Options

My wife won lottery tickets, but now she is pregnant.

Comments

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    81 wrote:
    do....here is the plan...

post a pic of the wife....

wait for a girl that is going to the show that looks like the wife....

have said girl use wife's id to get tix....

i seriously came back to this thread to ask if the wife is short and blonde :lol:
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,269
    It's NOT:My wife won lottery tickets, but now she is pregnant.

It's: My wife won lottery tickets and now she is pregnant.

There's no "BUT" when your'e lady is pregnant.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648

I would send an email to tenclub, too, asking about the possibilities. Good luck and congrats again!

Please let me know if this strategy works - if it does, I will promptly sign up my wife-to-be for the ten club and use her account for double the entries to all ticket lotteries and then send the exact same email claiming a pregnancy when it turns out she had no real interest in going at all.

Thanks for the advice.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    shep wrote:

I would send an email to tenclub, too, asking about the possibilities. Good luck and congrats again!

Please let me know if this strategy works - if it does, I will promptly sign up my wife-to-be for the ten club and use her account for double the entries to all ticket lotteries and then send the exact same email claiming a pregnancy when it turns out she had no real interest in going at all.

Thanks for the advice.

:| I guess I'm just too honest for this kind of shit. I would never cheat. My hubs also is a 10c member, but he didn't even try for tickets. I think I would probably have asked 10c before I made an open thread about it.
  • Options
    Eroom21 wrote:
    This is probably useless, and I know what the ticket policy is, but my wife and I both entered the ticket draw for the London show. She won, I didn't, so the tickets are her name. Now my wife is pregnant and I am worried she won't be able to make the show, We have to make a 2 hour trip to get to London. All of this means no tickets and wasted money.

I really understand why they have such strict ticket policies, but there really needs to be exceptions made for cirsumstances like this, or allow a secondary name placed on the tickets so one other person could pick them up.

man they should do a draw to resell the tickets but i dont think they do, i guess the tickets just get wasted, and that sucks since i couldnt win on any 10c draws this time, and now you wasting a pair of tickets for the ones who couldnt get any, should of kept it in your pants until mid july. joke on you though you gonna miss pj too now, :lol: sarcasm
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Eroom21 wrote:
    This is probably useless, and I know what the ticket policy is, but my wife and I both entered the ticket draw for the London show. She won, I didn't, so the tickets are her name. Now my wife is pregnant and I am worried she won't be able to make the show, We have to make a 2 hour trip to get to London. All of this means no tickets and wasted money.

I really understand why they have such strict ticket policies, but there really needs to be exceptions made for cirsumstances like this, or allow a secondary name placed on the tickets so one other person could pick them up.

man they should do a draw to resell the tickets but i dont think they do, i guess the tickets just get wasted, and that sucks since i couldnt win on any 10c draws this time, and now you wasting a pair of tickets for the ones who couldnt get any, should of kept it in your pants until mid july. joke on you though you gonna miss pj too now, :lol: sarcasm

you missed the point where he says he is married. if you get a chance you take it... :lol:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    MC10425MC10425 Posts: 1
    Take her to the show!!! I traveled to Vancouver from Colorado while six and a half months pregnant with twins and I'm old (making my pregnancy much more high risk)! I was also fortunate enough to get front row tickets. I had a blast and I am convinced my twin daughters recognize Pearl Jam's music to this day because they heard them play in utero.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    MC10425 wrote:
    Take her to the show!!! I traveled to Vancouver from Colorado while six and a half months pregnant with twins and I'm old (making my pregnancy much more high risk)! I was also fortunate enough to get front row tickets. I had a blast and I am convinced my twin daughters recognize Pearl Jam's music to this day because they heard them play in utero.

They played a Nirvana album!? ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    :fp:

You know,...

Never mind.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I don't know what the big deal is... she pregnant. She can still drive you to the gig and get the tickets then drive back to the hotel, can't she?
    you can catch a ride back to the hotel after the gig with the money you recouped from selling her ticket.
    Problem solved.
    You're welcome.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Time line

Show annouced on Jan 23
    10 c drawing early feb or late jan (i forget the exact date)
    public on sale on feb 9th

show is on july 16

based on the thread title... i assume she became preggo sometime after feb 1. lets assume march 1.

that woudl put her at 4.5 months for the show.

that would put her at 1 month today

we know today she can't drive 2 hours in car

just stating facts with one assumption.

:think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Just one of those things I'm afraid. I had tickets to Faith No More when I got pregnant with my little one, each to his own but I didn't want to risk anything so I didnt go. I've been a fan since I was seven and never seen them live, I was disappointed I couldn't go but then I had a beautiful bubs on the way so how disappointed could I really be?
    This year I had tickets to A Perfect Circle and I found out I'm pregnant again :lol: so oh well. I love music but the baby is more important than anything else. If you don't think it's a wise decision to put her in a car for 2 hours at 1 month along, don't do it. ;) (not trying to say that anyone is wrong in their decisions just don't want him regretting his.)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446
    For the record... we have 4 kids and my wife has been to many PJ concerts with me, but whenever she was pregnant she wouldn't go near a concert.

