Your favorite Horror films

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    dankind wrote:
    Added Grave Encounters to my Netflix queue; Cabin in the Woods is not available.

Remember Dennis from Cabin Fever?

dennis.jpg

Fucking awesome!

PANCAKES!!!
    Dennis on the swing and Cerina Vincents boobs were the best thing about that movie.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Anybody who has netflix have some good suggestions for horror movies to watch?
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    dankind wrote:
    Added Grave Encounters to my Netflix queue; Cabin in the Woods is not available.

dennis.jpg

Fucking awesome!

PANCAKES!!!
    WTF did I just watch?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • I really like the found footage genre. None of them scare me, but they keep my interest and can get suspenseful.

My top 5 found footage horror movies are:

1. Grave Encounters
    2. Quarantine
    3. Paranormal Entity
    4. Paranormal Activity
    5. The Devil Inside

did you like Cloverfield?

Yes I did! I thought it was very interesting. Most of my friends who I saw it with said they hated it, but I loved it. It kept me interested.
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JK_Livin wrote:
    dankind wrote:

dennis.jpg

Fucking awesome!

PANCAKES!!!
    WTF did I just watch?

:lol::lol::lol:

The Blu-ray/DVD has an extra of this kid doing all his karate shit to Electric Six's "Gay Bar." It's fantastic.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211

did you like Cloverfield?

Yes I did! I thought it was very interesting. Most of my friends who I saw it with said they hated it, but I loved it. It kept me interested.

Me too.
    Anybody who has netflix have some good suggestions for horror movies to watch?

I liked Troll Hunter on netflix.. its Norwgian I think, subtitled.. a bit strange, But I really liked it. Not sure if its horror though.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Any B movie with Bruce Campbell

I own most of them, the commentary is usually better than the movie.
    Me too.
    Anybody who has netflix have some good suggestions for horror movies to watch?

I liked Troll Hunter on netflix.. its Norwgian I think, subtitled.. a bit strange, But I really liked it. Not sure if its horror though.
    I no longer have netflix so I cant remember whats on there.

Troll Hunter was very good! Better than Cloverfield.
    I recommend the movie "The Loved Ones" to anyone who hasnt seen it.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I didn't like Cloverfield. I don't think I've liked any found footage since The Blair Witch project, I can't get past the fact that nobody would be filming such things. Even in Blair Witch I found it strange, but it sort of fit with the plot and it was still kind of a novel idea (at least to me) at the time so it didn't bother me much. I didn't find Cloverfield interesting at all, the whole thing was a boring blur. And I felt like I'd seen it all before. I'd seen found footage movies, and I'd seen monster attacks city movies. The fact they combined them didn't do anything for me.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    The Changeling (1980)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080516/
    It had a lasting impression, even though I saw it when I was maybe 7 (my parents put absolutely no restrictions to what I could watch - bless the early 80s!) It was terrifying!

I also really like The Ring a lot (I thought The Ring 2 wasn't bad either).

And Paranormal Activity and Paranormal Activity 2 were scary IMO. I went in with no expectations, which helped I bet. Haven't seen the others (what are they up to? 4? That's a bit much!).

I love horror movies... I even watch the crappy ones just so I know for sure that it's crappy.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The Changeling (1980)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080516/
    It had a lasting impression, even though I saw it when I was maybe 7 (my parents put absolutely no restrictions to what I could watch - bless the early 80s!) It was terrifying!
    Nice one! I absolutely love this movie. I've watched it almost every Halloween for over 20 years and still get creeped out by it.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    I didn't like Cloverfield. I don't think I've liked any found footage since The Blair Witch project, I can't get past the fact that nobody would be filming such things. Even in Blair Witch I found it strange, but it sort of fit with the plot and it was still kind of a novel idea (at least to me) at the time so it didn't bother me much. I didn't find Cloverfield interesting at all, the whole thing was a boring blur. And I felt like I'd seen it all before. I'd seen found footage movies, and I'd seen monster attacks city movies. The fact they combined them didn't do anything for me.

