Options

My wife won lottery tickets, but now she is pregnant.

Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
edited April 2013 in The Porch
This is probably useless, and I know what the ticket policy is, but my wife and I both entered the ticket draw for the London show. She won, I didn't, so the tickets are her name. Now my wife is pregnant and I am worried she won't be able to make the show, We have to make a 2 hour trip to get to London. All of this means no tickets and wasted money.

I really understand why they have such strict ticket policies, but there really needs to be exceptions made for cirsumstances like this, or allow a secondary name placed on the tickets so one other person could pick them up.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JH57554JH57554 Posts: 245
    Two hours isn't shit. Drive to the box office, pick up your tickets and sell them to one of the thousands of people on here that are looking for extras.
  • Options
    JH57554JH57554 Posts: 245
    Also, congrats on the pregnancy! I know it's all new now and you're probably pretty nervous, but hopefully by show time, you'll have both relaxed a bit and she'll feel up to the show.

My wife and I hit tons of shows when she was knocked up. Better to get in as many as you can now, because once that kid comes your show-going is going to get cut down drastically.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I could sell one ticket to pay for gas, and only lose $60.
    JH57554 wrote:
    Two hours isn't shit. Drive to the box office, pick up your tickets and sell them to one of the thousands of people on here that are looking for extras.
    Post edited by Eroom21 on
  • Options
    Screw that noise,It will get cut down for her, I will still be going as long as I get tickets.
    JH57554 wrote:
    Also, congrats on the pregnancy! I know it's all new now and you're probably pretty nervous, but hopefully by show time, you'll have both relaxed a bit and she'll feel up to the show.

My wife and I hit tons of shows when she was knocked up. Better to get in as many as you can now, because once that kid comes your show-going is going to get cut down drastically.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    Eroom21 wrote:
    This is probably useless, and I know what the ticket policy is, but my wife and I both entered the ticket draw for the London show. She won, I didn't, so the tickets are her name. Now my wife is pregnant and I am worried she won't be able to make the show, We have to make a 2 hour trip to get to London. All of this means no tickets and wasted money.

I really understand why they have such strict ticket policies, but there really needs to be exceptions made for cirsumstances like this, or allow a secondary name placed on the tickets so one other person could pick them up.

Its the whole can of worms thing...they help you and then someone else will have a reason, and another, and another
  • Options
    I'll meet you at the gate! Still looking for a pair and my flights are booked from Edmonton, send me a PM if ya want!

:D
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    Eroom21 wrote:

So - my only question here is - is your wife actually a Pearl Jam fan, or is she simply a person you trust so that you can have a second 10C number and therefore better odds at tickets (or in the past a chance to get 2 sets of tickets)?

I get the feeling a fair bit of this goes on around here, yes?

Congrats on the pregnancy. If she's only just conceived lately, can't see any reason why she wouldn't still go to the show... it's less than 3 months away, 3 hours on her feet shouldn't be that much of a chore by then....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    The show is in July, and it is already April. How far along will she be when the show happens?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    email the 10c....maybe they can help you out. maybe not. be pretty shitty if she can't make it and the tix go to waste.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    shep wrote:
    Eroom21 wrote:

So - my only question here is - is your wife actually a Pearl Jam fan, or is she simply a person you trust so that you can have a second 10C number and therefore better odds at tickets (or in the past a chance to get 2 sets of tickets)?

Congrats on the pregnancy. If she's only just conceived lately, can't see any reason why she wouldn't still go to the show... it's less than 3 months away, 3 hours on her feet shouldn't be that much of a chore by then....

Are you implying that's somehow wrong?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Any correlation here? A little post-lottery celebration? ;)
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    100 Pacer wrote:
    shep wrote:

I don't think it's wrong, but I also don't think anyone should complain if they can't go based on the above assumptions.

As to being pregnant. My wife and I traveled from Los Angles to London and Dublin when she was 8 months pregnant.

Doctor said no problem. I don't think that doing normal things up until about the 8 month mark is a big deal.

Good luck either way.
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Eroom21 wrote:

I'm not implying that this is wrong - just asking some simple questions out of curiosity.

however, I will say that if this is what the OP is doing, i don't have any sympathy for his situation (still a big congrats on the pregnancy though!).
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    shep wrote:
    I'm not implying that this is wrong - just asking some simple questions out of curiosity.

however, I will say that if this is what the OP is doing, i don't have any sympathy for his situation (still a big congrats on the pregnancy though!).

Would you have sympathized if he only entered the lottery with his wife's account?

;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Bogey ManBogey Man Newfoundland Posts: 118
    I'm in a similar situation. Only the lottery tickets are in my name so I'm going anyway. My wife is now pregnant and I keep dropping hints like, "Are you sure you will want to go, because you'll be on your feet awhile."

Really, I just want to get one of my buddies to go and turn it into a boozefest.

