is NOT the same as being able to reproduce. Those 7 year olds you are carrying on about that have started developing breasts? They aren't having periods, they are not of 'reproductive age' Let alone the fact that 99.9999999999% of 7 year olds aren't having sex either
    Exactly. It can be years between the first signs of puberty and actually being able to reproduce (ie starting periods). Though I'm sure someone will google up some rare and extreme examples of children giving birth to their own child.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

I thought you said you were done with this thread, Pandora...

And no, most 7 and 8 year olds are NOT interested in sex. Do you live in the back woods or something?
    why must you be be insulting Jean making personal comments to me always? Can you not just give your opinion or answer a question? You left out 9 year olds as well. I guess you too have become accustomed to the thought 9 year olds will be having sex. So why not 7 and 8 year olds? Because you claim they are not interested even though they have reached puberty. And you base this on your limited knowledge of children you know not all children :? Do you think 7,8,9 year olds can make adult decisions?

I was done as of yesterday. It was mind boggling to me. I see I am not alone either after
    watching the am news :lol:

But we will not agree so we can be done ... you feel this judge acted appropriately by giving the morning after pill to all ages without parental permissin. I think that was a ridiculous move and feel he should have specified an age limit as young children need guidance and parents need to parent.

We can agree to disagree.
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Pandora, you do realize that the judge said 'all girls of reproductive age'

But you are also ok with 9 year olds? and ok if a 7 or 8 year does engage in sex?
    ok with this judge not specifying an age limit. Ok with allowing any age to walk in a store and buy the morning after pill? Then if you are ok with all that,
    you and I will have to agree to disagree on this topic.

'Reproductive age' is when ovulation and menstruation cycle begins
    which is happening in as young as 7 and 8 year olds. But for me 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, is too young
    to have sex, to make adult decisions, to be without parental permission or guidance.
    I think this judge made a big mistake... or did he do this on purpose hmmmm :think: ....
  • Options
    Seems like 9 is the new 7, the new 'focus'? ;) "
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Exactly. It can be years between the first signs of puberty and actually being able to reproduce (ie starting periods). Though I'm sure someone will google up some rare and extreme examples of children giving birth to their own child.
    Matters not the points have been made. It surprises me that intelligent people can agree
    with a judge who can make such a broad move as this, to allow any age to buy this medication
    without parental involvement.
    I have a feeling the parents here are saying, not my child. But you know it is someone's
    child. And this child be they 7 or 14 may have great parents, top notch,
    as good as any parents here and they will not know that their too young
    child is having sex because that is no longer their responsibility.

Thank you Judge Korman for your lack of wisdom. Just what we need to raise our children...
    judges like you. :fp:

97167d62-e73d-412f-a15c-89c8b9b715d4_zps0db829bf.jpg
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Seems like 9 is the new 7, the new 'focus'? ;) "
    seems like 9 :shock: :o is the new 16 more like it
  • Options
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    mikepegg44 wrote:

I resent your implication that I am condoning a child of 7 having sex. It is a stupid leap to make.

Why don't you go down to 2 years old...it is as ridiculous as 7, which you now have jumped to...you haven't responded and now won't because you are out, but I will pose the question anyway...why would you want a 9 year old to get pregnant because the ability to stop it was unattainable because of shame or appointment unavailability or any other reason? That is what is crazy to me. Even to imply that 9 year olds are running around having sex is ridiculous, puberty or not...but my arguments apply at any age really. If we are going to say things like condone, I ask you why would you condone a 9 year old getting pregnant when it was avoidable?
    I believe in consequence for actions Mike. A huge part of good parenting.
    A huge part of a good society.
    Children must learn this to make the right choices in their adult life.

There is a big difference in allowing all ages without parental permission
    then allowing young adults access without parental permission.
    The fact that you feel your argument applies to any age is extremely telling
    and makes about as much sense as this judge.