I know what you're saying, a lot of people I know didnt like Cloverfield. I cant explain why I liked it. Maybe its the mix of home video with a pretty creepy cool monster.
    But I despised Blair Witch. I thought it was terrible. These are love 'em or hate 'em flicks I think.

Its not a "found footage" movie, but did anyone like District-9? Thats another one I know people are pretty divided on.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I like District 9 although the overall theme rings a bit cheesy. I was hoping that the aliens would bring a fleet of fighters back and invade the planet at the end. I just felt you could detect the complete arc of the movie way too early.

I like Cloverfield as well.

I am looking forward to czeching out Sinister next week when it comes out on Netflix
    MayDay10 wrote:

I am looking forward to czeching out Sinister next week when it comes out on Netflix
    Good call, I had forgotten about that movie.

I know what you're saying, a lot of people I know didnt like Cloverfield. I cant explain why I liked it. Maybe its the mix of home video with a pretty creepy cool monster.
    But I despised Blair Witch. I thought it was terrible. These are love 'em or hate 'em flicks I think.

Its not a "found footage" movie, but did anyone like District-9? Thats another one I know people are pretty divided on.
    I liked Cloverfield and District 9 a lot! Both were simply highly entertaining IMO. But I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to movies I guess. I mean, I know what a brilliant movie is, and appreciate them very much, but after that, if I am watching a movie and find that I honestly am not bored and want to see how it ends, it's not that bad a movie.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Mariahcareyglitter.jpg

Scarriest movie ever.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

But you never really get a really good look at the creepy cool monster.

I liked District 9 OK, it started out really great but was kind of uneven. I thought the climax with the guy in the battle suit screaming and blowing shit up was out of place.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    also recommend a Dutch movie called St. Nick
    saintnick.thumbnail%203.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I really like the found footage genre. None of them scare me, but they keep my interest and can get suspenseful.

1. Grave Encounters
    2. Quarantine
    3. Paranormal Entity
    4. Paranormal Activity
    5. The Devil Inside

I watched Grave Encounters yesterday on netflix.

It was one of the best horror movies I have seen, and definitely the best "found Footage" one IMO. Bonkers. Great rec.
  • Highly recommend this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/

Its a French movie called High Tension. It is in French and I hate subtitled movies but this one was awesome!
    Rented Sinister for tonight.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I really like the found footage genre. None of them scare me, but they keep my interest and can get suspenseful.

1. Grave Encounters
    2. Quarantine
    3. Paranormal Entity
    4. Paranormal Activity
    5. The Devil Inside

I watched Grave Encounters yesterday on netflix.

It was one of the best horror movies I have seen, and definitely the best "found Footage" one IMO. Bonkers. Great rec.

Still in my queue. It's all about getting my toddler to sleep before I'm ready to call it a night myself.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • 1. The Exorcist
    2. Silent Hill
    3. Hellraiser I
    Just watched Sinister. Not a bad little movie. Some good scares, not the most original story, but it was done well.
    I'd give it a 7/10

Its a French movie called High Tension. It is in French and I hate subtitled movies but this one was awesome!

Seriously, you guys should watch this. Its really good.
    Highly recommend this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/

Saw that several years ago. It was pretty good. I liked it. People either accepted or hated the ending.

Saw that several years ago. It was pretty good. I liked it. People either accepted or hated the ending.

fair enough. I liked it. :D
    This is finally being released april 2nd: Stitches
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbXtIxpCDSQ (Trailer)

“Years after a cruel kids’ prank during a birthday party for 8-year-old Tommy (Tommy Knight, Doctor Who, The Sarah Jane Adventures) left hired clown Richard “Stitches” Grindle (Ross Noble) dead on the kitchen floor, the childhood friends gather to plan a birthday bash to end all bashes. But they haven’t counted on the degenerate jester rising from the grave to seek vengeance on the children who mocked him and caused his grisly, untimely end. Now Tommy and his teenage friends are on the run from an undead jokester who’s ready to use every trick in the book (and many that aren’t) to exact his revenge. McMahon delivers a delirious slasher epic, a hilariously twisted and blood-soaked tale of one very bad clown with a talent for making balloon animals – but with one very hideous difference.“
    Highly recommend this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/

I own that DVD for some reason. :lol: It isn't bad!