I know people say its ok to expose the baby to the loud noise of a rock concert, but we never wanted to take the chance. Not worth it in our opinion. But it's a free country so I'm not criticizing anyone who chose to do differently.

Congrats again on the pregnancy and good luck on transferring the tickets.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    MC10425 wrote:

Best first post ever.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    on2legs wrote:
    For the record... we have 4 kids and my wife has been to many PJ concerts with me, but whenever she was pregnant she wouldn't go near a concert.

I know people say its ok to expose the baby to the loud noise of a rock concert, but we never wanted to take the chance. Not worth it in our opinion. But it's a free country so I'm not criticizing anyone who chose to do differently.

My wife has been to 2 shows pregnant, including a 9 hour trip to a show and a 9 hour trip back the next day. She will also be pregnant for Wrigley. I think the OP's wife can take it.
  • Options
    Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    My wife will be seven months pregnant for the Chicago show. She said as long as she gets a seat she doesnt care. So luckily I didnt win GA. I dont think it will be that bad, you will be indoors and you will have a seat. Just make sure she drinks plenty of water so she doesnt dehydrate.
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• Options
    on2legs wrote:

My wife has been to 2 shows pregnant, including a 9 hour trip to a show and a 9 hour trip back the next day. She will also be pregnant for Wrigley. I think the OP's wife can take it.

I think it's up to him to decide that. I'm glad it worked out well for you and your family :)

• Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    shep wrote:
    Eroom21 wrote:

So - my only question here is - is your wife actually a Pearl Jam fan, or is she simply a person you trust so that you can have a second 10C number and therefore better odds at tickets (or in the past a chance to get 2 sets of tickets)?

I get the feeling a fair bit of this goes on around here, yes?

Congrats on the pregnancy. If she's only just conceived lately, can't see any reason why she wouldn't still go to the show... it's less than 3 months away, 3 hours on her feet shouldn't be that much of a chore by then....

Actually she is a quite a fan like most people in the 10C.
  • Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    on2legs wrote:
    on2legs wrote:

I think it's up to him to decide that. I'm glad it worked out well for you and your family :)

I really appreciate all the stories about how a women did this when she was that pregnant, but my wife isn't anyone elses wife, and I would like my wife to go no matter what, but its her body, her desicion to make.
  • Options
    Eroom21 wrote:
    Screw that noise,It will get cut down for her, I will still be going as long as I get tickets.

nothing like equal responsibility.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    on2legs wrote:

I think it's up to her to decide that. I'm glad it worked out well for you and your family :)

fixed
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    My wife was 6 months pregnant for the Chicago shows in 2009 & will be 6 months pregnant for the wrigley show. I really dont think she is going to have a problem being mobile. My wife is also tackling Disney World for 8 days at the end of June with our 3.5 year old daughter. If she can do that your wife can do a day or two in London Ontario.
  • Options
    on2legs wrote:

Our daughter turned out perfectly fine & she was exposed to a few concerts during my wifes pregnancy in 2009. Anyways at the second Chicago show our daughter was kicking so hard during Nothingman. We say she liked it. Also my daughters favorite band is Pearl Jam & her favorite song is Who You Are. I would say that my daughter "attending" those shows was a great thing.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i still don't know how you can tell at the one month mark that she won't be able to attend a show at the 4.5 month mark.

honestly, don't really care either way, but seems odd to me that she is going to be bed bound for 8 months.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    shep wrote:

Thanks for the advice.
    Not being rude, but this is exactly why the 10C will never allow for exceptions with tickets. (You make a good point) Too many dishonest peeps out there.

If they make an exception for one, that opens the flood gates :roll:
  • Options
    DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    For what it's worth....I'm in 10c and won lotto tix (field/lower bowl seats). I'll be about 5 mo preggers - she can do it! I was at Phish @ Alpine in 2010 and 8 months preggers - the hill was rough but I made it through (we had pav seats). I have an AWESOME little 2.5 year old boy now (who loves to dance to PJ and Phish). :) So she won't be the only pregnant one there. Good times! :D
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    My wife just went on vacation without me.

She better not come home pregnant!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    on2legs wrote:

I think it's up to her to decide that. I'm glad it worked out well for you and your family :)

fixed

Very good :)

• Options
    DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    roh oh....I hope not too for your sake! :P
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    on2legs wrote:

Our daughter turned out perfectly fine & she was exposed to a few concerts during my wifes pregnancy in 2009. Anyways at the second Chicago show our daughter was kicking so hard during Nothingman. We say she liked it. Also my daughters favorite band is Pearl Jam & her favorite song is Who You Are. I would say that my daughter "attending" those shows was a great thing.

Agreed. It's a personal choice and I think it's up to each individual to decide what's best for them. Glad you guys enjoyed the shows.