However, she insists she'll be fine and is going.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec 5/05/2016
    Ottawa 5/08/2016
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Bogey Man wrote:
    I'm in a similar situation. Only the lottery tickets are in my name so I'm going anyway. My wife is now pregnant and I keep dropping hints like, "Are you sure you will want to go, because you'll be on your feet awhile."

Really, I just want to get one of my buddies to go and turn it into a boozefest.

jerk
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    shep wrote:

Would you have sympathized if he only entered the lottery with his wife's account?

;)

oh... stop playing devil's advocate! :P
  • Options
    Bogey ManBogey Man Newfoundland Posts: 118
    shortstack wrote:
    Bogey Man wrote:

jerk

That's a little harsh. My wife and I have travelled to plenty of concerts together. Both of our levels of enjoyment won't be there if she's uncomfortable and getting sick. Especially when we're travelling thousands of kilometers and staying for a few days.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec 5/05/2016
    Ottawa 5/08/2016
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,445
    Eroom21 wrote:
    She won, I didn't, so the tickets are her name. Now my wife is pregnant and I am worried she won't be able to make the show,

Looks like you've won a different sort of lottery :D Congrats on the new addition!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Bogey Man wrote:
    shortstack wrote:
    Bogey Man wrote:

jerk

That's a little harsh. My wife and I have travelled to plenty of concerts together. Both of our levels of enjoyment won't be there if she's uncomfortable and getting sick. Especially when we're travelling thousands of kilometers and staying for a few days.

yeah, okay jerk

:lol:
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Ok....... Seriously?!?!? First off congrats on the pregnancy !
    And now.. WTF?!?! Do you seriously think your wife will
    DIE if she goes to a show 3-4 months into pregnancy?? For
    real dude!! Once my best friend and I went to Rockfest in KC
    And there was a lady do far along there, that we thought
    she would deliver the kid THERE!! Well halfway through
    Korn's set, she went into labor!! Lmao!! Anyhow..
    As long as the crowd is safe, the show is safe. Your wife
    Will be fine.. We be bitches built for this.. ( old saying don't
    Think I calling your wife a bitch). It just means.. It's what
    we women do!! Shit, in the 18&19th centuries,
    Women have birth in fields.. Then went right on back
    To what they were doing!! She'll be fine!! Go, enjoy,
    Get that kid started off right!! Most of all congratulations!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Bogey Man wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

don't mind the women

:lol::lol:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=205880

People here want London tickets... myself included :D
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami wrote:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=205880

People here want London tickets... myself included :D

but the wife can't drive 2 hours to pick them up
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Once my best friend and I went to Rockfest in KC
    Korn's set, she went into labor!

:shock: Wow.

I agree with the rest of whispering hands' post. Congrats on your upcoming family adition! I have never been pregnant, but my sisters and lots of my friends have, and some of them went to shows, festivals etc. It's not like she is handicapped or having a contagious disease. Depending on how your wife feels, I would also say that she would be good to go. At least in the US she will have a seat, and won't necessarily have to stand the whole time.

Also, I would think that if you are spouses, you as her husband should be able to pick up the tickets in her name or with her credit card :think: But I might be wrong.

I would send an email to tenclub, too, asking about the possibilities. Good luck and congrats again!
  • Options
    do....here is the plan...

post a pic of the wife....

wait for a girl that is going to the show that looks like the wife....

have said girl use wife's id to get tix....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

I agree with the rest of whispering hands' post. Congrats on your upcoming family adition! I have never been pregnant, but my sisters and lots of my friends have, and some of them went to shows, festivals etc. It's not like she is handicapped or having a contagious disease. Depending on how your wife feels, I would also say that she would be good to go. At least in the US she will have a seat, and won't necessarily have to stand the whole time.

Also, I would think that if you are spouses, you as her husband should be able to pick up the tickets in her name or with her credit card :think: But I might be wrong.

I would send an email to tenclub, too, asking about the possibilities. Good luck and congrats again!
    No the name is the one on the Account (10c.. Not the financial acct).
    I had to change my name on my 10c account so it would match my
    ID when I pick up my tix for Wrigley..
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

No the name is the one on the Account (10c.. Not the financial acct).
    I had to change my name on my 10c account so it would match my
    ID when I pick up my tix for Wrigley..

Hm. I see. My forum account is in a different name than my US ID, but it's the same name as in my passport and on my cc. I guess I will just take my passport and the German cc with me then to avoid confusion... And not change the name on my forum account yet. :think:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    do....here is the plan...

post a pic of the wife....

wait for a girl that is going to the show that looks like the wife....

have said girl use wife's id to get tix....
    tumblr_mh1dm6cMu71qfmd4mo1_500.gif

really - how close are the ticket people paying attention to the face on the idea -- and also women are notorious for changing their appearance -- i would say it doesn't even have to be a close match.
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    This is gonna get so locked.

I went to a King of Leon concert with my pregnant wife. Stood in GA the whole time. Everybody is different though. One would assume that either you could go with someone else or you both could go depending on how far along she will be at the time. Best hing about wife being pregnant is you have a DD for 9 months. :D
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.